Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 11:37 PM   #121  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Howdy IPeeps! Still cruising along growing a baby bump, almost 11 weeks now. I officially unbuttoned my pants today (secured with a rubber band) - I could still zip up the size 2s if I wanted to, but the waist is definitely getting a little tight and I am moving more towards maximum comfort! I spilled the beans to my folks, work, and running group - slowly letting other friends & family know before Facebooking anything. We find out the sex the week after next.

My dad is here this week, which is great - I am still having 'morning sickness' at night, but it should only last another 2-4 weeks, then the magic 2nd trimester! I've been keeping up with my running 25miles/week, slacked a little on my weightlifting class, but that was mostly due to catching up on sleep - the little guy woke me up at 12am and 3:30am this morning...I skipped Bodypump @ 9:30am due to massive sleep deprived headache. I am making it up tomorrow afternoon though.

Hope everyone had a great weekend...time to catch up on all the latest!
Old 02-11-2013, 12:02 AM   #122  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Lizz -- I'm so excited for you and the "bump" (I lovingly think of him as Tran now that I'm an IP Aunt for him -- let me know if it's a girl but to me he's Tran)
I didn't have a chance to be a birth mom -- had to adopt -- but I wouldn't have your energy for all that exercise! Is that much a good thing? Please know I'm not being critical. I just feel like I want you to "rest" and put your feet up. It's what every one says when you're pregnant "Sit down dear, rest, take a load off, let me get you a herbal tea...." Be sure you're letting people spoil you rotten while you can
Old 02-11-2013, 09:25 AM   #123  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Liz, that is so exciting!!! Time to go shopping for some cute maternity clothes! When I first started to show I got button extenders so I could at least stay in my regular pants for a little longer - it's basically an elastic loop with a button on one end, you loop the elastic around your regular button and use the extender button to give yourself an extra inch or so in the waist
Old 02-11-2013, 09:29 AM   #124  
Diane on track July 2014

Sadly, you could borrow some of my stretch jeans later -- I'm sure they'd be maternity clothes on you! LOL

My friend got those "belly bands" or whatever they are that are supposed to look like a long shirt sticking out over your pants "As seen on tv" I'm sure.... helped her use her own clothes longer too

Last edited by IP43; 02-11-2013 at 09:30 AM.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:27 AM   #125  

S/C/G: 250?/146.6/160?

Height: 5' 7 1/2"

Liz, so nice to hear from you again! Great on keeping up with your running and exercising. And have a great time with your uncle.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:01 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Well so I finally have a day off... work is busy and driving me crazy. Went and saw my family last time I was off and I am unsure why I was surprised but I know I was hurt at the lack of support from my father who likes to say well you may gain it all back....!!! NO REALLY THAT NEVER OCCURRED TO ME It really gets to me sometimes. Plus what has not helped is my week and a half stall in weightloss. Now before someone gets upset by me saying that, I know that a true stall is much longer but I am changing up me routine as I think after 5 months my body has gotten used to my food choices as I did not have enough variety. I am 100% and nothing is changing that but add up all the things going on at once can get me mad/sad/depressed all at the same time, not to mention my hormones are going crazy lately which all don't help weightloss I know. So to cheer myself up I went and got my hair done. I figure if I look good I will feel better....sigh
Old 02-11-2013, 03:36 PM   #127  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
Well so I finally have a day off... work is busy and driving me crazy. Went and saw my family last time I was off and I am unsure why I was surprised but I know I was hurt at the lack of support from my father who likes to say well you may gain it all back....!!! NO REALLY THAT NEVER OCCURRED TO ME It really gets to me sometimes. Plus what has not helped is my week and a half stall in weightloss. Now before someone gets upset by me saying that, I know that a true stall is much longer but I am changing up me routine as I think after 5 months my body has gotten used to my food choices as I did not have enough variety. I am 100% and nothing is changing that but add up all the things going on at once can get me mad/sad/depressed all at the same time, not to mention my hormones are going crazy lately which all don't help weightloss I know. So to cheer myself up I went and got my hair done. I figure if I look good I will feel better....sigh
Oh Monica, I'm sending you hugs!! I know how hard it is when the ones you hope to support you let you down. But you have done an amazing job so far and nothing he says can take that away! I was told years ago that sometimes we have to BE the parent we wish we had...

As far as mixing things up, it seems to me that you have been doing this long enough to know what you need to do! And you'll always have great advice from Lisa and Scorbett to guide you!

And you look amazing! I love seeing everyone's pics as they evolve into the beautiful butterflies we were all meant to be! Keep up the good work!! We'll be here to give you a boost when you need it!!
Old 02-11-2013, 04:19 PM   #128  
Diane on track July 2014

I agree Monica -- your pic is great. I hate to point out the obvious, but you're having a super stressful emotional week = maybe not helping with the weight loss right? BUT on the good side, big emotions often mean lots o' estrogen comin' out of those cells so maybe the whoosh wench is on her way to see you soon!

BTW the other way to relieve stress would be to reward yourself with a MASSAGE as well as hair do! That's my Rx for the situation! (Dr.Di signing off now)
Old 02-11-2013, 05:15 PM   #129  

Quote:

Oh, Sweetie, I'm so sorry about the lack of support. You have it from me! I know you can do this, and if and when you gain any of it back, you'll know how to take it off again. It's part of life.

