Keeping Moving Forward

• Well I have received my reward for staying OP !!! Got on the Scale and weighed 117 lbs
    I have noticed I will have a weight loss after every Holiday ,it's Like you stayed true to being OP and here's your Reward!
    I have not weighed for over a week,and have been paying attention to how my pants are fitting.

I reached my goal weight on Jan 31st 2013...and now I have decided to keep going onto a New GOAL! This will be a real slugfest but no guts no glory they say!
    I decided not to start Phase 2 until I have lost all the weight ! So the Journey continues.
    Had a consult with MD and will definitely need a Tummy Tuck ...I have had in past multiple abdominal surgeries and I have needed a surgical scar revision so combining the two makes sense.
    Never imagined I would still be at this ..but here I am...I have tangible goals I have to bang out to move forward.
    Visualizing myself going over the finish line !
    Roo2
  • Amazing Roo!!! Have you been on IP only since November? When you signed up here? Or did you start before then? If and when I lose all the weight I need to lose I think I may need a tummy tuck as well.
  • Roo-
    Just thought I'd share: I had a tummy tuck two years ago after the birth of my two LARGE babies. It was a cakewalk. People try to scare you about the pain...eh. It's easy. There is a GREAT website (realself) that gives GREAT info about plastic surgery if you want info or before/after pics. You are going to LOVE the results...there isn't a DAY that goes by that I don't look in the mirror and appreciate how great my tummy looks.
    So, AWESOME job losing the weight and good luck with the additional pounds and plastic surgery!
  • Woo hoo! Congrats! What new goal are you setting for yourself? I had 125 as my goal but when I reached it I decided I liked 122 better just to have the extra loss for Tom and high sodium days, so my jeans always fit.
  • Congratulations on all your success roo very inspirational. I hadn't looked at your stats last night when we were posting amazing. Must be longer than November?

On another note how much are tummy tucks anyway???
  • Quote: Congratulations on all your success roo very inspirational. I hadn't looked at your stats last night when we were posting amazing. Must be longer than November?

On another note how much are tummy tucks anyway???
    The cost COMPLETELY depends upon the surgeon and the area where you live. I live in the St. Louis area. One dr quoted me $17,000 and another quoted me $6100.

When I looked into it more, the expensive dr is "known" for her tummy tucks. The cheaper dr isn't--he is "known" for his nose jobs. Both were Board Certified (VERY important!). I went with the cheaper dr and have amazing results.

Also, insurance ended up paying for a large portion (i had a hernia repair done at the same time), so the final bill out of my pocket was less than $3000.

Worth. Every. Penny.
  • thanks guys for all the great input.
    I started IP the end of June 2012.
    I think my New Goal weight will be between 112-115 lbs.
    Roo2
  • Roo2...you are amazing! Congrats on your loss and dedication. We all know here how much hard work and sacrifice IP is! It IS hard work! I hope you are silly giddy proud of yourself!
  • Congrats!!! You're amazing!
  • Wow ROo, congrats!!!!! onto the tummy tuck search for you!
  • Wow, Roo! You are an inspiration!