Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 07:54 AM   #211  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
Good morning 100%, : I have been not been looking in on the form the last few days as I have been crazy busy at work, but I had to share with you all that this morning my scale said 199.9!!! What makes me even more impressed is I continued to lose even while working which very rarely happens with all the running around for 12hrs straight. I am so excited!!!! I am really starting to see my stomach go down which is definitely my problem area for letting go of the fat. I have been sharing my journey somewhat with my facebook friends, and I have found out recently that my losses have inspired more then a few to loss weight as well . That makes me feel great that people are seeing such a positive in my journey. I have said many times I would not have done anywhere near as well without all of you ladies!!!
WOOOHOOOOO!!! ONEDERLAND!!!!
Old 02-15-2013, 08:14 AM   #212  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:
Good morning 100%, : I have been not been looking in on the form the last few days as I have been crazy busy at work, but I had to share with you all that this morning my scale said 199.9!!! What makes me even more impressed is I continued to lose even while working which very rarely happens with all the running around for 12hrs straight. I am so excited!!!! I am really starting to see my stomach go down which is definitely my problem area for letting go of the fat. I have been sharing my journey somewhat with my facebook friends, and I have found out recently that my losses have inspired more then a few to loss weight as well . That makes me feel great that people are seeing such a positive in my journey. I have said many times I would not have done anywhere near as well without all of you ladies!!!
Oh, Monica, you are an inspiration! A zillion congrats for getting to ONEDERLAND! And wonderful that you are starting to lose the belly fat. It took me a long while to do that too, but it does come off.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:58 AM   #213  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

Congrats on Onederland Monica!!!!
Old 02-15-2013, 09:24 AM   #214  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
It wasn't super thick, but I used shredded cabbage - after it's been cooking all day it gets kinda mushy and thickens things up
Great idea!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Happy Friday! Weigh in this morning!

Good news...my coach told me IP is coming out with a NON-RESTRICTED brownie and chips some time in May or June!
Sounds awesome!

Quote:
AWESOME ONEDERLAND!!!!!!!. Way to go Monica!!!!
Old 02-15-2013, 09:34 AM   #215  

Quote:
I made an AMAZING beef stew tonight - rutabaga, cabbage, celery and onions....sooo good and filling! Only 1 cup of veggies in the serving of stew, so I got to have 1 cup of sliced jicama with cinnamon and WF caramel sauce
Any qualms about cooking with onions, Scorbett? This does sound great. Of course, being a Veggie, I'd add in seitan instead of beef. I think I'll be trying this for sure.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:30 AM   #216  

Ugh
Cheats on the daily today. So glad I have all of you non-cheater/excuse makers!
Thanks for being there. This diet is hard enough, I don't need to make it any harder by making excuses why I can't stick to it.
If I can do it after developing hypothyroid and cutting out almost all of the IP foods I loved, I just don't wanna hear the whining/complaining.
The in me wants to say, "Quit yer b@@@@ing and DO it!"

So, this week, my orders for Simply Chips and (carefully selected) Quest Bars arrived. Not all the Quest Bars will work well but after carefully reading ingredients, I chose many from the "natural line" that will work. I can't do the IP bars or Simply Bars. They have soy. Today we're having a baby shower at work for one of our therapists. Cupcakes. None of the over-abundance of sweets at school bothered me yesterday.
I'm taking my stir fried veggies for lunch and a Quest Bar.
Mio for water in case I want something else sweet.
I probably won't but planning is the key.

Quote:
I had to share with you all that this morning my scale said 199.9!!! What makes me even more impressed is I continued to lose even while working which very rarely happens with all the running around for 12hrs straight. I am so excited!!!! I am really starting to see my stomach go down which is definitely my problem area for letting go of the fat. I have said many times I would not have done anywhere near as well without all of you ladies!!!
Yay! Hurray! Welcome to Onderland!

