FutureMe for motivation

• Has anyone tried writing themselves emails to the future as a motivational tool? FutureMe is a website where you can write yourself an email now and have it sent to yourself in the future. I just started writing myself monthly emails to remind myself why I am starting this journey. I just wanted to share this tool with everyone, and I was wondering if anyone else has tried this?
  • That sounds cool, I might gave that a try Thanks for sharing!
  • I have a time capsule we open at our anniversary -- it's a nice reminder of the past. Guess I could "look forward" a bit
  • What a great idea...thanks
  • Cool! I didn't know about this site, but the idea sounds wonderful.
    The only thing I've ever done like this was in 8th grade our English teacher had us write a letter to ourselves and then he gave it to us right before we graduated High School as a Senior.
    I love the idea regarding feeling healthier.
    Thanks for sharing. Jen

Is this free? What heading did you go under on the site??
  • That's a good idea! I started this diet right after New Year's and I hid gift cards for clothing stores, notes, pictures, magazine clippings in our holiday storage bins for next Christmas. I liked that idea so much I went into the fall/Halloween and summer bins and did the same Hopefully I'll forget about it and be surprised!
  • Quote:
    Is this free? What heading did you go under on the site??
    Yes, it is free. When you go to the website go to: Write a Letter to the Future. Type in your email, write your letter, and then choose when you want your letter sent!

I sent myself monthly emails for the next year.
  • I love Future Me, I have been using it on and off for years, nothing like getting an email from yourself to help motivate you