Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 01:00 PM   #31  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Had to take off my wedding ring and put it in the jewelry box before I lose it. First time in 13 years it's been off my finger, but I don't feel so bad about it. I'm down to only one pair of jeans that fit (because I shrunk out of the rest) and I'll need to go buy some smaller undies very soon!

Yesterday was the first day in a VERY busy "away from home" week, and though I didn't get in my 3 packets of IP food (got in 2) I stayed on plan, my carbs were not high, my protein was sufficient, and my calorie count was only over by about 100. Thank God for Subway salads!

Today I'm packing my lunch bag better and should be 100% OP. This isn't so bad!
Old 02-13-2013, 01:00 PM   #32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizJazz View Post
Good afternoon all!
Weighed in today -4.4 pounds, -20.8 pounds in 4 weeks! Woo hoo! I souls be able to stop wearing my maternity clothes in about 5 more pounds.

My only issue is that I feel very weird. Kind of light headed, cloudy thoughts, my eyes feel like they are jittery. I definitely wasn't getting enough salt, so I fixes that. I am totally OP and am eating all my food and drinking all my water. Is there anything else I can do? I really don't know how much longer I can take feeling like this as I have 2 young kids to take care of.
It'll pass. Make sure you're getting all your oil, too.

Congrats on your success
If it doesn't pass, check with your doctor and have your thyroid checked, among whatever else s/he may want to test.

Last edited by lisa32989; 02-13-2013 at 01:01 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:01 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 198/184.4/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
restricteds are part of the program!
Many people here have found through trial and error that they do BETTER with a restricted per day and a little more fat than the program calls for. So be SURE you are having your fat every day...not just cooking with it but actually putting 2 tsp ON your food.
A small increase (which is what you had) can be attributed to MANY things, including weighing at a different time, wearing different clothes, water retention from eating more sodium or from inflammation from an injury or illness, eliminating less than usual (or just general bathroom issues)

I actually had a bigger loss one week when I INCREASED salad consumption, after not eating any for a while.

These clinics that make the program HARDER than it is designed drive me absolutely

The last thing I'm going to say is that weight loss progress is neither linear (always going in one direction) NOR is it only measured on the scale. What did the measurements say? How about body fat? I almost always have a measurement reduction, even if I have little-to-no loss (or one week a slight gain, which I charted as zero loss)

We have to give this program time to work. Do the math. What is your average weight loss? Mine is over 2 lbs per week since I started at the beginning of August. NO OTHER plan I've ever followed gave me these consistent results. Look at my signature. The journey is not a picture of perfection but the result is GREAT!
Thanks!! I did lose an inch and a half and my fat did come down...OK, what you said made sense...thank you! How do I put the ticker on my posts??
Old 02-13-2013, 01:04 PM   #34  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBP View Post
Good Morning. I am a newbie to IP (on day 13) and am down 8 lbs! I am finding the most difficult time during the day for me and hunger is between breakfast and lunch time. I drink copious amounts of water during this time, but struggle with hunger each day. I typically have a chocolate or cappuccino drink for breakfast, but am wondering if I should switch it up a bit. Any tips would be great welcomed. Thanks in advance!
I tend to eat a big breakfast. My filling favorites are... I make egg fu yung with the IP omelet mix. (I know, not really breakfast...) but it's super filling and it keeps me held over until lunch. I also make using alternative products... I mix a packet of HealthSmart plain pancake, and plain oatmeal, add lots of cinnamon and vanilla, and then just enough water to make a nice thick pancake batter. Makes 2 pancakes, and they're HEARTY. Then there's another one left over for tomorrow, so it's 2 birds one stone. (I actually make them at night when I'm not starving so they're ready to go in the morning) Eat with WF pancake syrup.

I cannot exist on a liquid breakfast. I don't make it an hour before my stomach is howling.

Last edited by leannekarella; 02-13-2013 at 01:05 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:17 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 198/184.4/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danif View Post
Thanks!! I did lose an inch and a half and my fat did come down...OK, what you said made sense...thank you! How do I put the ticker on my posts??

came down!
Old 02-13-2013, 01:52 PM   #36  
Reboot May 29, 2017

S/C/G: 250/250/180

Height: 5.4

Quote:
Yes! I did everything I was supposed to. It is so discouraging. The week before I lost 4 pounds. Its so strange because 3 days ago I got on the scale at home and it said 182.6 then the next day it was up a pound and the same today which brought me to plus .2 ounces on the clinic scale this morning. How can it show a 2 pound loss 3 days ago and then a gain today!!! Frustrated!! I did purchase a restricted box...kind of scared to eat it. My clinic does not recommend eating the restricted until you reach your goal but I am going to have one and see if it changes things for me.
What? I've been having restricted food from the start!!! AND I'm loosing!!!
Old 02-13-2013, 01:59 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 211/202/150

Height: 5'10

Hey Ladies!

