3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Gadget suggestions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/275634-gadget-suggestions.html)

DontGiveUp17 02-13-2013 12:27 PM

Gadget suggestions
 
Good Morning Everyone! I was wondering if any of you had suggestions on a gadget to make zuchini, cucumber or squash spaghetti. I see a few gadgets out there but wanted to see if anyone had a good experience with any of them. Thanks for any suggestions! Have a wonderful day!! :D

Desafinado 02-13-2013 12:42 PM

Well, I dunno about a gadget, but you can get a spaghetti squash and just use a fork to pull the strands out.

DontGiveUp17 02-13-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desafinado (Post 4631908)
Well, I dunno about a gadget, but you can get a spaghetti squash and just use a fork to pull the strands out.

Yes, I love spaghetti squash but it's a little higher in carbs then zucchini and yellow squash. So I wanted to try some zucchini spaghetti. I do love spaghetti squash though and it's very easy to make! ;)

amandie 02-13-2013 12:55 PM

I haven't tried it yet but I read that you can either use a mandolin slicer with a julienne blade or a regular cheese grater using the biggest holes to make zucchini/squash "pasta" spirals. Another possibility is a serrated hand-held peeler/grater. I tried it with just a knife but I don't have the patience nor the skill to cut them very nice and thin as I'd like, LOL.

Desafinado 02-13-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DontGiveUp17 (Post 4631915)
Yes, I love spaghetti squash but it's a little higher in carbs then zucchini and yellow squash. So I wanted to try some zucchini spaghetti. I do love spaghetti squash though and it's very easy to make! ;)

Oh. I hate yellow squash, always have. My Granny tried all kinds of ways to make it to try and get me to eat it. Nope. Nasty. LOL

Alma4343 02-13-2013 01:10 PM

I thought of buying several gadgets that I have seen. But, I just use the carrot peeler, figured I didn't need another gadget. But, here is one that looked interesting:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Silverfire 02-13-2013 01:23 PM

I second the mandolin. It's a really handy tool for the kitchen. Look for one with different settings or blade plates. You can slice and dice in no time flat!

DontGiveUp17 02-13-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desafinado (Post 4631956)
Oh. I hate yellow squash, always have. My Granny tried all kinds of ways to make it to try and get me to eat it. Nope. Nasty. LOL

LOL! I know how you feel! I actually have grown to love it but when I was younger, I would only eat it fried. ha!!

DontGiveUp17 02-13-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alma4343 (Post 4631957)
I thought of buying several gadgets that I have seen. But, I just use the carrot peeler, figured I didn't need another gadget. But, here is one that looked interesting:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ooh.. this one looks easy and small! Might have to try this one. Thanks so much for all of y'alls recommendations!! :hug:

TripSwitch 02-13-2013 02:06 PM

I have one of these...

http://www.surlatable.com/product/PR...701&origin=pla

It works well for what you want to do...

KitKat169 02-13-2013 02:13 PM

I have a mandolin with different blade options. I use it for zucchini spaghetti noodles and also for flat style zucchini lasagna noodles. It allows me to make it different thicknesses depending what I want to use them for. For zucchini chips in the dehydrator, I make the slices quite thin but lasagna noodles a little thicker. It works great for cucumber noodles too if you are making a salad a different more fun. One blade also does the crinkle cut like you see with carrots but could do with other veg like zucchini too.

my31rewards 02-13-2013 02:51 PM

I have this and it works great.

http://www.pamperedchef.com/ordering...&outletSubCat=

NinjaNurse 02-13-2013 02:53 PM

Mandolin and a peeler that Juliennes.



http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/asse...512949731p.jpg

PS: As much as I love it, Spaghetti squash is not allowed on phase 1.

DontGiveUp17 02-13-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KitKat169 (Post 4632109)
I have a mandolin with different blade options. I use it for zucchini spaghetti noodles and also for flat style zucchini lasagna noodles. It allows me to make it different thicknesses depending what I want to use them for. For zucchini chips in the dehydrator, I make the slices quite thin but lasagna noodles a little thicker. It works great for cucumber noodles too if you are making a salad a different more fun. One blade also does the crinkle cut like you see with carrots but could do with other veg like zucchini too.

Thanks so much for the information! A mandolin might be a good idea for lasagna noodles too! :hug:

RareBird 02-13-2013 04:10 PM

I'm not normally a gadget person, but thinking for IP to work for me it had to be as quick and easy as possible, I bought this:

http://www.amazon.com/World-Cuisine-...ref=pd_sim_k_2

I haven't used it a lot yet, but so far it's been great, and it got great reviews.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:07 AM.



Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2