Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 08:47 PM   #76  
Started IP 2/22/13

S/C/G: 189.2/156.6/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2loseW8 View Post
Welcome!!! You will do awesome. I too was skeptical. Many of us that have tried 'everything' were. Your first week will be the hardest, but in terms of weightloss the best! Then you are hooked (with good reason!). Come here often for great support! It really is such a great place, and this diet is so awesome. When you get time search Wuv on here- Or the maintainers thread is so inspiring!!!! Its full of so many success stories- a lot in just their signatures! it's amazing!
~My
Thank you My....I will
Old 02-21-2013, 08:58 PM   #77  
Started IP 1/12/13

S/C/G: 267/ticker/167

Height: 5'5

Im glad to hear about the spinach. I throw it in everything!
Old 02-21-2013, 09:07 PM   #78  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbarot View Post
Scorbett...are the vitamins ok from the plain protein site on phase 1
Yes - they are actual Ideal Protein products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desafinado View Post
I usually don't do this but I have been hungry mid-day so I added two boiled eggs to my salad. How much do I cut my protein back at dinner to balance it out? Or do I?
One egg is about equivalent to 2oz meat protein. So two eggs would be 4oz.

That said, if you're still super hungry at dinnertime, you can get away with having 6oz of meat instead of 4. Better to deal with the hunger by eating protein than anything else!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberjules View Post
This is a follow-up to yesterday's daily chat post about whether spinach is unlimited, like lettuce.

I asked my coach about it last night and interestingly, they had just updated their Phase 1 sheet, because the news is that RAW spinach is unlimited, but cooked spinach is not. Cooked would count as towards your 4 cups of vegetables a day.

I was so happy because I've been eating raw spinach in unlimited quantities on salads or thrown into a drink mix smoothie.
I would be very interested to see if this is a true Ideal Protein change or a coach's decision. If anyone happens to get a phase 1 sheet that is dated after June 2012 please scan it and upload it to the Newbie's thread so we can all be up on the changes!

Last edited by scorbett1103; 02-21-2013 at 09:10 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:10 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

On the spinach thing, my coach, who is a huge stickler for IP rules, says spinach can be unlimited like lettuce and we're to have it at will. I used to measure what I would put in with my shakes as part of my 4c and she told me not to.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:14 PM   #80  
IP start Aug 2012

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
I would be very interested to see if this is a true Ideal Protein change or a coach's decision. If anyone happens to get a phase 1 sheet that is dated after June 2012 please scan it and upload it to the Newbie's thread so we can all be up on the changes!
My coach is gone this week AND next. I can check after that.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:19 PM   #81  
Started IP: Nov. 2, 2012

S/C/G: 326/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8''

I'll be going into my WI tomorrow and my coach/clinic stays pretty updated on everything, so I will see what she says (and if there is a new sheet).

I just made up some tuna patties (trying something new) and they smell sooooooo good. Can't wait to see if they actually taste good too!

Last edited by Tziri; 02-21-2013 at 09:28 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:22 PM   #82  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tziri View Post
I'll be going into my WI tomorrow and my coach/clinic stays pretty update on everything, so I will see what she says (and if there is a new sheet).

I just made up some tuna patties (trying something new) and they smell sooooooo good. Can't wait to see if they actually taste good too!
I love tuna patties! I do them with an egg white, some finely chopped celery, a tsp of French's Dijon mustard w/chardonnay (it's 0/0/0 in that portion). and some coriander or basil. Sometimes I'll drizzle a little WF ranch dressing on the plate before I put the patties down, gives them a little extra flavor.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:24 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 298.5/272/200

Height: 5'7

My first day is almost over and goodness that sucked bad. 3pm hit and it was all I could do not to start chomping away at my arm. Someone said today though (forgive I can't remember which one of you) that if I'm hungry but I can't make myself eat another salad...I'm not really hungry and its my mind/body trying to trick me. That helped alot. Even right now I feel like I'm hungry but my tummy is full???

I need to ask some ?s though for anyone who can answer...

Mio is ok how often?
Sugar free syrups are ok how often?
And I know I had a bazillion things I thought of to ask throughout the day but now I've forgotten. Is there a certain place where newbies like me can ask all our silly questions or is this the place?

Thanks everyone in advance.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:27 PM   #84  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsstunner View Post
My first day is almost over and goodness that sucked bad. 3pm hit and it was all I could do not to start chomping away at my arm. Someone said today though (forgive I can't remember which one of you) that if I'm hungry but I can't make myself eat another salad...I'm not really hungry and its my mind/body trying to trick me. That helped alot. Even right now I feel like I'm hungry but my tummy is full???

