3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Gained weight! D: (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/275752-gained-weight-d.html)

grazi393 02-15-2013 07:43 AM

Gained weight! D:

Its my third week on IP and i've been good, lost 4.5 pounds first week, a little over 2 the second week so that brings me down to 171.8. This week has been really stressful for me because it is my senior year in high school and I am auditioning for Berklee College of Music in 2 weeks, on top of that I take multiple AP courses and work a couple days a week till about 11pm.
On the days I work I drink an extra packet and it would be usually a lower carb one, it is because during the 4 hours I am walking fast, bending down, lifting things up and I usually feel very weak.
I weight myself this morning and I have gained weight! :mad: I am mad at myself but It's just annoying, I want to get down to 145 but prom and other social "senior events" are coming up and I don't want my process to stall any longer.
Someone PLEASE enlighten me :(

WorldTraveleronIP 02-15-2013 07:53 AM

Is it your weigh day? Are you nearing your time of the month and retaining water? As long as you are following the diet, there is no way you can gain weight. Your weight will go up and down throughout the week and water retention is the usual culprit. I know how frustrating it is...all I can say is stay on the program and stay off the scale (except for once per week). Know that as long as you follow the diet, it will work. Give it time, the results are miraculous, but it doesn't happen over night.

Hang in there!

scorbett1103 02-15-2013 07:53 AM

Was it your normal weigh-in day? One thing you CANNOT do especially early on in the diet is weigh in between your weekly weigh ins - UNLESS you are not going to get hung up on the numbers. Your weight is going to fluctuate day to day as well as at different times of the day.

One thing it is NOT is actual weight gain - you have to eat 3500 calories to gain a pound of fat, so unless you went totally off course it's just water weight.

A few things it could be:
- stress induced water weight from a very busy schedule. Drink plenty of water to flush it out

- Your period may be coming. Even if it's not normally your cycle, being on IP can throw things off and you may be getting it now. Again, it's water weight and will take care of itself when TOM is over.

- Constipation. If you haven't "gone" in a while first make sure that you are getting in ALL your water and your oil. These things help keep the works working. If you are, or changing that doesn't help, get some Smooth move (or other senna based) tea. It is IP approved, not too hard on your system and usually one cup before bed clears things up the next day. Just make sure to follow the directions on how long you have to let it steep.

Starshine 02-15-2013 08:24 AM

I got on the scale today and I was up 2 pounds from my weigh in earlier this week. It's TOM, I can feel my muscles recovering from things yesterday and I walked more than usual yesterday too. Add no bowel movement for a day or two, and it points to a gain is just from those things. I haven't cheated, so it's not that.

It can be frustrating to step on the scale in between weigh ins, and it's best not to do it if you'll be stressed if the weight hasn't gone down. I've learned that by experience. :)

maezy1 02-15-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grazi393 (Post 4633998)
Its my third week on IP and i've been good, lost 4.5 pounds first week, a little over 2 the second week so that brings me down to 171.8. This week has been really stressful for me because it is my senior year in high school and I am auditioning for Berklee College of Music in 2 weeks, on top of that I take multiple AP courses and work a couple days a week till about 11pm.
On the days I work I drink an extra packet and it would be usually a lower carb one, it is because during the 4 hours I am walking fast, bending down, lifting things up and I usually feel very weak.
I weight myself this morning and I have gained weight! :mad: I am mad at myself but It's just annoying, I want to get down to 145 but prom and other social "senior events" are coming up and I don't want my process to stall any longer.

First, CONGRATS! you have some major accomplishments with AP and auditioning for Berklee! You are entering the stressful part of senior year (yes I work in a high school) and gearing up for those AP tests in May plus trying to make college decisions and of course leaving high school.This is major stress! Add to it a part time job and you are running constantly. Don't worry about the gain especially if it wasn't your weigh in day. if you have been on program then it will all equal out in a few weeks. Listen to Scorbett and make sure that you get some sleep. Many of my students who are doing what you are get very little sleep and that will definitely affect your weight loss.
YOU ARE AMAZING!!!! What you have taken on is not easy by far. Best of luck with your Berklee audition!!!!!!!

grazi393 02-15-2013 10:54 AM

Thank you so much everybody, i was beating my self up. even though this is a "fast" fat loss program it will still take a bit of time to loose these 30 pounds
getting on the scale is so tempting! ill try my best to wait till weigh ins and also to get more sleep

lisa32989 02-15-2013 11:07 AM

Great advice you've gotten so far
One more thing
Do a little reading about stress and cortisol.
Cortisol inhibits weight loss and contributes to weight gain and it is increased by STRESS!
It is VERY important to get enough sleep, find ways to relax, and NOT stress over weight loss (stay off the scale by only weighing-in weekly!)

Congrats on your accomplishments and enjoy this FUN FUN time in your life!

RareBird 02-15-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grazi393 (Post 4633998)

I can't add anything to what's already been said, but I just wanted to second what Maezy1 said. You are AMAZING! To even have the determination to take this diet on as a high school student indicates how successful you're going to be in your adult life. My 3 kids are a bit older than you and I think they're great kids, but I can't imagine them attempting this at your age with your schedule. Best of luck with your audition!

Chloe222 02-15-2013 01:19 PM

I agree with what everyone here has said, just adding more support. You are doing really well and dealing with some incredible stress. Hang in there! Your persistence will be rewarded.

M35A2 02-15-2013 01:32 PM

My coach has been a little concerned that my last 2 weeks weren't up to her expectations so we reviewed everything I'm doing. She thought I could be getting some unwanted carbs in additional supplements that I'm taking, specifically 2 that have rice as a component. Just a thought in case you're taking vitamins other than the required ones.