3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2013, 11:21 AM   #16
Started IP 7/9/12
 
ragdoll74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 1,748

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbarot View Post
I'm going to get back on the diet tomorrow. I did it before, but the huge markup on the vitamins (they insisted I needed for the diet to work) made it impossible for me to stay with. I take vitamins on a daily basis...my question..is it mandatory to buy their vitamins? Vitamins are vitamins, I thought
I tried switching to alternative supplements, but I didn't feel as good on them as the IP one's. You can check plainprotein.com to see if the IP supplements are cheaper than at your clinic. Some clinics mark up the products more than others.
__________________
started maintenance 6/14/13
ragdoll74 is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 11:28 AM   #17
Started IP 2/22/13
 
Charbarot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 52

S/C/G: 189.2/156.6/130

Height: 5'2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
I tried switching to alternative supplements, but I didn't feel as good on them as the IP one's. You can check plainprotein.com to see if the IP supplements are cheaper than at your clinic. Some clinics mark up the products more than others.
Thank you, I'll do that. In what way did you feel different on them, if you don't mind my asking? I ask because I found out about this diet through my husband. A few of his co-workers went on it and lost a lot of weight. But he did say since they've been off it they are packing the weight back on. However, the consensus was, that the vitamins were way overpriced and a couple of them quit for that reason. Our local 'clinic' is through a chiropractor and apparently his feelings were the vitamins were mandatory and the diet would not be effective without them
Charbarot is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 11:34 AM   #18
Started IP 7/9/12
 
ragdoll74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 1,748

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbarot View Post
Thank you, I'll do that. In what way did you feel different on them, if you don't mind my asking? I ask because I found out about this diet through my husband. A few of his co-workers went on it and lost a lot of weight. But he did say since they've been off it they are packing the weight back on. However, the consensus was, that the vitamins were way overpriced and a couple of them quit for that reason. Our local 'clinic' is through a chiropractor and apparently his feelings were the vitamins were mandatory and the diet would not be effective without them
It was in August that I switched to alternative supplements and after a week I ordered the IP ones from plainprotein. I just felt tired and really blah (not sure how to explain it). Once I got back on the IP supplements I felt normal again.

I'm sure there are some very good quality supplements that will work just fine, but I'm not sure what the price advantage would be. I tried using Nature's Made & One a Day Womens.

The biggest savings I've had is switching to the alternative products I buy online. I get 3 weeks of packets for the cost of 1 week of IP packets.
__________________
started maintenance 6/14/13

Last edited by ragdoll74; 02-21-2013 at 11:35 AM.
ragdoll74 is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 11:34 AM   #19
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 33

S/C/G: 232.2/ticker/132

Height: 5"4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsstunner View Post
I'm starting IP today. Still nervous as heck but had my first shake and all is right in the world. I'm hungry though. I guess that's to be expected. I should start on my water intake so maybe I'll curb some of the hunger. Wish me luck.
CONGRATULATIONS! I am new too - finishing up week 3! This diet works, I have lost 12.4 pounds in less than three weeks. Big secret on hunger - drink water and greent tea. I have a cup of green team after every meal and it really curbs the hunger! Good luck, stick with it, the first couple days are the hardest and my coach said that if you can't stand the hunger, you can have an xtra pack (non-restricted) the first few days!
Fabulousatfifty is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #20
Started IP 12-26-2012
 
leannekarella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 469

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
It was in August that I switched to alternative supplements and after a week I ordered the IP ones from plainprotein. I just felt tired and really blah (not sure how to explain it). Once I got back on the IP supplements I felt normal again.

I'm sure there are some very good quality supplements that will work just fine, but I'm not sure what the price advantage would be. I tried using Nature's Made & One a Day Womens.

