3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 9 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/274138-fabulous-fifty-home-those-us-50-older-ip-volume-9-a.html)

evepet 02-15-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WingnutandMe (Post 4634572)
Here's the view out our door.

I'm envious!!!! :( Hope you're getting some time to enjoy that beautiful beach.

maezy1 02-15-2013 05:36 PM

Molly thanks for posting the pic!!! I needed my beach fix!!
Evepet and molly - I get where you are. Wishing i was there too but I will be soon enough. I think that if I were in your shoes I would start phasing off so that I could go back to exercising and lose what I had left through exercise vs. eating packets still.
I still haven't been released for exercise yet from all of my surgeries and it is going to be hard once I get released to exercise. I was a work out freak and was always training for some race or sprint triathlon. I have my goal to start working out again in June so I hope I'm don with IP by then.

WingnutandMe 02-15-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evepet (Post 4634593)
I'm envious!!!! :( Hope you're getting some time to enjoy that beautiful beach.

Really not a beach person. Like to look at it, but that's it.

The event is serving dinner tonight. Wonder what it will be. Probably not IP friendly. If not, i've got stuff in the frig.

Molly

evepet 02-15-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maezy1 (Post 4634753)
Molly thanks for posting the pic!!! I needed my beach fix!!
Evepet and molly - I get where you are. Wishing i was there too but I will be soon enough. I think that if I were in your shoes I would start phasing off so that I could go back to exercising and lose what I had left through exercise vs. eating packets still.
I still haven't been released for exercise yet from all of my surgeries and it is going to be hard once I get released to exercise. I was a work out freak and was always training for some race or sprint triathlon. I have my goal to start working out again in June so I hope I'm don with IP by then.

You are doing really well Maezy - you'll get there for sure. :hug: You've had so many difficulties with that knee - so glad that it's all behind you now.

Part of me thinks I should just buckle down and stop whining... at least get to my original 150lb goal - 'meet the goal challenge' and get that psychological win. As Wuv would say 'pull up my big girl panties' and get on with it. :) After all, it's only another 2 lbs! But the other part of me thinks it's silly to worry about that when I could easily go to P2 now, enjoy a few more 'real food' options and continue to lose those few pounds there. I'm not just sure whether moving to P2 will motivate me more - or less! Decisions, decisions.... :)

evepet 02-15-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WingnutandMe (Post 4634777)
Really not a beach person. Like to look at it, but that's it.

The event is serving dinner tonight. Wonder what it will be. Probably not IP friendly. If not, i've got stuff in the frig.

Molly

I used to love to lay on the sand and tan - that was my idea of 'beach fun', with an occasional dip in the ocean to cool off ... not any more. I had a cancerous melanoma removed (from my face) two years ago, and that definitely ended my tanning days. My idea of enjoying the beach now would be taking long walks while savoring that sea-side scent and breeze. :) That's actually one of my favorite memories of my time in Panama City - my mom was there for the winter, and I visited her. We'd walk together on the beach. She passed away quite a few years ago, and those walks are now fond memories.

It would be nice if they'd surprise you with a dinner that is actually IP-appropriate and tasty. :)

Yesmyqueen 02-15-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WingnutandMe (Post 4634572)
Here's the view out our door.

Nice! Your doing so good.

Well ladies, had my WI yesterday and stayed exactly the same, I'm a little bit upset with my self, but I know exactly why and what I need to do, going to strive for a better week not so many carbs and fat, I seem to be eating a few too many of both but enough to keep me from moving the scale, wish I could be more like Halfagain, her food diary rocks, such discipline and she can move a scale, my hero.

WingnutandMe 02-15-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evepet (Post 4634791)
I used to love to lay on the sand and tan - that was my idea of 'beach fun', with an occasional dip in the ocean to cool off ... not any more. I had a cancerous melanoma removed (from my face) two years ago, and that definitely ended my tanning days. My idea of enjoying the beach now would be taking long walks while savoring that sea-side scent and breeze. :) That's actually one of my favorite memories of my time in Panama City - my mom was there for the winter, and I visited her. We'd walk together on the beach. She passed away quite a few years ago, and those walks are now fond memories.

