Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 9

You're on Page 4 of 33
Go to
  • Lisa- Your sucess is a real big big deal
    ..to all of us getting started...& your pics are just incredible and gorgeous! Your support and advice is really a gift to the community. Thx!
  • Quote: Maezy1: I'll have to meet you down South to get some proper help with buying cowboy boots. Thanks to you 'enablers' I am pouring over the Country Outfitters site!!
    Another enabler here!! Go ahead and allow a little fun and drama into your wardrobe. You deserve it. Besides, it's fun to try different looks. Cowboy boots are an 'investment'. You'll be able to wear them for years so get a pair you really love.

Quote: I sort of felt like that at first too. It was almost that I had to get some weight off to be credible (or it felt that way). I'm feeling good about this tread too Also there's no shortage of helpers on most of the lists already, so sometimes it feels like so many people respond with the same thing. I guess I feel more chatty here and go off topic often. Nobody yells at me for that (yet)

I found a scrub top in my sister's things. It's pretty blue with purple and sort of flowery mix. Shiny poly or whatever .. with pockets. These tops are handy! If I do go traveling I'm going to wear this and my cargo pants with pockets all over them LOL. So much for restrictions on purses and computer bags etc.. I'll just have items stored all over in all my pockets. Imagine getting thru the metal detector - emptying them all out hahaha.
    This is my main thread now, along with sometimes posting in the maintenance thread and occasionally checking the daily chat. But this is my favorite. You have me picturing you as you check through those metal detectors, loaded down with your IP 'bits and bobs'. LOL.

Quote: Thank you so much for this post! It's so nice to know others feel the same way. And BTW, you are doing a fantastic job!!!
    It's great to have you here cactusflower, and I'm glad that you feel comfortable. This is a great group and we're always willing to share our collective experience and chat about whatever is on our minds.

Quote: [COLOR="DarkGreen"]

Congrats on the loss! I'd really like to try the vibracizer, but my gym doesn't have one. (Maybe I'll ask to see if they are thinking about it.) Also not sure how it would effect my knee right now.

I use MFP, but find it frustrating trying to figure out everything in my 'recipes'. As I rarely use an actual recipe, every time I make meatloaf or chili for example, it's different from the last time, so I have to enter the whole thing all over again. Time-consuming & frustrating, but necessary for continued success.
    Thx Greeniris. I am really pleased to see my waist and stomach being whittled down. Not just for the aesthetics of it, but because of health implications. As to vibracize, I know that it's used for therapy fairly extensively but whether or not it would be good for your knee would depend on the diagnosis you get. If you find a place that offers vibracize sessions locally, you might want to look into it. I was examining myself in my full length mirror this morning (also trying on some clothes, etc) and noticed that the cellulite in my thighs is much better. I can't say for sure that it's the vibracize that has done it, but there's nothing else I've altered in my routine.

Quote:
    Am fighting a cold. Have had it on and off all week. My doctor said sometimes your body can suppress it pretty well. Today was pretty much a downhill battle. Need to get to bed early as I just can't pass up a few yard sales tomorrow morning. Of course, always checking for inexpensive clothes since my wardrobe is a bit skimpy now.

Molly
    Sorry to hear that you've been fighting a cold bug Molly. Hope you knock it out soon. And good luck at the yard sale today - I love them!

Quote: aww molly....i have been fighting mine off for a month, it comes anc goes, fever, chills, runny nose, drainage, it basically sucks!!

ooooo i haven't been to a yard sale in years!!! wish i was there!!

take care dear friend!
    susan
    Hi Susan! Another yard sale lover here...... I've gotta wait until spring though, unless somebody here wants to hold one in the snow.

Quote: I'm glad it is helping! I tell everyone it really saved my sanity, and that was 10 years ago.

I just hang out here in this thread, plus the Maintainers and Reboot thread. It's funny because the folks that used to be chatty on the Maintainers thread are now chatty on the Reboot thread. It is good to know that we can continue to support each other through all our phases and cycles. But if you see something clever on another thread, I wouldn't mind if you put a link to it here. .

Definitely going to use the Nashua code. That's super!
    I recall looking for something to 'save my sanity' because of all those menopausal symptoms around 10 years ago too. If I'd heard of this cream back then I probably would have tried it before resorting to HRT as I did for a couple of years. I was so tired out from lack of good sleep (night sweats) that I would have tried anything. I'm so glad it's helping greeniris.

