Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 02:54 PM   #31  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crred96 View Post
Hi all...had my first WI yesterday...8.2 lbs and 3 inches! �� On to week 2!!!
That is so awesome - Way to Go! Doesn't that make week one discomforts totally worth it? Here's to more great WI's, Congrats! Jen
Old 02-23-2013, 03:32 PM   #32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenRem View Post
That is so awesome - Way to Go! Doesn't that make week one discomforts totally worth it? Here's to more great WI's, Congrats! Jen
Thanks! Yes it does! My coach was really happy for me.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:35 PM   #33  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

Crispy cereal pancakes are my new obsession right now! YUM!! Thanks for whoever came up with that recipe!

Also tried cauliflower rice yesterday for the first time. Something I will be making many more times. Delicious! We had a craft/dinner night, and the menu was Cafe Rio burritos/salads. I brought my own "rice", and grilled chicken, and didn't feel totally left out as they were enjoying the sweet pork, and real rice. Definitely a win!
Old 02-23-2013, 03:41 PM   #34  
Started IP: Nov. 2, 2012

S/C/G: 326/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8''

Congratulations on all the losses. I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 02-23-2013, 03:41 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenRem View Post
To the newbies..............

If you want to reply to someone's post and you want their quote to show up in the light colored blue box along with your response, here is how you do it!

Hope this makes sense and is helpful! Jen
This was very helpful. I needed that a month ago. Just figured out how to multi quote last week..haha. Thanks for posting.

Quote:
That's a great first weigh in. Great job!
Old 02-23-2013, 03:41 PM   #36  
Working to be an after!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTime50 View Post
Hi JenRem, I bought Chlorofresh by Nature's Way in liquid and liqui-gel forms. I bought it online from Vitacost (they have lots of sales) but you can buy it at Walgreens or any regular pharmacy. The liquid costs about $7 for 16 oz and the pills cost about $9 (for 90).

For the liquid, I use 1 tsp in an 8oz glass of water each morning. It has a hint of mint and tastes like sweet green tea. If I'm on the road, I take one liqui-gel in the morning.

It is marketed as an "internal deodorant" and seems to work fine for me. I've been taking it for a little over week and I noticed the positive effects within two days. My friends and family were more surprised than I was.
Thanks for sharing! I've never even heard of this before. I'm definitely going to check into it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lose2Win View Post
Well...this week certainly was unexpected. I went to weigh in on Thursday, down 0.75 pounds, my lowest so far, but no concern to me at all. That makes 64 pounds gone total and I'm so proud of that, and especially the fact that I have not had one cheat since day one back on October 4th. But, the hair loss thing has become insane, really. The hair loss has been increasing over the past three weeks or so, but it's to a point now where you can see my scalp in places (not too awful though, as I have a ton of hair to begin with) so my coach told me I have to phase off, at least for awhile. So, I'm on phase two. She ordered a lot of labs, which I did yesterday, and told me to take Silica in addition to the Biotin I'm taking already. I wasn't mentally prepared for this, bc I'm not done!!!!! I still feel like 36 pounds to go is a huge amount and I won't stop until I get there. I guess I just have to be more patient, and know that it's now going to take longer than I had hoped for. I wonder how long I'll have to phase off before I can start back up?? I am looking forward to being able to exercise more, and I am very confident that I will make the right eating choices as I have done, but I just wanted to get this done and work on maintenance. Proud of myself for listening to my body though, and I know that I will see 150 soon...hopefully by summer. Anyone else had to go through this? Thoughts for continuing to lose another way, even if more slowly? Sorry for the long post. Wishing everyone a great weekend
This is one of my biggest fears with this diet. I'm so sorry you're going through this. I hope phasing off for a little bit will fix the problem, and then you can get right back too it. Good luck!!! Let us know how it goes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ojenchilada View Post
Cleaning the kitchen, I just came across a tin of dark chocolate covered cranberries. I smelled them.

Smelled them again.

thought about 3FC.

dropped them out of the tin and into the garbage. Win! Thanks for being here y'all.
Good for you!!
Quote:
Congrats!
Old 02-23-2013, 03:46 PM   #37  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynette826 View Post
Crispy cereal pancakes are my new obsession right now! YUM!! Thanks for whoever came up with that recipe!
I love them too and recently have added a pudding pack to a whack of the IP packs to make "flavoured" pancakes. The blueberry pudding was delish. I had butterscotch pancakes today. Thinking of trying lemon or strawberry next.

