Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 02:36 PM   #106  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Thanks for the kudos everyone - Believe me when I say it wasn't easy toward the end (sleep deprivation was REALLY trying to talk me into eating JUST ONE OREO) but I am THAT MUCH stronger for not having given in. That's the trick I think - we win these little battles and bit by bit we take power away from the food. We are stronger, and the food is less important
One look at the LABEL of those things should put a screeching halt to any thoughts of eating one....unless the on your shoulder wins. Luckily, you had an IP on your other shoulder reminding you that stuff is BAD for you! If we're having an indulgence, make it a flat-out-FABULOUS one (after goal, of course, which is where you are). Which means oreos or hospital pastries would be out. These are not flat-out-fabulous. Just as we plan our healthy food, indulgences will probably need to be planned (in my future) as well.
You rocked it in the face of adversity and overcame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post
It's true that once you've handled a stressful or sleep-deprived situation once and you can acknowledge your success it becomes much easier to handle it in future. I have just finished reading the chapter in the Beck Diet Solution about giving ourselves credit for what we've done right, not just beating ourselves up over what we've done wrong. This leads to more positive habits in future.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! Focusing on the positive and treating ourselves with love and respect. Dr Tran talks about it in his new book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
I actually believe that i might make it to maintenance one day!
Me too, maezy, me too. We WILL do it! No maybes!

Last edited by lisa32989; 02-10-2013 at 02:36 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:38 PM   #107  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beck81 View Post
I like to make frosting for my muffins. I mix WF chocolate, caramel or marshmallow dip in any combination and sometimes I put in some PB2 in. I also make brownies out of them putting them in a pie plate. A good combo is oatmeal and vanilla or cheesecake pudding with cinnamon and frosting with caramel dip and apple butter (warm in microwave to soften). A couple crushed soy puffs on top are tasty too!

Ok, I think I have to go make some now!
I've been on a frozen RTD kick lately. Blend with some ice cubes and tastes like a Wendy's frosty (without the guilt!)
Old 02-10-2013, 02:43 PM   #108  
Started IP 4/23/12

S/C/G: 232/129/132

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I've been on a frozen RTD kick lately. Blend with some ice cubes and tastes like a Wendy's frosty (without the guilt!)
Lisa, do you freeze the rtd first and then blend with ice or just blend with ice?
Old 02-10-2013, 02:48 PM   #109  
Started IP 4/23/12

S/C/G: 232/129/132

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
So because my phase-off plans got derailed by the blizzard, today was my first "official" day on Phase 2. I made a Steak Fajita salad for lunch (7oz beef roast sauteed with garlic and fajita seasoning, 2 cups green/red peppers on lettuce with a little WF ranch dressing) and I am STUFFED!!!
Congrats Scorbett on getting to phase 2! Are you going to do the 2 weeks? P3 breakfasts just around the corner!

I don't have any friends on MFP but wouldn't mind having you as one for advice. I'm always over on protein but under on calories.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:28 PM   #110  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:
So because my phase-off plans got derailed by the blizzard, today was my first "official" day on Phase 2. I made a Steak Fajita salad for lunch (7oz beef roast sauteed with garlic and fajita seasoning, 2 cups green/red peppers on lettuce with a little WF ranch dressing) and I am STUFFED!!!
Congrats on your first official day of Phase 2, Scorbett! I love fajitas on lettuce. Yummy.

Last edited by Starshine; 02-10-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:31 PM   #111  

Quote:
Lisa, do you freeze the rtd first and then blend with ice or just blend with ice?
Just blend in my Magic Bullet or Vitamix
If you froze it first, it would be too hard!
Old 02-10-2013, 05:53 PM   #112  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Congrats Scorbett on getting to phase 2! Are you going to do the 2 weeks? P3 breakfasts just around the corner!

