Success with switching lunch/dinner?

• Is it OK to switch lunch/dinner? For example, if going out for lunch with a workgroup - have your dinner serving of protein, vegies, salad - and then have your lunch at dinner time. If you do this, is your weight/inch loss still good that week? Are you able to stay on plan in the evening?
  • I do this all the time. On the days I work, I always switch the two. I don't get dinner until 9pm on the days I work, and that's way too late for 8oz of meat. I was told it doesn't matter what order you eat all the food on the protocol. Just important that you do get all the food in. I don't think it's hurt my losses.
  • I do ths on occasion to balance work commitments too. Even sometimes having protein for a breakfast meeting. I don't feel that it makes later in the day any more challenging as it seems once I'm full with my food requirement for a day I don't get hungry. Note: this is where I may need to work on head hunger vs real hunger separation though.

I also find that lunch meals out for work mean less than 8oz protein so I plan to supplement with a hard boiled egg in the afternoon or with dinner if necessary.

There is no difference in weight loss with switching around the meals, unless it is WI that night.
  • My wife and I actually split ours daily with 4oz at each meal. It makes lunch feel like more of a meal and doesn't put so much meat at the end of the day. She typically doesn't get home until 7 or 7:30 so we always wind up eating late.
  • I break up my 8oz of protein into both lunch and dinner most days...usually 2oz with lunch and the rest at dinner.
  • Absolutely. WHEN You eat everything matters a whole lot less than actually eating everything on the sheet Do what works for your schedule!
  • Thanks for the feedback. Three successful weeks behind me and learning, learning, learning!
  • I'm confused. I'm reading the amount of protein that is being eaten for dinner and it looks like 8 oz is standard protocol. I thought it was 5 oz if meat, and 7 oz if fish. Is it 8 oz???? if so, I"ve been cutting myself very short. Maybe that's why I stalled for a couple weeks and went out of ketosis.
    is it 8 oz? and Kit Kat, you've only 4 more pounds to go !! You're awesome!!!
  • I sometimes have my dinner for lunch, my only question is, should I take my supplements during lunch, since its dinner? I actually like the 2oz and 4oz at lunch, I might try that. I'm learning so much!!!
  • Quote: I'm confused. I'm reading the amount of protein that is being eaten for dinner and it looks like 8 oz is standard protocol. I thought it was 5 oz if meat, and 7 oz if fish. Is it 8 oz???? if so, I"ve been cutting myself very short. Maybe that's why I stalled for a couple weeks and went out of ketosis.
    is it 8 oz? and Kit Kat, you've only 4 more pounds to go !! You're awesome!!!
    Yes, updated protocol is 8oz of chicken, fish, lean ground beef, pork, etc.

Always measure raw!