3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   SuperBowl!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/274706-superbowl.html)

llorentis 01-31-2013 01:58 PM

SuperBowl!!

Ok with the superbowl coming up, I need some healthy but fun recipes to make on superbowl. Please HELP!!!;)

PacNW IP 01-31-2013 02:27 PM

I was planning on making some faux buffalo chicken wings: Some of those little chicken breast tenders baked with Frank's Red Hot Sauce, and served with some celery and WF Blue Cheese and/or Ranch dressing.

I also found a recipe for pork carnitas from a blog that one of the regular 3FC ladies writes and it looks amazing! http://www.lamberjules.com/recipes/i...-tacos-recipe/

pocahontas812 01-31-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PacNW IP (Post 4615502)
I was planning on making some faux buffalo chicken wings: Some of those little chicken breast tenders baked with Frank's Red Hot Sauce, and served with some celery and WF Blue Cheese and/or Ranch dressing.

Frank's also makes a buffalo sauce that happens to be 0/0/0! Had it last night on chicken...really good!

Dinie89 01-31-2013 04:55 PM

I'm planning pork tenderlion with green valley tangy sweet sauce and kale chips =)

AAAMom 01-31-2013 07:16 PM

Found this, looks great! I'm going to make this for a party we're going to.

Buffalo Chicken Meatballs – phase 1-4, makes approx. 35
2 lbs Ground Chicken Breast
1 /2 cup finely grated zucchini (approx. 1 medium, grated on the finest side of a box grater)
1/2 cup grated celery
½ cup grated onion
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 1/4 teaspoons sea salt
3 egg whites, beaten
Olive oil cooking spray
1cup of your favorite wing sauce such as Frank’s Red Hot
Walden Farms Blue Cheese Dressing, for dipping
Diced Green Onions or chopped fresh parsley for Garnish

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine chicken, vegetables, spices beaten egg whites and 2 tsp wing sauce. Gently mix by hand the ingredients. Do not squeeze or over mix.
Spray a baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray. Scoop meat mixture into 2 tbsp sized portions. Roll portion gently between palms to form a smooth ball. Place on baking sheet.
Bake meatballs on center rack for 15 minutes. Remove meatballs from oven. Pour wing sauce in a bowl and transfer meatballs to the bowl and toss to coat. Let the meatballs sit in the sauce while you raise the oven temperature to 450. Drain the moisture and wipe the grease from the baking sheet. Apply a fresh coat of olive oil spray.
When oven has reached 450, give meatballs another toss in the bowl, then transfer, sauce and all to the baking sheet. Bake, on the top rack of the oven for 12-15 minutes.
Serve with green onions or chopped fresh parsley
Serve with Walden Farms blue cheese dressing for dipping.

Calisto 01-31-2013 07:45 PM

okay this is one I made up myself and posted on my blog, this is for 2 people, BBQ Chicken, it's in pieces so no cutting needed when it's game time! uses hot sauce too!

http://foodchaos.wordpress.com/2013/01/18/bbq-chicken/

bubbleblower 01-31-2013 07:52 PM

If I were a football fan, I'd cook up what I used to serve years ago when I used to get together with friends to watch the game (actually, more to eat and visit with friends): Steamed spiced shrimp. Easy to make and then just peel and eat!

llorentis 01-31-2013 09:54 PM

Ohh Thank You sooooo MUCH everyone!! I will use some of these recipes...

lisa32989 01-26-2014 07:50 PM

This year I'm making some P1-friendly meatballs with the WF asian dressing

A veggie tray with mockamole and cauli hummus (both in Recipes #4, I believe). If I have those available, I'm note even tempted to munch on "forbidden fruits"

If we have people over to our house, I'll also make "wings" (really broiled white meat strips & then in wing sauce in a crockpot). Not sure if we're doing a quiet nite "in", having folks over, or joining others somewhere...personally, I can see the commercials better at home than at a party ;)

The leftover chicken "wings" made great salad toppings following Super Bowl.

schenectady 01-26-2014 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbleblower (Post 4615969)
If I were a football fan, I'd cook up what I used to serve years ago when I used to get together with friends to watch the game (actually, more to eat and visit with friends): Steamed spiced shrimp. Easy to make and then just peel and eat!

What a great ide and one I never would have thought about. Thanks, that is exactly what I am going to have.

Ruth Ann 01-26-2014 09:43 PM

That sounds great Lisa. I was planning something similar - I haven't tried making the cauli-hummus yet so thought it would be a good time to try.

Definitely wings though and maybe some chocolate pudding cookies.

