Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 03:03 PM   #31  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchawittygal View Post
Thank you Bubbleblower...perhaps I should try some of that Smooth Move tea everyone is talking about. Where does one get that stuff?
My grocery store has it. . . . It is by Traditional Medicinals brand tea. My store just moved it to the tea section. They used to have it in the pharmacy section with the other "adult nutrition." Hope you find it easily.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:05 PM   #32  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 225/175.5(home) 176.2(IP)/120

Height: 5'0"

I decided to break my protein up and add some to my lunch and that was the best thing ever cause I have been having a hard time in the late afternoon stretch even with a snack.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:11 PM   #33  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss52080 View Post
I started IP last week while on TOM and lost 7lbs! This week I am totally stalled and am hoping that I lose something tomorrow at my weigh in. I don't believe I have done anything different or eaten anything I shouldn't have. I have had some trouble with constipation, but started Miralax so hopefully that will help. Anyone else stall so quickly after starting?
You did not "stall". Sometimes the body has to catch up to the numbers.
For instance, I'm in week 7 and I didn't lose one pound in 8 days, but my clothes are falling off! Then today, day 9, I got on and was 2 lbs lighter.

There's so many things that affect the day-to-day weight. Don't freak out. Keep going, doing what you're supposed to do. It'll move. I promise.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:19 PM   #34  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulousatfifty View Post
Good Morning, almost afternoon now.

I am starting week 4 on IP = down 12.4 pounds. I am really struggling with morning hunger. Even when I have a restricted breakfast (like oatmeal), I seem to still be hungry after I eat. I then drink tea and water to get me through to lunch at 12 noon. This morning I had a mid morning snack of 1 cup celery sticks and WF blue cheese dressing which I enjoyed.

Yesterday I at my protein (meat) for lunch, and that helped. But having my main meal at dinner is just not working.

Has anyone else had the bad hunger in the morning? Also is the Chicken a la King soup retricted? It was very tasty with Brocolli but it is not on my center's restricted list.

Keep up the good work ladies (and gents)!
I have always had a need for a large breakfast to get me through to lunch, and I haven't changed that with this diet. I cannot survive on just a bar or drink for breakfast. I've tried, and I barely make it an hour before my stomach is howling with hunger...and being diabetic, this is not a good thing.

Today, for breakfast, I had an IP omelet egg fu yung and a cup of sauteed veggies. With teh veggies plust what's in the egg fu yung, this is 2 of my 4 cups for the day, and it keeps me full for right around 4 hours. Other mornings I make a pancake that is 1/2 pancake mix; half oatmeal (alternative brands that are not restricted), plus one egg white. This makes 2 cakes, so I save one for the next day. The bigger the breakfast, the less I seem to eat the rest of the day. Some days, if I'm really feeling hungry in the morning, I'll add about 2 oz of meat to whatever I'm eating. Add a little leftover roast from the night before to my omelet, or something. Egg whites come in very handy with breakfast additions, because they are free.

For lunch I have a salad and snack I have an IP soup, usually, or switch it up a little. I really don't get hungry when my breakfast is big enough.

Good luck!
Old 02-25-2013, 03:21 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 250/241/135

Height: 5'6

Reading the WI posts today makes me think we would all be better off if we chucked our scales! I know how exciting the anticipation is when we step on the scale in the morning but I know I've gotten off plenty of diets simply because I wasn't losing fast enough. I know the time I had the most success and felt the most confident on a diet was years and years ago when I was on Atkins and had no scale. I rocked that plan for months! Even when I did have minor slipups I don't think I was as discouraged because I never saw the huge impact of those crazy numbers on the scale.

Lets remember to be kind to ourselves! Our bodies do amazing work every day! Lets work this plan!!
Old 02-25-2013, 03:25 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 165/144/135.

