Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 09:48 AM   #181  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

S/C/G: 250/119/124

Good morning ladies! We fell to page 2 again, can't let that happen!

I weighed in today and had a small "whoosh" of 2.4 pounds. So, I have now lost 70.4. New avatar!

And, was lucky with the trade in basket at my clinic - someone had actually put the chocolate pancake mix in there! Got that, some maple oatmeal and - wait for it - chocolate covered soy balls! Who the heck doesn't like those?? I traded in my nasty salt and vinegar ridges and the vanilla peanut bar (which they had given me by mistake when I ordered peanut crunch.) So, SCORE!

Yes, my life is pretty boring, these little things psych me up, LOL!
Old 02-05-2013, 10:06 AM   #182  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
All this talk about argon oil, I just ordered some. My face needs all the help it can get.

Sorry to hear your PT is hurting. After two months, they are wearing me out with my PT. She is now working to improve my walk as getting that right will take some of the wear and tear off my foot. They are also working on really building my muscles as part of all of that. She said the upper body will support everything. Yes, sometimes when I leave it really hurts. I'm interested in the ultrasound therapy. My therapist doesn't really think it does any good, so she hardly uses it. I had read on the Maintainer's thread about evepet and ishbel and their experience. I'm really tempted to try it, not just for me, but DH has some things it may benefit. Just wish I could find a 30 day money back guarantee deal evepet did. Will keep looking.

Enough about me. This thread has been pretty quiet. Hope everyone out there is okay. Miss your posts as I don't really read too many threads now. Love this one.

Molly
Yes, this thread has been quiet lately. It's my favorite too, so I try to visit at least once daily.

As to the ultrasound.... maybe call QVC and see if they are apt to have that type of product on in the near future? I would imagine they offer a quarantee, similiar to what theshoppingchannel in Canada does. I see that that the company (Sonic Relief Canada) that I bought my unit from offers a 60 day money back guarantee. I know they are reputable through my personal dealings with them. There must be similiar units being sold in the USA, but of course I'm not familiar with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Hi all,
It is pretty quiet and like Molly, I really like this thread. Re argan oil, I use it around my eyes but also use emu oil combined with any of a few eye creams since emu oil (as I understand it - could be wrong) is an amazing carrier of whatever is mixed with it, goes 6-7 layers deep into the skin, so quite penetrating. Argan oil is a little thinner and doesn't penetrate as deeply.

Interesting folks are talking about argan oil as I was also just thinking about using it more so did some research. Didn't read anything scientific but lots of different perspectives and came away with another idea and it uses things I have already in the house. I am going to mix equal parts of pure shea butter with pure virgin coconut oil and use that as a lotion on my neck, chest and arms. BTW, I saw last week that Costco is now selling pure, virgin coconut oil at a good price. I've been using coconut oil since last summer, alternating with olive oil for sauteing/cooking. Now I'm going to use it on my body.
Emu oil eh? I've certainly heard of it - but haven't tried it. I'll have to read up on it. I do really like shea butter though - it's the main ingredient in one of my favorite hand creams. Your idea of combining pure shea butter with pure virgin coconut oil makes a lot of sense. I've been putting some pure coconut oil on my skin after showers and baths lately, and that has helped too. Our winter cold weather, winds, and constant indoor heating can really dehydrate the skin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Tsk tsk.. page 2.. no way!
Watched Men in Black 3 tonight. It was pretty good. Made kale chips today, ate 1/2 of them at the "movies" so have 1/2 for tomorrow yippie!

Well that's about it for now.
Back to page one for us!
Hi Halfagain! Glad you're still enjoying the kale chips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonS View Post

I weighed in today and had a small "whoosh" of 2.4 pounds. So, I have now lost 70.4. New avatar!

And, was lucky with the trade in basket at my clinic - someone had actually put the chocolate pancake mix in there! Got that, some maple oatmeal and - wait for it - chocolate covered soy balls! Who the heck doesn't like those?? I traded in my nasty salt and vinegar ridges and the vanilla peanut bar (which they had given me by mistake when I ordered peanut crunch.) So, SCORE!

Congrats! On both the good WI and your 'finds' in the trade basket. Everybody's tastes are different I guess. Anyway - that was lucky!

---------------------

Nothing major to report from my end. Just checking in to say 'Hi!'
I hope you all have a very good day.

