Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 01:25 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffiner View Post
IPdivajen...

I LOVE your before and after photos! They are such great motivators...thanks for sharing!
Thanks, ladies! Much appreciated. Amazing what a difference a year can make! We're just coming up to the anniversary of our start date (March 1) so it's fun to compare year over year.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:55 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 224/211/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoboiler View Post
I need some IP help. In 2012 I had the help of a coach, but financially for 2013, I had to go alternative. I want to start taking some strength classes at the gym and train for a 5k because it's a cause I really care about (I used to be addicted to endurance races...so I've been holding back while on this diet).

Is it right to add a protein shake before AND after the workout, or what's the suggested balance for the exercise? I just want to keep going, but add the proper nutrition. Any help is appreciated!!!
Hi, My coach told me that I should do an extra unrestricted packet within 15 minutes of finishing my exercising because that was when one's body craves the protein and the calories. I haven't researched very much into it past what my coach said, but I found that having a chocolate shake on the car ride home from my workout prevented me from being starving later or the next morning. That being said, my work outs were not particularly intense- usually 30 minutes on the elliptical or something long those lines.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:04 PM   #33  

hi can anyone tell me how much bioin I should be taking for hair loss? Thanks
Old 02-19-2013, 02:30 PM   #34  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
On the other hand, everyone else teases me unmercifully when I order my food at restaurants ("She'll have a salad with no croutons, no dressing, no tomatoes, no cheese, no carrots ... Oh, and no lettuce!") Whatever. I'm doing this for me, not for them.
That made me laugh. I do sometimes feel like that when I'm ordering at a restaurant. But like everyone else said -- joke's on them. You're doing great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas812 View Post
Good morning everyone, and hello 140's!! It's been so long since I've seen you I wasn't sure if it was really you.....but 4 days in a row you've been there in my scale....
I don't think I've seen 140s since 9th grade. Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcheech View Post
Week #3 WI Results:

down another 5 lbs, and 6 inches!!!
I feel so good and excited that I finally found a program that works for me
It is exciting, isn't it? To really be able to trust the program you're on is such a thrill. Congrats on your big losses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulousatfifty View Post
Good Morning, One small accomplishement - I got back into my fat jeans that I couldn't wear before IP!
Hahaha, I know exactly what you mean. I was so excited to get back into my fat jeans! But beware--wear them as much as possible right away, because they will be too big really soon!
Old 02-19-2013, 02:49 PM   #35  

S/C/G: Peak 300/Restart 270/Goal 130

Height: 5'4.5'

Any one ever feel like just giving up? I am at almost 6 months and halfway to my goal, another 80 pounds to go. But today - I am just tired of it, frustrated and annoyed (at myself). After 6 months I should know that Crystal light is a no-no. So why did I think last week it was ok to drink it all week?

Needless to say, my weight loss stopped this week and I went up a pound.

I am so tired of dieting. But at 199 - I still have to lose another 80 pounds.

What do you do to keep yourself going?
Old 02-19-2013, 03:08 PM   #36  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat117 View Post
Any one ever feel like just giving up? I am at almost 6 months and halfway to my goal, another 80 pounds to go. But today - I am just tired of it, frustrated and annoyed (at myself). After 6 months I should know that Crystal light is a no-no. So why did I think last week it was ok to drink it all week?

Needless to say, my weight loss stopped this week and I went up a pound.

I am so tired of dieting. But at 199 - I still have to lose another 80 pounds.

Sorry you are going through this.

I don't have an answer for you, but watching Biggest Loser last night, something rang true to me. One of the contestants admitted that she self-sabotages because she is afraid of trying her hardest and then failing. I know I have done that in the past -- I lose up to 70 lbs--white knuckling it all the way--and then get tired of fighting. And I find myself thinking, "Why do I work so hard when it doesn't matter anyway? Even if I get to my goal by trying my hardest, I'll slip up and gain it all back. It's not worth it." It's much easier to fail because I chose to quit rather than risking giving it my all and failing anyway. Of course, that line of thinking has kept me from ever succeeding and has guaranteed my failure.

Are you have a similar internal dialogue? A little Crystal Light mistake isn't the end of the world. That pound isn't fat, and it'll come off if you get back OP. What are you afraid of that's threatening to keep you from reaching your goal? Is it fear of failure like me?
Old 02-19-2013, 03:35 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 245/185/165

Height: 5'9"

Don't dispair Kat117! I think we all have those feelings. What keeps me going? I think about how I always get screened at the airport, while my skinny family walks right through. I think about how left-out I feel at the mall, since I know there is nothing there for me. I think about all the things I don't do with my family because "I have nothing to wear" or I'm self conscious about my size. If I could make all that disappear . . . well nothing could possibly taste better than that. And then I see all the people on this site in their new outfits, and all the happy carrots! We just need to keep at it and all the weight will go. This program really seems to have the answers if we just hang in there!