I don't have any friends on MFP but wouldn't mind having you as one for advice. I'm always over on protein but under on calories.
I'll probably end up doing about a week and a half on P2 - I was going to start on Thursday but I got a bit derailed because of the blizzard. I actually ended up doing a P2-ish day on Saturday but had a big protein meal at breakfast and my packet at lunch. Had to work with what the hospital cafeteria was offering

I'm on MFP with the same name I have here
Old 02-10-2013, 06:36 PM   #113  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Sound fantastic! I'm going to have to make one of those.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:28 PM   #114  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
O....M....G!!!!! Just made this!!! Thank you so much!!! It's absolutely delish!!!!
Old 02-10-2013, 07:30 PM   #115  

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post
O....M....G!!!!! Just made this!!! Thank you so much!!! It's absolutely delish!!!!
I hardly ever use a packet without an embellishment of SOME kind
Wendy's frosty, right?
Old 02-10-2013, 07:56 PM   #116  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Wendy's frosty, right?
EXACTLY!!
Old 02-10-2013, 08:39 PM   #117  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Evening everyone. I had a good flight to Toronto with my packed lunched. Dinner at my friend's place was shrimp and chicken stirfry. All the veg were OP but there was a bit of sauce on the meat I didn't question. There was very little protein though, about 3 oz. and maybe 1 cup veg. Of course others had rice but not my plate. So in getting to my hotel now I'm hungry. I had my planned bar snack and 1/2 of the muffins from tomorrow's breakfast plus 1 baggie of zucchini chops (1 cup fresh). I looked at the breakfast menu already so I know I can have a veggie omelette in the morning instead. I brought an extra peach mango drink packet in case I end up needing a little more too.

Things happen, be prepared, don't stress and all will be well. I only had a small time to talk about the job interview I'm here for - actually it is more a sales job to get me to agree because it's mine if I say yes. The outline of the job sounds ideal, it's a really cool company with lots of opportunities. The only bad point is having to move to Toronto area. Sorry to those that live there but coming from a different life in Vancouver then Winnipeg, it was never of any appeal to me. And I'm not sure I can afford it.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:03 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 286/148/160

Height: 5'7"

Scorbett-

Way to stay strong and make good choices.

I do think each time we make a good choice and feel success it reinforces our confidence in our ability to not let the food win - and it helps us the next time we are tested to make another good choice.

You are an inspiration! Glad for you to be starting phase 2.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:03 PM   #119  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Best wishes Kit Kat -- I have 'job stability' and am never unappreciative of that. sometimes I wish for adventure, but the feeling soon goes away That's why I'm lookin' forward to my IP cruise -- it's the only adventure (not) heading my way soon. However, if you DO move to TO, we will have an IP lunch somewhere -- my treat! We'll meet at the lowcarb grocery store in Markham and go from there
Old 02-10-2013, 10:05 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Congrats on starting P2 Scorbett!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post
Evening everyone. I had a good flight to Toronto with my packed lunched. Dinner at my friend's place was shrimp and chicken stirfry. All the veg were OP but there was a bit of sauce on the meat I didn't question. There was very little protein though, about 3 oz. and maybe 1 cup veg. Of course others had rice but not my plate. So in getting to my hotel now I'm hungry. I had my planned bar snack and 1/2 of the muffins from tomorrow's breakfast plus 1 baggie of zucchini chops (1 cup fresh). I looked at the breakfast menu already so I know I can have a veggie omelette in the morning instead. I brought an extra peach mango drink packet in case I end up needing a little more too.

Things happen, be prepared, don't stress and all will be well. I only had a small time to talk about the job interview I'm here for - actually it is more a sales job to get me to agree because it's mine if I say yes. The outline of the job sounds ideal, it's a really cool company with lots of opportunities. The only bad point is having to move to Toronto area. Sorry to those that live there but coming from a different life in Vancouver then Winnipeg, it was never of any appeal to me. And I'm not sure I can afford it.
Sounds like you did a great job staying OP. It's definetely a challenge at someone else's house, but sounds like you did great. Good planning really helped.

Sounds like a big decision coming up. At least you didn't run into anyone at the Winnipeg airport? I think it would definetely be much more expensive to live in Toronto than Winnipeg, but much more comparable to Vancouver. I'm sure everything will be fantastic, no matter what decision you make.
Closed Thread