Last edited by evepet; 02-05-2013 at 10:16 AM.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:31 AM   #183  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Yes, this thread has been quiet lately. It's my favorite too, so I try to visit at least once daily.

As to the ultrasound.... maybe call QVC and see if they are apt to have that type of product on in the near future? I would imagine they offer a quarantee, similiar to what theshoppingchannel in Canada does. I see that that the company (Sonic Relief Canada) that I bought my unit from offers a 60 day money back guarantee. I know they are reputable through my personal dealings with them. There must be similiar units being sold in the USA, but of course I'm not familiar with them.

Emu oil eh? I've certainly heard of it - but haven't tried it. I'll have to read up on it. I do really like shea butter though - it's the main ingredient in one of my favorite hand creams. Your idea of combining pure shea butter with pure virgin coconut oil makes a lot of sense. I've been putting some pure coconut oil on my skin after showers and baths lately, and that has helped too. Our winter cold weather, winds, and constant indoor heating can really dehydrate the skin.

Hi Halfagain! Glad you're still enjoying the kale chips.

Congrats! On both the good WI and your 'finds' in the trade basket. Everybody's tastes are different I guess. Anyway - that was lucky!

---------------------

Nothing major to report from my end. Just checking in to say 'Hi!'
I hope you all have a very good day.
Thanks. I've been on their website, but I did not read far enough to see their guarantee. I will probably try it.

Today I'm waiting to see the eye doctor. My contact doesn't quite fit on my eye (hard lenses)

Molly
Old 02-05-2013, 02:29 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Quote:

that's a great loss! Good job.

Hi all, having a sleepy day today, think I just might have a little nap, anyway check Yall later chickies.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:52 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
I Love the boots! What a great present!

I have decided I'm going to upcycle some boots as a reward for myself. I've been scouring the thrift stores to find just the right boots. Sort of like these...I know they look junky but for some reason, I love them! http://www.etsy.com/listing/10612132..._type=handmade
Those are wild!!! Have you ever heard of Junk Gypsies??? They had a show on HGTV (Don't know if it's coming back). Anyway, they not only recycle and redesign, they have a website shop too. http://gypsyville.com/"]
I love some of their stuff!!

Deffo gotta plan a gtg at Maezys!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Hello!

I did find some shoes I love. Italian leather - yes they were a true splurge that I didn't intend to do. I'm still trying to justify buying them.
only in a reddish/brown color. Nordstrom Rack is a discount store where they sell close outs, returns, or other. I didn't see any others like them, so I'm guessing they were a return. Anyway, I'm very happy. They will be going to GA on my trip! I tried on a couple dresses but decided I wouldn't get my monies worth out of them with my weight loss going on still. So I just had fun trying them on. I figure shoes will fit now even when I'm at goal, I've gone down a size already, and they aren't that much bigger than what I wore in high school.
Very much in style and adorable!!!! YOU DESERVE IT!!!
Old 02-05-2013, 03:19 PM   #186  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Emu oil? That's a new one to me...

What a morning - we both slept through my alarm (goes off an hour earlier than VIPs), so I got up an hour late. First thing discovered our water lines were frozen! Guess the temps in our area were down to -18F during the night. Took all morning to get them thawed out. Thank goodness VIP was home and not working 4 hrs away! Finally got to work at 12:30. Good thing is that the lines did not burst -THAT would have been a disaster!

Quote:

Congratulations on the WI!! Whoo hoo! And excellent finds in the trade in basket! My clinic doesn't even carry the choc pancake mix. Guess they think customers used them too often or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
that's a great loss! Good job.

Hi all, having a sleepy day today, think I just might have a little nap, anyway check Yall later chickies.
Sweet dreams Teena...

I am applying for a different job...have stressed over writing the cover letter for 2 nights, but finally got it done last night. Will drop it off in the morning, as I'll be driving right by there on my way back from PT. Fingers crossed everyone!
Old 02-05-2013, 03:28 PM   #187  

S/C/G: 250/215/150

Height: 5.4

Congrats to all that have done so well. I am striving for the same. I am stuck with a loss of 1lb a week and i am following the diet. No Cheating !. I am getting discouraged. My hours were cut on my job. That $100 a week is killer). $100 per 1lb makes it harder. I am looking at other weight loss programs that or more affordable. I really want to stay on this one. Hoping things work in my favor.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:35 PM   #188  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
I can't quote from the previous thread as rainbow has closed it.