Default Made muffins with the chocolate pancake mix

So much of it stuck to the paper liner i half thought about eating the liner too. Not that it actually was fantastic but it was the closest thing to bread i had had in 3 weeks.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:39 PM   #37  
Started IP 11/28/12

Just a quick note - my weigh in this last week was awesome. Minus 5 lbs! I'm only 1.2 lbs from achieving 40 lbs of weight loss and getting my new charm for my necklace. Amazing how I can be so inspired and motivated to lose just to get that charm.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:46 PM   #38  
Started IP 1/7/13

S/C/G: 252/220/152

Had a great weekend and WI on Friday. Friends and family are really starting to notice the weight loss. And, I need to go buy a belt because most of my pants are getting way too big in the waist. I can't even remember the last time I wore a belt, much less bought one.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:57 PM   #39  
Started IP 11/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Good morning! I stepped on the scale and I'm up 4 lbs this morning!! I'm feeling yucky so I think I may be coming down with a cold and I also got lots of exercise yesterday pulling up the kitchen floor so my muscles are a bit sore. I really hope that the issue is just inflammation! It's not possible to gain 4 lbs of fat in four days of eating OP, right??
Don't lose sleep over this one. You'll normalize back out in a couple of days. This is one of the reasons they talk about not exercising strenuously during Phase 1. As Scorbett said, make sure you add back food, IP pack, for what your burned off during exercise aka ripping up the floor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heritagesoftail View Post
Happy Monday everyone . On day 6 and feeling great. Question for ladies. Did you still lose weight when TOM arrived ?
I did lose weight on TOM, but it was a small amount and my water weight, fat weight was lean muscle weight would fluctuate during this time as well because of water retention. I usually have a big loss the week after the end of my TOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
That must explain the temper tantrum I threw in the kitchen Saturday night when my broiler kept setting off the smoke alarm. It's my TOM, but still, gosh, I surprised even myself! Oh, the joys . . . on the bright side, my family has been much more helpful in keeping the kitchen clean ever since.
LOL!! Don't mess with SylviesGirl! My hormones were thrown off in the beginning of IP so that I was on TOM for THREE weeks!!! It was awful, but then the next couple of times it was normal. Thank goodness. One week is bad enough, but three.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie63 View Post
Just wanted to say that I'm back from the cruise -I've been back for a week. We just missed the blizzard - we left at 6am to head down to Miami. If they were closing the airport we were going to rent a car and drive straight thru - we had 4 people so we would take shifts. We were not going to miss that boat!!

We had a great time! The boat was gorgeous (only 4 months old), the entertainment was great and the food was wonderful.

I had lost 1.8# my first week on P3 and gained 1.4# my 2nd week. (I really liked those P3 breakfasts!) We came back on Saturday night and Sunday morning like I told myself I would do I was right back on P1 to finish loosing. When I weighed in on Wednesday afternoon I was down .4#.

I ate what I wanted, I had desserts, a couple of drinks, waffles, bacon, pizza... I didn't go nuts tho (not nearly as much as I could have!). I tried to drink all of the water we're supposed to, it was a lot less than what I normally drink.

I did overeat a couple of times and realized that I do not like that feeling you get in your stomach (both inside and outside!) when you do. It did not feel good. This is something that I need to remember when I'm on maintenance, especially my cheat days.

So I'm back on P1 - I'm having a hard time journaling, I eat the same thing every day, so I'm figuring what's the point, but I should do it to keep on track.

Different subjiect - It still bothers me that my coach said that she had people "graduate" from the program. The maintenance is the hard part of this process - you don't graduate from that. I have 20 or so pounds left (want to get to size 10, so not sure what that is), I should start thinking of maintenance soon, but I don't know if she's the best one to help me with that. She suggests the Paleo diet for maintenance, which is another very strict diet, I dont think I can do what I've done for the past 11 months for the rest of my life. I've been successfull partially becuase I knew there was an end to the very restricted life I've been leading.

Hope everyone is doing well. This is the first time I've checked in since I've been back, so I haven't kept up.
Hope you had fun on the cruise and eating somewhat normal. It sounds like you did a "gut check" to make sure you were accomplishing things that would help you not gain too much weight during the cruise. That's a great shift for the mind which is something I imagine didn't happen quite so often before...it didn't with me.

I'm with you on the Paleo diet and knowing there is an end in sight to this diet and the restrictions. I'm thinking that if we provide some balance to our diet (in Phase 4) coupled with exercise, drinking lots of water, eating whole foods, organics if possible, and restrict the bad stuff like chemicals, preservatives, HFCS, etc...then our bodies will have a much better chance of maintaining our goal weight without too much restriction. In other words, if we put foods in our body that our bodies can actually utilize and process then we will be much better off than before.