Quote: Thanks so much, Molly. I figured it was time to show the 60 lb loss.

I hope you & rainbow are taking your Vitamin C & D3. I REALLY cut down on the viruses I caught when I normalized D levels. I had no idea most people are deficient until a few years ago! It probably took a year for my body to really normalize but since then, I rarely get a cold. I just had one in Dec but in 2011 DH had 4 or 5 and I had ZERO. And I work in preschools and daycares! I swear by it!
    Wow Lisa, you really do look different - and AMAZING! Way to Go!!

BTW, I agree about the VitC and D3. While I did catch one of these bugs back in early December, it was relatively mild compared to what I saw going on around me. From what I read, adequate levels of VitC and D3 are also helpful for weight loss and maintenance.

Quote:
    Wore my smaller size jeans (16) and a fitted shirt to work yesterday and was bombarded with compliments. I am not comfortable with this yet but I am working on it. I had 3 people come in my office and talk to me about wearing clothes that fit to show off my body and that I better do this all the time.
    A GREAT NSV yesterday - ok the bad news - I found a lump during my monthly exam. Went to the dr, referred to the surgeon and I am thinking very positive and all will be fine. I never once thought about eating to sooth my emotions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love ALL of you!!!!!!!! THIS is what 3FC & especially THIS thread has done for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Keep positive Maezy. It's great that you didn't even think of eating during your stressful time as an emotional crutch.

And kudos on the compliments about your new slimmed down look in your size 16s. It's nice that some of your colleagues responded so positively.

Quote: I had a nice NSV last night - I was at a training session for Master Gardeners in my county, and I was looking at the shirts that they had for sale at the break. I told the lady that was selling them that I wanted a light green one, and she said "OK, fill out the order form - what size do you take, small?"

OMG someone thought I was a size small! Not really even close to that, but OMG! Made my day!!

I have been buying clothes kind of out of necessity, because after you lose 66.8 pounds nothing fits, not even underwear. I share the concern about dressing too young. It has been so long since I have worn clothes that can even be remotely considered fitted, I'm just not even sure what I am supposed to look like, if that makes sense. Since I still have a ways to go with my weight loss, I am reluctant to buy anything too expensive or too many clothes at one particular size.
    What a great NSV! I know the feeling about not wanting to buy too many clothes in one size or style - we zip through the sizes pretty quickly, and the costs can add up. Like many others here, I've been checking my local consignment shops from time to time to see what might catch my eye and look good. I'll soon start checking for summer blouses, slacks, and capris.

Quote: Welcome to the new folks - Becky, cactusflower, and any others that I missed. Lots of new people lately - should keep things interesting!

Barb - congrats on the jeans!

Been so busy, I forgot to report that I bought a new suit for work this weekend, and the pants were size 6!! I have been maintaining for 2 months now in a very narrow range, so this was a surprise. I am happy to be an 8, but it still felt nice! Still wish I would lose more in the top, but it's looking like that's not meant to be... Anyhow, I should be ready for my upcoming job interview.
    Size 6 pants! Woo-hoo! You're doing wonderfully well in maintenance. It's reassuring to see. BTW - best of luck on the upcoming job interview.

Quote: Oh girl I here you about waiting to get anything new, most of my cloths I'm pretty much swimming in, all I have gotten are 2 pants and 2 shirts, almost afraid not sure why but I really need to get over being afraid to get rid of all these, I kinda look pitiful so my sister says, HA!
    Get out there (budget permitting of course) and get yourself some clothes that fit! and show off that new, slimmed down figure. As several others have pointed out too, you can find some good stuff in consignment shops too. I hear you re 'hanging on' to some bigger clothes... not sure why exactly, but I've still got a few 'bigger' items hanging around too. I did give many of my 'biggest' sizes to my local Good Will a few months ago, but now my 'medium big' clothes are too baggy, and taking up space in my closet. I had a range of sizes of clothes stored away that I've progressively fitted back in to as I've lost the weight, and now I'm in my smallest ones. I think the only 'bigger' clothes that I'll hang on to are some T-shirts, sweaters, and fleece tops that I like better a bit looser anyway.

