Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Thanks ladies!
For our newcomers, here is the old avatar, 60 lbs ago
Wow, Lisa! You look FABULOUS!!
Old 01-25-2013, 01:47 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Maezy1: I'll have to meet you down South to get some proper help with buying cowboy boots. Thanks to you 'enablers' I am pouring over the Country Outfitters site!!
Old 01-25-2013, 04:49 PM   #33  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusflower View Post
You are SO right about finding a few threads to join. I just about gave up hope after posting a few places and was pretty much ignored but I am feeling so good about finding this thread!!

Thanks so much everyone
I sort of felt like that at first too. It was almost that I had to get some weight off to be credible (or it felt that way). I'm feeling good about this tread too Also there's no shortage of helpers on most of the lists already, so sometimes it feels like so many people respond with the same thing. I guess I feel more chatty here and go off topic often. Nobody yells at me for that (yet)

I found a scrub top in my sister's things. It's pretty blue with purple and sort of flowery mix. Shiny poly or whatever .. with pockets. These tops are handy! If I do go traveling I'm going to wear this and my cargo pants with pockets all over them LOL. So much for restrictions on purses and computer bags etc.. I'll just have items stored all over in all my pockets. Imagine getting thru the metal detector - emptying them all out hahaha.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:00 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
I sort of felt like that at first too. It was almost that I had to get some weight off to be credible (or it felt that way). I'm feeling good about this tread too Also there's no shortage of helpers on most of the lists already, so sometimes it feels like so many people respond with the same thing. I guess I feel more chatty here and go off topic often. Nobody yells at me for that (yet)

I found a scrub top in my sister's things. It's pretty blue with purple and sort of flowery mix. Shiny poly or whatever .. with pockets. These tops are handy! If I do go traveling I'm going to wear this and my cargo pants with pockets all over them LOL. So much for restrictions on purses and computer bags etc.. I'll just have items stored all over in all my pockets. Imagine getting thru the metal detector - emptying them all out hahaha.
Thank you so much for this post! It's so nice to know others feel the same way. And BTW, you are doing a fantastic job!!!
Old 01-25-2013, 06:50 PM   #35  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
NSV got comfortably into jeans I could not get past my thighs about 6 weeks ago. I've only lost about 10# in that time. Still sculpting, I guess.
Molly
Whoo hooo!! WTG Molly - this must feel especially good after your last WI...can't always go by the # on the scale my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonS View Post
I had a nice NSV last night - I was at a training session for Master Gardeners in my county, and I was looking at the shirts that they had for sale at the break. I told the lady that was selling them that I wanted a light green one, and she said "OK, fill out the order form - what size do you take, small?"

OMG someone thought I was a size small! Not really even close to that, but OMG! Made my day!!

I have been buying clothes kind of out of necessity, because after you lose 66.8 pounds nothing fits, not even underwear. I share the concern about dressing too young. It has been so long since I have worn clothes that can even be remotely considered fitted, I'm just not even sure what I am supposed to look like, if that makes sense. Since I still have a ways to go with my weight loss, I am reluctant to buy anything too expensive or too many clothes at one particular size.
Way cool NSV! Be sure to check out the 2nd hand stores - I have been amazed at the great clothes I've been able to find at them. The Salvation Army Family Store loved seeing me come in because they knew whatever I bought would be donated right back to them in a few weeks to be sold again. This way you can try different styles inexensively as well, see what looks and feels good in more fitted styles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Been so busy, I forgot to report that I bought a new suit for work this weekend, and the pants were size 6!! I have been maintaining for 2 months now in a very narrow range, so this was a surprise. I am happy to be an 8, but it still felt nice! Still wish I would lose more in the top, but it's looking like that's not meant to be... Anyhow, I should be ready for my upcoming job interview.
Surprise! Must be your body is still 'sculpting'! Best of luck with the interview Lizzy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
Oh girl I here you about waiting to get anything new, most of my cloths I'm pretty much swimming in, all I have gotten are 2 pants and 2 shirts, almost afraid not sure why but I really need to get over being afraid to get rid of all these, I kinda look pitiful so my sister says, HA!
Teena, it will be like a weight off your shoulders to get rid of those too-big clothes! I know what you mean about feeling almost afraid; but you are still the same person inside where it counts. I had these 'identity crisis' things a few times throughout my journey too. You've worked hard to get where you are gf. Let yourself enjoy your successes along the way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I've been tracking my daily food intake on fatsecret.com since last March. I love being able to see not only the carb/fat/protein intake per day, etc., but also the amount of sodium, potassium, etc. I find it really useful. You'll get to the point where it takes no time at all to keep track of things there.