For instance, I used to love sodas, but I had switched to natural sodas, like Blue Sky soda or Izzys which uses pure cane sugar (Blue Sky also has a Stevia soda) with no junk chemicals in it. It was seriously good. Of course I don't have it on IP, but it's an alternative when on Phase 4.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:06 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
My grocery store has it. . . . It is by Traditional Medicinals brand tea. My store just moved it to the tea section. They used to have it in the pharmacy section with the other "adult nutrition." Hope you find it easily.
Thank you! I'll check my local grocery store.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:07 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Quote:
I agree with ragdoll74, your coach/es are supposed to be helping you and nothing else . . . they work for you. I wouldn't do well in that kind of atmosphere . . . I would get either intimidated or rebellious . . . for me, both roads lead to the same bad place. Good luck.
Thanks everyone!! I usually love a good 'fight' and I am just feeling a little defeated. I am worried they still won't listen to me. But, so be it and I'll move on to go completely rouge.

I am also worried that IP isn't working for me anymore, although I know the poop thing is an issue. Truth be told, I did have a goal of Onderland before I went to Ireland am bummed that's out the window.

I'm an RN for Pete's sake and while nutrition isn't my area of expertise, they talk to me like I am an idiot.

I'm hoping it's my usual coach, at least she 'knows' me.

I am starting to stress about the trip as welll. I KNOW BAD BAD BAD.

Maybe I'll have Scorbett come with me with her boxing gloves.

Just having a case of the Mondays and a pity party for one.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:43 PM   #42  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

Plans for today, think I am going to have the rest of the pork carnitas I had last night adding cauliflower rice with just a touch of tomato paste and some southwest seasonings to make it into Spanish rice!
I WI tomorrow morning and since I have been at the same number for the last 9 days I am just trying to stay 100% OP and drink lots and LOTS of water.

Lots of great WI's from others today, great work!

Last edited by MntRose; 02-25-2013 at 04:45 PM. Reason: spelling errors
Old 02-25-2013, 05:04 PM   #43  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaNurse View Post
Thanks everyone!! I usually love a good 'fight' and I am just feeling a little defeated. I am worried they still won't listen to me. But, so be it and I'll move on to go completely rouge.

I am also worried that IP isn't working for me anymore, although I know the poop thing is an issue. Truth be told, I did have a goal of Onderland before I went to Ireland am bummed that's out the window.

I'm an RN for Pete's sake and while nutrition isn't my area of expertise, they talk to me like I am an idiot.

I'm hoping it's my usual coach, at least she 'knows' me.

I am starting to stress about the trip as welll. I KNOW BAD BAD BAD.

Maybe I'll have Scorbett come with me with her boxing gloves.

Just having a case of the Mondays and a pity party for one.
You know I'd be happy to and and till they
Old 02-25-2013, 05:10 PM   #44  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss52080 View Post
I started IP last week while on TOM and lost 7lbs! This week I am totally stalled and am hoping that I lose something tomorrow at my weigh in. I don't believe I have done anything different or eaten anything I shouldn't have. I have had some trouble with constipation, but started Miralax so hopefully that will help. Anyone else stall so quickly after starting?
One week isn't a stall. SEVERAL weeks of no change in weight or measurements is a stall. Your body is just adjusting to the 7lbs you lost! Weight loss is NOT linear - it is not a stead downward slope. Some weeks you will lose weight. Some weeks, inches. And YES you will have weeks where nothing happens, especially after a big loss week. It's totally normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianonan View Post
Good Afternoon!
Does anyone know if the new Atkins Frozen Dinners are allowed on the IP plan as a meal? I apologize if this has already been addressed somewhere else. I haven't been on the chats lately due to having no computer access.
Thank you!
Definitely not. They are far too high in calories and fat to be used like a packet and WAAAAY too low in protein to be used as a dinner.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:15 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

I posted this in the Weekend Chat, but I think it's worth mentioning here too...

99% of Walden Farms products are 0/0/0 however they do make 3 flavors that are only sugar free, but still contain fat and calories.

The following links are ones that are NOT acceptable on IP:

http://www.amazon.com/Walden-Farms-T...sland+dressing

http://www.amazon.com/Walden-Farms-B...farms+balsamic

http://www.amazon.com/Walden-Farms-S...en+farms+bacon

Every other dressing, syrup, spread, etc. should be compatible with IP!
Closed Thread