The biggest savings I've had is switching to the alternative products I buy online. I get 3 weeks of packets for the cost of 1 week of IP packets.
I stay with the IP Cal/Mag and potassium, but I use a 'generic' multi vitamin that has about the same numbers. I just couldn't afford their markup. PlainProtien.com is way cheaper than my clinic.
__________________


One for every 5 lbs
leannekarella is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #21
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: IL
Posts: 48

S/C/G: 155/ x /135

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Alma, that is sooo exciting!! What a great incentive to stay OP to goal so you don't have to be OP in Italy!!!

Okay, so yesterday I posted that I was up 2 lbs from last week WI. I was kinda bummed but not freaking out cause I knew I just needed to stay OP and it would be okay. Today was my WI and I was down 3 lbs from yesterday!!! It's only 1 lb from last week but I am sooo excited!!! TOM and I am still down!!

I have been thinking that if my weight loss slows down a lot...like a lb a week I am going to go to phase 2 or 3 and get back to the gym. I need to get started training for Tough Mudder this summer plus I really miss my workouts! I'm gonna give it a couple more weeks but if I don't lose more than 1 1/2 lbs/week then it's time to get back. I understand now what I need to do to lose weight and that carbs are the killer for me so I feel confident that this will be the right decision.

Of course if my weight loss doesn't slow down then I will keep doing what I'm doing for a while longer! :P
Congrats on losing weight in a tough week. My suggestion is don't phase off. I did the same thing 2 years ago - was frustrated with 1.2-1.6 losses (esp when my coach told me to expect 2-3 pounds a week-wrong info I know now). I thought I could do it on my own especially because I wanted to run a half marathon with my friends. I initially lost some weight but quickly got back into old habits (you do sound like you have a better handle on nutrition than I did though). I tried restarting multiple times and never made it past the first week until this time around. There are other Tough Mudders. If you decide to race - best of luck, I was asked to do one but I'm not brave enough
__________________
IPRound2 is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 11:45 AM   #22
Started IP 2/22/13
 
Charbarot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 52

S/C/G: 189.2/156.6/130

Height: 5'2"

Default

Thank you so much rag doll...you have been a huge help. Thank you for the website
Charbarot is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 12:10 PM   #23
IP start date 12/12/12
 
mrskuby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 356

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPRound2 View Post
Congrats on losing weight in a tough week. My suggestion is don't phase off. I did the same thing 2 years ago - was frustrated with 1.2-1.6 losses (esp when my coach told me to expect 2-3 pounds a week-wrong info I know now). I thought I could do it on my own especially because I wanted to run a half marathon with my friends. I initially lost some weight but quickly got back into old habits (you do sound like you have a better handle on nutrition than I did though). I tried restarting multiple times and never made it past the first week until this time around. There are other Tough Mudders. If you decide to race - best of luck, I was asked to do one but I'm not brave enough
Thanks! I don't plan on phasing off entirely. I just know I'll need to eat more calories as the bootcamp workouts I do are very strenuous so I figured that if I head for phase 2 or 3 then I would have enough fuel to get through it. For me, I like to do challenging workouts so just walking or ellptical would bore me to tears. I've already signed up for Tough Mudder so I am committed! (Or maybe I should be committed for deciding to do it! LOL)

I haven't made the decision to make changes yet because I've heard so much about how hard it is to come back to phase 1. Your words of wisdom are not falling on deaf ears. LOL I've had so much success I don't want to screw it up! I already know from experience that working out does not help me lose weight...so I am hoping to find a happy medium

And congrats on getting through the first week again! You're on your way!!!
__________________

Last edited by mrskuby; 02-21-2013 at 12:13 PM.
mrskuby is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 12:32 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
MSEMDEE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 149

S/C/G: 315/ticker/182

Height: 6'

Default

So last week I missed WI due to a snow storm.
This week I had a 2.6 lb loss!
I am so excited with this program!
Yes, my losses have been slower than most but still faster than I put it on.
I am so excited to go closet shopping this weekend!
Ok, going to change my ticker now.
__________________
MSEMDEE is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 12:41 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
IPdivajen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Whitby, Ontario
Posts: 674

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Default

Hi all! Congrats on some great losses, and welcome those of you just starting out!

