3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Soda Stream? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/275202-soda-stream.html)

crazynette826 02-06-2013 11:30 PM

Soda Stream?

Has anyone used a Soda Stream to make your own soda? The diet flavors are made with splenda, although the dark one's do contain phosphoric acid, so I'd definitely stay away from those. I even thought maybe carbonate water, and add Mio to it. Would that be ok on this diet? Or should I stay away from the carbonation? I've been missing my soda the most on this diet, but don't want to screw anything up.

scorbett1103 02-06-2013 11:32 PM

I have had my Soda Stream for quite a few years now, I do use a few of the drink mixes as an occasional "treat". I haven't found that the carbonation affects me at all, and I stick to the lighter diet mixes.

Wild wire 02-06-2013 11:55 PM

I mix up a peach/mango IP drink with just 4 oz of water then I add bubbly water to it slowly. Once I have added the bubbly water I stir it with a spoon. I used to add juice to my soda stream bubble water all time so this way I don't feel like I am missing anything.

Dinie89 02-07-2013 12:15 AM

I have one as well- really love the clear favors before IP I have wondered about making carbonated water with mio as well I don't miss pop as much as the bubbles sensation

crazynette826 02-07-2013 10:08 PM

Thanks for the info. It really is all about the bubbles! Love them. I think I will try it with Mio tonight.

sas 02-07-2013 11:04 PM

Soda stream also has flavors that do not have splenda or any sweetener at all that you can add to bubbly or regular water. It is a different bottle and packaged with 3 small glass bottles. I have seen it at target, Bed Bath and Beyond, and Macy's. I still have to give them a shot, but a great idea.

scorbett1103 02-07-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sas (Post 4625883)
Soda stream also has flavors that do not have splenda or any sweetener at all that you can add to bubbly or regular water. It is a different bottle and packaged with 3 small glass bottles. I have seen it at target, Bed Bath and Beyond, and Macy's. I still have to give them a shot, but a great idea.

Those are the "Fruit essence" flavorings - I was NOT a fan, they tasted more artificial than I was ok with - but some may like them more than I did.

MustangMolly 02-08-2013 08:04 AM

Great Topic! I have been wondering the same thing about using Mio in the soda stream. I don't have one but if your's works out let us know!

scorbett1103 02-08-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MustangMolly (Post 4626073)
Great Topic! I have been wondering the same thing about using Mio in the soda stream. I don't have one but if your's works out let us know!

There should be no issue at all using Mio in the carbonated Soda Stream water - the Soda Stream syrups are pretty much exactly the same thing :)

kileymed13 02-08-2013 12:07 PM

My husband uses Mio as his flavoring every day. He loves it!! I am not a fan of carbonation so I don't tend to use it.

crazynette826 02-08-2013 01:17 PM

Very yummy!! My favorite is the Dasani Drops pineapple coconut. Even more delicious with bubbles!

KitKat169 02-08-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorbett1103 (Post 4625892)
Those are the "Fruit essence" flavorings - I was NOT a fan, they tasted more artificial than I was ok with - but some may like them more than I did.

I like the lemon lime one but agree the raspberry and orange are not good. I also use the powdered true lemon or true lime packets in my Soda Stream water.

MustangMolly 02-08-2013 04:38 PM

Okay, I am going to buy a soda stream this weekend!

justducky2 02-20-2013 06:08 PM

Great idea with the TrueLemon and TrueLime - thanks! I like the natural flavors and sweeteners, I don't do artificial!

M35A2 02-20-2013 06:39 PM

We don't have a SodaStream but one of the things we do to bubble things up is mix in some Cascade Ice. The Lemonade works well in the Orange Drink Mix and the Coconut is excellent in the Pina Colada Mix. We usually only add about 4oz to flavor it up more.