The idea of a buried fear keeping us from success is so interesting to me. I'm going to think about that.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:39 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 250/241/135

Height: 5'6

Weighed this morning (bad me) and lost 3.5 pounds overnight. Yay me and IP! Vowing to myself I won't weigh again til Sunday, cause obviously the daily losses will stop soon and I'll be a sad panda!

About to go grocery shopping and stock up on some IP friendly veggies. I love mushrooms, kale, cabbage, zucchini, and broccoli so I'm excited to get some more variety in then the broccoli or cauliflower I've had every day this week! Hope everyone is having a great OP IP day!
Old 02-19-2013, 03:41 PM   #39  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Thanks, ladies! Much appreciated. Amazing what a difference a year can make! We're just coming up to the anniversary of our start date (March 1) so it's fun to compare year over year.
Yes, truly amazing what a difference a year can make! You both look so good and happy. Congrats to you both!
Old 02-19-2013, 03:41 PM   #40  
Started IP 1/1/13

S/C/G: 132/See Ticker/118

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
hi can anyone tell me how much bioin I should be taking for hair loss? Thanks
I'd say 2500 mcg per day. I had some 5000 mcg capsules, so I took one every other day.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:54 PM   #41  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Anyone else on P3 feel a little overstuffed? It's only day 2 so I thought my body may take time to get used to the big breakfast, but oh boy do I feel huge Thinking of scaling back my protein portions to 6 or 7oz to see if that helps.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:01 PM   #42  
Started IP 1/7/13

S/C/G: 252/220/152

Height: 5'2"

NSV - I always have to use extenders on my necklaces because they feel like they are choking me. I noticed all my necklaces are longer - maybe I can get rid of the extenders!

Also, I tried the Smooth Move Tea last night - taste was bad but it did the work. Can't wait to see how this weeks WI goes!
Old 02-19-2013, 04:20 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 298.5/272/200

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone! I'm new to the IP diet. I just thought I would stop by and say hi and introduce myself to all my soon-to-be (i hope) IP Buddies. Looks like I will be starting the day after tomorrow, and just wondered if any of the rest of you were nervous about the start like I am right now. I've been a dedicated reader of this forum for the past week now and I'm pretty sure I have most of the basics I need to know down but I'm still super NERVOUS. I just don't want to fail. I'm terrified this will all be in vein. I've done really well on diets in the past but I ALWAYS gain the weight back. Right now I'm the biggest I have ever been in my life and its to the point now that I'm just not healthy at all! I have to do this!
Old 02-19-2013, 04:27 PM   #44  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by meinvt View Post
I woke up starving today!! what's the best go-to breakfast for those hungry days? ....!
When I have a "grrrr" I make an IP omelette with extra egg if needed and tons of veggies. Very filling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylunk View Post
Wow major light headed this morning feeling very faint. Just had a small hunk of cucumber with sea salt and going to lie down. Maybe coming down with something..dh says I am very pale he thinks blood sugar may be low...guess will see later how I feel....
I get light headed too and have low blood pressure. My coach keeps advocating to get my salt in. I personally want to have 5 restricted bars but the cucumber/salt is a better option

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat117 View Post
Any one ever feel like just giving up? I am at almost 6 months and halfway to my goal, another 80 pounds to go. But today - I am just tired of it, frustrated and annoyed (at myself)...
YEP -- been there but I DID stop and now am regretting how far along I could be. 80 lbs is a 11-12 year old child. You lost THAT off your body! That's AMAZING!!

In about 15 pounds you'll see the sizes dropping and feel super skinny so stick with it! You're out of the "morbidly obese" range, and will soon be shopping in regular stores, if you're not already, so HAVE COURAGE and keep goin!
Old 02-19-2013, 05:13 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 245/185/165

Height: 5'9"

Thanks IP43! Good idea, I will try the omelet. I'm not a big egg fan, but all the veggies should take the edge off. Speaking of eggs, in my oven right now is a cauliflower/roasted leek/roasted kale souffle. If it actually puffs, I'll add the recipe here. With the leftover egg whites, I mixed in some Mio and stuck them in the oven too - hoping for meringues. We will see. Not sure if Mio is allowed so while they cook, I will scout around on this site.

Mrs. Stunner, Welcome!! I chose this diet because, like you, I always gain it back. I figured if all the weight loss happens in stage 1, stage 2, 3 and 4 must be centered on keeping it off - just right for me and you!
Closed Thread