3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   If YOU were in charge at IP (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/274997-if-you-were-charge-ip.html)

Purrfect 02-05-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4621176)
I'm with you on the portable unrestricted

Here are my others:
1. Remove all the soy. It isn't good for humans
2. Coffee cream that is creamy but not sweet
3. A non-soy cheese substitute. It could be restricted. Just something for recipes.

I found the UNJURY brand of cheese to be fantastic, It is a powder mix you just add hot water to and get the consistency you want. It is excellent on veggies, with the rotini, etc. I add a little salt and pepper. looks to me like ti fits phase one no problem. It's just the best thing i have found!!

loopers 02-06-2013 06:12 AM

I'm with the majority on this one - cheese and popcorn!

WorldTraveleronIP 02-06-2013 06:51 AM

I vote for the cheese and a also a peanut butter/jam bar. Quest Protein makes one and it is pretty darn good, but it has 10 grams of fat in the bar, so not anything I would eat again on phase 1, but I keep thinking about that taste because I love peanut butter and jam!

Lynnie63 02-06-2013 12:31 PM

I agree with non-restricteds that aren't drinks.

Also, make the chili and spagetti non-restricted somehow.

Suchawittygal 02-06-2013 01:28 PM

Chili Cheese Fries Poppers! LOL:carrot:

girlpenny 02-06-2013 01:29 PM

My ideas are already here. CHEESE .... something to sub for that -- love it, miss it. Also, would love a creamer for my coffee that is not sweet.

Betterthings 02-06-2013 02:10 PM

It's so nice to hear that I'm not the only one missing cheese!!!

Lolo70 02-06-2013 02:28 PM

So, I probably missed it, but why can one not eat cheese or Greek yoghurt on IP? These are the two foods that I missed the most and carb-wise it seems to be no problem. Atkins is fine with it and it seems to be considered fine on low carb blogs.

Momto2cs 02-06-2013 02:32 PM

I would reconsider the focus on low fat. More and more studies show we need more fat in our diets. Allowing avacado, and focusing less on dry, lean protein would make ip easier and perhaps healthier.

southern 02-06-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momto2cs (Post 4623908)
I would reconsider the focus on low fat. More and more studies show we need more fat in our diets. Allowing avacado, and focusing less on dry, lean protein would make ip easier and perhaps healthier.

*like*

jampooh 02-06-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaNurse (Post 4620760)
I would make mac n cheese. (unrestricted:dizzy:)

Oh Yes!

lookinfor170 02-06-2013 08:58 PM

For those of you wishing for popcorn....my coach says that roasted kale tastes just like popcorn? I haven't tried it (popcorns not really a love of mine), but if you are missing popcorn...maybe give it a try?:shrug:

ladylunk 02-06-2013 09:10 PM

[QUOTE=lookinfor170;4624344]For those of you wishing for popcorn....my coach says that roasted kale tastes just like popcorn? I haven't tried it (popcorns not really a love of mine), but if you are missing popcorn...maybe give it a try?:shrug:[/QUOTE

Interesting. I just tried this a few days ago. Not a big fan. Maybe seasonings other than evoo salt and pepper are required. Sure didn't seem like popcorn to me.

I miss cheese. And I like the idea about not focusing on the low fat so much. Love avocado and miss it. Would be so nice on our salads or with our meat. Yum. Also better chocolate flavoured snacks. Not a rice crisp bar with a thin coat of chocolate but a piece of chocolate would be nice....

scorbett1103 02-06-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WorldTraveleronIP (Post 4623235)
I vote for the cheese and a also a peanut butter/jam bar. Quest Protein makes one and it is pretty darn good, but it has 10 grams of fat in the bar, so not anything I would eat again on phase 1, but I keep thinking about that taste because I love peanut butter and jam!

What about this one?
http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...lly-7-box.html

I would say that I'd like to see IP take a cue from its competitors, the variety of flavors and food available is so much greater with alternative products.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lolo70 (Post 4623895)
So, I probably missed it, but why can one not eat cheese or Greek yoghurt on IP? These are the two foods that I missed the most and carb-wise it seems to be no problem. Atkins is fine with it and it seems to be considered fine on low carb blogs.

Atkins is low carb, but not really low fat. IP is low carb AND low fat - it is also a ketogenic diet (think Atkins induction phase all the way through your weight loss). The lactose in dairy is an issue when your body is trying to maintain ketosis.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momto2cs (Post 4623908)

I would agree, except that keeping the fats to a minimum in our diet is what allows the body to use body fat for energy in ketosis. If you start increasing fats in the foods, that fat will be metabolized into ketones instead of body fat. It kind of defeats the purpose of being in ketosis, and would probably require that the diet be retooled.

I think many of the vegetable choices were made to also simplify the measuring process - everything is a 1 cup portion - but if you start adding in avocado (a 1 cup portion has 240 calories and 22g fat) you have to then break the portion sizes into changing amounts.

lisa32989 02-06-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purrfect (Post 4623097)
I found the UNJURY brand of cheese to be fantastic, It is a powder mix you just add hot water to and get the consistency you want. It is excellent on veggies, with the rotini, etc. I add a little salt and pepper. looks to me like ti fits phase one no problem. It's just the best thing i have found!!

I noticed the ingredients contain both sugar and fructose.