Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 10:28 AM   #46  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekyskeeter View Post
Thanks! I'm stuck home today due to a huge snowstorm so I'm making use of my extra free time and cleaning out my closet of my big baggy clothes. No more hiding for me!
Oooh, good idea! I expect to be snowed in too and I have bags of small clothes that I was going to donate but never did...maybe I will do some "shopping" this weekend! I really can't remember what's in those bags!
Old 02-08-2013, 12:00 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Thanks Monica! I will check out dr bernsteins site. I also order from Nashua.

I got yet another "you've change your hair" comment! . I just smile and say yes thanks!!! LOVE it!!
Mompattie - LOOK HOW SKINNY YOUR FACE HAS GOTTEN! You look fantastic
Old 02-08-2013, 12:10 PM   #48  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Got my weekend planned out - with the snowstorm coming I had to plan on being called into work tomorrow and I already picked up overtime on Sunday. That means 3 meals and snack all out of the house, so I packed up as much as I could ahead of time! The kids and hubby are hunkered down for the bad weather, plenty of food, snacks, movies and games

I weighed myself yesterday and this morning - 159.2 both days! I also noticed I've been hungrier in the afternoon than I have been....so I think I may start Phase 2 today. If that is the case I'd end up doing about a week and a half on P2 before moving to P3, which is fine by me. I noticed that my measurements have not really changed in the last month, and I know that a few more pounds will probably come off in P2/P3 so I'm feeling ready. The nice thing is, because P2 just changes lunch from a packet to protein, it's something I can decide without planning ahead much.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:42 PM   #49  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Got my weekend planned out - with the snowstorm coming I had to plan on being called into work tomorrow and I already picked up overtime on Sunday. That means 3 meals and snack all out of the house, so I packed up as much as I could ahead of time! The kids and hubby are hunkered down for the bad weather, plenty of food, snacks, movies and games

I weighed myself yesterday and this morning - 159.2 both days! I also noticed I've been hungrier in the afternoon than I have been....so I think I may start Phase 2 today. If that is the case I'd end up doing about a week and a half on P2 before moving to P3, which is fine by me. I noticed that my measurements have not really changed in the last month, and I know that a few more pounds will probably come off in P2/P3 so I'm feeling ready. The nice thing is, because P2 just changes lunch from a packet to protein, it's something I can decide without planning ahead much.
Congrats, Scorbett for making goal!!! You'll rock P2/P3/P4!

Last edited by Starshine; 02-08-2013 at 12:42 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:24 PM   #50  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekyskeeter View Post
I just want to say I think you all look great and are a great inspiration to me. I've never posted on this thread but have been reading it regularly. I started IP on January 11th and have been 100% OP the entire time. I lost 32 lbs two years ago doing a low carb diet with a nutritionist but had put back on 15 of that after I stopped going to her and stopped eating properly. Decided to start this year off right and while doing some searching online found out about IP. Made an appointment and started right away. I'm down 14 lbs and 8.5 inches in 4 weeks and feel great! It's nice to know that even once I get to my goal weight and I'm in maintenance I'll still have this site for advice. You guys are awesome!
Welcome to the 100% group. Look forward to chatting with you more!

Quote:

Congrats on the WI and decision to move to P2. I was reading your posts in maintenance and think that it is a good idea to spend some time on P2. I did two weeks when I phased out in the fall but this time will probably go somewhere between 1-2 weeks depending on where I fall. I found that I needed to lighten up my lunchtime proteins in order to manage or a combo of that and decreasing dinner to 6 oz. So for lunch I ate more fish, tofu and eggs and saved chicken, pork, beef, etc. for dinners.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:34 PM   #51  

Joysh: 70!
I'm taking this 10 at a time so that is my next minigoal.

Quote:
2 days in a row! yippee!!!
I've been super hungry too! Made some adjustments yesterday and made sure I had my extra packet to compensate for exercise. We walked a TON in Ft Lauderdale but I didn't really have much extra.

I know there are others here who are close to goal. My mom did about her last 5-10 on P2 b/c she was sick of packets and just needed a change. Her losses stayed about the same. Just an FYI for all of you who are super-close.

Last edited by lisa32989; 02-08-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:33 PM   #52  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

Congrats scorbett on making it to goal!!!
Old 02-08-2013, 04:55 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 232/177/145

Height: 5'5"

Default Price increases

My clinic has always charged $30 per box, except for the mango RTD which is $35. The admin fee was $9, payable at each weekly visit. Now the admin fee is $60 per month, due the first week of each month. You pay the full fee even if you need to postpone an appt for vacation, illness, etc.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:03 PM   #54  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post
Congrats on the WI and decision to move to P2. I was reading your posts in maintenance and think that it is a good idea to spend some time on P2. I did two weeks when I phased out in the fall but this time will probably go somewhere between 1-2 weeks depending on where I fall. I found that I needed to lighten up my lunchtime proteins in order to manage or a combo of that and decreasing dinner to 6 oz. So for lunch I ate more fish, tofu and eggs and saved chicken, pork, beef, etc. for dinners.
Thanks for the input! I was kind of thinking the same thing - maybe reducing my meat portions to 6oz instead of 8 if it got to be too much. I usually premake a bunch of chicken (hubby is on a bodybuilding diet so that makes it easier on him to get his protein in) and I love my canned tuna so lunches won't be too tough. I've never been a big tofu eater but that may be a nice change up from the usual!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
2 days in a row! yippee!!!
I've been super hungry too! Made some adjustments yesterday and made sure I had my extra packet to compensate for exercise. We walked a TON in Ft Lauderdale but I didn't really have much extra.