Word of warning. I tried putting in the potato puree, not realizing that it had the herb and garlic flavouring. The butterscotch pudding was already in the bowl when I dumped the other on top. Butterscotch /garlic/herb pancakes are not my favourite but with syrup was an edible "oops". TG for WF syrup as I have another few days of eating that flavour ahead of me. "Batch" cooking is great when it works, not so great when you make an "oops"

Last edited by IP43; 02-23-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:49 PM   #38  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbarot View Post
Thank you so much ragdoll....you've been a huge help. Thank you for your support
You're welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaNurse View Post
NSV:My daughter loves to go out to eat, esp breakfast so we went to a diner down the road. I easily and happily ordered an egg white omelet with mushrooms and spinach and as little fat as possible. I got a coffee but they didn't have skim milk so I put a smidge of milk in it. Of course I was freaking out about that, but the good news is I wasn't concerned with what anyone else thought with what I ordered and ate. (This diner had no healthier section, I was surprised!) I couldn't even finish my meal. Not that it was HUGE. I was just FULL.
Way to stay totally OP!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lose2Win View Post
But, the hair loss thing has become insane, really. The hair loss has been increasing over the past three weeks or so, but it's to a point now where you can see my scalp in places (not too awful though, as I have a ton of hair to begin with) so my coach told me I have to phase off, at least for awhile. So, I'm on phase two. She ordered a lot of labs, which I did yesterday, and told me to take Silica in addition to the Biotin I'm taking already. I wasn't mentally prepared for this, bc I'm not done!!!!! I still feel like 36 pounds to go is a huge amount and I won't stop until I get there. I guess I just have to be more patient, and know that it's now going to take longer than I had hoped for. I wonder how long I'll have to phase off before I can start back up?? I am looking forward to being able to exercise more, and I am very confident that I will make the right eating choices as I have done, but I just wanted to get this done and work on maintenance. Proud of myself for listening to my body though, and I know that I will see 150 soon...hopefully by summer. Anyone else had to go through this? Thoughts for continuing to lose another way, even if more slowly? Sorry for the long post. Wishing everyone a great weekend
So sorry you are going through this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ojenchilada View Post
Cleaning the kitchen, I just came across a tin of dark chocolate covered cranberries. I smelled them.

Smelled them again.

thought about 3FC.

dropped them out of the tin and into the garbage. Win! Thanks for being here y'all.
Major NSV!!!!!
Quote:
Wow! Congrats on that fantastic first weight in.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:49 PM   #39  
Working to be an after!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Word of warning. I tried putting in the potato puree, not realizing that it had the herb and garlic flavouring. The butterscotch pudding was already in the bowl when I dumped the other on top. Butterscotch /garlic/herb pancakes are not my favourite but with syrup was an edible "oops". TG for WF syrup as I have another few days of eating that flavour ahead of me. "Batch" cooking is great when it works, not so great when you make an "oops"
Butterscotch or blueberry pancakes sound delish! Butterscotch/garlic/herb... not so much. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for sharing.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:31 PM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
I love them too and recently have added a pudding pack to a whack of the IP packs to make "flavoured" pancakes. The blueberry pudding was delish. I had butterscotch pancakes today. Thinking of trying lemon or strawberry next.

Yuck! I'm glad you found a way to save it. I'm mourning the BB pudding for my muffins. Berry yogurt not the same
Try lemon-poppyseed. Pretty good in zucchini muffin form!
Today was lemon-poppyseed and (separate) banana. I'll be sure to keep my savory packets far from the sweet ones.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:57 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 222/191/160Started IP 1-23-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post

Hey All, any suggestions for a breath mint or something that might help with fresh breath between brushing? I usually work from home, so not a big deal, but will be working face to face with some of my peers soon. They might appreciate your insight :-) as will I, if they don't suggest we go back to conference calls instead.
Thanks for asking about this. I looked into the Chorophyl suggestion...It's available on Amazon.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:59 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 222/191/160Started IP 1-23-13

Default 1 month & 17 pounds

Today is my one month anniversary of starting IP. I've lost 17 pounds and couldn't be happier!

Finding this forum has been a blessing.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:10 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 250/241/135

Height: 5'6

Question... I was just on the Dr. Tien website and I read in protocol 1 that 1-2 tablespoons is acceptable for each of the noon and evening meals. This is different than what I read on the ideal protein sheet that said two teaspoons a day was the maximum. What is everyone else doing?
Old 02-23-2013, 06:21 PM   #44  
Started IP: Nov. 2, 2012

S/C/G: 326/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8''

I just had to share my NSV because I'm so excited.... Got into my 14W jeans today!!! (YAY)

Last edited by Tziri; 02-23-2013 at 06:21 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:27 PM   #45  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50harvest View Post
Today is my one month anniversary of starting IP. I've lost 17 pounds and couldn't be happier!

Finding this forum has been a blessing.
Great job1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramommynine View Post
Question... I was just on the Dr. Tien website and I read in protocol 1 that 1-2 tablespoons is acceptable for each of the noon and evening meals. This is different than what I read on the ideal protein sheet that said two teaspoons a day was the maximum. What is everyone else doing?
I don't worry too much if I go over the 2 tsp from the phase I sheet, but I don't do it too often because I'm closer to goal. I just worry about consistently adding all those extra calories. 2 tsp of olive oil is about 80 calories and 2 tbsp. is 238 calories.

Some people find the oil actually helps with weight loss.
Closed Thread