Old 01-30-2013, 01:54 PM   #1  
started IP Aug 7 2012

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Default I have come to a halt in weightloss

I have lost about 40 pounds and would like to lose another 40 but for the last 2-3 weeks i havent lost anything just maintaining. I have not changed anything any suggestions as to what I should do?
zoological26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Keep doing what you were doing. Weigh and measure everything. Try not to start switching too many things around. Get in all the required oil, supplements, protein and packets. Eat the things you really like.

The weight will start to come off again.
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:14 PM   #3  

Maybe up the exercise a little bit. Just a little. Most importantly, don't give up!!! Hang in there
nomorejellybeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

My personal experience is that upping the exercise will hinder losses. If you don't do it now, don't start.
If you do, just keep on with what was working.

I exercised throughout ip. Whenever i tried to "help things along" by doing more things stalled.

Hormones like cortisol come into play when you are extreme dieting and exercising.
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 210/145/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoological26 View Post
I have lost about 40 pounds and would like to lose another 40 but for the last 2-3 weeks i havent lost anything just maintaining. I have not changed anything any suggestions as to what I should do?
I would make sure you have variety from the foods available on the sheet. If you always eat exactly the same you will eventually lose but may stall. I have heard people say having a steak made a difference.

Best wishes! Let us know what changes for you.
rofl306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:32 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 269/203/170

Height: 5'7"

I stopped losing for 2 weeks around the 35 pound point. I scoured these forums, looking for answers. The post that helped me most was a "bootcamp" one that tells you to go back in your mind to day 1 and think about the rules you learned on that day, and follow them exactly. So I did, I measured everything, I stopped my afternoon love affair with Crystal Light, and I stopped eating my morning restricted food and replaced it with a shake. I also went back to no green beans.... Since they were my favorite veggie, I was having them more than once per week... I wasn't 100% on plan, just 99% and my body knew it.

After going back to basics and getting on plan 100% instead of 99%, my loss started again and I've lost 45 pounds now. I have resumed my restricted food each morning, and have 1 crystal light occasionally and make sure only to have green beans once per week, and my losses continue. My body (and mind) just needed a re-boot I think!

Not sure if this helps you, but I hope you are back to losing soon. Stick with it and your body will wake up and give you the loss you are looking for!
JudithL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:14 PM   #7  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorejellybeans View Post
Maybe up the exercise a little bit. Just a little. Most importantly, don't give up!!! Hang in there
On most diets this may be true - on Ideal Protein because of the nature of this diet, exercise does NOT help. As mentioned by a previous poster, it actually SLOWS weight loss.

To the OP, one thing I would ask before suggesting methods for breaking a stall is whether you are measuring yourself - are you seeing the inches change at all? Your body may be tightening up instead of dropping weight, or holding onto some water but losing inches.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:32 PM   #8  
LRH

S/C/G: 152/132/127

Height: 5'5"

Are your clothes getting looser anyway? Happened to me once for 5 weeks. The thing that kept me going was noticing clothes were looser, even though the scale wasn't budging. Eventually, I started losing again.
LRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:09 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
Keep doing what you were doing. Weigh and measure everything. Try not to start switching too many things around. Get in all the required oil, supplements, protein and packets. Eat the things you really like.

The weight will start to come off again.
Make sure you are getting in the full amount of everyting you are allowed. Sometimes we get in a rut and start eating less of some things and weight loss stops.

Also jump around and scream loud for the Oilers. That cures all sorts of ills!
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:55 PM   #10  
started IP Aug 7 2012

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6

thank you everyone I will try your ideas and go Oilers go
zoological26 is offline   Reply With Quote