I know there are others here who are close to goal. My mom did about her last 5-10 on P2 b/c she was sick of packets and just needed a change. Her losses stayed about the same. Just an FYI for all of you who are super-close.
Thanks!! I'm curious to see how my body reacts
Old 02-08-2013, 06:29 PM   #55  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

It's funny how different each coach seems to be. Mine charged a fee when I joined, but now I only pay for food $4 a pack. RTD shakes and puddings cost more. I'm glad I don't pay weekly.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:58 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Hi IP friends-
Looks like the 100% board is moving slow this week.

sahmmommy2-how nice that you got that compliment!
scorbett-congrats on consecutive days of goal!

Lots going on with me diet-wise this week. I moved to phase 3. I've done 3 full days in phase 3 and neither lost nor gained so far, though my body fat % has suddenly fallen a few points, per my health o meter scale, and pants are looser. I decided to go to phase 3 for 2 reasons. First, I leave for that 8 day Disney trip with the 30 kids in the morning, and I'm very nervous about having the energy to keep up with them. If I go with the option of phase 3, then I can have a few more calories and carbs to help me. Second reason, my hair is falling out like crazy; I feel like I need to try to slow it. It's shocking and a bit scary. I have been taking biotin for over 2 weeks, 20,000 mcg per day but it hasn't slowed yet. My hairdresser said the effect from taking boitin usually doesn't show up until near the end of first bottle, and I'm not there yet. Don't know what I'll do when I get back next Sunday. I'll have options to go back to phase 2, or even 1 for the last few lbs. So much depends on the hair loss. I thought it would slow after a few weeks but it accelerated pretty dramatically. I am very nervous about it. I always took the thread title "I'd rather be fat than bald" as tongue in cheek, but doesn't sound like a joke anymore. Wish me luck, don't know how much I'll be able to check in over the next 8 days, so I need to pack you all in suitcase & take you all with me!

Last edited by Nolawhodatchick; 02-08-2013 at 08:59 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:21 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by petchef View Post
My clinic has always charged $30 per box, except for the mango RTD which is $35. The admin fee was $9, payable at each weekly visit. Now the admin fee is $60 per month, due the first week of each month. You pay the full fee even if you need to postpone an appt for vacation, illness, etc.
That is a lot!
Old 02-08-2013, 09:41 PM   #58  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Scorbett- Congrats!!!! That must feel really good to be at goal.

Nola- I hope phase 3 stops the hair loss for you. I think that would freak me out too.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:09 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post

Nola- I hope phase 3 stops the hair loss for you. I think that would freak me out too.
Thanks, I hope so too. This last week, I've really been alarmed at the acceleration. I was hoping maybe it just seemed worst to me and maybe it really didn't show as bad as I thought. But my hairdresser confirmed my alarm when she saw how much was coming out I never lost hair during or after pregnancy, so I thought I'd be ok on the diet with my hair.

ETA my sweet son just reminded my that I'm adding years to my life by getting healthy, and that the hair loss is temporary

Last edited by Nolawhodatchick; 02-08-2013 at 10:16 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:39 PM   #60  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
...Second reason, my hair is falling out like crazy; I feel like I need to try to slow it. It's shocking and a bit scary. I have been taking biotin for over 2 weeks, 20,000 mcg per day but it hasn't slowed yet. My hairdresser said the effect from taking boitin usually doesn't show up until near the end of first bottle, and I'm not there yet. Don't know what I'll do when I get back next Sunday. I'll have options to go back to phase 2, or even 1 for the last few lbs. So much depends on the hair loss. I thought it would slow after a few weeks but it accelerated pretty dramatically. I am very nervous about it. I always took the thread title "I'd rather be fat than bald" as tongue in cheek, but doesn't sound like a joke anymore.
I hear you on the hair loss worry. It's why I actually stopped IP before Christmas because I was really very concerned.When I look in the mirror, I see a head shot -- it's not a "full lengther" so I only "see" my fat in pictures etc. But my HAIR I see daily, and it's kinda my vanity -- not too grey yet. The crows feet are comin', the firm parts are falling, but when I see and feel a full head of hair, I feel youthful still. Seeing those "handfuls" come out was scary. I even started seeing a hormone dr. because of it.

Things seem better this time around, but I'm not as diligent, and losing much slower, but I think part of it is me holding back and testing the "hairloss" waters. It's one way to get the scale to go down, but I'd rather just have a trim thank you very much.

Let me know if the biotin works. I keep looking for it, but haven't seen it in the places I've gone. I'm going to a health food store next week, so will check there.

Congrats tho' on your great progress!
Closed Thread