3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   "restricted foods" (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/274725-restricted-foods.html)

wannaBthin731 01-31-2013 06:09 PM

"restricted foods"

My coach recommended no restricted foods this week, even though she made me buy 4. I really wanted the cheese curls tonight, should I take her advise and not have them?

Ilovesugar 01-31-2013 06:15 PM

What's her reasoning and why would she make you buy four, isn't that your choice!?

ragdoll74 01-31-2013 06:17 PM

The phase I protocol sheet says 2 non-restricted and 1 restricted. You are allowed an extra unrestricted each day in the first week if needed.

IP is really hard, so I don't know why some coaches try to make it harder by not allowing the restricted.

If you do eat them, be aware that you may be facing an angry coach at your weigh in.

wannaBthin731 01-31-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ilovesugar (Post 4615828)
What's her reasoning and why would she make you buy four, isn't that your choice!?

she said not to have them,so I can "dump a lot of weight" but to buy them just in case. So I don't know if I should have the cheese curls or not...eekkk. She said if you must have them have 1 every other day.

Ilovesugar 01-31-2013 06:28 PM

Ugh- that seems frustrating... For what it's worth, I have one unrestricted packet everyday. So far I've lost at least 4lbs every week.

wannaBthin731 01-31-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ilovesugar (Post 4615849)
Ugh- that seems frustrating... For what it's worth, I have one unrestricted packet everyday. So far I've lost at least 4lbs every week.

hot dam! that's awesome!! did you "dump" a lot of weight your first weigh in?

Ilovesugar 01-31-2013 06:46 PM

The first week I lost 6lbs. What week are you on?

wannaBthin731 01-31-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ilovesugar (Post 4615879)
The first week I lost 6lbs. What week are you on?

1st week , 2nd day ugh it's killer

IP43 01-31-2013 07:12 PM

LOL okay, I'm sorry. I thought you were in it a long time, not just your 2nd day. How do you know you WANT the cheese curls??
Some clinics don't want you having restricteds the first 3 weeks I guess. Protocol is you can have one a day, so do it and see how your weigh in goes. She gave you permission to have one every other day. The cheese curls, to me, could be split in two as there is a lot. So maybe have half today and half tomorrow if you want (or use them as soup crackers, or salad croutons). You're just starting so you don't know how your body will react to IP. maybe you're not one of the people who needs to limit restricteds.

IF you can hold out, do it, just because your coach asked. You can have 'em next week ;)

Calisto 01-31-2013 07:42 PM

I ate one restricted item every day my first week and I lost 14 lb. So I don't believe it lol.

I use to have a restricted once every other day or so, just because I didn't care if I had it, lately I have had one every night. I have seen no big change in my weight loss.

lisa32989 01-31-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wannaBthin731 (Post 4615842)
she said not to have them,so I can "dump a lot of weight" but to buy them just in case. So I don't know if I should have the cheese curls or not...eekkk. She said if you must have them have 1 every other day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wannaBthin731 (Post 4615824)
My coach recommended no restricted foods this week, even though she made me buy 4. I really wanted the cheese curls tonight, should I take her advise and not have them?

I agree with IP43, how do you know you want something you've never had? LOL...I know....it just SoUNDS good. I live the same way.

Coaches that keep making this program HARDER than it has to be make me :rolleyes: when I'm in a good mood and :frypan: when I'm not.

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO TWEAK THE PROGRAM THE FIRST FRIGGING WEEK!!!!! (yup, this topic has put me in this mood :frypan:)

Tweaking is for when people aren't losing (defined as SEVERAL weeks of no scale or measurement loss)

Follow the sheet & eat your restricteds (you can have one EVERY DAY). The first handful of days are the hardest. By this time next week (actually much earlier that that) you'll feel like a million bucks!

wannaBthin731 01-31-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4615996)
I agree with IP43, how do you know you want something you've never had? LOL...I know....it just SoUNDS good. I live the same way.

Coaches that keep making this program HARDER than it has to be make me :rolleyes: when I'm in a good mood and :frypan: when I'm not.

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO TWEAK THE PROGRAM THE FIRST FRIGGING WEEK!!!!! (yup, this topic has put me in this mood :frypan:)

Tweaking is for when people aren't losing (defined as SEVERAL weeks of no scale or measurement loss)

Follow the sheet & eat your restricteds (you can have one EVERY DAY). The first handful of days are the hardest. By this time next week (actually much earlier that that) you'll feel like a million bucks!

Ilovesugar 01-31-2013 08:20 PM

Hmm... Idk I was told from day one I could have 1 restricted packet a day. And ps- those southwest cheese curls are my fave! :)

wannaBthin731 01-31-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ilovesugar (Post 4616002)
Hmm... Idk I was told from day one I could have 1 restricted packet a day. And ps- those southwest cheese curls are my fave! :)

even though I'm hungry,I had 1/2 a pack,they were so good, :( oh well , I will have more water,tomorrow is another day.

leannekarella 01-31-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wannaBthin731 (Post 4616022)
even though I'm hungry,I had 1/2 a pack,they were so good, :( oh well , I will have more water,tomorrow is another day.

I promise it gets WAY easier. The hunger goes away by day 5. It was about day 3.5 for me. I've only been on this 5 weeks and I'm doing great now.:hug: Hang in there!