Old 05-08-2013, 12:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 303/212.6/180

Height: 5"10

Angry dear motivation...please come back!

I feel like I am failing. Back in march I had my first cheat ever. And it has been a slippery slop since. I just feel like I am lazy and not very motivated anymore oven though I haven't reached my goal. I get myself back on track and then I let myself go. I am frustrated with myself because I do not have the commitment like I did back in November. Anyone have any encouraging words on how to stop myself from being so stupid! I don't want to give up and I just need a slap in the face I think from my fellow IPers. I know what I am doing is wrong but my self discipline got left somewhere along the way. I am embarrassed but I want to own up to this problem I am creating for myself.
Words of harsh reality are welcomed! Because my pep talks are not going as well as I hoped.
I just want to be back 100% op and conquer this silly mishap that has gotten out of control!
ckmainprize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:30 AM   #2  

Personally, I don't think you need a whack. You're already beating yourself up enough.

How about some accountability?

Suggestions
1 Post on the What are you eating today thread & be completely honest or
2 join MFP and friend a bunch of us there. Share exactly what you're eating every day. Be honest! Or
3 go back to your coach for support or
4 join the 100% thread, post there honestly every day. Nothing Ike 100%ers to keep you accountable

We all know losing weight is a mental challenge, not a physical one. You gotta get your head back in the game

I have a friend who says a cheat is like one cockroach in your house. You never have just one and if you're not careful, pretty soon you're infested.

Good luck. You CAN do this!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:36 AM   #3  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Think about where you have come from and how much weight you have lost!

You might also want to try something new. Join a gym, perhaps. Or start running. Exercising, something I never thought I would do even when I was 50lbs down, has really boosted my motivation.

Watching what I eat boosts my motivation to exercise, and exercising boosts my motivation to watch what I eat. It's great.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 303/212.6/180

Height: 5"10

Thank you for your support. I am starting over today and going to start mini goals again so I can restart my mind process.
Goal 1- be 100% today
I started a jazz exercise class which I loved but I injured my knee and it's been a nightmare. So hoping to get back to that soon
ckmainprize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:59 AM   #5  
Just keep swimming!

S/C/G: 216/196/140

Height: 5'4"

You've lost over 90 lbs which is pretty damned amazing. Just speaking for myself (and this is part of my planning this summer) it might be a nice change of pace to just phase down to maintenance and stay there awhile, feel that out, and then when you feel like you can devote yourself again hop right back into phase 1 to lose the rest. There are people who can do this diet for a year or more really dedicated and that's great, but that just isn't everyone. I know that's not me at all.

But OTOH, I can understand if you have particular goals that have a time deadline (like be under 200 lbs for a certain upcoming vacation, event, etc.).

Here's some cliches which may or may not work depending on your personality:

Anytime you want to cheat, just remember how much it'll cost to buy the extra packets of IP food, extra coaching sessions, etc..

The bad food doesn't love you back.

Cheating is only cheating yourself.
ferrousgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:27 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 265/154/165

Height: 5' 8"

CK - you should be really proud for even acknowledging that you're struggling and reaching out for help. It's so important not to face these kind of challenges alone.

Just throwing this out there - is it possible that these cheats happened because... you're scared?

My many years of dieting have been marred by a bad habit of self-sabotage. The weight would start coming off, and just when I was starting to feel and look better, the cheats would start.

I would tell myself I had no self-control, or that I just loved food too much.

But I didn't realize I was doing this on purpose. I didn't realize I was scared to lose my fat, that I'd worn for so long as a suit of amour to protect me against the world (even though it did nothing to protect against myself.)

I was scared being thin would make me vulnerable, both physically and mentally. I was scared I'd lose friends who valued the fat, funny me. I was scared to be in a relationship again. Etc etc ad nauseam.

The reason behind your cheats could have nothing to do with self-sabotage, but since you were brave enough to ask for help, I just wanted to raise the possibility.

Regardless, congratulations on making a commitment again and we're all here for you!
JenJen444 is offline   Reply With Quote