Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 02:32 PM   #31  
Started IP 01/01/13

S/C/G: H-247/S-187.2/ C-137.2/G-125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTime50 View Post
SylviesGirl,
The first 5days or so are the hardest. Your body is going through carb withdrawal. Trust me/us, it will get better!! I noticed you did not include a restricted item. One of your 3 IP/ alternative foods should be a restricted item. Try replacing the lunch RTD with a bar. I use Pure Protein choc/peanut bars. Also, you can add a salad in the afternoon, in between lunch and dinner. You can also use some of your dinner protein for lunch. Just subtract it from your nighttime meal. If you are really hungry, you can have 2 egg whites sprinkled with sea salt. Dill pickles are also a lifesaver ! Good luck! Come here for support and always ask your questions here in the daily thread. This is where you'll get the best info and the fastest response. Drink your water!!! You can do this!
You mentioned one of your 3 IP/alternative foods should be a restricted, and this was stressed by some posters on another thread yesterday too. I'm a bit confused because I've read that a lot of coaches steer people away from the restricteds to maximize their loss... and a friend who's coach is also a nutritionist said that in her clinic, the restricteds are actually kept on another wall away from the other IP products so as not to tempt people. I guess I'm just trying to establish whether the restricted product is required daily for maximum loss. I don't remember that THE SHEET says it's required. I use them a couple of times a week, and because my losses have been good so far, I'm a bit afraid to start eating one everyday, but if they will improve my losses, I'd be crazy not to! Those Pure Protein choc/peanut bars sure are good... definitely my favorite part of the diet .
Old 02-14-2013, 02:32 PM   #32  

To all the new folks:
Be sure to read the stickies at the top of the forum and check out all the links in the first post of the daily thread. There is LOTS of info there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
My WI today produced another -3lbs. Got to add another little dancing 5 Pounder to my signature line. Also I hit a NSV today. I moved into slacks without elastic...Whoo Hoo
YAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
It says on the Phase 1 protocol sheet to not have restricteds for the first couple of weeks, but I see by looking around here that many people do and have no problem. I just might have to do that.
The newest P1 sheet is from June 2012 and it is clear that it is 1 restricted per day. Some coaches try to tweak the plan but it works just fine on its own, thank you very much. I'm not understanding why they would make it HARDER during the hardest time (the beginning!). Have your restricted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danif View Post
Hi all! I did it I had a restricted food yesterday..boy was it yummy! I did go out of ketosis last night though. Is that normal? I'm back in this morning. So we go in and out of ketosis through out the day?
Are you using ketostix to determine whether you are in ketosis or not?
If so, I have a trash can you can throw them in!
They are highly unreliable for many reasons. First, after a while, our bodies become much more efficient with ketones and BURN them, rather than excreting them so they won't show up in the urine. Additionally, if we drink the amt of water we are supposed to be drinking, we may water it down so much that they only show up a trace, if that.
Toss the stix and trust the program. If you aren't cheating, after day 4 or 5, you are IN KETOSIS!
Old 02-14-2013, 03:07 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

My ticker makes me so happy today....I love being in the 180's!!! WI today I was down 5 pounds.....crazy!!!!! I am feeling super motivated, just can't wait for the rest of this weight to come off....come on goal....you're in my sights Have a wonderful Valentines Day everyone!!
Old 02-14-2013, 03:08 PM   #34  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lose2Win View Post
My ticker makes me so happy today....I love being in the 180's!!! WI today I was down 5 pounds.....crazy!!!!! I am feeling super motivated, just can't wait for the rest of this weight to come off....come on goal....you're in my sights Have a wonderful Valentines Day everyone!!
That has to feel GREAT! Congrats!
Old 02-14-2013, 03:40 PM   #35  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareBird View Post
You mentioned one of your 3 IP/alternative foods should be a restricted, and this was stressed by some posters on another thread yesterday too. I'm a bit confused because I've read that a lot of coaches steer people away from the restricteds to maximize their loss... and a friend who's coach is also a nutritionist said that in her clinic, the restricteds are actually kept on another wall away from the other IP products so as not to tempt people. I guess I'm just trying to establish whether the restricted product is required daily for maximum loss. I don't remember that THE SHEET says it's required. I use them a couple of times a week, and because my losses have been good so far, I'm a bit afraid to start eating one everyday, but if they will improve my losses, I'd be crazy not to! Those Pure Protein choc/peanut bars sure are good... definitely my favorite part of the diet .
You are correct it does not say it is required. The sheet says only 1 is permitted per day.

I would say that since it's allowed and you like them, then go for it.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:47 PM   #36  
Started IP 11/28/12

Hello fellow IPers! I'm so excited!!!!!

Yesterday was week 11 weigh in and I lost 3.8 lbs this last week. That is truly exciting, but even more exciting is that I now have less than 100 lbs to lose before I hit goal. Yes it's still alot, but I figure I only need to do what I've currently done in 11 weeks, about 3 more times and I'll be at goal.