--------------------------

Hi everyone. Was surprised when I stepped on my Omron this am to see that I'm down a bit again... down to 153.2 this am, which is about a -1lb loss in less than a week. Maybe some sodium retention before? Not sure... the only other thing I've been doing differently is adding the vibracize. It is supposed to help weight loss, so maybe it really IS helping. Whatever, I'll take it.

Hope all of you have a great day.
Congrats on the loss! I'd really like to try the vibracizer, but my gym doesn't have one. (Maybe I'll ask to see if they are thinking about it.) Also not sure how it would effect my knee right now.

I use MFP, but find it frustrating trying to figure out everything in my 'recipes'. As I rarely use an actual recipe, every time I make meatloaf or chili for example, it's different from the last time, so I have to enter the whole thing all over again. Time-consuming & frustrating, but necessary for continued success.

Quote:
I'm shopping 2nd hand stores. I'm fine right now but when warm weather hits, I'll have ONE pair of capris. NOTHING ELSE!

My husband and I belong to a club that has T-Shirts. Last nite I inquired about a new one. Mine is a 2x and is basically a dress now. I said I could use a large but maybe I should wait a bit and just get a medium. The owner told me when I'm ready for a medium, she'll GIVE IT TO ME (I was offering to purchase). Definitely waiting for the M now! Since I've always been busty, I'm guessing a small will not be in the future.
WOW! Lisa - you look fabulous! What a fantastic change! And...Great NSV! There's some motivation for you! LOL RE: warm weather clothes - I've been buying a summer shirt here and there when I find one I like on clearance sales, but no shorts or capris yet.

Edit - THANK YOU for sharing Nashua Nutrition's promotion! I just looked at their site earlier this week and didn't like this week's specials, so was going to wait another week or so...now I don't have to

Last edited by greeniris; 01-25-2013 at 09:24 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:32 PM   #36  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Quote:
Thanks ladies!
Haven't been on all day, but WOW Lisa, you look great. So different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusflower View Post
You are SO right about finding a few threads to join. I just about gave up hope after posting a few places and was pretty much ignored but I am feeling so good about finding this thread!!

Thanks so much everyone
If you ever get ignored on this thread, PLEASE let us know. We want to keep our good reputation of being a warm bunch of people.

Am fighting a cold. Have had it on and off all week. My doctor said sometimes your body can suppress it pretty well. Today was pretty much a downhill battle. Need to get to bed early as I just can't pass up a few yard sales tomorrow morning. Of course, always checking for inexpensive clothes since my wardrobe is a bit skimpy now.

Molly
Old 01-25-2013, 08:36 PM   #37  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:

Am fighting a cold. Have had it on and off all week. My doctor said sometimes your body can suppress it pretty well. Today was pretty much a downhill battle. Need to get to bed early as I just can't pass up a few yard sales tomorrow morning. Of course, always checking for inexpensive clothes since my wardrobe is a bit skimpy now.

Molly
aww molly....i have been fighting mine off for a month, it comes anc goes, fever, chills, runny nose, drainage, it basically sucks!!

ooooo i haven't been to a yard sale in years!!! wish i was there!!

take care dear friend!
susan
Old 01-25-2013, 09:26 PM   #38  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Feel better soon Molly.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:58 PM   #39  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Welcome to all the newbies! I love this thread, and spend most of my time here, even though I'm officially in maintenance now. It can be overwhelming to try to keep up with so many different threads, so find a couple you're comfortable with, then check in often and post frequently. It really does help, even if you have a great coach.

Fishette - a special thank you to you for recommending the cream to help with my constant hot flashes. The cream does seem to be working - hot flashes are dwindling.

I'm glad it is helping! I tell everyone it really saved my sanity, and that was 10 years ago.

