3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 11:21 AM   #16
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbarot View Post
I'm going to get back on the diet tomorrow. I did it before, but the huge markup on the vitamins (they insisted I needed for the diet to work) made it impossible for me to stay with. I take vitamins on a daily basis...my question..is it mandatory to buy their vitamins? Vitamins are vitamins, I thought
I tried switching to alternative supplements, but I didn't feel as good on them as the IP one's. You can check plainprotein.com to see if the IP supplements are cheaper than at your clinic. Some clinics mark up the products more than others.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:28 AM   #17
Started IP 2/22/13

S/C/G: 189.2/156.6/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
I tried switching to alternative supplements, but I didn't feel as good on them as the IP one's. You can check plainprotein.com to see if the IP supplements are cheaper than at your clinic. Some clinics mark up the products more than others.
Thank you, I'll do that. In what way did you feel different on them, if you don't mind my asking? I ask because I found out about this diet through my husband. A few of his co-workers went on it and lost a lot of weight. But he did say since they've been off it they are packing the weight back on. However, the consensus was, that the vitamins were way overpriced and a couple of them quit for that reason. Our local 'clinic' is through a chiropractor and apparently his feelings were the vitamins were mandatory and the diet would not be effective without them
Old 02-21-2013, 11:34 AM   #18
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Thank you, I'll do that. In what way did you feel different on them, if you don't mind my asking? I ask because I found out about this diet through my husband. A few of his co-workers went on it and lost a lot of weight. But he did say since they've been off it they are packing the weight back on. However, the consensus was, that the vitamins were way overpriced and a couple of them quit for that reason. Our local 'clinic' is through a chiropractor and apparently his feelings were the vitamins were mandatory and the diet would not be effective without them
It was in August that I switched to alternative supplements and after a week I ordered the IP ones from plainprotein. I just felt tired and really blah (not sure how to explain it). Once I got back on the IP supplements I felt normal again.

I'm sure there are some very good quality supplements that will work just fine, but I'm not sure what the price advantage would be. I tried using Nature's Made & One a Day Womens.

The biggest savings I've had is switching to the alternative products I buy online. I get 3 weeks of packets for the cost of 1 week of IP packets.

Last edited by ragdoll74; 02-21-2013 at 11:35 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:34 AM   #19

S/C/G: 232.2/ticker/132

Height: 5"4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsstunner View Post
I'm starting IP today. Still nervous as heck but had my first shake and all is right in the world. I'm hungry though. I guess that's to be expected. I should start on my water intake so maybe I'll curb some of the hunger. Wish me luck.
CONGRATULATIONS! I am new too - finishing up week 3! This diet works, I have lost 12.4 pounds in less than three weeks. Big secret on hunger - drink water and greent tea. I have a cup of green team after every meal and it really curbs the hunger! Good luck, stick with it, the first couple days are the hardest and my coach said that if you can't stand the hunger, you can have an xtra pack (non-restricted) the first few days!
Old 02-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #20
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
It was in August that I switched to alternative supplements and after a week I ordered the IP ones from plainprotein. I just felt tired and really blah (not sure how to explain it). Once I got back on the IP supplements I felt normal again.

I'm sure there are some very good quality supplements that will work just fine, but I'm not sure what the price advantage would be. I tried using Nature's Made & One a Day Womens.

The biggest savings I've had is switching to the alternative products I buy online. I get 3 weeks of packets for the cost of 1 week of IP packets.
I stay with the IP Cal/Mag and potassium, but I use a 'generic' multi vitamin that has about the same numbers. I just couldn't afford their markup. PlainProtien.com is way cheaper than my clinic.

One for every 5 lbs
Old 02-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #21

S/C/G: 155/ x /135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Alma, that is sooo exciting!! What a great incentive to stay OP to goal so you don't have to be OP in Italy!!!

Okay, so yesterday I posted that I was up 2 lbs from last week WI. I was kinda bummed but not freaking out cause I knew I just needed to stay OP and it would be okay. Today was my WI and I was down 3 lbs from yesterday!!! It's only 1 lb from last week but I am sooo excited!!! TOM and I am still down!!

I have been thinking that if my weight loss slows down a lot...like a lb a week I am going to go to phase 2 or 3 and get back to the gym. I need to get started training for Tough Mudder this summer plus I really miss my workouts! I'm gonna give it a couple more weeks but if I don't lose more than 1 1/2 lbs/week then it's time to get back. I understand now what I need to do to lose weight and that carbs are the killer for me so I feel confident that this will be the right decision.