I'm new to all this (started IP two weeks ago). My first WI was last week and I lost 7 lbs! Needless to say... I was shocked. I trained for a 5K in the fall for two months and only lost about 5.

Today was my second WI and I lost 2 lbs. The inches keep coming off so I'm not totally discouraged. Is it common to have a lower amount of weight loss following a week with a higher than usual number? I feel like yes but wanted to see what everyone's experience had been.

Thanks! you guys are awesome
Old 02-13-2013, 02:08 PM   #38  
Started IP 1/12/13

S/C/G: 267/ticker/167

Height: 5'5

So I went for my 5 th WI ..down 1 lb ( notice how I didn't say only . )I wont lie, I am disappointed BUT Im also very congested and I have not eaten enough veggies for the last few days. So , Im just moving forward with the program..as fast as time has been flying by lately it will be my next WI in the blink of an eye.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:09 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 224/211/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannekarella View Post
I made the cauliflower rice 4 days an a row. Fried rice, then using it as a filler for stuffed peppers. LOVE IT! I am going out today to try and get some celery root to try some fries or chips. I love the rutabaga fries.

I LOVE cooking, and this is so exciting. Things I never, ever would have done before IP! Family loves them too, which is a HUGE plus, because I was worried about cooking for them.
That sounds great! Can you tell me where you found the recipe for the Cauliflower Rice? Thanks!

Last edited by jlnelson; 02-13-2013 at 03:51 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:53 PM   #40  
Started IP 11/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Amazing that we lose the weight EVERYWHERE, not just in our chest, waist, hips, legs, arms

My rings are all loose. People have to change shoe sizes.
Everything changes.

If you don't believe EVERYTHING changes, I'm going to share a pic that was shared on FB yesterday...even our INSIDES change! This is about WAY more than cosmetics. So stop worrying about loose skin and lose the weight!

Forwarded:

Body scan of 250 pound woman and 120 pound woman. Now granted not everyone is 120 lbs its just about perspective. If this isn't motivation to lose the weight, I don't know what is!! Note to self: Look at the size of the intestines and stomach; how the knees are rubbing together; the enlarged heart; and the fat pockets near the brain.

OMG that's absolutely incredible and a bit frightening all at the same time. Look at the ankle bones and how they are almost collapsing on the larger woman.

That's some major motivation! Thanks for sharing.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:28 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Tell me "HOW" if you are being good that you can gain weight, my Fitness Pal says everyday that I am not eating enough, so if you have not consumed enough, let alone 3500 extra calories, HOW oh HOW can it be?
Old 02-13-2013, 04:36 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
So today was the start of 6 weeks on ideal protein. I did not have any restricted foods this week, followed the plan and I gained .2 ounces!! How does this happen...getting discouraged.
me too I am post meno and hypothyroid, so I know it is a slow go, but to gain doesn't seem possible.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:01 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 247/239/170

Quick question. I tried looking for the answer in past threads but couldn't find anything. Does the alternative lemonade taste the same as the IP Lemonade you purchase at your clinic?? I buy my stuff in a clinic but online is cheaper. Just wondering if anyone have tried both?? Thank!
Old 02-13-2013, 06:20 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 280/260/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannekarella View Post
I tend to eat a big breakfast. My filling favorites are... I make egg fu yung with the IP omelet mix. (I know, not really breakfast...) but it's super filling and it keeps me held over until lunch. I also make using alternative products... I mix a packet of HealthSmart plain pancake, and plain oatmeal, add lots of cinnamon and vanilla, and then just enough water to make a nice thick pancake batter. Makes 2 pancakes, and they're HEARTY. Then there's another one left over for tomorrow, so it's 2 birds one stone. (I actually make them at night when I'm not starving so they're ready to go in the morning) Eat with WF pancake syrup.

I cannot exist on a liquid breakfast. I don't make it an hour before my stomach is howling.

I agree, I need something more substantial in the morning. I make a crispy cereal or proti diet pancake with 2 egg whites or an omelette with spinach.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:27 PM   #45  
Started IP 2/8/2013

S/C/G: 290/187/110

Height: 5'1"

I have question.Is sausage allowed?It wasn't on the list of meats I was given.
Closed Thread