Old 01-26-2013, 04:44 PM   #16  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Hi everyone,

Everybody keeps on mentioning these two sites: www.thelowcarbgrocery.com and www.lowcarbcanada.ca but I looked on both sites and both don't have the protidiet products and I took a look at both sites and not sure what is it exactly I can buy from them!

I found this website: http://www.protifoods.com/ recently but I am a little bit suspicious since the phone number they have on their website is out of service! And after I opened an account, I put stuff in my cart but I could not find any info about shipping to Canada! I did not want to give my credit info before knowing how much it is gonna cost me, so I sent them an e-mail but haven't heard from them since. Anybody has ever ordered from them?
Just to let you all know that it seems like this site is not working cause I just received an email that the message was undeliverable! So I would not dare to order from them.
sandralosingweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:44 PM   #17  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin4me View Post
Just had a look at lowcarb as well as the prices seem awfully high, almost similar to Ideal Protein
Where you looking at lowcarbcanada.com - or thelowcarbgrocery.com ? I've ordered mostly from thelowcarbgrocery.com and always found their products relatively affordable, especially compared to IP. It IS harder to compare their products though than the soup, oatmeal, bars, etc. that you get with the products in 'packets' that ProtiDiet puts out. You have to really take the time to review the nutritional values and ingredients. And with thelowcarbgrocery.com you of course have to consider the number of portions in each bag/container.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:52 PM   #18  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Just to let you all know that it seems like this site is not working cause I just received an email that the message was undeliverable! So I would not dare to order from them.

I noticed that that site is sponsored by 'Nutmeg State Nutrition - Your Weight Loss Centre'.... googled that and it brought me to another website where the 1-877# seems to be continuously busy. But I noticed that under the 'locations' tab of that website all are located in CT, which I believe is the State of Connecticut, USA. So once again, customs. Might as well stick with Nashua.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:52 PM   #19  
Restarting IP 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Where you looking at lowcarbcanada.com - or thelowcarbgrocery.com ? I've ordered mostly from thelowcarbgrocery.com and always found their products relatively affordable, especially compared to IP. It IS harder to compare their products though than the soup, oatmeal, bars, etc. that you get with the products in 'packets' that ProtiDiet puts out. You have to really take the time to review the nutritional values and ingredients. And with thelowcarbgrocery.com you of course have to consider the number of portions in each bag/container.
Hi,

Can you please give me an example of what product you order from this site? Can you suggest something that you like please?
Old 01-26-2013, 05:04 PM   #20  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Hi,

Can you please give me an example of what product you order from this site? Can you suggest something that you like please?
Sandra, you'll find all the info about what I've used there in my blog below - the link is in my signature line below. Go direct to the 'Seeking Alternative Products' tab and scroll down to see pages where I talk about what I've used re bars, soup, pancakes, oatmeal, shakes, etc. and where I found them. My selections from thelowcarbgrocery.com are all there.

BTW - I love ChocoRite protein powder!! I've always used their cappucino, mixed with my fresh decaf coffee... and only about a month ago ordered some chocolate supreme and french vanilla too. I love them all. So far it's the best I've found in terms of thickness of the drinks. (I need to update my blog... it only refers to my using the cappuccino shakes.)
Old 01-26-2013, 09:35 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Just looked and it is the thelowcarbgrocery.com under pro energy??
thin4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:12 PM   #22  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Just looked and it is the thelowcarbgrocery.com under pro energy??
Not sure what you mean about 'pro energy'??? But thelowcarbgrocery.com has a website which sells a wide variety of lower carb products. Here's the link: http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/cat...arb-c-132.html

If you want to see the specifics of what products I used the most from thelowcarbgrocery.com please refer to my blog - the link is in my signature line. Click on the "Selecting Alternative Products" link and scroll down for the different categories.

Last edited by evepet; 01-26-2013 at 10:12 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:11 PM   #23  

Quote:
Not sure what you mean about 'pro energy'??? But thelowcarbgrocery.com has a website which sells a wide variety of lower carb products. Here's the link: http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/cat...arb-c-132.html

If you want to see the specifics of what products I used the most from thelowcarbgrocery.com please refer to my blog - the link is in my signature line. Click on the "Selecting Alternative Products" link and scroll down for the different categories.
Thanks I'll have a look, the Pro Energy was a "sub-set" in the listing the website covered
Old 01-29-2013, 07:26 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 177.6/165.4/140

Height: 5'5''

Wow. Just got my last order from Proteinwell last week. Glad I stocked up. I love the juice protein drinks. Will miss them if they are gone
DJ72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:06 AM   #25  
Restarting IP 100%

Hi,

I just checked their website and now they don't have any item anymore! I am so sad about this, it was so convenient to order from them and it was the cheapest option for me, cause when I order from Nashua, I have to pay duty! Moreover, I did not find any Canadian website from which I can order Protidiet products!