--------------------

Hi everyone! Happy Saturday!

Got up this am and for some reason was in a mood to try on some clothes again. As you know, I was chuffed to fit into my old and dearly loved jeans last weekend. Well, I located the other item of clothing that I hadn't yet been able to fit back in to - a slim fitting pair of teal blue dress slacks - and they fit perfectly again! Woo-hoo! There was no way I could have got the zipper or buttons done up back before Christmas. I'm only -4 lbs lighter, but I've definitely been re-sculpting through the tummy and mid-section. Gotta love it. I also tried on several tops and I find I've lost just enough more through the stomach area that everything just slides down and fits loosely enough to look great. I really don't think I need to lose much more at this point, just concentrate on toning up. All in all, feeling very positive about myself today.

(Sorry this turned out to be a bit 'me.. me.. me') I think we all have to have a healthy degree of self-love though, in order to feel justifiably proud of ourselves, the way we look & feel at our improved weight levels. It supports and drives the determination and resolve to keep going - or maintaining - whatever the personal case may be.

Cheers for now.
  • Quote: I'm glad it is helping! I tell everyone it really saved my sanity, and that was 10 years ago.

I just hang out here in this thread, plus the Maintainers and Reboot thread. It's funny because the folks that used to be chatty on the Maintainers thread are now chatty on the Reboot thread. It is good to know that we can continue to support each other through all our phases and cycles. But if you see something clever on another thread, I wouldn't mind if you put a link to it here. .

Definitely going to use the Nashua code. That's super!
    I've noticed the Maintainers thread is pretty quiet most of the time; must be because some have gone to the Reboot thread. I'll have to check that one out (it's probably the one I 'should' be on anyway).
    Went to Nashua's site last nite to order, and my favorite bar (HealthSmart choc peanut) is out of stock! That's never happened So holding my order until the last minute for the promo to see if they come back in stock. Also noticing a lot of the products are going up in price.

Quote: WOW! GreenIris you are right!!! Miss a few days and 3 pages are full!!!
    GREENIRIS thanks for staying on this site and page. You are such an inspiration to me!

Wore my smaller size jeans (16) and a fitted shirt to work yesterday and was bombarded with compliments. I am not comfortable with this yet but I am working on it. I had 3 people come in my office and talk to me about wearing clothes that fit to show off my body and that I better do this all the time.
    A GREAT NSV yesterday - ok the bad news - I found a lump during my monthly exam. Went to the dr, referred to the surgeon and I am thinking very positive and all will be fine. I never once thought about eating to sooth my emotions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love ALL of you!!!!!!!! THIS is what 3FC & especially THIS thread has done for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh Maezy - Sending you warm, positive vibes and lots of hugs! And look how far you've come - not turning to food! What an inspiration YOU are!
    I love the Fab 50 thread - I'm not going to leave

Quote: Thx Greeniris. I am really pleased to see my waist and stomach being whittled down. Not just for the aesthetics of it, but because of health implications. As to vibracize, I know that it's used for therapy fairly extensively but whether or not it would be good for your knee would depend on the diagnosis you get. If you find a place that offers vibracize sessions locally, you might want to look into it. I was examining myself in my full length mirror this morning (also trying on some clothes, etc) and noticed that the celluloid in my thighs is much better. I can't say for sure that it's the vibracize that has done it, but there's nothing else I've altered in my routine.

Got up this am and for some reason was in a mood to try on some clothes again. As you know, I was chuffed to fit into my old and dearly loved jeans last weekend. Well, I located the other item of clothing that I hadn't yet been able to fit back in to - a slim fitting pair of teal blue dress slacks - and they fit perfectly again! Woo-hoo! There was no way I could have got the zipper or buttons done up back before Christmas. I'm only -4 lbs lighter, but I've definitely been re-sculpting through the tummy and mid-section. Gotta love it. I also tried on several tops and I find I've lost just enough more through the stomach area that everything just slides down and fits loosely enough to look great. I really don't think I need to lose much more at this point, just concentrate on toning up. All in all, feeling very positive about myself today.
    Whoo Hoo! Love it! RE: the cellulite - I noticed a couple months before I phased off P1 that my cellulite was just about gone, and I hadn't begun exercising yet - just walking a few times a week.
  • Good Saturday morning! Still really cold here, but they're saying it should be 'warming' up to the mid-30's in the next week. Tomorrow night there is a good chance we'll get a major storm, but could be rain, mix of rain & snow, or just snow - depending on the atmosphere temps. Whatever it will be, Monday morning commutes will be interesting.