But now that it was mentioned - shrimp would be good too!

jendilly 01-26-2014 09:57 PM

We haven't decided if we will be home or will go to one of several parties going on. If we're at home, I plan on making something sweet, such as the chocolate gems with drink mix, cutting up some veggies and creating a dip of some sort (will look at the recipe thread...the hummus is a great option), and then may have one of the restricted salty snack type IP packets. Also, might make either chicken strips or deviled eggs. Haven't planned it all out yet, just coming up with ideas. My family will have all sorts of food out (if it's anything like past weeks...and I have no doubt it will be), so I want to combat that. If we go to a party, I'll make up a few of these ideas and take them with me.

GO HAWKS!!!

MORgeek 02-01-2014 01:24 PM

found this the other day :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...a88a8d0bd7.jpg

Ruth Ann 02-01-2014 06:58 PM

Those look really good MORgeek! Going to have to try those sliders.

Slipfree 02-01-2014 07:24 PM

Ruth Ann, check out the Weight No Longer website, Pinterest or FB. They have great recipes.

MORgeek 02-01-2014 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruth Ann (Post 4934093)
Those look really good MORgeek! Going to have to try those sliders.

Anytime! :D I love buffalo flavored things so yummy!

karenfromtexas 02-02-2014 01:18 PM

I found a great website that has many IP-friendly recipes. I will be making the "Buffalo Balls" recipe tonight. I made their Carolina BBQ Meatballs (with minor IP modifications) last weekend and they were delicious! Here's the website:

www.ibreatheimhungry.com

Enjoy!

WildDaisy 02-02-2014 11:10 PM

Thanks for sharing that website, karenfromtexas! There are so many recipes on there I want to try. Plus I sympathize with the name, lol.

mike7059 01-26-2015 06:29 PM

Appetizers for Superbowl Sunday!

I was wondering if people might like to share recipes or ideas for OP appetizers for the upcoming game. I heard a statistic that reported that the Superbowl is the second biggest food celebration after Thanksgiving.

shasta10 01-26-2015 07:55 PM

During the holidays, I would take a veggie tray of IP approved veggies and I took 2 dips (one that non-dieters could consume) and one that I could consume (and some others liked it!). My dip was Walden Farms Thousand Island dressing plus Franks Hot sauce.

shasta10 01-26-2015 08:45 PM

Lisa - thanks for merging this with the older super bowl post! Great ideas. I saw the post for deviled eggs and it reminded me that I made deviled eggs over the holidays and I used mustard and a garlic paste mixed with the yolk. I liked them better then the "real" recipe.

Delgen 01-28-2015 09:29 AM

Bumping up!
Bring on the ideas!

Ctd238 01-28-2015 07:03 PM

I'm so thankful for this thread! I was so worried about what I would be able to make for the superbowl.

AAAmom, those buffalo chicken meatballs sound wonderful. Definitely going to try those!

mandykent111 01-28-2015 07:28 PM

I am making cauliflower wings!! Yummy and healthy! And instead of ranch or blue cheese I am making a greek yogurt dip!

Delgen 01-28-2015 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandykent111 (Post 5124532)
I am making cauliflower wings!! Yummy and healthy! And instead of ranch or blue cheese I am making a greek yogurt dip!

How do you make the the cauliflower wings?

CenTXChk 01-29-2015 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delgen (Post 5124539)
How do you make the the cauliflower wings?

Was thinking of trying this roasted buffalo cauliflower recipe. http://www.closetcooking.com/2013/01...lower.html?m=1

Mimi47 01-29-2015 10:49 AM

Definitely going to make the buffalo roasted cauliflower ^^. The buffalo chicken meatballs recipe also sounds delicious.

Does anyone have a favorite, IP-OK buffalo sauce they like to use? And do I need to measure out a limited amount? I had Franks, then just bought some Wing Time, when I saw it on the end of an aisle at Whole Foods, but was bummed when I got home to find some small amount of carbs listed on the label.

Friend has asked us to bring things like chips & guac, which I will do as well. I've been meaning to try the "mockamole" recipes I've seen here so often, but might just try that out on my family sometime soon, before sharing with others. Sometimes I feel like all these new delicious veggie recipes are our little secrets!

rainbowsmiles 01-30-2015 09:26 PM

http://www.ruled.me/begedil-keto-potato-patties/

lisa32989 01-31-2015 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles (Post 5125696)

Those look great and would fit p1 just by subbing leeks for the shallots.
Have you tried baking them or does it work better in a nonstick pan sprayed with cooking spray?

rainbowsmiles 01-31-2015 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 5125800)
Those look great and would fit p1 just by subbing leeks for the shallots.
Have you tried baking them or does it work better in a nonstick pan sprayed with cooking spray?

i have not made them yet...just thought they would be something good for super bowl

Tee4Tee 02-06-2016 08:46 AM

Thank you so much for these ideas... I will try a few of them for sure!