Hormone issues may ruin this for me

• I understand that with rapid weight loss estrogen is released into the body which can really mess up a womens moods but this is ridiculous..Im at the point where I cant stand to be around my three kids..everything they do is really aggravating me. My poor 5 yr old daughter spilled a cup of milk and I was really unkind to her( im mean.?its only one of the most common expressions in our language)

My patience is non existent..even when I talk myself down I find I am just so quick to get angry with them.

Im wondering is this worth it? How long will it last? I need to lose 100 lbs..i cant be biting off my kids heads for a year..
  • From my experience this emotional roller coaster will pass. Although I didn't get my family to vote. LOL

Best wishes for you to have patience again!
  • It does get easier - If you lose a lot of weight in the beginning, your body gets flooded with extra estrogen. As your weight loss stabilizes and your body adjusts, it gets better. My hormones were out of whack for the first two months or so, coupled with very irregular periods. By the third month everything had evened out and my cycles were also back to normal.
  • Hmmm... your post is getting me thinking... I really have found my kids even more annoying than usual these days, and the "volume" in the house seems louder. I really was wondering what was up with THEM lately. Your post has me wondering... could it possibly be me, MOI, who is a bit less patient??

Give it a bit more time as it will definitely be worth it in the long run.
  • stick with it. it will be worth it. the yelling they will forget. mom loosing 100lbs and being able to run with them they will remember.
  • You just started, don't look for a reason to stop just yet...estrogens released through fat loss makes sense, but more estrogen makes me feel alot better, not worse. Experience from bioidentical therapy with it, not the same but still interesting.
    I think everytime I've started any diet I get less patient. It's hard to feel deprived, hard to adjust to a new WOE. Stressful. That could be it too.
  • I can relate, I have been no fun for my husband and son since on this diet. It's gotten better since the first couple of TOMS, but it's still a very rough time, especially 7-10 days before TOM. This is how I think of it, though, I'm doing this to get healthy and add years to my life to be there for them, and to be able to do things together that the extra weight prevented me from doing. I've told my kid and husband both that mommy's diet makes her hormonal, and she acts more impatient and kooky at times because of it. I have even written "HORMONAL" in big red letters on our dry erase calender as a reminder that it's not them, it's me. And I do a lot of apologizing. A lot. Remember, it's only temporary, the changes we are making for the long run will be permanent.
  • Thanks everyone..i have been so excited..its been 18 days and its just easy..I never believed I could do it..then when I heard myself today with the kids I immediately started feeling guilty..I have to remind myself that putting my health first (finally)it not a reason to feel guilty..so mommy is a bit cranky..they are going to have to learn to deal with it
  • I feel the same way... Very moody, sensitive to the noise in the house....glad to hear I'm not the only one.
  • Wow I feel for you guys who are having to deal with this. I haven't had any issues but due to endometriosis I had to have a full hysterectomy almost 3 years ago so.....no issues with hormones.
  • Primrose Oil..
    Just a suggestion...I take Primrose Oil (buy at Walmart in the vitamin section). It's not expensive and really helps with moodiness/PMS. I was amazed at the results!!!
  • I just bought Primrose oil too. Was on it years ago and not sure why I stopped taking it because it really did help!