Not much to report, just procrastinating on doing chores, paying bills, etc by being on here. Going to town later to get groceries, work out, check out the clearance sales at Dress Barn, and have the MRI done. Will put a pork loin in the crock pot before I leave so dinner will be done when we get back. Have a good weekend!
  • Quote:
    I hope you & rainbow are taking your Vitamin C & D3. I REALLY cut down on the viruses I caught when I normalized D levels. I had no idea most people are deficient until a few years ago! It probably took a year for my body to really normalize but since then, I rarely get a cold. I just had one in Dec but in 2011 DH had 4 or 5 and I had ZERO. And I work in preschools and daycares! I swear by it!
    yes you are right, i forget about vitamin d3!!
  • Good morning, fabulous IPers!

Hooray for Saturday!! I'm getting ready to make the 4 hour drive to Dallas for the weekend.

Just wanted to check in with everyone! I'm in the "home stretch," finally, although my goal is to lose 10 more pounds before I begin to phase off. I'll do one last move of my goal weight down the last 5 more pounds! At this point people are telling me to stop, but I know what size I want to be. I want to comfortably fit into 8-10 pants. Actually, I'd love to wear size 8 pants. 10 would be loose. Right now my 12s are getting loose. (I was wearing 22 pants when I began IP - or 2x)

The news is that I'm done shopping in my closet. I'm "going where I haven't been before" so I really down to the bare minimum wardrobe. I've bagged up lots of clothes and will bring them to Goodwill next weekend.

Last night I went to a large dinner party. Once again, staying OP is much easier than before. I brought yummy mixed grilled veggies (rutabaga, zucchini, mixed pepper strips, and cauliflower) and everyone loved them!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Quote: Been so busy, I forgot to report that I bought a new suit for work this weekend, and the pants were size 6!! I have been maintaining for 2 months now in a very narrow range, so this was a surprise. I am happy to be an 8, but it still felt nice! Still wish I would lose more in the top, but it's looking like that's not meant to be... Anyhow, I should be ready for my upcoming job interview.
    Yay!!! Size 6 pants!! How wonderful!! Congrats, Lizzy!

Quote: I I told the lady that was selling them that I wanted a light green one, and she said "OK, fill out the order form - what size do you take, small?"OMG someone thought I was a size small! Not really even close to that, but OMG! Made my day!!

I have been buying clothes kind of out of necessity, because after you lose 66.8 pounds nothing fits, not even underwear. I share the concern about dressing too young. It has been so long since I have worn clothes that can even be remotely considered fitted, I'm just not even sure what I am supposed to look like, if that makes sense. Since I still have a ways to go with my weight loss, I am reluctant to buy anything too expensive or too many clothes at one particular size.
    Alison, I'm with you on this. I'm wearing fitted clothes, even though some might consider it "too young." I never had that experience and want to do it now. It's fun! Also, I've got the challenge of having to buy a few things to wear (can't go without any clothes at all....) but not expensive items because I'm still just passing through. I hear you on this one. I've been shopping at Ross and at sales, picking up a couple of items here and there. At this point, the pants I bought right after Christmas are now loose and I'm back to needing something to wear. Last week I bought new underwear when I realized it was so big that it bunched up!!! lol!!!

Quote: It is just that I spent years and years waking up every single morning planning on following some program yet never even making it through the day! I try not to think about all the wasted time and just look forward :
    Welcome, Cactusflower!! You'll do great on this one!

Quote: As for journaling, that I said I am so bad at. I am going to try a site fatsecret.com. There is data base of all types of foods, brand names, even IP foods. You pick the food that you had at each meal, the calories, protein, fats etc. are calculated for the amount of that food you pick. Now I just have to be sure to print out the report to take to my coach each week. It also has places for documenting exercise and other things.
    Haven't heard of this one yet, but I use Myfitnesspal on my ipad. Seems to be the same type of app. I've been using it since October. I bring it to my WI and show my coach, if needed.