It would be nice if they'd surprise you with a dinner that is actually IP-appropriate and tasty. :)

Dinner did actually work out. They had a zilliom homemade things and there was a huge veggie tray with yellow squash slices, broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes and carrots. So, leaving the carrots I had lots of great veggies. Add dill pickle slices with the pork bbq and I had a wonderful meal. Now, for the laugh. As a rule I never win anything. There were valentines in our registration pack. A couple had "you are a winner" ours was one. The prize, a fancy glass cannister of specialty Hersheys kisses. I had fun sharing them all with those at our table. But, go figure that would be my prize.

Now for my evening cheesecake pudding snack with crushed chocolate soy puffs (rainbow's recipe)

Molly

maezy1 02-15-2013 09:24 PM

evepet Well whatever decision you make it isn't irreversible. If you don't lose the weight while phasing off and then with diet and regular exercise you can always go back to IP again

patns 02-15-2013 10:02 PM

evepet, with two pounds to go phase 2 might work really well. Many people seem to lose on it.

Molly that is neat, you shared the kisses with everyone and get to keep the fancy container. Perhaps you can use it for flowers.
I love different types of glass containers.

Pat

evepet 02-15-2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen (Post 4634819)

Well ladies, had my WI yesterday and stayed exactly the same, I'm a little bit upset with my self, but I know exactly why and what I need to do, going to strive for a better week not so many carbs and fat, I seem to be eating a few too many of both but enough to keep me from moving the scale, wish I could be more like Halfagain, her food diary rocks, such discipline and she can move a scale, my hero.

I've been having a similiar couple of weeks - definitely allowing too much fat in particular to slip into my meals. You'll get there. Hang tough. :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by WingnutandMe (Post 4634916)
Dinner did actually work out. They had a zilliom homemade things and there was a huge veggie tray with yellow squash slices, broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes and carrots. So, leaving the carrots I had lots of great veggies. Add dill pickle slices with the pork bbq and I had a wonderful meal. Now, for the laugh. As a rule I never win anything. There were valentines in our registration pack. A couple had "you are a winner" ours was one. The prize, a fancy glass cannister of specialty Hersheys kisses. I had fun sharing them all with those at our table. But, go figure that would be my prize.

Now for my evening cheesecake pudding snack with crushed chocolate soy puffs (rainbow's recipe)

Molly

So glad that dinner ended up so good! That actually sounds like a very tasty menu. And LOL at the Hersheys kisses. :D The fancy glass cannister sounds nice (and multi-purposed) though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maezy1 (Post 4634928)
evepet Well whatever decision you make it isn't irreversible. If you don't lose the weight while phasing off and then with diet and regular exercise you can always go back to IP again

Very true. It's always an option. At least with this dieting effort, I do feel like I know what to do to get a few pounds off whenever I need to. It does help me feel more in control.

Quote:

Originally Posted by patns (Post 4634961)
evepet, with two pounds to go phase 2 might work really well. Many people seem to lose on it.

Molly that is neat, you shared the kisses with everyone and get to keep the fancy container. Perhaps you can use it for flowers.
I love different types of glass containers.

Pat

I've read that a lot of people seem to continue losing on P2. I know that I'd still be in ketosis, so it should work.

Halfagain 02-16-2013 02:47 AM

Quote:

:-) Well 4 lbs this week was a surprise for sure. It changed a lb from yesterday to today, so I'm always thinking it must be a fluke. Hahaha, just like a gain of a pound over night might be a fluke. I know silly of me, but I don't believe it till it sticks around a few days. Part of the daily weighing we're not supposed to do I suppose. Thanks for noticing. I do tend to not record all my oil or salt like others do on MFP. I mix that stuff in, but I don't measure it well.

Quote:

Molly

Molly I meant to congratulate you on your other post about going into maintenance, but i grabbed this one instead :-) That's awesome you have a date to begin in mind and you are happy with your weight now - you have done so well and have helped so many other by your example. Great job tonight with the meal and with the prize!

I'm getting up somewhat early tomorrow and going a fiber festival - but not the kind of fiber you eat :-) . It's wool, silk, flax, bamboo, cotton, alpaca, bunny, goat, llama, yak, buffalo, and hemp fibers. (and more I forgot I'm sure). Either in loose form to spin or in yarn or otherwise. Dyed (so many variations of that I won't go into it) or natural, mixed with other fibers, or not... it's going to be fun. Mostly for me to visit with old friends and knit a while. I'm bringing yarn with me so I won't be tempted to bring home more! I may need a shawl pin and a pattern or two.. we'll see. They usually have buttons, spinning wheels, soaps, and other fun crafty stuff you can do with fiber/yarn (like weaving, rug hooking, or tatting). Anyway it promises to be a day of social fun and not food related. I'm really looking forward to it.

