Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 03:51 PM   #46  
Started IP 11/28/12

Yesterday was my weigh-in finishing my 10th week on IP. I can't believe it's been 10 weeks! Even with TOM visiting this week, I lost 2.2 lbs (my body seems to really love that number)! And I've officially lost 30 lbs!

10 more lbs and I can buy the next charm for my Pandora charm necklace. I'm buying one charm for every 20 lbs. I orginally thought one charm for every 10 lbs, but I would end up with 14 charms which might look a little crazy for one necklace.

Also, I've had the best week. Two other dieters have emailed me telling me how much they have enjoyed my blog/recipes and one said she was going to give up after two weeks, but then saw my blog through Pinterest and stuck with it. It made me feel so good to have helped other people through my own experience and really made my day! That's how I feel about this forum as well. Being able to share our experiences, provide support and learn from each other is so empowering!
Old 02-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #47  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberjules View Post
Yesterday was my weigh-in finishing my 10th week on IP. I can't believe it's been 10 weeks! Even with TOM visiting this week, I lost 2.2 lbs (my body seems to really love that number)! And I've officially lost 30 lbs!

10 more lbs and I can buy the next charm for my Pandora charm necklace. I'm buying one charm for every 20 lbs. I orginally thought one charm for every 10 lbs, but I would end up with 14 charms which might look a little crazy for one necklace.

Also, I've had the best week. Two other dieters have emailed me telling me how much they have enjoyed my blog/recipes and one said she was going to give up after two weeks, but then saw my blog through Pinterest and stuck with it. It made me feel so good to have helped other people through my own experience and really made my day! That's how I feel about this forum as well. Being able to share our experiences, provide support and learn from each other is so empowering!
awesome WI and NSV!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylunk View Post
I love being pleasantly surprised and need to vow not to step on a different scale before weigh in. What I thought was going to be maybe a pound turned out to be 3.4lbs and 3 inches. Very happy right now. Things are working!

Does anyone know if when the sig weight tracker appears in your quick links if it means you can start with the signature. I still don't see it in user cp? I guess I will just keep looking there until it arrives?????
After you have been on for 20 full days and posted 20 times, in your User CP you will see an option to "edit signature" appear. That's when you can add a tracker and such Your official join date is 1/21 so you should see your signature option show up sometime Sunday or Monday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
Apparently I need to learn to read more when shopping. Everyone is talking about Smooth Move Tea so I go to the store and get a box. The problem is when I got home I discovered they were caplets not actually tea. Guess we'll see if these work as well.
LOL...I've never tried the caplets, I just find Smooth Move in the regular tea section hidden by the Celestial Seasonings It might take a little longer to kick in but senna should work no matter how you get it in your body.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:00 PM   #48  
Started IP 11/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
ROFL Lisa you will appreciate this

So I was definitely dealing with a little "C" issue - had some Smooth Move tea yesterday morning and it definitely did it's job.....all afternoon and straight up until bedtime

Well after that grand resolution to my problem, I figured I'd step on the scale this morning to see how much of an effect it had.....and lo and behold.....159.2 lbs!!!!

I am not going to call it done since I am sure the scale will fluctuate between now and my next Wednesday WI, but man that was a nice number to wake up to!!!! But I feel pretty confident that I can start planning my first Phase 2 day one week from today
A big congrats on the unofficial/offical weigh-in!!!!! Holy cow...67 lbs gone, at goal, and ready for Phase 2!!! I'm so excited for you! How are you feeling? Nervous, excited, concerned about Phase 2-4?

You're such an inspiration and I really appreciate how you are always helping everyone out and being so positive.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:02 PM   #49  
Started IP 11/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberjules

awesome WI and NSV!!!

