Old 02-24-2013, 03:58 PM   #1  
Start: Dec. 18, 2017

S/C/G: 211/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Sick with a Cold

Has anyone found it hard to get over a cold while in phase 1? I thought I was getting over my cold, but today it's like I'm back in an early phase of getting the cold - feeling cold, having chills, nose running, tired...

Or, should I ask instead, those of you with hypothyroid, if you had the symptom of "feeling cold", did it feel like the chills you may get sometimes from a cold/flu?
learning to fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:03 PM   #2  
Kara - Restart 8/23/2013

S/C/G: 277.4/214/160

Height: 5' 3"

No, mine lasted about as long as it did before, but I did feel more tired on it. But for 2 days I couldn't eat the IP food only chicken broth.... so I think that didn't help.

Good luck, and feel better soon!
Calisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:15 PM   #3  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by learning to fly View Post
Has anyone found it hard to get over a cold while in phase 1? I thought I was getting over my cold, but today it's like I'm back in an early phase of getting the cold - feeling cold, having chills, nose running, tired...

Or, should I ask instead, those of you with hypothyroid, if you had the symptom of "feeling cold", did it feel like the chills you may get sometimes from a cold/flu?
My hypothyroid chills are like someone stuck a popsicle in the middle of my chest - the cold starts there and just radiates out, and I have to pile on blankets to get warm. It passes after a while, but it's usually just the cold feeling, not an illness feeling on top of it.

I work in a hospital and I can tell you the viruses going around this year are rough - LOTS of people are having a tough time shaking the colds/flu/bugs once they take hold. I don't think it's an IP specific thing, just the strains of bugs we're dealing with this year.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:32 PM   #4  
Start: Dec. 18, 2017

S/C/G: 211/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
My hypothyroid chills are like someone stuck a popsicle in the middle of my chest - the cold starts there and just radiates out, and I have to pile on blankets to get warm. It passes after a while, but it's usually just the cold feeling, not an illness feeling on top of it.

I work in a hospital and I can tell you the viruses going around this year are rough - LOTS of people are having a tough time shaking the colds/flu/bugs once they take hold. I don't think it's an IP specific thing, just the strains of bugs we're dealing with this year.
Thanks for reassuring me You are always so kind!

Interesting description of your chills...my chills seem to focus on my legs mostly and little on arms...they are strange and hard to explain (kind of feel hot and cold at the same time and a "crawly" sort of feeling...), but they are not different than what I have experienced before sometimes when I get cold or flu. It's just that I have them again after I had actually felt almost 100% over the cold yesterday, made me wonder if it's thyroid.

Hopefully next year the strains will be easier on us...
learning to fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 256.8/255.2/155

Height: 5'6''

I'm with you on the cold thing. Started feeling awful Wednesday, felt a little better yesterday but today i'm basically where i started. I'm hoping it's just a nasty cold, but i can't seem to shake it. I'm physically exhausted after barely doing anything, have zero appetite (can't taste anything even if i did), and can't breathe. Seriously hoping some miracle happens overnight and i wake up feeling better...
BrittStar027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:57 PM   #6  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittStar027 View Post
I'm with you on the cold thing. Started feeling awful Wednesday, felt a little better yesterday but today i'm basically where i started. I'm hoping it's just a nasty cold, but i can't seem to shake it. I'm physically exhausted after barely doing anything, have zero appetite (can't taste anything even if i did), and can't breathe. Seriously hoping some miracle happens overnight and i wake up feeling better...

Ditto! Feeling stuffy today myself....ugh I dislike colds! I hope we All Wake up feeling better tomorrow!!
disgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:05 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 256.8/255.2/155

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post
Ditto! Feeling stuffy today myself....ugh I dislike colds! I hope we All Wake up feeling better tomorrow!!
Here's to hoping!!!
BrittStar027 is offline   Reply With Quote