3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Maple breakfast sausage. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/276289-maple-breakfast-sausage.html)

Ilovesugar 02-23-2013 01:02 AM

Maple breakfast sausage.

So I just have to share... Tonight I made maple breakfast sausage patties with extra lean ground turkey breast and wf maple syrup. I also added garlic powder and s&p. They were delicious! :D

disgal 02-23-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ilovesugar (Post 4643232)
So I just have to share... Tonight I made maple breakfast sausage patties with extra lean ground turkey breast and wf maple syrup. I also added garlic powder and s&p. They were delicious! :D

Sounds DELISH!!!!

scorbett1103 02-23-2013 09:45 AM

Nice! What a tasty way to break up your protein for the day!

Ilovesugar 02-23-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorbett1103 (Post 4643433)
Nice! What a tasty way to break up your protein for the day!

I actually had it for dinner with scrambled eggs. :)

scorbett1103 02-23-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ilovesugar (Post 4643440)
I actually had it for dinner with scrambled eggs. :)

Yum! I love Brinner! :)

ktgal 02-23-2013 10:11 AM

I will have to try this! Breakfast for dinner is my favorite and I can only have it when my hubby is away (hes allergic to eggs).

Halfagain 02-23-2013 10:45 AM

That sounds great! I'm so going to try that out. Thanks! DH makes sausage about 3X a week, and the smell is soooo good. It will be nice to have something along those lines, even it not the real deal. Our 15 y/o old dog with congestive heart failure, arthritis, deaf, and etc won't take her many pills in dog style pill pockets or PB, cheese, etc. Even chicken and hamburger she turns her nose up. But sausage (and for some reason Italian dishes - miniature schnauzers must have hunted wild pizza in the olden days) she does okay still. She's not been fed sausage all her life, but at the end of her days - if it will get the pills down her, well she can have it for that purpose.

lisa32989 02-23-2013 10:59 AM

I've made my own sausage patties since I was on Atkins (so much better without carb fillers & you can REALLY control what is in it). Since I've been on IP, I just adjust with less-fatty meats. I even made chorizo-flavored and andouille-flavored (my two favorites!). Thank goodness for Google and recipes! I just "steal" the seasoning ideas. Never thought about the WF maple for breakfast sausage. GREAT IDEA!

Ilovesugar 02-23-2013 11:01 AM

Please do- you won't be disappointed. My husband and I both ate them and he loved them. And FYI: I used 2 tbsp wf maple to 1.24lb extra lean ground turkey breast. I cooked in nonstick skillet on medium/high heat, flipping until browned.

IdealProteinNewbie 02-23-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4643510)
I've made my own sausage patties since I was on Atkins (so much better without carb fillers & you can REALLY control what is in it). Since I've been on IP, I just adjust with less-fatty meats. I even made chorizo-flavored and andouille-flavored (my two favorites!). Thank goodness for Google and recipes! I just "steal" the seasoning ideas. Never thought about the WF maple for breakfast sausage. GREAT IDEA!

Mmmm, can I come over for dinner? :D

Debrasb 02-23-2013 11:04 AM

Sounds so good. I've done this as well with a bit of sage and some very finely chopped green onion (the white part). Thanks for letting me know what I'm making for dinner tonite!!

IdealProteinNewbie 02-23-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ilovesugar (Post 4643514)
Please do- you won't be disappointed. My husband and I both ate them and he loved them. And FYI: I used 2 tbsp wf maple to 1.24lb extra lean ground turkey breast. I cooked in nonstick skillet on medium/high heat, flipping until browned.

Yummy, I've never had ground turkey before.

I'm thinking dinner tomorrow will be 4 oz of breakfast turkey sausage patties and 2 scrambled eggs with 2 cups of veggies mixed in!

loopers 02-23-2013 01:02 PM

Oh that sounds amaaaaaaaaazing... I can almost never find ground turkey around here, but I will have to try this next time I do!

marnie 02-24-2013 03:40 PM

what about using lean ground pork? we dont have exrta lean anythign where i live. will that be ok? the WF maple syrup had alot of sugar and carbs how can we use that???

IdealProteinNewbie 02-24-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marnie (Post 4644704)
what about using lean ground pork? we dont have exrta lean anythign where i live. will that be ok? the WF maple syrup had alot of sugar and carbs how can we use that???

Lean pork should be fine. The Walden Farms pancake syrup is 0/0/0.