I can do this! I'm also 18 lbs away from my mini goal of losing 20% body weight and 24 lbs away from being under 200 lbs.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:55 PM   #37  
Started IP 11/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
My WI today produced another -3lbs. Got to add another little dancing 5 Pounder to my signature line. Also I hit a NSV today. I moved into slacks without elastic...Whoo Hoo
Great job Texan! Love the NSV as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lose2Win View Post
hehee....your post was so exciting to read with all the exclamation points and dancing carrot!

Isn't it funny how great that ticker can make us feel? It's a constant reminder of how well we are doing and how well IP works.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:10 PM   #38  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:

Thanks!
You're doing just fine Although my personal inclination is to NOT set yourself up for having the same packet every day, every meal - our bodies crave variety and you may find after a while that your body tells you it wants something different by holding onto the fat a bit. Nutritionally you aren't getting anything different packet to packet - but mental satisfaction translates to the body too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mquinn106 View Post
I have a question on Evening Primrose Oil. I had seen something on how beneficial it is for a number of things. I do already take Biotin, Omega 3, and B12 in addition to IP vitamins. Would it help me any to add in the Evening Primrose. More directed add Scorbett our vitamin guru

Hope everyone has a great OP day!
RE: Evening primrose oil - are you thinking of taking it for a particular reason? The only *modestly* verifiable benefits from it are related to PMS and Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Quote:
Okay, thanks, gals. . . I can't tell you how much your reassurance means.

It says on the Phase 1 protocol sheet to not have restricteds for the first couple of weeks, but I see by looking around here that many people do and have no problem. I just might have to do that.
It actually DOESN'T say that anywhere on the Phase 1 protocol sheet that is directly from IP. Some coaches seem to steer people away from restricteds for various reasons - some seem to think it will "help" the weight loss (it won't - the restricteds are DESIGNED to work within the confines of the diet), some have clients avoid them because they are basically sweets and snacks - trigger foods for some people. Regardless, you can have one per day if you want to. Some find they actually lose better if they have one every day.

Quote:
Hi all! I did it I had a restricted food yesterday..boy was it yummy! I did go out of ketosis last night though. Is that normal? I'm back in this morning. So we go in and out of ketosis through out the day?
NO KETOSTIX! If you are drinking enough water you will show no ketones. Toss 'em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareBird View Post
These coaches, they make me crazy!!!

The diet works, it doesn't need to be "tweaked" for "better" losses. No, restricteds aren't required, but the diet is DESIGNED to include them. So if you want one, have one. Every day if you want. There have been plenty of times that restricted is what kept me sane during the diet
Old 02-14-2013, 04:15 PM   #39  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Ahhhh....I have a few minutes to spare, decided not to go to work today...started off with a 6.5-mile run, observed at my sons speech therapy, volunteered at his preschool Vday party, now a leisure lunch at home and decided to run to Old Navy and see what the maternity rack sales are good! Hope everyone has a great OP day!
Old 02-14-2013, 04:31 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 198/184.4/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ojenchilada View Post
I talked to my doctor about this (He worked for years in an obesity research facility), and he said he completely endorses this plan, and because we are maintaining plenty of protein intake, it won't send us into starvation mode. I heard people saying "Trust the plan," but I needed a second opinion.

Woohoo!!

Yay! I also had WI this morning and lost three pounds -- and couldn't agree more about the value of the answers, recipes, and inspiration here.

Go back into your signature in the User CP, look for the code where it says something like 200/150/175 -- and change the last number to your current weight.
I did and it didn't work!!! Why do I find this site so not user friendly!!! I lost weight and want to see it go down on the ticker....
Old 02-14-2013, 04:53 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

[QUOTE=SylviesGirl;4633309]
I figured I was so hungry that just EVOO + salt would be good enough . . . I was wrong . . . hungry as I was, that didn't fly very well.
QUOTE]

Actually I've been using Grapeseed oil with a few splashes of real-lemon and it tastes darn good!
Old 02-14-2013, 05:07 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
I did and it didn't work!!! Why do I find this site so not user friendly!!! I lost weight and want to see it go down on the ticker....
Did you click the "edit" button first?
You can then select "preview" to ensure things look the way you want
Old 02-14-2013, 06:19 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

Happy Valentines everyone. Just sitting down to some tea and getting away from those damn valentine cupcakes I made for the kids/family today. First time baking and it was HARD. As well as those made a giant fruit tray with french cream dip for sons class. Props to those of you who work with sweets on a regular basis (Scorbett????). I love to bake, but have steered clear. So today I just did a boxed cake which I never do and then had my son (8) be the taste tester for the icing. Icing was hardest to get through. So hard not to lick a finger. Off to weigh in about 20 minutes so really really hoping for results after getting through that.

On another note tried the mug cake and wondering if anyone else feels the way I do about the cakes/cookies.....I prefer the batter before it's baked. I know, kind of gross, but way tastier to me.....
Old 02-14-2013, 07:43 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

My coach told me that IP is coming out with UN-RESTRICTED brownies and chips some time in May or June!
Old 02-14-2013, 09:09 PM   #45  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
My coach told me that IP is coming out with UN-RESTRICTED brownies and chips some time in May or June!
I hope they are soy & gluten-free!
Closed Thread