3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Quest Bar as an alternative (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/276378-quest-bar-alternative.html)

gardenhoe 06-25-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A1Texan (Post 4779185)
I don't know how I have gone this long and haven't tried these Quest Bars. I am so dumb..LOL They are like a touch heaven in a wrapper
:joker:

You 'betcha - I picked up a variety yesterday and can't wait for my 3 o'clock snack today!

tallgirl231 06-25-2013 12:01 PM

Last night I cut the Banana Nut Muffin into 6 pieces and baked for 8 minutes at 350. YUM. Felt like I was eating warm banana bread. You have to keep an eye on them cause they can burn quickly.

A1Texan 06-25-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tallgirl231 (Post 4779291)
Last night I cut the Banana Nut Muffin into 6 pieces and baked for 8 minutes at 350. YUM. Felt like I was eating warm banana bread. You have to keep an eye on them cause they can burn quickly.

I hope you mean 8 seconds...LOL

M35A2 06-25-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A1Texan (Post 4779294)
I hope you mean 8 seconds...LOL

No she's talking about baking them for 8-10 minutes in the oven at 350 deg. Turns them into "cookies" and the banana-nut does taste like banana bread.

Now if you're microwaving them 8 seconds is probably enough.

NinjaNurse 06-25-2013 01:51 PM

It's so hot now (but I will never complain) the brownie bars on my counter are so soft and fudgy.
I am not a fan of banana bread but I LOVE the bar.
MH keeps eatting all the Strawberry Cheesecake bars, but I have to limit myself to 2-3 maybe a week anyway.

randygrl 06-25-2013 02:22 PM

I have a quest bar every day in the afternoon, but I will have to try the cookie idea. :)

A1Texan 06-25-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M35A2 (Post 4779301)
No she's talking about baking them for 8-10 minutes in the oven at 350 deg. Turns them into "cookies" and the banana-nut does taste like banana bread.

Now if you're microwaving them 8 seconds is probably enough.

Ahh. I was thinking microwave. My bad :)

tallgirl231 06-25-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A1Texan (Post 4779504)
Ahh. I was thinking microwave. My bad :)

Yup, baking in the oven... :) Can't wait to get my brownie bars and try to bake them. So missing cookies.

IdealProteinNewbie 06-25-2013 08:33 PM

Just made the "cookies."

Amazing!

scarlettx 07-03-2013 03:11 PM

The Quest bars are super yummy! My vitamin store had a special if you bought 12, so they ended up $2.08 each. I bought one of each, they had all but the Lemon. So far I tried the Peanut Butter and Jelly and the Vanilla Almond Crunch. I love pb&J usually, but the vanilla almond crunch edged that one out. Today I will try one of the lower calorie ones, not sure what yet. Excited to try that cookie idea!

M35A2 07-03-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scarlettx (Post 4785414)
So far I tried the Peanut Butter and Jelly and the Vanilla Almond Crunch. I love pb&J usually, but the vanilla almond crunch edged that one out.

Be careful if you're on P1 or P2 as the PBJ and Vanilla Almond Crunch both have too many calories from fat to fit. Your best bet is to stay with the All Natural Line. All but the Coconut fit P1/P2.

ssmith 07-04-2013 10:01 AM

Quest bar Head Ache ?

Hi to everyone,:hat: Yep I am new, I have been lurking on this board for awhile but think I have figured out how to post hahahahaha I am doing IP and on week 4.

I was so excited after reading this thread that I went out and bought Quest bars.

I ate the chocolate brownie as my restricted item for the day....then I got a head ache. Has anyone else had this happen? I am very sensitive to artificial sweeteners but I can do Stevia....

I did go for a longish walk last night so maybe that was the cause.

Also I think I was up a lb this am (just checking to see if any changes affect my progress when I do something new) now this may not have been due to the Quest bar....I only used it as a restricted item.

BTW my coach, when she started me on teh Caramel nut protein bars said this was in addition to my 3 packets a day and not to replace it with a packet....she was very clear about this. I seems others have said something different on this board but then I am using it as my restricted item.

I was looking forward to making those Questbar cookies so we will see.

Thanks

lisa32989 07-04-2013 11:04 AM

The chocolate brownie bar is not in the Natural Line, therefore it has splenda. Since you say you are very sensitive to sweeteners, did you read the label?
If you go to the website for quest bars, you can see which ones are in the natural line & have no splenda (stevia sweetened)

Unless you weigh over 200 lbs, IP has people on 3 packs/day, 2 unrestricted and 1 restricted. Even those weighing over 200 just add more unrestricted packs and still only have one restricted (such as the caramel nut bar).

The P1 sheet is pretty clear...

ssmith 07-04-2013 05:05 PM

ok Thanks Lisa will keep that in mind.

Divadani13 07-05-2013 05:58 PM

Cookie nirvana achieved!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atlin (Post 4778646)
Give it one more try - every oven is a little different. With the Banana Muffin you I could watch the colour changing and the center was still gooey. I'm trying the chocolate today, sorry that the first try was a bit crunchy.

OK, I went all out this time and chopped up one of my delicious cookie dough Quest Bars. Turns out that 5 minutes at 350 is perfect for my oven. Crunchy on the bottoms, they spread a little and oozed just like cookies and even though the taste wasn't completely authentic, baked Quest Bar was pretty darned fantastic. Thanks for making me do it again...and again...and again!:carrot: