Can you check in salad on a flight?

• Have a trip coming up, I am a fussy eater.

So planning on buying a salad from Pot Belly the night before and carrying it in my carry on, is this allowed?

many thanks
  • yup it is.
  • I have seen people bring full meals on planes, so I can't imagine they would throw your salad away.
  • People bring all kinds of food on the plane...definitely allowed.
  • Good job planing ahead!
  • Pre-IP our go to meal on flights over 3 hours was a homemade turkey bagel sandwich. (bagel sliced in half, 2 slices of provolone cheese, turkey meat or deli slices, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds and sprouts). We would always get asked where we bought it in the airport. Now I travel with an emergency bag of like Proti-Thin Sour Cream & Onion Soy Snacks and nobody asks where I got those....
  • Glad to hear these answers! I was wondering what I was going to do about my flight coming up. I figured I could take food, since they only seem to be picky about liquids, but I even use the 3 oz bottles for my "eat out kit" that contains IP friendly ketchup, bbq sauce and salad dressing.
  • shouldn't be a problem. Just watch if you have salad dressings. You have to have liquids in a one-liter plastic bag and you can't have more than 100ml per container.
  • Salad went thru fine (they kind of laugh at it).
    Delicious yoghurt and strawberries made at home (P3), uh, no.
    They let me exit the line, eat it as fast as I could, and gave me kind of cuts in line to go back thru. (Small airport, not a very long line)

Other people had yoghurt for their kids, but it was the sealed in a container kind (couldn't tell if they bought it at the gate or tried to check it).

Packets of all kinds go thru easily. I usually just bring the shaker empty, then fill it with water once you are at the gate to make a shake or pudding.

Some airports will sell mostly compliant salads (pick off what you must) or have a subway as a restaurant. There is an ap on android, has gate in the name, that can help with restaurants at the larger airports. (It's not that great so I think I deleted it.)