3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Something not shrinking... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/275914-something-not-shrinking.html)

BeccaGrim 02-17-2013 08:54 PM

Something not shrinking...

Okay
This is a random post and I hope its not TMI. But, I'm losing inches all over, which is fabulous, except in my chest. And its hard because things that should be fitting everywhere else are not buttoning over my chest. I've lost some inches there but not as dramatically as everywhere else.

Anyone else have a part not shrinking? Or something you did to fix it? :o

Dinie89 02-17-2013 09:02 PM

I'm in the same vote as you! It's sucks trying to find things to wear lol

bubbleblower 02-17-2013 09:08 PM

Ummmm, some people are just more generously "endowed" than others. I used to be in the same boat, and even when I was thin the smallest I would fit into was a "D" cup. As far as "fixing" the problem, I finally ended up getting a breast reduction. It was one of the best things I've ever done for myself and should have done it years before I did. Beyond the obvious problems with clothes fitting properly, I had major problems with my back that just got worse as I got older.

Dinie89 02-17-2013 09:37 PM

Ya- We will be seeing where I am at the end of ip =)

BrittStar027 02-17-2013 09:37 PM

I've had the exact opposite problem. I think i've lost all 10 lbs in my chest area. Before, this was the absolute LAST place i lost weight. I'm not complaining, it's just strange. My first round of IP i went down two bra sizes but everything was relatively in proportion. I've always been "busty", but this area of loss has surprised me. Thank god i didn't get rid of any of my smaller bras!

leannekarella 02-17-2013 09:45 PM

The very first place I lost weight was in the chest. Sorry, no sympathy for you. I wouldn't worry too much, though. I would guess that it will come off some. But you just might have more there than others. I've always had not enough!:D

IP43 02-17-2013 10:23 PM

The first place you put it on is the last place the weight comes off. I'll assume when you put on weight, it goes to your boobs first right?
I'm with bubbleblower -- had a reduction and very happy with that, for back pain and clothes fitting (plus the girls are hiked back up where they should be :))
I'm sure your DH maybe put in a "request" to the whoosh fairy to leave that area alone! ;)

chubbiegurl 02-17-2013 11:06 PM

Not on ip but my chest has shrunk so much i am between being gratefull and saddened. No mater what size I was I always had big boobs. Now I am pretty straight. We are all made differently, we gain differently so we lose differently. Has your band size decreased? Or are u just staying large on top period.

EPAPRN 02-18-2013 07:17 AM

I have lost about 62lbs and I am EXACTLY the same cup size that I was before. The band size went down from a 42 to a 34.

Every time I have lost weight in the past, I lose it everywhere except my chest!

sonyainva 02-18-2013 07:29 AM

Sadly in the same boat, I do not understand why we are not losing the boobs.

Even my tummy area is losing, boobs are staying put.

have to say i am no longer sporting the dolly parton look.

but would be ecstatic to not have a bra to walk around all day.

my coach tells me it's just fat and will melt away at some point

keep at it, the ladies must abandon us!!!:hug:

Cheekyskeeter 02-18-2013 08:30 AM

I knew mine were shrinking as my bras were feeling a little empty. I went down 2 cup sizes and 2" in the band which is awesome. I'm now at a size I'm extremely happy with so I'm hoping they don't change too much more then this. I just went out yesterday and bought a couple of new bras. It was nice to be able to pick some prettier ones with the smaller size!

bubbleblower 02-18-2013 08:33 AM

I probably should add that I've not experienced any shrinking with IP. I'm still the same cup size I've been since my reduction about ten years ago (when I weighed about 35 pounds more than I do now).

scorbett1103 02-18-2013 08:38 AM

It took me a LONG time before I had to buy new bras. My thighs were also slow to get the message about shrinking - while my hips and waist seemed to be melting away. But EVENTUALLY everything did catch up!!!

Sammie12 02-18-2013 09:01 AM

My coach had told me certain areas would take longer to go down in inches. For me it is my arms they seem to be holding on for every 3 wk wi or 4 I loose an inch. I figure eventually they will catch up

berryblondeboys 02-18-2013 09:55 AM

Well, when you say chest, are you thinking boobs or back fat?

A lot depends on how much fat you put on in those areas. Over the course of my journey, I've lost most dramatically in the waist (and that's where I still need to lose). I simply didn't have a ton of back fat and I had big boobs before gaining weight, so they weren't that kind of fat, but real breast tissue fat. Others, who got boobs from becoming fat or got a lot of back fat will lose more inches there - it's simply a matter of how your body works when gaining weight (and that can change over time).