Old 02-05-2013, 11:03 PM   #1  
Freedom from Food

S/C/G: 170/170/138

Height: 5'7" size 12

Default Anyone try UNJURY?? It is amazing! Ideas?

I just tried UNJURY protein products, and I have to tell you, they are GREAT. I believe what I see fits Phase 1 with no problem.
They have a CHEESE sauce!!! It's awesome, I mean, not "real" cheese but even my husband likes it on his veggies and fish. It's GREAT on the rotini! You have to try it...

The protein powders are very tasty, I blended a scoop of their chocolate with water, ice, and a cup of spinach and it was really delicious.

They have a few other items too...I think it's a real find!!
Purrfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:01 PM   #2  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

purrfect - I agree that the nutrition for the cheesy sauce looks like it should be fine with P1. Here is a link to the nutrition label:
http://www.unjury.com/store/protein/...d-cheese-sauce

Did you order from someplace where you could buy individual servings to try??? The site I found to look at the nutrition label requires you buy 10 servings for $22.95. So, this is a little costly. I know many IPers have expressed that they have really been MISSING cheese..... this might be worth the cost. I'd just hope I could find someplace to try before I buy a large quantity since I can have picky tastes.

Yeah, the thought of this over the rotini with some crumbled sw cheese curls or white cheddar ridges and baked sounds delicious!

Thanks for sharing Jen
JenRem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:27 PM   #3  
Freedom from Food

S/C/G: 170/170/138

Height: 5'7" size 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenRem View Post
purrfect - I agree that the nutrition for the cheesy sauce looks like it should be fine with P1. Here is a link to the nutrition label:
http://www.unjury.com/store/protein/...d-cheese-sauce

Did you order from someplace where you could buy individual servings to try??? The site I found to look at the nutrition label requires you buy 10 servings for $22.95. So, this is a little costly. I know many IPers have expressed that they have really been MISSING cheese..... this might be worth the cost. I'd just hope I could find someplace to try before I buy a large quantity since I can have picky tastes.

Yeah, the thought of this over the rotini with some crumbled sw cheese curls or white cheddar ridges and baked sounds delicious!

Thanks for sharing Jen
I believe the UNJURY web site has individual packets for sale at a pretty good increased cost, but def cheaper if you find out you hate it! It's doubtful, though. Even my husband liked it and he's not on IP/ or any diet plan. The chocolate splendor powder is excellent, too! Nice products.
Purrfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:44 AM   #4  

This sounds like something that will really be terrific for my husband and I. Awesome find, thanks for sharing!
Flutterby26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:20 PM   #5  

OOH! this sounds like something I might try! Yes, I do miss the taste of cheese but not enough to blow my IP plan!
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:22 PM   #6  
Started IP: Sept 19/12

I really don't think this is IP compatible as it contains sugar.
tunafish246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:43 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

I tried it and found the cheese sauce tastes like the cheese sauce in Kraft macaroni and cheese from my childhood. Not bad at all given I think the stats show it is Phase 1 compliant. I think it would work well in any recipe that uses a nacho cheese sauce.

This basic sauce, with a little hot sauce, and used carefully as a dipping sauce (versus dripping the sauce on veggies) allows you to get plenty of taste and not use a whole portion. I wasn't trying to conserve sauce, but found by dipping my broccoli carefully into it, I only used half the sauce. That meant I saved calories, carbs, etc and could have a half a restricted bar later...Nice! Together that feels indulgent.
Chloe222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:06 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunafish246 View Post
I really don't think this is IP compatible as it contains sugar.
You know there are IP products that have sugar, too, right?
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:18 PM   #9  
Started IP: Sept 19/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
You know there are IP products that have sugar, too, right?
I realized after that this product was to replace a packet. I thought it was for an extra.
tunafish246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:42 PM   #10  
1 day at a time =^.^=

S/C/G: 275/217/165

Height: 5'5"

The unflavored is awesome too. It will completely mix, for example, in Crystal Light. Nice to get away from the milky kind of protein drinks.
justducky2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:30 PM   #11  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

The cheese sauce does not come in an individual packet size, as I email the company and they actually replied rather quickly. They did point out that they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee so that if I (or you) don't like it they will refund the money no questions asked. I found this helpful and am getting ready to buy some, as I miss cheese the most of all the things I have given up.

I know I am of a mindset that if I don't like something once I have paid for it that I am just out of luck. Should see me at restaurants with a meal I am not exactly happy with.
MntRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:32 AM   #12  
Back for a tweak

S/C/G: 120/115/110

Height: 5'0"

Maybe I'm missing something, but aren't we only allowed extras that are zero cal, fat and carb? I'm doing a couple of weeks of Phase 1 and was so excited when I saw this, but it doesn't look IP compliant at all. . . .?
slow2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:19 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow2lose View Post
Maybe I'm missing something, but aren't we only allowed extras that are zero cal, fat and carb? I'm doing a couple of weeks of Phase 1 and was so excited when I saw this, but it doesn't look IP compliant at all. . . .?
People are replacing one of their IP packets with a serving of the cheese sauce (ie, over their 2 cups of broccoli for lunch.)
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:22 AM   #14  
Back for a tweak

S/C/G: 120/115/110

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
People are replacing one of their IP packets with a serving of the cheese sauce (ie, over their 2 cups of broccoli for lunch.)
Oooooh OK thanks for clearning that up.
slow2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:26 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 193/158/140

Height: 5'6"

Kale chips and cheese sauce are delicious!
stephanoodle is offline   Reply With Quote