Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 06:26 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Friday 2/15/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 02-15-2013, 06:53 AM   #2  
IP attempt #2

S/C/G: 213/213/140

Height: 5'1

Good morning! Mardi Gras and Valentine's Day were big fails for me. Time to jump back on this IP horse! I am getting so close to my goal!

Have a great OP day, everyone!

Oh yeah - today is me and my husband's dating anniversary! 11 years!!!
Old 02-15-2013, 09:03 AM   #3  
Restart IP 9/26/13

S/C/G: 208/185/140

Height: 5'6

My first NSV since staring IP today. Since my coach doesn't measure me a few days after I started IP I decided to measure myself for reference. Measured in today, a month after I took my first measurement and I am down 8 inches!! Woohoo! I haven't been able to tell because I work a lot and I always wear scrubs. Good way to start a Friday! Hope everyone has a great Friday and a wonderful weekend to come!
Old 02-15-2013, 09:29 AM   #4  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Happy Friday everyone! I'm at the first of my two jobs today, waiting for my husband's grandfather to get up so I can make him breakfast and then play with my MIL's sewing machine I found the PERFECT fabric for the quilt backs (making quilts for my kids - I found Lightning McQueen fabric at Wal Mart for the little one and some cool Star Wars Clone Wars fabric for the older boy) and now THEY are getting excited about the quilts too! Guess that means I better get sewing!

I've been trying to figure out why I've had so much trouble getting my brain around putting together P3 breakfasts when I have sailed through P1 meals. I realized it's because I have NEVER been a big breakfast cooker! Breakfast has always been grab-and-go in my house, once in a while I'll do a french toast bake but that's rare. So I had to give myself permission to back off, use the resources that are already here (THANK YOU LIZRR!!) and LEARN how to do P3 breakfasts the same way I've learned to cook - following the darn recipes until I get the hang of it

I have also been gathering my resources for Maintenance, I am going to move to a *mostly* paleo style diet. I feel like that is going to give me the best whole foods diet and reduce the need for me to think too hard about the carb/fat meals
Old 02-15-2013, 09:48 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 279/223.5/150

Height: 5.5'

Hello everyone! I just started the program yesterday and already this morning down 4 lbs..simply amazing to me. I am so excited about this program, carbs have been my downfall all my life so learning to control them will stop all the yo-yo dieting I've been doing for years. A new way of thinking and eating with a bonus new body awaits
I'm so happy I found this site, it is so full of information and the support system among the members is outstanding!
Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-15-2013, 09:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/136.4/135

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning All happy FRIDAY
I finally broke down yesterday and went and bought new bra's and undies. depressing that I have lost in the upper area and I didn't have that much to begin with
I did get a few pretties, I usually just went for the practical but now i want sexy
well weigh in is this afternoon hoping for something good, these last few pounds are being difficult.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:08 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 245/185/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Made the first step!

Just started a few days ago, and it's not so bad. I love the recipe ideas I've found here and looking forward to using so many of them in the months to come. Your little tickers are all so inspiring and motivating!
Old 02-15-2013, 10:20 AM   #8  

Default Leap of Faith

Hey everyone! Happy Friday!
NSV (sorta!). Yesterday I went to a resale shop.

I bought capris & shorts for spring/summer.
The NSV: a leap of faith. None of it fits now! (Pre IP this would have been a HUGE no-no)

In December I bought some pants that fit and one pair that was too snug. The only pair that fits now is the pair that was snug at the time. Everything else is pretty roomy or I'm already putting it in the donate pile.

So, the leap of faith is that I will REMAIN OP and lose the rest of my weight (50 more) and gradually fit into the shorts and capris I bought. I can zip some and some are "close". The ones that zip aren't really wearable yet. But that's how the jeans I bought in December were and they are plenty comfy now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
I have also been gathering my resources for Maintenance, I am going to move to a *mostly* paleo style diet. I feel like that is going to give me the best whole foods diet and reduce the need for me to think too hard about the carb/fat meals
That is my (future -still seems so far away) maintenance plan, as well. My coach and her chiro husband eat mostly paleo and it is the maintenance she endorses. I've been researching it/ half a$$ trying it for several years. Of course I didn't get to 260 by being incredibly successful but I've sure learned a LOT along the way. After IP success, I feel like my arsenal will be more complete to combat obesity for life. I have the knowledge and now I'm building the skills.

I listen to several incredibly informative podcasts on my 45 minute commute. Mostly paleo or natural wellness topics (Underground Wellness is my fav. Balanced Bites for paleo topics)
Mark's Daily Apple blog is wonderful too.
And I just bought Paul Chek's book How to Eat Move and Be Healthy. I heard about it SO.MANY.TIMES on the Underground Wellness podcast, I finally caved. Glad I did.

Last edited by lisa32989; 02-15-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:28 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 245/185/165

LOL - I always buy my clothes too tight - and because of that I will be able to get all the way to my goal without shopping. Hopefully plenty of trips to Goodwill though. . . Good Luck with that summer wardrobe!!
Old 02-15-2013, 10:30 AM   #10  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

My company always has jeans Fridays, but I don't usually wear jeans because I hate the **** muffin top result. I have several pairs of jeans in my closet, but some of them wouldn't zip, others wouldn't button, and others felt like they would split me in half.

Today, I decided to give them a try. THREE PAIRS will now be going to Goodwill because they're tooooooo big.

Also, I am a daily weigher, and today was the first time I saw 199. I can't wait until that leading 1 becomes permanent!

Finally, when I got to work and went into my office, my boss came in behind me and was pantomiming picking something up off the floor. I asked him what he was doing and he said, "Oh, just picking up this weight you're dropping!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxTigers82 View Post
Good morning! Mardi Gras and Valentine's Day were big fails for me. Time to jump back on this IP horse! I am getting so close to my goal!