I had to go look up NSV...lol. Had no idea what that was. Yes, it was a beautiful NSV!
Old 02-07-2013, 04:23 PM   #50  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

I just had my 4th WI today and in 4 weeks I've lost 14 lbs and 8.5 inches. So happy!!!
Old 02-07-2013, 04:28 PM   #51  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betterthings View Post
I was pretty excited this morning when I stepped on the scale and saw 159.8. It's nice to see the 150s. That's 9.4 pounds in four weeks. I'm glad that I am doing this program. I slowly feel like I am claiming myself back!
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberjules View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekyskeeter View Post
I just had my 4th WI today and in 4 weeks I've lost 14 lbs and 8.5 inches. So happy!!!
Y'all are killing it! Way to go!
Old 02-07-2013, 04:34 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 181/137/136 Start: 11/28/12

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betterthings View Post
I was pretty excited this morning when I stepped on the scale and saw 159.8. It's nice to see the 150s. That's 9.4 pounds in four weeks. I'm glad that I am doing this program. I slowly feel like I am claiming myself back!
WOOT! WOOT! GREAT JOB!
Old 02-07-2013, 04:41 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 280/260/180

Height: 5'7

Congratulations Scorbett, Lisa, Amberjules and all! Scorbett I was happy to hear the time to goal went quickly for you. I hope it does for me too. so is the consensus that smooth move tea is the better choice over novi lax? I have had to take one of those every night! It works, and doesn't have me trotting at all. I just wonder what you guys think.
I am pleased to report I had a 4 lb loss this week, I have officially lost 20 lbs and 19 inches! I am going to buy myself a 20 dollar bouquet of flowers.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:48 PM   #54  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glover girl View Post
Congratulations Scorbett, Lisa, Amberjules and all! Scorbett I was happy to hear the time to goal went quickly for you. I hope it does for me too. so is the consensus that smooth move tea is the better choice over novi lax? I have had to take one of those every night! It works, and doesn't have me trotting at all. I just wonder what you guys think.
I am pleased to report I had a 4 lb loss this week, I have officially lost 20 lbs and 19 inches! I am going to buy myself a 20 dollar bouquet of flowers.
On a scale of pure economy, I'd buy Smooth Move ($5 for a box of 16 tea bags) over spending the money on the novi lax any day of the week. There's really nothing in the ingredients of novi lax that are superior or unique and in my opinion there are equally effective, much more economical ways of dealing with the regularity - even if you broke down the individual active ingredients and bought psyllium husks, aloe juice and prunes separately.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:01 PM   #55  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 225/175.5(home) 176.2(IP)/120

Height: 5'0"

Teamwork is da bomb! I have a friend/coworker who is on the program (she actually introduced me to it) and today I ate my lunch earlier than usual and ended up hungry with nothing to eat. Pinged her, she passed along a vanilla shake and now I'm all good.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:24 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 280/260/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
On a scale of pure economy, I'd buy Smooth Move ($5 for a box of 16 tea bags) over spending the money on the novi lax any day of the week. There's really nothing in the ingredients of novi lax that are superior or unique and in my opinion there are equally effective, much more economical ways of dealing with the regularity - even if you broke down the individual active ingredients and bought psyllium husks, aloe juice and prunes separately.
You're right it's pricey. Thanks for the tip. I will look for it next time I get to the store. Doesn't look like it will be tomorrow, big snow coming. Hope you guys don't get pummeled by it.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:30 PM   #57  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 225/175.5(home) 176.2(IP)/120

Height: 5'0"

I'm just four weeks in so still getting my rhythm, but I'm puzzled about the disregard of inches lost when the scale hasn't moved or only moved slightly. I guess for me (at this point anyway, who knows down the road when I hit a plateau or something) a loss is a loss is a loss. Is that not the way to think of it?
Old 02-07-2013, 07:28 PM   #58  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Just started up the ol' snowblower! Expecting 24-30 inches of snow
School is cancelled for tmr....now if only I could get hubby to work from home.

How does one get prepared for a storm while on IP? Bread? Nope. Milk? Nope. Peanut butter? Nope! Lol!! I actually made batches of the pasta with chopped veggies. And made a meatloaf! Hopefully we don't lose power! Purchased a generator last fall so we should be good to go!!

Quick question regarding Wuv's Choc Bark recipe. Can we have it on P1? I'm confused about using cocoa powder. Thx!!

Be SAFE all who are in the path of this upcoming storm!!
Old 02-07-2013, 08:13 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 227/189/150

Height: 5"4

So after reading all the alternative info and also about some clinics going up on price I finally placed an order for alternatives. With me and my daughter both doing IP I have definitely felt the crunch in my money. The results are great I can't complain but if I can save and still get the same results then I'm all for it.
Week 5 WI tommorow I am praying for ONDERLAND!
Old 02-07-2013, 08:36 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Height: 5'5"

HUGE CONGRATS SCORBETT!!
Closed Thread