A wee bit of advice if you're up for it...in those first few days, avoid too much experimentation with new stuff (spices, etc). If you're experience is anything like mine I had a rough transition into ketosis and felt really gross for those first 4 days. We tried a lot of new things then, including a Parmesan and herbs spice that I was sure I'd love. Well, because I was feeling so disgusting those few days, I now can't STAND that spice. Turned me off it completely, so I can't even smell it any more as I associate it so closely with those few nasty days.

So maybe wait a weeeee bit before trying new things so that you have a better chance of enjoying them for the long haul! Just a BTDT thought. Good luck!
__________________

Started IP March 1, 2012 Goal 1- 29lbs - March 27. Goal 2- 45lbs - April 25. Goal 3- 65lbs - May 29.
Goal 4- 82lbs - July 3. Goal 5 - 100lbs - August 7. Goal 6 - 129lbs - October 9. Break from October 17 to January 2. FINISH LINE - lose 153lbs - in progress. Forever in progress.

IPdivajen is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 12:47 PM   #26
Member
 
bellasamimom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: CA
Posts: 90

S/C/G: H253/219/177.4/150

Height: 5'4

Default

I ordered my vitamins from Plain Protein. Much cheaper than my Dr. Office. I also order the RTD's and a few other things because it came to about a $100.00 savings. It came super fast.
bellasamimom is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 12:56 PM   #27
Member
 
ultramommynine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: California
Posts: 31

S/C/G: 250/241/135

Height: 5'6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbarot View Post
I'm going to get back on the diet tomorrow. I did it before, but the huge markup on the vitamins (they insisted I needed for the diet to work) made it impossible for me to stay with. I take vitamins on a daily basis...my question..is it mandatory to buy their vitamins? Vitamins are vitamins, I thought
I'm only on day 5 but I'm not taking the vitamins and I'm losing weight
I take a prenatal (leftover from last pregnancy and some omega 3/6/9 I got at the vitamin shop.
ultramommynine is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 01:03 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
IPdivajen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Whitby, Ontario
Posts: 674

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Default

ultramommy, you really should be taking the supplements as part of the plan, even alternatives if you must. You're simply not getting them from the food you're eating so in order to stay healthy and keep your electrolytes balanced you need to get them from somewhere.

Hope that doesn't sound preachy but they really are necessary to overall health!!
__________________

Started IP March 1, 2012 Goal 1- 29lbs - March 27. Goal 2- 45lbs - April 25. Goal 3- 65lbs - May 29.
Goal 4- 82lbs - July 3. Goal 5 - 100lbs - August 7. Goal 6 - 129lbs - October 9. Break from October 17 to January 2. FINISH LINE - lose 153lbs - in progress. Forever in progress.

IPdivajen is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 01:05 PM   #29
Started IP 2/22/13
 
Charbarot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 52

S/C/G: 189.2/156.6/130

Height: 5'2"

Smile Promo code

Hi...does anyone have a promo code for the vitamins at plain vitamin?
Charbarot is offline  
Old 02-21-2013, 01:07 PM   #30
Started IP 12/6/12
 
bubbleblower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 648

S/C/G: 174/140.2/134

Height: 5'7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramommynine View Post
I'm only on day 5 but I'm not taking the vitamins and I'm losing weight
The issue with not taking supplements isn't that you won't lose weight. The issue is that you are simply not getting enough nutrients through your food, plus the fact that a ketogenic diet depletes your body's stores of some important vitamins and minerals. If you are substituting alternatives, I'd suggest you carefully compare them to what's recommended. I buy my supplements from plainprotein.com.
__________________


bubbleblower is offline  
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IP Daily Chat Thursday 2/14/2013 lisa32989 Ideal Protein Diet 64 02-15-2013 06:21 AM
IP Daily Chat Thursday 2/7/2013 lisa32989 Ideal Protein Diet 66 02-08-2013 01:02 AM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:24 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2