3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Snacking???? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/275954-snacking.html)

MSDEEDEE23 02-18-2013 01:25 PM

Snacking????

Does anyone else get hungry between breakfast and lunch? Today I decided to divide my snack, late morning and late afternoon, taking one supplement at each snack. Is this allowed?

pinky1978 02-18-2013 01:34 PM

I think it is allowed but I am kind of new to this. I'm sure someone will be able to answer this better...Just wanted to pop in and say that yes, I am always hungry. Been doing this 6 weeks and I am always anxiously awaiting my next meal!

LexiChanel1 02-18-2013 01:37 PM

Lord me too. I'm really hungry all the time:( I have a hard boiled egg once everyday it doesn't affect my losses.

PacNW IP 02-18-2013 01:49 PM

I will also have 1 hard boiled egg a day if I'm hungry. My coach said we are allowed up to 2 boiled eggs per day, but I find that one is plenty to get me through between meals.

MSDEEDEE23 02-18-2013 01:54 PM

Thanks Ladies,
I will try the boiled eggs.

Desafinado 02-18-2013 01:54 PM

I usually have breakfast -- a rtd with a couple of boiled egg whites. Then a couple of hours later I eat a salad. Then a couple of hours later I eat lunch. If I'm still hungry and feel like I can't make it to dinner, I will have a packet. Spacing it out like that helps me get through the day without stabbing someone in the hand with a fork. :dizzy:

MyTime50 02-18-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSDEEDEE23 (Post 4637390)
Does anyone else get hungry between breakfast and lunch? Today I decided to divide my snack, late morning and late afternoon, taking one supplement at each snack. Is this allowed?

Yes, this is allowed! You can cut your bar into 10 slices and eat some in the morning and some in the afternoon. I like to divide me SW cheese curls into 2 portions and have some with my salad at lunch and the rest before dinner. That is when I have the hardest time. I'm always waiting for the rest of my family to get home for dinner and having something to crunch on satisfies my appetite for a little while!
Good luck :)

Msbehaving 02-18-2013 01:58 PM

I go drink water, flavored water or hot tea if I am hungry between meals. Am trying out an idea that maybe I really need fluids instead but I have been incorrectly interpreting the feeling as needing food. Anyway, seems to delay the need to eat. Part of breaking out of old patterns and learning new ones?

lisa32989 02-18-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSDEEDEE23 (Post 4637390)

I usually make a breakfast smoothie with a chocolate pudding, spinach, and ice (the liquid is decaf coffee). It really puffs up in my Vitamix! I pour it into TWO 24 oz Tervis tumblers!
I drink one on the way to work and the other about 9:30-10 am.

Days I choose other breakfasts, I get hungrier quicker.
I have also made IP muffins with a packet and 1 c. shredded zucchini. I can eat 2 muffins on the way to work and save the 3rd for the 9:30-10 timeslot.

This seems to help.

50harvest 02-18-2013 09:02 PM

I eat breakfast around 5:30 am, and I'm always hungry way before lunch. I make a veggie smoothie & that helps. I plan to try some of the IP pudding muffin recipes this week for a change of pace.

nineonline 02-18-2013 09:19 PM

I too am always hungry between breakie and lunch

This week I'm going to try having my restricted snack in between these two meals. Fingers crossed because I love my snack after dinner with a hot drink in the evenings X

animallover 02-18-2013 10:03 PM

Yes! I have to split up my meals throughout the day. I usually have breakfast around 7am, half of my restricted snack around 10:30, for lunch I have half of my protein and 2 cups of veggies, the other half of my restricted snack mid afternoon, shake late afternoon and dinner around 7:30pm. That is my work day routine. If I'm not working a long shift, I prefer to eat dinner earlier and have a drink/shake around 7 or 8pm.