Quote: Thanks ladies!
    For our newcomers, here is the old avatar, 60 lbs ago
    LOVE your new avatar picture!!!! Awesome,Lisa

Rainbow and Molly, feel better soon, dear Ones!!!!!!

Quote: Another enabler here!! Go ahead and allow a little fun and drama into your wardrobe. You deserve it. Besides, it's fun to try different looks. Cowboy boots are an 'investment'. You'll be able to wear them for years so get a pair you really love.

What a great NSV! I know the feeling about not wanting to buy too many clothes in one size or style - we zip through the sizes pretty quickly, and the costs can add up. Like many others here, I've been checking my local consignment shops from time to time to see what might catch my eye and look good. I'll soon start checking for summer blouses, slacks, and capris.
    Yup! I agree about the boots! I LOVE my boots, even though they are not specifically cowboy boots!

Quote: Good Saturday morning! Still really cold here, but they're saying it should be 'warming' up to the mid-30's in the next week.
    Good to hear from you! You're looking so good, Cindy!!
  • Something to check into if you are of a mind to get rid of your fat clothes...

There is a charity in several major cities called Dressed for Success. They work with inner city women to give them job hunting skills and a nice suit for their interview. Once a women lands a job they give her about a week's worth of business attire, as well as training on dealing with workplace issues. If you have business attire that you have shrunk out of, please consider sending it to this charity. You can find them in the web, and they are in multiple cities. I plan on taking my like-new suits to the one in DC. I think someone could really use them more than I could use the cents on the dollar.
  • Quote: Wore my smaller size jeans (16) and a fitted shirt to work yesterday and was bombarded with compliments. I am not comfortable with this yet but I am working on it. I had 3 people come in my office and talk to me about wearing clothes that fit to show off my body and that I better do this all the time.
    Congrats on wearing fitted clothes and the compliments. As for the bad news, you're in my prayers. Hopefully, it's something innocent from all the released estrogen with the fat burning.

Quote: I can't wait until I have that problem. I've only been on the plan since the second week of January...and have lost only 4.7 lbs so far... so I have a L-O-N-G way to go....but your success gives me hope. I will be 65 at the end of August...and my goal is 65 lbs for my 65th! That is a little less than 10 lbs a month...and looking at your tracker...you have done a great job.

You need to be my new best friend....
    I started the second week of January ONE year ago. I know how you felt this time last year, a long way to go, but see where you can get. I sometimes still feel like it's not real. I continually can't believe what I see when I pass my full length bathroom mirror. You'll make it. Time will pass fast, especially reading posts on 3FC.

Quote:
    Sorry to hear that you've been fighting a cold bug Molly. Hope you knock it out soon. And good luck at the yard sale today - I love them!

--------------------

Hi everyone! Happy Saturday!

(Sorry this turned out to be a bit 'me.. me.. me') I think we all have to have a healthy degree of self-love though, in order to feel justifiably proud of ourselves, the way we look & feel at our improved weight levels. It supports and drives the determination and resolve to keep going - or maintaining - whatever the personal case may be.

Cheers for now.
    Thanks for the well wishes. It's strange as I woke up this morning like yesterday never happened. Not a sniffle one. It did the same thing last Sunday. Must be some allergy. I'm puzzled.

Yard sales were a dud. At least I saved my money. I still have to go. I have the "thrill of the hunt" disease. VERY addictive.

Don't worry about the me me me. What you've got to say, you should be "crowing" about. I think it's fabulous. We need to brag on ourselves. Usually, no one else will and I know that you live alone, so you need it more so (I lived alone for 28 years before Chris found me again 35 years after our last goodbye). Glad you have so much to talk about.

Quote: Good morning, fabulous IPers!

Hooray for Saturday!! I'm getting ready to make the 4 hour drive to Dallas for the weekend.

Just wanted to check in with everyone! I'm in the "home stretch," finally, although my goal is to lose 10 more pounds before I begin to phase off. I'll do one last move of my goal weight down the last 5 more pounds! At this point people are telling me to stop, but I know what size I want to be. I want to comfortably fit into 8-10 pants. Actually, I'd love to wear size 8 pants. 10 would be loose. Right now my 12s are getting loose. (I was wearing 22 pants when I began IP - or 2x)

The news is that I'm done shopping in my closet. I'm "going where I haven't been before" so I really down to the bare minimum wardrobe. I've bagged up lots of clothes and will bring them to Goodwill next weekend.