Have a great OP day, everyone!

Oh yeah - today is me and my husband's dating anniversary! 11 years!!!
Congrats on the anniversary and on getting right back on this IP horse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katkat View Post
My first NSV since staring IP today. Since my coach doesn't measure me a few days after I started IP I decided to measure myself for reference. Measured in today, a month after I took my first measurement and I am down 8 inches!! Woohoo! I haven't been able to tell because I work a lot and I always wear scrubs. Good way to start a Friday! Hope everyone has a great Friday and a wonderful weekend to come!
Awesome! I really wish I had measured when I first started this diet. I know I am noticeably smaller, but I have no idea how many inches I have lost. 8 inches is amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother of the Groom View Post
Hello everyone! I just started the program yesterday and already this morning down 4 lbs..simply amazing to me. I am so excited about this program, carbs have been my downfall all my life so learning to control them will stop all the yo-yo dieting I've been doing for years. A new way of thinking and eating with a bonus new body awaits
I'm so happy I found this site, it is so full of information and the support system among the members is outstanding!
It is an amazing program and, honestly, an even better forum. Brace yourself for the next few days--they might get a little rough. But it's worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Hey everyone! Happy Friday!
NSV (sorta!). Yesterday I went to a resale shop.

I bought capris & shorts for spring/summer.
The NSV: a leap of faith. None of it fits now! (Pre IP this would have been a HUGE no-no)

In December I bought some pants that fit and one pair that was too snug. The only pair that fits now is the pair that was snug at the time. Everything else is pretty roomy or I'm already putting it in the donate pile.

So, the leap of faith is that I will REMAIN OP and lose the rest of my weight (50 more) and gradually fit into the shorts and capris I bought. I can zip some and some are "close". The ones that zip aren't really wearable yet. But that's how the jeans I bought in December were and they are plenty comfy now!
Great NSV!!
Old 02-15-2013, 10:33 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 224/215.8/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Happy Friday everyone! I'm at the first of my two jobs today, waiting for my husband's grandfather to get up so I can make him breakfast and then play with my MIL's sewing machine I found the PERFECT fabric for the quilt backs (making quilts for my kids - I found Lightning McQueen fabric at Wal Mart for the little one and some cool Star Wars Clone Wars fabric for the older boy) and now THEY are getting excited about the quilts too! Guess that means I better get sewing!

I've been trying to figure out why I've had so much trouble getting my brain around putting together P3 breakfasts when I have sailed through P1 meals. I realized it's because I have NEVER been a big breakfast cooker! Breakfast has always been grab-and-go in my house, once in a while I'll do a french toast bake but that's rare. So I had to give myself permission to back off, use the resources that are already here (THANK YOU LIZRR!!) and LEARN how to do P3 breakfasts the same way I've learned to cook - following the darn recipes until I get the hang of it

Scorbett - You've been a weath of information, recipes, and everything...so keep us updated on how the Paleo plan goes for you in maintenance...my DH and I are looking at Paleo/Gluten free-like eating...but I'd love to hear your feedback.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:33 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ojenchilada View Post
My company always has jeans Fridays, but I don't usually wear jeans because I hate the **** muffin top result. I have several pairs of jeans in my closet, but some of them wouldn't zip, others wouldn't button, and others felt like they would split me in half.

Today, I decided to give them a try. THREE PAIRS will now be going to Goodwill because they're tooooooo big.

Also, I am a daily weigher, and today was the first time I saw 199. I can't wait until that leading 1 becomes permanent!
Welcome to Onderland!
Stay off the scale over the weekend and I bet by Monday it'll be a permanent "1"
Old 02-15-2013, 10:38 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 198/184.4/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother of the Groom View Post
Welcome!
Old 02-15-2013, 10:46 AM   #14  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Welcome to Onderland!
Stay off the scale over the weekend and I bet by Monday it'll be a permanent "1"
Honestly...not sure that Monday will be the day. When I was considering starting IP, I thought, "But wait...we have the Rodeo Best Bites thing on Feb. 17. Maybe I should wait until after that to start."

Then I decided that I would start the program anyway but would definitely cheat for Best Bites. (I am on a Houston Rodeo committee that hosts this annual event where ~100 restaurants and ~400 wineries come to Reliant Center and give ticket-holders a taste.) I am definitely not looking for an excuse to cheat and haven't been off plan once since I started, and I have thought a lot about this. I don't intend to go completely overboard and will try to stick to the Atkins-type food items while I am there, but I will definitely have a bite of chocolate pecan pie and a glass of bubbly. Then I will be hardcore OP Monday and thereafter with the goal of being under 200 by official WI on Thursday. If it doesn't happen then, I know it will soon.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:04 AM   #15  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 225/175.5(home) 176.2(IP)/120

Height: 5'0"

I had my first food challenge last night and I think I navigated it well.

Some friends invited me to happy hour so we could discuss this life issue a friend was dealing with and of course I had to go.

I had a packet before I went. I ordered club soda with a lime and drank that only though they pressed a little trying to get me to have a glass of wine or something.

Then we ordered food. I got a mixed green salad, add grilled shrimp, asked them to grill them dry, dressing on the side. I picked the stuff out of the salad I couldn't eat (which coincidentally is stuff I don't like anyway, such as carrots, walnuts [i like these but not on a salad, yuck]). I did use a light scraping of the dressing (dipped a leaf in here or there), which was balsamic vinaigrette.

When I got home, I ate another packet!

I have to admit, they ordered nachos and I looooooooooooooove nachos, but it felt very liberating to make a better choice. I was not caving to the unhealthy choice.

Another reason this was a victory: aunt flo arrived yesterday.
Closed Thread