Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 05:46 PM   #61  
Started IP: Nov. 2, 2012

S/C/G: 326/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8''

Well I just went to my WI and my coach said they haven't heard anything about Spinach being unlimited. She said they were told that if you are just throwing a little bit in a mixed salad then you do not have to count it. They hadn't received any updated sheet or anything either. So, I'm going to keep counting my 1 1/2c spinach in my latte towards veggies.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:48 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 174/174/125

Height: 5' 2"

My coach is really no help. I learn more from you lovely ladies (and men) here. Thanks!!!
Old 02-22-2013, 05:52 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

TZIRI - Thanks for checking. I guess it's a good thing I didn't add spinach just because I could to my afternoon choclate drink. Will have to wait and see what others say after asking their coaches. I won't see mine until next Thursday. I was kind of hoping it would be a freebie.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:53 PM   #64  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaNurse View Post
Have you ever been before??? If you have any ???? let me know!! You can PM me. Ask Chloe222, I am a closeted travel agent.
This is our 2nd trip (9/2010 first trip). We're taking my brother and his family with us this time so get to play tour director for them.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:19 PM   #65  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Busy day here today so this is the first time I'm checking in. Had my IP Cappuccino and headed off into town for some shopping with the family. Had a nice lunch of romaine w/grilled mahi (brought my own dressing) while everyone else munched on sandwiches and fries. My lunch suited me just fine. Had my normal snack bar when we got back, and then just visited with friends and worked on putting my photos together for a brief slide show. Now we're off to dinner (I'm thinking of a burger sans roll, with a side salad. All in all, not a bad day, IP wise (or otherwise!).

Back to the land of the cold soon!! Brrrrrrr!!!
Old 02-22-2013, 08:14 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 219/Start IP at 206/172/135

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

arthritis question:

Has anyone's arthritis flared up since on IP. I am finding my joints (especially my hands and shoulders) are really aching even with my anti-inflammatory pills? suggestions?
Old 02-22-2013, 08:16 PM   #67  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginettepv View Post
arthritis question:

Has anyone's arthritis flared up since on IP. I am finding my joints (especially my hands and shoulders) are really aching even with my anti-inflammatory pills? suggestions?
That's strange because IP is usually pretty anti-inflammatory. Have you ever experienced issues with soy or whey/milk products? Maybe an allergy to a particular sweetener?
Old 02-22-2013, 08:40 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 219/Start IP at 206/172/135

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
That's strange because IP is usually pretty anti-inflammatory. Have you ever experienced issues with soy or whey/milk products? Maybe an allergy to a particular sweetener?

no not usually, but my hands have been soo achy this week, just wondering since it's my fourth week?
Old 02-22-2013, 10:53 PM   #69  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

My mom is a walking barometer -- can predict the weather by her aches and pains -- and she's noticing lots these days but it's been a really "odd" winter here for weather, so perhaps you're experiencing a similar thing and are affected by temperature or air pressure changes?? She's not on IP but feelin' the weather these days, so hers wouldn't be diet related.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:55 PM   #70  

I hear us lucky folks in Saskatchewan are getting a warm BC something or an other. What do they call that, a warm front? Geez. LOL! Anyways, temps next week in single digits. Minus but single!!! Ill take it!
Old 02-22-2013, 11:30 PM   #71  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easystreet3 View Post
Can someone please tell me....is rhubarb allowed in Phase 1? I asked my coach and she said no, but then I saw it on the unrestricted veggie list?
Well - at least one of y'all can read the sheet! Rhubarb is such a treat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizJazz View Post
Advice please: this is my eating schedule. Do you think I am going too long between supper and breakfast?
7am-packet
11am-veg and packet
2pm-bar
5pm-meat and veg
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizJazz View Post
I jut wanted to make sure my body wasn't going into starvation mode overnight. I have been reading the old threads because I may switch to alternatives for a while-they said on there that you should be having my snack later on in the night.
This was my exact eating schedule throughout Phase 1 shifted by 1 hour (8am/12pm/4pm/7pm), the "starvation mode" theory is a mixture of the old dieting theories from programs different than IP.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:57 PM   #72  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Tonight I plan on hitting the gym with DH once more and then enjoying a relaxing weekend. I'm a wee bit stressed as I have to go for my very first mammogram this afternoon (my doctor found clusters of small cyst like lumps in both breasts at my physical yesterday - gulp) but I'm just going to tell myself that it's nothing and better to be safe than sorry. So I'll take any spare good vibes anyone might have lying around!!
Hope all goes well. I try to live by "don't worry until there is something to worry about". Please, let us know when you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginettepv View Post
Made it to onderland this week so very proud of myself.
CONGRATS on ONDERLAND WTG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbarot View Post
Last year was a horrible year for me...surgery, losing my younger sister unexpectedly. Had a very hard time coping and found solace in eating. But I can't blame my weight totally on that. Need to make changes in my life...today will be the start <3
So sorry for your loss.
Also, don't stress about your beginning number. It is what it is! The important thing is you have a plan. This should now be your focus. And in a week you will have your first WI and the excitement that comes with seeing the scale move in the downward direction!

Quote:
Originally Posted by De11s View Post
Big Girls night party on Sun for the Emmy,s red carpet paparazzi and all, I will be drinking sparkling water with lemon and very careful about food praying there are some good options, ok just checked out the menu..not looking good I will be eating before I go and taking a handy IP packet for later. Still will have a wonderful 100% OP evening.
Yes, enjoy the party and spend it having fun and visiting with friends - not eating unhealthy food. You will do great and will be surprised at the end of the night, when you really enjoyed yourself and didn't have food be the reason. Make sure to take some fresh veggies that you can have and snack on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
Back to the land of the cold soon!! Brrrrrrr!!!
It's always a bummer when a really good vacation is ending. Back to reality Thanks for sharing your dive stories and letting us live a little vicariously through you these past two weeks!

I hope to be going back to Grand Cayman April 2014 for 2 weeks! Jen
Closed Thread