Last night I went to a large dinner party. Once again, staying OP is much easier than before. I brought yummy mixed grilled veggies (rutabaga, zucchini, mixed pepper strips, and cauliflower) and everyone loved them!

Rainbow and Molly, feel better soon, dear Ones!!!!!!
    Be careful on your trip.

Thanks for the well wishes, you can se above that I'm got some elusive thing.

Glad to see you have done so well and are so close to the finish line. You have the right mind set for this. Congrats.

Big dud for lunch today. Ryan's advertised Mongolian stir-fry. I thought it would be like so many I've been to where you can pick your meat and veggies and sauce and they then just stir fry it. NO. They have some veggie mixture, mostly cabbage and carrots, they put the sauce on, which is soy and teryaki (I stopped him) and it's mixed with your choice of rice or noodles, which I said, no, just meat and veggies. Fortunately, they only give you a small amount. Being lunch, there was no plain meat, just pot roast in gravy, breaded stuff and some sausage. I had a couple pieces of sausage, yeah, I know too fat and a big salad. Know that's not a place to go. Oh well.

Now to find something for dinner. A bit more protein and more veggies. At least I'm at home and can make it myself.

Have a great evening.
    Molly
  • Quote: WOW! GreenIris you are right!!! Miss a few days and 3 pages are full!!!
    GREENIRIS thanks for staying on this site and page. You are such an inspiration to me!

welcome to all the newcomers!!! It is wonderful to have new faces on the 50+ page!!!!!

Way to go mazy on your smaller pants! And we will all be waiting and praying that your lump is nothing to worry about, and good job on not turning to food for comfort, sounds so familiar.

Quote: Alison- congrats on your 65+lb loss...and have fun shopping!!!

I can't wait until I have that problem. I've only been on the plan since the second week of January...and have lost only 4.7 lbs so far... so I have a L-O-N-G way to go....but your success gives me hope. I will be 65 at the end of August...and my goal is 65 lbs for my 65th! That is a little less than 10 lbs a month...and looking at your tracker...you have done a great job.

You need to be my new best friend....
    65x65 when I started back on July 27 I remember whining to DH this is going to take long I have so much to loose, well 62 lbs later and with all the help here from the 50's ladies, and support it has really gone quite fast so just take one day at a time and we will all get there, one lb at a time, or so! You can do it!

Today I went to a consignment clothing store and was really surprised at how nice the cloths were and today all pants were 1/2 off so I got a nice pair of Levi's size 10,yea!, and a tee shirt, I'm definately going back in about 10/15 more lbs, in the mean time this week I'm concentrating on getting rid of some cloths that are too big.

Hope everyone has had a nice Saturday and wishing you all a great Sunday! Goodnight all! Teena
  • Quote: Thanks so much, Molly. I figured it was time to show the 60 lb loss.

cactusflower: I felt ignored when I first started on the boards too. I think it is about jumping in, asking questions, having people getting to know you. I'm glad you found a place that feels comfortable. I lurked A LOT at first until I found a comfort level. I got my feelings hurt and almost left once (nobody knew but me). I'm glad I stayed!
    Thanks so much Lisa - all the encouragement here is wonderful! And I am glad you stayed too!!

Quote: WOW! GreenIris you are right!!! Miss a few days and 3 pages are full!!!

welcome to all the newcomers!!! It is wonderful to have new faces on the 50+ page!!!!!

to you!

Quote: Way to go mazy on your smaller pants! And we will all be waiting and praying that your lump is nothing to worry about, and good job on not turning to food for comfort, sounds so familiar.

65x65 when I started back on July 27 I remember whining to DH this is going to take long I have so much to loose, well 62 lbs later and with all the help here from the 50's ladies, and support it has really gone quite fast so just take one day at a time and we will all get there, one lb at a time, or so! You can do it!

Today I went to a consignment clothing store and was really surprised at how nice the cloths were and today all pants were 1/2 off so I got a nice pair of Levi's size 10,yea!, and a tee shirt, I'm definately going back in about 10/15 more lbs, in the mean time this week I'm concentrating on getting rid of some cloths that are too big.