I just hang out here in this thread, plus the Maintainers and Reboot thread. It's funny because the folks that used to be chatty on the Maintainers thread are now chatty on the Reboot thread. It is good to know that we can continue to support each other through all our phases and cycles. But if you see something clever on another thread, I wouldn't mind if you put a link to it here. .

Definitely going to use the Nashua code. That's super!
Old 01-26-2013, 07:31 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Quote:

If you ever get ignored on this thread, PLEASE let us know. We want to keep our good reputation of being a warm bunch of people.

Molly
Thanks so much Molly - it really is as great thread. Hope you feel better and have a great time shopping
Old 01-26-2013, 07:39 AM   #41  

Quote:

Am fighting a cold. Have had it on and off all week. My doctor said sometimes your body can suppress it pretty well.
Thanks so much, Molly. I figured it was time to show the 60 lb loss.

I hope you & rainbow are taking your Vitamin C & D3. I REALLY cut down on the viruses I caught when I normalized D levels. I had no idea most people are deficient until a few years ago! It probably took a year for my body to really normalize but since then, I rarely get a cold. I just had one in Dec but in 2011 DH had 4 or 5 and I had ZERO. And I work in preschools and daycares! I swear by it!

cactusflower: I felt ignored when I first started on the boards too. I think it is about jumping in, asking questions, having people getting to know you. I'm glad you found a place that feels comfortable. I lurked A LOT at first until I found a comfort level. I got my feelings hurt and almost left once (nobody knew but me). I'm glad I stayed!

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-26-2013 at 07:43 AM.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:52 AM   #42  

WOW! GreenIris you are right!!! Miss a few days and 3 pages are full!!!
GREENIRIS thanks for staying on this site and page. You are such an inspiration to me!

welcome to all the newcomers!!! It is wonderful to have new faces on the 50+ page!!!!!

Wore my smaller size jeans (16) and a fitted shirt to work yesterday and was bombarded with compliments. I am not comfortable with this yet but I am working on it. I had 3 people come in my office and talk to me about wearing clothes that fit to show off my body and that I better do this all the time.
A GREAT NSV yesterday - ok the bad news - I found a lump during my monthly exam. Went to the dr, referred to the surgeon and I am thinking very positive and all will be fine. I never once thought about eating to sooth my emotions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love ALL of you!!!!!!!! THIS is what 3FC & especially THIS thread has done for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by maezy1; 01-26-2013 at 07:53 AM.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:30 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default AlisonS- Congrats!

Alison- congrats on your 65+lb loss...and have fun shopping!!!

I can't wait until I have that problem. I've only been on the plan since the second week of January...and have lost only 4.7 lbs so far... so I have a L-O-N-G way to go....but your success gives me hope. I will be 65 at the end of August...and my goal is 65 lbs for my 65th! That is a little less than 10 lbs a month...and looking at your tracker...you have done a great job.

You need to be my new best friend....

Last edited by 65X65; 01-26-2013 at 08:30 AM.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:59 AM   #44  

Quote:
Thanks ladies!
OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU LOOK AMAZING! What a transformation in your body weight and love your new style. Beautiful!

Last edited by brunette8706; 01-26-2013 at 10:05 AM.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:02 AM   #45  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
WOW! GreenIris you are right!!! Miss a few days and 3 pages are full!!!
GREENIRIS thanks for staying on this site and page. You are such an inspiration to me!

welcome to all the newcomers!!! It is wonderful to have new faces on the 50+ page!!!!!

Wore my smaller size jeans (16) and a fitted shirt to work yesterday and was bombarded with compliments. I am not comfortable with this yet but I am working on it. I had 3 people come in my office and talk to me about wearing clothes that fit to show off my body and that I better do this all the time.
A GREAT NSV yesterday - ok the bad news - I found a lump during my monthly exam. Went to the dr, referred to the surgeon and I am thinking very positive and all will be fine. I never once thought about eating to sooth my emotions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love ALL of you!!!!!!!! THIS is what 3FC & especially THIS thread has done for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maezy - sorry you have to deal with a lump now, on top of everything else! Keep thinking positive. You know all of us will be sending good thoughts your way!

Not eating at a time like that is a great NSV - not sure i could handle it so well.
Closed Thread