Maybe give the body a bit more time, Monica, to see if you're truly in a stall or not. I know how frustrating it can be. All the stress may be affecting your loss.

And love the hair cut! You look so cute!!!!
Old 02-11-2013, 05:47 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Oh Monica, I'm sending you hugs!! I know how hard it is when the ones you hope to support you let you down. But you have done an amazing job so far and nothing he says can take that away! I was told years ago that sometimes we have to BE the parent we wish we had...

As far as mixing things up, it seems to me that you have been doing this long enough to know what you need to do! And you'll always have great advice from Lisa and Scorbett to guide you!

And you look amazing! I love seeing everyone's pics as they evolve into the beautiful butterflies we were all meant to be! Keep up the good work!! We'll be here to give you a boost when you need it!!
Thanks so much sometimes we all need that boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
I agree Monica -- your pic is great. I hate to point out the obvious, but you're having a super stressful emotional week = maybe not helping with the weight loss right? BUT on the good side, big emotions often mean lots o' estrogen comin' out of those cells so maybe the whoosh wench is on her way to see you soon!

BTW the other way to relieve stress would be to reward yourself with a MASSAGE as well as hair do! That's my Rx for the situation! (Dr.Di signing off now)
I would love a message, but I will have to wait till I have time to get to the city to get one or maybe I could bribe my DH lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
Oh, Sweetie, I'm so sorry about the lack of support. You have it from me! I know you can do this, and if and when you gain any of it back, you'll know how to take it off again. It's part of life.

Maybe give the body a bit more time, Monica, to see if you're truly in a stall or not. I know how frustrating it can be. All the stress may be affecting your loss.

And love the hair cut! You look so cute!!!!
I definitely will give my body the time it needs it was just one more thing adding to my little stress pile. It happens to all of us at times. Thanks so much for the compliment.

Sorry for my negativity ladies just sometimes you need support from those who are going thru some of what you are. I am also having 2 wisdom teeth pulled at the end of the month and the last time I had it done it was a long complicated experience with a painful recovery that no one expected and that is also stressing me out, plus I am trying to plan ahead for that day food wise as well as the worse case scenario for the recovery days. It will all work out in the end.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:26 PM   #131  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

Quote:
Hang in there! Just wanted to say how much I LOVE your avatar picture and your new haircut. Yes, DH's are ok at giving massages, but go get yourself a real one by a professional. They'll last a lot longer! Jen
Old 02-11-2013, 06:33 PM   #132  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
I would love a message, but I will have to wait till I have time to get to the city to get one or maybe I could bribe my DH lol
This is meant as a compliment so please take it that way -- with the BEAUDACIOUS TA TAS in your pic there, I think you DH is chompin' at the bit to give you a massage! That really is a lovely avatar picture
Old 02-11-2013, 09:41 PM   #133  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
I feel your frustration. My mom does the same to me. At first I said "let me lose it before you have me gaining it back" and then later I went to "it doesn't help me by you suggesting I'll gain it back. You could help though by supporting me and keeping me accountable". Most of the time, she is now careful to say more positive words. This week though she started with "I wouldn't get rid of all the bigger clothes because I would need them for when I gained back". I replied with saying that if I gave away all the bigger clothes then I couldn't as easily gain weight and find things to fit - going out shopping for a larger size would signal to me to get back on program. It seemed to work.

And yuck, wisdom teeth. I didn't have too many problems with mine but definitely you will want softer foods for a bit. Shakes, puddings and veggie purees. You could do egg or tofu proteins or just substitute a couple non-restricted IP packs instead of your evening protein. A little planning and you'll be set.

I'm back home tonight and more confused than ever. The trip went better than I hoped for so lots to consider. I'm off to take a bed and hopefully sleep well.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:52 PM   #134  
Diane on track July 2014

Sleep well KitKat -- decisions are often better after a good night's sleep! The fact you came all this way means you may be thinking a change is a good thing. Is there any "trial" period? Can you take a 3 month leave from your current job to try things out? If you end up near the University in Toronto, you may be able to sublet a student apartment for a few months as a "trial" when the kids get out of school and go off for jobs/home for the summer -- it could be cheaper with less commitment than a lease....
Old 02-11-2013, 10:32 PM   #135  

Quote:
T

Sorry for my negativity ladies just sometimes you need support from those who are going thru some of what you are. I am also having 2 wisdom teeth pulled at the end of the month and the last time I had it done it was a long complicated experience with a painful recovery that no one expected and that is also stressing me out, plus I am trying to plan ahead for that day food wise as well as the worse case scenario for the recovery days. It will all work out in the end.
Ah, don't worry about the negativity, Monica. It happens to all of us. Life is what it is.

I so hope the wisdom teeth are less painful this time, and you sail right through recovery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post
I'm back home tonight and more confused than ever. The trip went better than I hoped for so lots to consider. I'm off to take a bed and hopefully sleep well.
Glad your trip went well, KitKat. But sorry for the sate of confusion. I hope a good night's sleep brings you some answers in the morning.
Closed Thread