Barb, where in Georgia might you be sent? I'm in Georgia and would love to try to catch up with you while you're here. Let me know.

I feel for those up in the cold. It's in the 60s here. This will probably be my last southern winter.

I see we have some new posters. I feel for you trying to keep up with all of the threads. I quit and stick with this and the 100% thread. Don't get discouraged, at least come here we're sanely insane.

Ninjanurse, go for it. I can't wear boots with the adema problems in my legs, but I love anything studded and embroidered.

NSV got comfortably into jeans I could not get past my thighs about 6 weeks ago. I've only lost about 10# in that time. Still sculpting, I guess.
Molly
Congrats to all that have done so well. I am striving for the same. I am stuck with a loss of 1lb a week and i am following the diet. No Cheating !. I am getting discouraged. My hours were cut on my job. That $100 a week is killer). $100 per 1lb makes it harder. I am looking at other weight loss programs that or more affordable. I really want to stay on this one. Hoping things work in my favor.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:37 PM   #189  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaNurse View Post
Those are wild!!! Have you ever heard of Junk Gypsies??? They had a show on HGTV (Don't know if it's coming back). Anyway, they not only recycle and redesign, they have a website shop too. http://gypsyville.com/"]
I love some of their stuff!!

Deffo gotta plan a gtg at Maezys!!!

Very much in style and adorable!!!! YOU DESERVE IT!!!
That shoe is really cute. Wishing that store was in my area
Old 02-05-2013, 04:09 PM   #190  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gidgetonsweets View Post
Hi Gidget! How long have you been on IP? Are you over 50? Those of us in the Fab 50s & above generally do have a slower weight loss than our lucky younger peeps. Be sure you get more than the minimum amount of water they say to drink, get the oil & salt in every day too. If you're exercising, keep it to a minimum - you should be able to talk normally without running out of breath while exercising on phase 1. I do understand your frustration, and the money issue. I switched from using all IP products to a combo of IP & alternative...but did not tell my coach. (My clinic was one where I could pick out the products myself from the shelves in the waiting room.) This really helped financially. Check out the Alternative threads for the best products & websites to shop from. I prefer Nashua Nutrition, but have ordered from a couple others as well. Good luck to you!
Old 02-05-2013, 04:47 PM   #191  
Re-Start 10/18/2013

S/C/G: 242/242/165

Hello everyone, hanging in there with the start of week 3.

Kim
Old 02-05-2013, 05:57 PM   #192  

Default Newbie to 3FC boards

Hi... I just recently began to post and joined the 50 day challenge on another thread for IP... I am over 50 and have been on IP since June 2012....Have lost 50 lbs in 6 months, gained 6 lbs during Dec...and back to losing again....I am 22 lbs from goal. I am also a member of a closed group on FB named Southern 3FC which has been a great source for support.
Anyway, thought i would check into this group for additional support etc. On FB the girls wanted a group board on Pinterest that everyone could follow and be a board contributor, as well, on Pinterest. It is comprised of only IP (all phases) Recipes if you are interested. I did post the link on the 3FC's IP Recipe's newest thread. I thought i would post it here too....If anyone objects feel free to let me know and it will be removed...being a newbie and all, I am still learning about this site....Here is the link for anyone who may be interested....I cannot send private messages yet but am getting closer by posting more comments etc....Once i can , I can then add those who message me to the IP PInterest Recipe board...here is the link....some great IP recipes.........http://pinterest.com/marieroseb/idea...uthern-chicks/ Hope you all find them helpful....I am hoping to get to goal by April 25th....Thanks you..and Have a great day! Marie

Last edited by thatgirl77; 02-05-2013 at 06:00 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:52 PM   #193  

EVEPET come on and jump on the cowboy boot wagon!!! I'm so excited to get mine and I don't even know which ones I'm getting!
GREENIRIS yes, PT hurts if it is done correctly! I have had all kinds of PT and the ultrasound feels wonderful!! I have also had the needling technique as well...OUCH! In the end though I am much better because of it
Well my week has been crazy and not about to stop until Friday and then I have a week off!
Old 02-05-2013, 08:08 PM   #194  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Emu oil? That's a new one to me...