Mio is ok how often?
Sugar free syrups are ok how often?
And I know I had a bazillion things I thought of to ask throughout the day but now I've forgotten. Is there a certain place where newbies like me can ask all our silly questions or is this the place?

There are no silly questions The daily is where you are going to get the best responses, even if it's just direction to a thread where your questions are already answered!

Re: Mio, Sugar free products, Walden Farms, etc.

ALL "sugar free" products that list 0 carbs actually have trace carbs. FDA allows manufacturers to say zero carbs if it's less than 1. So with that in mind, I limit ALL extras to 6 servings per day. That way I never have to worry how much those "trace" carbs have added up - I can never go over 6 extra carbs.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:32 PM   #85  
Started IP: Nov. 2, 2012

S/C/G: 326/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8''

Quote:
I love tuna patties! I do them with an egg white, some finely chopped celery, a tsp of French's Dijon mustard w/chardonnay (it's 0/0/0 in that portion). and some coriander or basil. Sometimes I'll drizzle a little WF ranch dressing on the plate before I put the patties down, gives them a little extra flavor.
I have never tried them before but I was hungry for fish tonight.
I did mine a little differently but the chardonnay and celery are a really great ideas (next time!). I used an egg, potato puree packet, lemon juice, dijon, tobasco, chives, salt and pepper.
Soooooooooooo good!! I think this has become one of my new favorite dinners.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:34 PM   #86  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/139.8/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
I had that problem once. Looked down and thought the readout said "FAT" It actually said "BAT" It was right either way.
Now *THAT* is funny! Thanks for the bedtime chuckle!! (I'm sure I would have done a double-take, too, if I saw that on my scale. )
Old 02-21-2013, 09:35 PM   #87  
IP start Aug 2012

Quote:

Is there a certain place where newbies like me can ask all our silly questions or is this the place?

Keep on asking them right here! There aren't silly questions (well, there probably are, but you aren't asking them ). We were all new once.
Sorry your brain is playing the Jedi mind (hunger) tricks. We learn very quickly to distinguish between "head" hunger and true hunger. Lettuce will take the edge off if I'm truly hungry. If I don't want lettuce, then I have a craving...Jedi mind trick.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:24 PM   #88  

Quote:
There are no silly questions The daily is where you are going to get the best responses, even if it's just direction to a thread where your questions are already answered!

Re: Mio, Sugar free products, Walden Farms, etc.

ALL "sugar free" products that list 0 carbs actually have trace carbs. FDA allows manufacturers to say zero carbs if it's less than 1. So with that in mind, I limit ALL extras to 6 servings per day. That way I never have to worry how much those "trace" carbs have added up - I can never go over 6 extra carbs.
Oh thank you, thank you for your help! That should be easy to remember.

I don't mind reading so redirection to other threads would be awesome too. I'm still learning how to maneuver around the forum. Thanks again for all your help. I'm glad you guys are so encouraging and helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Keep on asking them right here! There aren't silly questions (well, there probably are, but you aren't asking them ). We were all new once.
Sorry your brain is playing the Jedi mind (hunger) tricks. We learn very quickly to distinguish between "head" hunger and true hunger. Lettuce will take the edge off if I'm truly hungry. If I don't want lettuce, then I have a craving...Jedi mind trick.
Ebil Jedi Mind tricks Yea, lettuce was not what I wanted. I had to watch my kiddos gobble down cupcakes and OMG that was hard. My small nap helped alot though.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:55 PM   #89  

Okay I have more questions that I remembered from earlier...

1. Someone mentioned bouillon cubes? These are permitted? Also canned broth?

2. EggBeaters are ok? If so, how do I measure an egg or egg white?

3. Can I substitute my 1oz skim milk for 1oz of some kind of cheese?
Old 02-21-2013, 11:34 PM   #90  
IP start Aug 2012

Quote:
Okay I have more questions that I remembered from earlier...

1. Someone mentioned bouillon cubes? These are permitted? Also canned broth?

2. EggBeaters are ok? If so, how do I measure an egg or egg white?

3. Can I substitute my 1oz skim milk for 1oz of some kind of cheese?
1. yes. as long as they are 0/0/0 (fat/sugar/carbs). They also help with added sodium, which is MUCH needed during the transition into Ketosis. You don't feel so sick if you increase sodium.
2. You can use up to 2 plain egg whites/day. I just looked up the ingredients/nutritional info of Egg Beaters. I don't see anything that says you can't have them but right next to them on the shelf, you should find a carton of plain egg whites. They'd be a LOT less processed. Just look at the difference in ingredients on the labels.
3. not if you want to be 100% on plan.

Last edited by lisa32989; 02-21-2013 at 11:39 PM.
Closed Thread