Of course if my weight loss doesn't slow down then I will keep doing what I'm doing for a while longer! :P
Congrats on losing weight in a tough week. My suggestion is don't phase off. I did the same thing 2 years ago - was frustrated with 1.2-1.6 losses (esp when my coach told me to expect 2-3 pounds a week-wrong info I know now). I thought I could do it on my own especially because I wanted to run a half marathon with my friends. I initially lost some weight but quickly got back into old habits (you do sound like you have a better handle on nutrition than I did though). I tried restarting multiple times and never made it past the first week until this time around. There are other Tough Mudders. If you decide to race - best of luck, I was asked to do one but I'm not brave enough
Old 02-21-2013, 11:45 AM   #22
Started IP 2/22/13

Thank you so much rag doll...you have been a huge help. Thank you for the website
Old 02-21-2013, 12:10 PM   #23
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPRound2 View Post
Congrats on losing weight in a tough week. My suggestion is don't phase off. I did the same thing 2 years ago - was frustrated with 1.2-1.6 losses (esp when my coach told me to expect 2-3 pounds a week-wrong info I know now). I thought I could do it on my own especially because I wanted to run a half marathon with my friends. I initially lost some weight but quickly got back into old habits (you do sound like you have a better handle on nutrition than I did though). I tried restarting multiple times and never made it past the first week until this time around. There are other Tough Mudders. If you decide to race - best of luck, I was asked to do one but I'm not brave enough
Thanks! I don't plan on phasing off entirely. I just know I'll need to eat more calories as the bootcamp workouts I do are very strenuous so I figured that if I head for phase 2 or 3 then I would have enough fuel to get through it. For me, I like to do challenging workouts so just walking or ellptical would bore me to tears. I've already signed up for Tough Mudder so I am committed! (Or maybe I should be committed for deciding to do it! LOL)

I haven't made the decision to make changes yet because I've heard so much about how hard it is to come back to phase 1. Your words of wisdom are not falling on deaf ears. LOL I've had so much success I don't want to screw it up! I already know from experience that working out does not help me lose weight...so I am hoping to find a happy medium

And congrats on getting through the first week again! You're on your way!!!

Last edited by mrskuby; 02-21-2013 at 12:13 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:32 PM   #24

S/C/G: 315/ticker/182

Height: 6'

So last week I missed WI due to a snow storm.
This week I had a 2.6 lb loss!
I am so excited with this program!
Yes, my losses have been slower than most but still faster than I put it on.
I am so excited to go closet shopping this weekend!
Ok, going to change my ticker now.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:41 PM   #25

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Hi all! Congrats on some great losses, and welcome those of you just starting out!

A wee bit of advice if you're up for it...in those first few days, avoid too much experimentation with new stuff (spices, etc). If you're experience is anything like mine I had a rough transition into ketosis and felt really gross for those first 4 days. We tried a lot of new things then, including a Parmesan and herbs spice that I was sure I'd love. Well, because I was feeling so disgusting those few days, I now can't STAND that spice. Turned me off it completely, so I can't even smell it any more as I associate it so closely with those few nasty days.

So maybe wait a weeeee bit before trying new things so that you have a better chance of enjoying them for the long haul! Just a BTDT thought. Good luck!

Started IP March 1, 2012 Goal 1- 29lbs - March 27. Goal 2- 45lbs - April 25. Goal 3- 65lbs - May 29.
Goal 4- 82lbs - July 3. Goal 5 - 100lbs - August 7. Goal 6 - 129lbs - October 9. Break from October 17 to January 2. FINISH LINE - lose 153lbs - in progress. Forever in progress.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:47 PM   #26

S/C/G: H253/219/177.4/150

Height: 5'4

I ordered my vitamins from Plain Protein. Much cheaper than my Dr. Office. I also order the RTD's and a few other things because it came to about a $100.00 savings. It came super fast.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:56 PM   #27

S/C/G: 250/241/135

Height: 5'6

Quote:
I'm going to get back on the diet tomorrow. I did it before, but the huge markup on the vitamins (they insisted I needed for the diet to work) made it impossible for me to stay with. I take vitamins on a daily basis...my question..is it mandatory to buy their vitamins? Vitamins are vitamins, I thought
I'm only on day 5 but I'm not taking the vitamins and I'm losing weight
I take a prenatal (leftover from last pregnancy and some omega 3/6/9 I got at the vitamin shop.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:03 PM   #28

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

ultramommy, you really should be taking the supplements as part of the plan, even alternatives if you must. You're simply not getting them from the food you're eating so in order to stay healthy and keep your electrolytes balanced you need to get them from somewhere.

Hope that doesn't sound preachy but they really are necessary to overall health!!

Started IP March 1, 2012 Goal 1- 29lbs - March 27. Goal 2- 45lbs - April 25. Goal 3- 65lbs - May 29.
Goal 4- 82lbs - July 3. Goal 5 - 100lbs - August 7. Goal 6 - 129lbs - October 9. Break from October 17 to January 2. FINISH LINE - lose 153lbs - in progress. Forever in progress.

Old 02-21-2013, 01:05 PM   #29
Started IP 2/22/13

Smile Promo code

Hi...does anyone have a promo code for the vitamins at plain vitamin?
Old 02-21-2013, 01:07 PM   #30
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/140.2/134

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramommynine View Post
I'm only on day 5 but I'm not taking the vitamins and I'm losing weight
The issue with not taking supplements isn't that you won't lose weight. The issue is that you are simply not getting enough nutrients through your food, plus the fact that a ketogenic diet depletes your body's stores of some important vitamins and minerals. If you are substituting alternatives, I'd suggest you carefully compare them to what's recommended. I buy my supplements from plainprotein.com.

Closed Thread