What a morning - we both slept through my alarm (goes off an hour earlier than VIPs), so I got up an hour late. First thing discovered our water lines were frozen! Guess the temps in our area were down to -18F during the night. Took all morning to get them thawed out. Thank goodness VIP was home and not working 4 hrs away! Finally got to work at 12:30. Good thing is that the lines did not burst -THAT would have been a disaster!

Congratulations on the WI!! Whoo hoo! And excellent finds in the trade in basket! My clinic doesn't even carry the choc pancake mix. Guess they think customers used them too often or something.

Sweet dreams Teena...

I am applying for a different job...have stressed over writing the cover letter for 2 nights, but finally got it done last night. Will drop it off in the morning, as I'll be driving right by there on my way back from PT. Fingers crossed everyone!
Wow. Can't believe it was that cold up there and your pipes froze. Sorry to hear you had to deal with that, but so glad the pipes did not burst. We have had that happen here at the house twice in Georgia. The magic number is 15 degrees. I know if it's forecast to be 20 or below, I will leave the bath tub drip. Of course, down here, the houses and plumbing aren't designed for teens and lower though we occasionally get them. The cottage up near you is winterized. The guy blows out all the water and then blows RV antifreeze throughout the system. The year I had someone else, we had 5 broken pipes. Who knows what they did (or didn't do).

Good luck on the job application. There doesn't seem to be too much more stressful than cover letters and resumes. I so hope that is over in my life. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gidgetonsweets View Post

Do not get discouraged. As it's been already said, we lose slower. It does make it hard financially when you're losing slowly. Do read the alternative threads and ask questions. I was on strictly IP for 3 months. Between the finances and a bad coach, I studied the alternatives threads, talked to some seasoned veterans, and have been on alternatives since last April. I'll be glad to answer questions. It is possible and there is nothing wrong with alternatives. It's great as it allows you to continue with the principles of the program, but not that expense. I urge people to stay on IP if they can, but if not, alternatives work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimInWA View Post
Hello everyone, hanging in there with the start of week 3.

Kim

Things should start to seem easier now that you're on week 3. The first couple weeks can be a challenge, plus just getting used to the program itself. Come here often and read the posts. There is a wealth of knowledge here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatgirl77 View Post
Hi... I just recently began to post and joined the 50 day challenge on another thread for IP... I am over 50 and have been on IP since June 2012....Have lost 50 lbs in 6 months, gained 6 lbs during Dec...and back to losing again....I am 22 lbs from goal. I am also a member of a closed group on FB named Southern 3FC which has been a great source for support.
Anyway, thought i would check into this group for additional support etc. On FB the girls wanted a group board on Pinterest that everyone could follow and be a board contributor, as well, on Pinterest. It is comprised of only IP (all phases) Recipes if you are interested. I did post the link on the 3FC's IP Recipe's newest thread. I thought i would post it here too....If anyone objects feel free to let me know and it will be removed...being a newbie and all, I am still learning about this site....Here is the link for anyone who may be interested....I cannot send private messages yet but am getting closer by posting more comments etc....Once i can , I can then add those who message me to the IP PInterest Recipe board...here is the link....some great IP recipes.........http://pinterest.com/marieroseb/idea...uthern-chicks/ Hope you all find them helpful....I am hoping to get to goal by April 25th....Thanks you..and Have a great day! Marie
A third
Today must be the day for 50+ newbies. This is a great bunch. You'll love it here.

I saw your post in another thread in the pinterest recipes and love it. I have it pinned as a tab so I can see what's new each day. I started creating my own cookbook when I started IP a year ago. I love recipes. It's up to 200 pages now. Thanks for telling us about the site. In fact, tonight's dinner was from a recipe on there, Kalua Pig aka Kalua Pork. It was really good. mmmm

Come here often and don't be afraid to ask questions. We're all here for each others support on this journey. We were all newbies at one time and know how intimidating it can be. Don't let it be, though.

I've decided that I am working harder now that I'm retired than when I was working, but it is what I want to do and on my time schedule. That makes it so much less stressful.

Molly
Old 02-06-2013, 09:41 AM   #195  
Started IP 3/26/12

We'd slipped onto the 2nd page again...

Good day to everyone. Hope you all have a very good day.
Closed Thread