Doesn't it feel mahvelous?
For me it was yet another mini-goal but somehow a "bigger" mini goal.
Some mini goals were just a goal to meet, observe & move on
Onderland was one I REALLY wanted & the stupid scale really made me wait for it...
So glad you're noticing more changes!

Last edited by lisa32989; 02-15-2013 at 11:00 AM.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:08 AM   #217  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
Any qualms about cooking with onions, Scorbett? This does sound great. Of course, being a Veggie, I'd add in seitan instead of beef. I think I'll be trying this for sure.
Oh goodness no. I posted a while back with a link to a VERY good blog post that breaks down the chemistry of caramelization. Short story is that the sugars we want to avoid in P1 from onions CANNOT be created by low heat cooking. Not all chemical reactions are equal. The sugars are created at high heats, but cooking in a crockpot or simmering (when the onions get soft but stay white/translucent) does NOT create the long chain sugars.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:15 AM   #218  

Quote:
Oh goodness no. I posted a while back with a link to a VERY good blog post that breaks down the chemistry of caramelization. Short story is that the sugars we want to avoid in P1 from onions CANNOT be created by low heat cooking. Not all chemical reactions are equal. The sugars are created at high heats, but cooking in a crockpot or simmering (when the onions get soft but stay white/translucent) does NOT create the long chain sugars.
I missed that post! Do you still have the link?
Old 02-15-2013, 11:20 AM   #219  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I'm at a different computer so I don't have my bookmarks, but I can check late tonight when I get home from work to see if I saved the page. If I can round it up with the *ahem* FANTASTIC search function on 3FC I'll post it sooner
Old 02-15-2013, 11:26 AM   #220  

Quote:
If I can round it up with the *ahem* FANTASTIC search function on 3FC I'll post it sooner
LOL!
It certainly is QUIRKY!

Last edited by lisa32989; 02-15-2013 at 11:26 AM.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:46 AM   #221  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Apparently the 3FC search gods are smiling on me today, found the post! Here's the link from it:

http://commonsensescience.wordpress....aramelization/
Old 02-15-2013, 02:01 PM   #222  

Quote:
Quote:
Apparently the 3FC search gods are smiling on me today, found the post! Here's the link from it:

http://commonsensescience.wordpress....aramelization/
Thank you, Scorbett! That gives me some yummy ideas.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:13 PM   #223  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenRem View Post
KitKat - that looks delish! Please, share the recipe. Thanks, Jen
It's here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...pes-4-a-2.html

Quote:
ONDERLAND!!! WOO HOO!!!
Old 02-15-2013, 02:47 PM   #224  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Thanks for the warning on the cheats in the daily thread Lisa. I think I was just primed for a bit of a fight today so I have gone in to comment and set everyone straight on what is accepted vs. what they could have done. I only venture there every few weeks so they are probably going to wonder who I am and why I have a right to comment but maybe one or two of them will think twice the next time.

Love you guys and the positive energy you bring to this thread.

By the way, I am going mostly paleo / primal once in maintenance. It works for a gluten free lifestyle and lots of people I know do well on it. I have lots of books already and will post good maintenance recipes as I get closer. I don't think I'll be 100% on it though because I look forward too much to greek yogurt once on Phase 3 and that isn't strictly paleo although doesn't work with primal. If I can maintain 90% strict then the rest of the time set aside for my fun day which still works with IP then.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:31 PM   #225  
Restart: 1/5/15

S/C/G: 212/199.2/140

Height: 5'9"/36 yo

it's funny how we all respond to people's posts differently. i read the cheat posts with interest because i face temptaion, too, and sometimes it is helpful to hear how other people deal with it. insead of being turned off by it, i learn. i do not avoid the daily because people there are willing to be human.

i find myself avoiding this thread, however, because of the complaints about the cheating and discussions about how much better the people on this thread are than other people. when it happens, i leave for a while and come back when everyone has flushed it out. i just don't have room for negativity and unkindness (very superficially veiled as "tough love") in my life.
Closed Thread