Hope everyone has had a nice Saturday and wishing you all a great Sunday! Goodnight all! Teena
    Great job - how exciting

Happy weekend everyone! I was MIA yesterday because we only have one computer at home and my DH goes to kidney dialysis 3 times a week (he is 58 and I am 51) and he can take it with him. Those days tend to be long and trying . We also have an 11 yr daughter so sometimes heated "chats" about who goes on the computer first!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!! :
  • Quote: I've noticed the Maintainers thread is pretty quiet most of the time; must be because some have gone to the Reboot thread. I'll have to check that one out (it's probably the one I 'should' be on anyway).
    Went to Nashua's site last nite to order, and my favorite bar (HealthSmart choc peanut) is out of stock! That's never happened So holding my order until the last minute for the promo to see if they come back in stock. Also noticing a lot of the products are going up in price.

Oh Maezy - Sending you warm, positive vibes and lots of hugs! And look how far you've come - not turning to food! What an inspiration YOU are!
    I love the Fab 50 thread - I'm not going to leave

Whoo Hoo! Love it! RE: the cellulite - I noticed a couple months before I phased off P1 that my cellulite was just about gone, and I hadn't begun exercising yet - just walking a few times a week.
    I just wanted to mention something I found. I know Nashua is great, but there is another site I read about called MY DIET SHOPZ and they have a lot of the same products and maybe a tiny bit cheaper in some areas. That might help as a back- up!

Quote: Good morning, fabulous IPers!

Yay!!! Size 6 pants!! How wonderful!! Congrats, Lizzy!

Alison, I'm with you on this. I'm wearing fitted clothes, even though some might consider it "too young." I never had that experience and want to do it now. It's fun! Also, I've got the challenge of having to buy a few things to wear (can't go without any clothes at all....) but not expensive items because I'm still just passing through. I hear you on this one. I've been shopping at Ross and at sales, picking up a couple of items here and there. At this point, the pants I bought right after Christmas are now loose and I'm back to needing something to wear. Last week I bought new underwear when I realized it was so big that it bunched up!!! lol!!!

Welcome, Cactusflower!! You'll do great on this one!
    Thank you so much - you are doing an awesome job!
  • Thanks yesmyqueen
    ..for your comments. I have had a bad sinus infection starting before I went on the plan. Ended up on antibiotics the first week and am just now off them and feeling fit and fine again. Everyone on another thread says that kind of thing slows one's start. So glad I was able to weather it though, and stay OP in spite of what I call dismal mini-losses for my first two weigh-ins!! (2.2 lbs and 2.7 lbs) I guess if those mini-losses are consistent though, I might be able to join all of you in doing the new clothes dance this summer!!

Love this thread...it's just what I need....
  • Some folks have been talking about wearing clothes that are too young. It brought back a memory of when I was a kid in the late 60s. The mother-of-teenagers who lived across the street wore miniskirts and go-go boots, and her hair was dyed blond and teased up high on the top and long to her waist in the back. To a judgmental 10 year old, I thought she looked ridiculous. She looked like a Dean Martin Golddigger - anyone remember that show? I think now, if I looked as good as a Dean Martin Golddigger, I would wear miniskirts and go-go boots, too, and I'm a heck of a lot older than she was at the time. ... Well, maybe I would wear leggings under the miniskirts nowadays!
  • WI this morning. After last week's zero, I had a 3.4# loss this week. I'll take that. Puts me into the 170s. I have not been there for over 25 years. This program is amazing. It's so nice to feel "normal" and not feel like everyone is staring at this fat woman, sneering. The only draw back is my face is now wrinkling. I'm using special firming creams, but I guess I have to expect that at almost 64 years old.

Have a great OP Sunday, all.

Molly
  • Quote: WI this morning. After last week's zero, I had a 3.4# loss this week. I'll take that. Puts me into the 170s. I have not been there for over 25 years. This program is amazing. It's so nice to feel "normal" and not feel like everyone is staring at this fat woman, sneering.
    Someone called the whoosh fairy a tart. I started calling her elusiveness "sweetart". And the scale looks like it might have finally moved below 200.
    Officially WI tomorrow but my wii fit weighs heavier than my clinic and yesterday wii fit said under 199.
    That 3.4 is a nice whoosh for you. Congrats on entering the new decade of weight. The program really IS amazing, isn't it?