Old 02-25-2013, 07:33 PM   #31  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
They make a combo box. That's what I bought. I think they're all good!
After reading the first couple posts here, I ordered the combo box. Anything that is restricted or no-go for me, I'll give to my hubby or daughter. They look really good, and would make being away from home so much easier!
leannekarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:41 PM   #32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannekarella View Post
After reading the first couple posts here, I ordered the combo box. Anything that is restricted or no-go for me, I'll give to my hubby or daughter. They look really good, and would make being away from home so much easier!
The banana nut is 9 net carbs. All others in the 100% natural box are 7-8 net. I think they're all 5 g fat. I looked at all labels this afternoon.
A little too sweet for me...I'm just not big on sweets. I'd love it if there were more savory unrestricted snacks!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:43 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
The banana nut is 9 net carbs. All others in the 100% natural box are 7-8 net. I think they're all 5 g fat. I looked at all labels this afternoon.
A little too sweet for me...I'm just not big on sweets. I'd love it if there were more savory unrestricted snacks!
I'll cross my fingers that the new non-restricted IP garlic & herb potato chips (coming out in May) don't contain soy or gluten for you!
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:32 PM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
I'll cross my fingers that the new non-restricted IP garlic & herb potato chips (coming out in May) don't contain soy or gluten for you!
I'm planning for them having one or the other so I don't get disappointed. I already hadmy hissy fit about what i gave up. Thank goodness for potato/zucchini muffins!
Old 02-26-2013, 01:14 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 250/181/169

Height: 5'5

Randomly I just stumbled across these bars tonight. So to confirm they can replace a IP bar but are considered restricted, correct? Any input on the coconut cashew?
Ilovesugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:19 AM   #36  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovesugar View Post
Randomly I just stumbled across these bars tonight. So to confirm they can replace a IP bar but are considered restricted, correct? Any input on the coconut cashew?
No, they are actually unrestricted (under 8g net carbs). The bars are made with a particular plant based fiber that is not digestible so it offsets the carbs.

The ones that aren't really good for IP are too high in fat (fat calories more than 30% of total calories). Unfortunately the Coconut Cashew is one of those. It has 170 calories, 60 calories from fat.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:37 AM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
No, they are actually unrestricted (under 8g net carbs). The bars are made with a particular plant based fiber that is not digestible so it offsets the carbs.

The ones that aren't really good for IP are too high in fat (fat calories more than 30% of total calories). Unfortunately the Coconut Cashew is one of those. It has 170 calories, 60 calories from fat.
Besides fat, you'll need to read labels and do the math. One I have is 9 net carbs (total minus fiber). Some are 8, some are 7. The 100% natural line has better numbers than the 90-something percent line. One is FOUR with higher fat.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:04 AM   #38  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Besides fat, you'll need to read labels and do the math. One I have is 9 net carbs (total minus fiber). Some are 8, some are 7. The 100% natural line has better numbers than the 90-something percent line. One is FOUR with higher fat.
That's what I get for posting after working till late at night

What I meant to post is that the higher fat items should be RESTRICTED. Not good as UNRESTRICTED for IP. Time to brew the coffee
Old 02-26-2013, 01:43 PM   #39  

Ok- so does that mean the coconut cashew would be ok but would fall under restricted? It's only 1 gram fat off from the apple pie and 1 gram carb off from cinnamon roll. Sorry- I'm new to alternatives.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:46 PM   #40  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Ok- so does that mean the coconut cashew would be ok but would fall under restricted? It's only 1 gram fat off from the apple pie and 1 gram carb off from cinnamon roll. Sorry- I'm new to alternatives.
Yes.

Unrestricted items have 8g or less NET carbs

BUT - if they are higher in fat (if the calories from fat is more than 30% of the total calories), treat them as a restricted. IP does the same thing with their soy nuts.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:47 PM   #41  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

I received my shipment from netrition today. I had ordered 3 flavors of the quest bars, apple pie, chocolate brownie & vanilla almond crunch.

I split them into thirds so I could try each one, but still only have 1 bar total. They are very chewy, almost like bit o honey candy if you've ever had that. I like the chewiness of the bar and the fact that it took me much longer to eat one.

The apple pie tasted like the little bits of apple in Quaker Apple Cinnamon oatmeal. It was not bad, but I don't know if I would order it again.

Chocolate brownie tasted just like a brownie when I first started chewing it, then the flavor fades. It's still good, and I would buy them again.

The vanilla almond crunch was soooo good. Reminded me of butter pecan ice cream. I'm definitely getting these again, but not before I try the variety pack of the 100% natural ones.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:50 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
I received my shipment from netrition today. I had ordered 3 flavors of the quest bars, apple pie, chocolate brownie & vanilla almond crunch.

I split them into thirds so I could try each one, but still only have 1 bar total. They are very chewy, almost like bit o honey candy if you've ever had that. I like the chewiness of the bar and the fact that it took me much longer to eat one.

The apple pie tasted like the little bits of apple in Quaker Apple Cinnamon oatmeal. It was not bad, but I don't know if I would order it again.

Chocolate brownie tasted just like a brownie when I first started chewing it, then the flavor fades. It's still good, and I would buy them again.

The vanilla almond crunch was soooo good. Reminded me of butter pecan ice cream. I'm definitely getting these again, but not before I try the variety pack of the 100% natural ones.
Mine are super soft...bit-o-honey was always stick-to-your teeth for me.
I order mine straight from Quest so they're always super fresh
Old 02-27-2013, 07:10 PM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post

Funny you mention bit o honey- that's exactly how I described them today to a friend. I bought a whole bunch today at my local GNC store, they're buy 3 get one free. Love them and so glad to be enjoying something different.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:36 PM   #44  
Started IP 1/21/13

S/C/G: 213/213/213

I bought some of the 100% natural bars and they tasted great! Mine were super chewy as well, the person who sold them to me at the local nutrition store told me to put them in the microwave for a 10 secs. and that helps a lot!
Blessed900711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:38 PM   #45  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Mine are super soft...bit-o-honey was always stick-to-your teeth for me.
I order mine straight from Quest so they're always super fresh
Maybe it's because I ordered individual bars from netrition. Who knows how long those have been in their warehouse. I'm planning on picking up the 100% natural one's at GNC tomorrow, but after that I'll order from Quest.

Quote:
Funny you mention bit o honey- that's exactly how I described them today to a friend. I bought a whole bunch today at my local GNC store, they're buy 3 get one free. Love them and so glad to be enjoying something different.

It was the fist thought that came to mind when I tried the vanilla almond bar.

Did you buy individual bars or the boxes at GNC?
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote