Old 02-19-2013, 02:19 PM   #1  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Default Enough of calories in P3 to exercise and lose more weight?

So .....

I wanted to lose a few more lbs starting the 1st of the year. I went 4 weeks with minimal loss (about 2 lbs). I then went on the cellulite reduction and the first week I lost an additional 2.4 lbs (which was great) but I honestly couldn't stand being on it! After 6 weeks of dedication I had totalled 6 lbs. I'm not complaining TOO much, but that's not enough for me to be 100% OP and not exercising ..

So I'm just starting P3 now, I would have liked a few more pounds but my body is saying something different so I'm going with it. Of that 6 lbs I lost, at least 3 came back as glucose so I netted 3 lbs in 6 weeks.

The question of the day (or opinion maybe?)
Could we stay on P3, start exercising and do you think we would lose weight safely?

I'm hoping Scorbett comments also please

Last edited by healthyangie; 02-19-2013 at 02:20 PM.
healthyangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:41 PM   #2  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

LOL my reputation is apparently following me all the way to maintenance

I don't see why you couldn't - P3 is much more in line nutritionally with something like Weight Watchers, it's just a matter of balancing your calorie intake with exercise to create a deficit. It's not going to be perfect science, but WW usually keeps their folks somewhere in the 1100-1300 calorie range. Depending on the level you exercise at compared to what your body is currently used to, you should lose a little more - but it will come off a LOT more slowly than in P1/P2.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:37 PM   #3  
Keeping it real!

Ah! I knew you'd find me Yes - you're reputation does preceed you .. I like your advice as it is solid logic based and not just and "opinion" all the time

Unfortunately my second part of losing a little more weight did not go at all like the first part. I've heard a lot of reasons why but ultimately my body must be telling "Sorry ... try something else!" So that's what I'm doing.

I'm gonna give it shot and I'll let you know. Looking at your ticker you are officially in maintenance now??? YaY!!!!!!
Old 02-19-2013, 04:38 PM   #4  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyangie View Post
Ah! I knew you'd find me Yes - you're reputation does preceed you .. I like your advice as it is solid logic based and not just and "opinion" all the time

Unfortunately my second part of losing a little more weight did not go at all like the first part. I've heard a lot of reasons why but ultimately my body must be telling "Sorry ... try something else!" So that's what I'm doing.

I'm gonna give it shot and I'll let you know. Looking at your ticker you are officially in maintenance now??? YaY!!!!!!
HAHA almost - started P3 yesterday! ZOMG the breakfasts.....
Old 02-19-2013, 04:43 PM   #5  
Keeping it real!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
HAHA almost - started P3 yesterday! ZOMG the breakfasts.....
I know right!!! Love having yogurt again ....! Have you attempted any coconut flour pancakes yet?? Still low in the carb area and full of protien! I LOVE them! Of course I still use the WF syrup
Old 02-19-2013, 07:29 PM   #6  

Height: magmeepEVE

Hey Angie!

Besides hating the food, did you notice any results with the cellulite reduction protocol? I'm going to probably do that once I hit whatever my goal is going to be (I'm trying to lose the last fat off my stomach/hips and upper thighs).

Thanks, and good luck exercising in Phase 3. Hope you lose those last pounds! I can't wait for Phase 3 to start lifting weights again.
Starshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:56 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 191.4/141.2/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
So .....

I wanted to lose a few more lbs starting the 1st of the year. I went 4 weeks with minimal loss (about 2 lbs). I then went on the cellulite reduction and the first week I lost an additional 2.4 lbs (which was great) but I honestly couldn't stand being on it! After 6 weeks of dedication I had totalled 6 lbs. I'm not complaining TOO much, but that's not enough for me to be 100% OP and not exercising ..

So I'm just starting P3 now, I would have liked a few more pounds but my body is saying something different so I'm going with it. Of that 6 lbs I lost, at least 3 came back as glucose so I netted 3 lbs in 6 weeks.

Could we stay on P3, start exercising and do you think we would lose weight safely?