I sent proteinwell.ca 2 emails to inquire about what is happening and of course no answer!

Anyway... what can we do, right?
Old 01-30-2013, 09:52 AM   #26  

Quote:
Hi,

I just checked their website and now they don't have any item anymore! I am so sad about this, it was so convenient to order from them and it was the cheapest option for me, cause when I order from Nashua, I have to pay duty! Moreover, I did not find any Canadian website from which I can order Protidiet products!

I sent proteinwell.ca 2 emails to inquire about what is happening and of course no answer!

Anyway... what can we do, right?
Good morning Sandra

I've sent 2 emails as well to no avail. I also spent a few hourse searching the intranet for another canadian supplier for Protidiet and couldn't locate one. I'm also skeptical about ordering from Nashua due to duty as well as shipping charges - adds up really quick and you don't know the end cost until it is delivered, also takes a long time to ship!

I did notice that costco online now has some diet products but didn't check them out to see if they were protein diet food. Keep us informed if you find out something new.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:03 AM   #27  
Restarting IP 100%

Quote:
Good morning Sandra

I've sent 2 emails as well to no avail. I also spent a few hourse searching the intranet for another canadian supplier for Protidiet and couldn't locate one. I'm also skeptical about ordering from Nashua due to duty as well as shipping charges - adds up really quick and you don't know the end cost until it is delivered, also takes a long time to ship!

I did notice that costco online now has some diet products but didn't check them out to see if they were protein diet food. Keep us informed if you find out something new.

I buy many alternatives from Costco, not online though, I buy the Kaizen whey protein, but of course this is my personal opinion: the vanilla one is yummy but the chocolate one is yucki! I can't stand it, now I still have some and I keep on trying to mix it with some other flavours in order to finish with it and will never buy it again! I did some muffins by mixing it with the oat packet and they came out so yuck! I recently made them with a jelly packet and added some orange essence and it was not too bad!

Also, from Costco, I buy the Detours bars and they come at about just $1 a bar!

The Muscle milk light is my go to protein to take with me whenever I am on the run, it comes out at about $2 a shake.

And once I found these BBQ chips that I bought once, they are restricted, not sure if they still have them as I haven't seen them in a while, but those were not my favourite anyway.

I just wanted to mention that if you decide to order from Nashua, there is this website that I use to help me figure out how much the cost will be, and it is pretty accurate, there might be a minor difference in the price but at least you'll know approximately what you are going to pay:

http://www.thefinalcost.com/

Hope this helps
Old 01-30-2013, 10:13 AM   #28  

Quote:
Also, from Costco, I buy the Detours bars and they come at about just $1 a bar!

The Muscle milk light is my go to protein to take with me whenever I am on the run, it comes out at about $2 a shake.

I just wanted to mention that if you decide to order from Nashua, there is this website that I use to help me figure out how much the cost will be, and it is pretty accurate, there might be a minor difference in the price but at least you'll know approximately what you are going to pay:

http://www.thefinalcost.com/

Hope this helps
Thanks for the info on the website, I also buy detour bars and premier protein drinks from costco. Hopefully my last shipment from proteinwell will last until I finish my reboot
Old 01-30-2013, 11:01 AM   #29  
Restarting IP 100%

Sorry, just an editing to what I wrote, I just looked at the box of Whey protein that I buy from Costco and it is the Leanfit one not the Kaizen.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:41 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 290/241/145

Height: 5'4"

I'm very sad that proteinwell.ca seems to have gone out of business! I had planned to order a bunch of stuff next week I *think* that ProtiDiet also has a line called ProtiLife, which is available at my local pharmacy. I bought a box of *restricted* snack bars, and they seem to be the exact same as the ProtiDiet ones. Will have to look into the rest of the products to see if there are substitutes.

I was really looking forward to pizza tho
loopers is offline   Reply With Quote