Hope this isn't a dumb question or something that's been answered multiple times before , but what's the cellulite reduction version?
socalgirl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:07 PM   #8  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
I know right!!! Love having yogurt again ....! Have you attempted any coconut flour pancakes yet?? Still low in the carb area and full of protien! I LOVE them! Of course I still use the WF syrup
I saw your recipe in the p3 thread - I was thinking of trying it with half egg and half egg whites to cut down the fat a little. I've had some luck making that swap in some other recipes so we'll see how it goes!
Old 02-19-2013, 09:18 PM   #9  
Maintenance 2/1/2013

S/C/G: 208/148/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
So .....

I'm no Scorbett, but like you, my loss slowed at the end, but I continued to lose at a similar rate in P3 with exercise included. I'd recommend tracking calories with some app/software ( I use MFP) so your net calories don't sink lower than they were in P1 & P2 when you start exercising.

I was so excited to start moving again! Have a great workout
mommak8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:23 PM   #10  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Phase 3 is when you can introduce high intensity exercise. Your glucose reserves get replenished and with that "quick energy" available the dangers of exercise in Phase 1/2 are gone. I jumped the gun and started running in Phase 2....Bad Idea!

Be warned though...you get Hungry when you workout hard!

Last edited by LizRR; 02-19-2013 at 09:24 PM.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:43 AM   #11  
Keeping it real!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
Hey Angie!

Besides hating the food, did you notice any results with the cellulite reduction protocol? I'm going to probably do that once I hit whatever my goal is going to be (I'm trying to lose the last fat off my stomach/hips and upper thighs).

Thanks, and good luck exercising in Phase 3. Hope you lose those last pounds! I can't wait for Phase 3 to start lifting weights again.
Hi Starshine!
Actually the food wasn't bad, just that we didn't eat any of our own protein. It's all the packets. And yes I did notice a difference, I had basically stalled and within the first couple days I bumped off over 2 lbs (be prepared for the 2nd day "release of all real food in your intestines!" )

I'm actually going to do just that protocol in a month or 2 once I get my "normal" back a little.

Good luck!
Old 02-20-2013, 09:49 AM   #12  
Keeping it real!

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalgirl83 View Post
Hope this isn't a dumb question or something that's been answered multiple times before , but what's the cellulite reduction version?
You basically replace your protein with 2 of their packets so 5 packets a day plus your fat and 4 cups of veggies .... meant to burn clean and fast!!
Old 02-20-2013, 10:02 AM   #13  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Phase 3 is when you can introduce high intensity exercise. Your glucose reserves get replenished and with that "quick energy" available the dangers of exercise in Phase 1/2 are gone. I jumped the gun and started running in Phase 2....Bad Idea!

Be warned though...you get Hungry when you workout hard!
LOL Now if my muscles would just cooperate with my desire to work out - after a bodypump class on Monday and a crazy Zumba class yesterday, my muscles are SCREAMING at me! Going to do my yoga video at home today and just take the kids outside walking for a day of muscle rest
Old 02-20-2013, 10:12 AM   #14  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:
Hi Starshine!
Actually the food wasn't bad, just that we didn't eat any of our own protein. It's all the packets. And yes I did notice a difference, I had basically stalled and within the first couple days I bumped off over 2 lbs (be prepared for the 2nd day "release of all real food in your intestines!" )

I'm actually going to do just that protocol in a month or 2 once I get my "normal" back a little.

Good luck!
Thanks, Angie!

I'm going to do the cellulite protocol too. Hopefully, it will get some of it off me, and "release of all real food in your intestines!" And yep, about no real proteins. Boring.

You'll get back to normal, I'm sure! You look fantastic. Take care, Sweetie.
Starshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:26 AM   #15  
Keeping it real!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
LOL Now if my muscles would just cooperate with my desire to work out - after a bodypump class on Monday and a crazy Zumba class yesterday, my muscles are SCREAMING at me! Going to do my yoga video at home today and just take the kids outside walking for a day of muscle rest
I'm with ya! Getting these things to move again has been tough! But a good kind of tough