Yesmyqueen 02-16-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Molly

Yup leave it to the new skinny girls to win chocolate, don't they know? Good job Molly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfagain (Post 4635079)
:-) Well 4 lbs this week was a surprise for sure. It changed a lb from yesterday to today, so I'm always thinking it must be a fluke. Hahaha, just like a gain of a pound over night might be a fluke. I know silly of me, but I don't believe it till it sticks around a few days. Part of the daily weighing we're not supposed to do I suppose. Thanks for noticing. I do tend to not record all my oil or salt like others do on MFP. I mix that stuff in, but I don't measure it well.

Molly I meant to congratulate you on your other post about going into maintenance, but i grabbed this one instead :-) That's awesome you have a date to begin in mind and you are happy with your weight now - you have done so well and have helped so many other by your example. Great job tonight with the meal and with the prize!

I'm getting up somewhat early tomorrow and going a fiber festival - but not the kind of fiber you eat :-) . It's wool, silk, flax, bamboo, cotton, alpaca, bunny, goat, llama, yak, buffalo, and hemp fibers. (and more I forgot I'm sure). Either in loose form to spin or in yarn or otherwise. Dyed (so many variations of that I won't go into it) or natural, mixed with other fibers, or not... it's going to be fun. Mostly for me to visit with old friends and knit a while. I'm bringing yarn with me so I won't be tempted to bring home more! I may need a shawl pin and a pattern or two.. we'll see. They usually have buttons, spinning wheels, soaps, and other fun crafty stuff you can do with fiber/yarn (like weaving, rug hooking, or tatting). Anyway it promises to be a day of social fun and not food related. I'm really looking forward to it.

That sounds really interesting, I know at our last county fair I watched two ladies for the longest time one was spinning lambs wool into yarn and the other was making a beautiful blanket, looks way to hard for me, I have a hard time doing anything for more than a few min. Including cleaning, just like now, ha!

Ladies I have a new set frame of mind, going to be 100% this next few weeks, just like when I started, and by telling you all it will help me stay strong, because when you say it out loud it helps me be more accountable, thanks to you all for being there with me.

evepet 02-16-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen (Post 4635291)

Ladies I have a new set frame of mind, going to be 100% this next few weeks, just like when I started, and by telling you all it will help me stay strong, because when you say it out loud it helps me be more accountable, thanks to you all for being there with me.

Sounds like a great idea. :hug: Actually, I think your new frame of mind is helping me get re-committed to get back 100% too - I'll use it as a friendly challenge. I'm going to give it my best to stay 100% from now until the end of March. That will mark my 1-yr anniversary of starting this diet protocol... and imo if I can't get to my new goal weight in that time frame then it's best to phase out and move on. There I've said it! Now I've got to do it! :) I've always used alternative products, and unfortunately one of our best Canadian-based sources for ProtiDiet packets seems to have gone out of business recently (and I'm too cheap to pay the customs duties on stuff from Nashua), so I'll be using other items that I've found at thelowcarbgrocery or other substitutes that fit with the required nutritional breakdowns. I've been experimenting with making veggie soups and adding unflavored protein powder to them, so I'll continue doing that on occasion as a substitute for the packet + pureed veggie soups I've often eaten. It's not perfect, but workable I think. But - no off-plan 'extras' - not even a taste or smidgen. I'll report back tonight on how my day goes.
----------------------------

Hi everyone. Happy Saturday!

I ordered a few new things from thelowcarbgrocery last night. Going to try Bobs Red Mills Baking Mix for my waffle/pancakes - here's a link http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/cat...html?cPath=132 and also Hi-Lo Cereal Vanilla Almond http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/cat...th=132_686_688 I think this is the cereal that Chloe222 likes so much.

lisa32989 02-16-2013 12:52 PM

Goodness! Haven't been here in a few days and I have a lot to comment on!
Quote:

Originally Posted by WingnutandMe (Post 4634550)
This has sort of made up my mind to start phasing off. My original goal was 185, I've passed that. I wanted to wear size 16s. They are almost too big (retirement doesn't afford more smaller clothes), and 55 weeks 100% OP is enough.

I've been lurking on the maintainers thread. Guess I will try going to phase 2 when we get home.

Congrats! You have surpassed your goal!
Wow!

Quote:

wish I could be more like Halfagain, her food diary rocks, such discipline and she can move a scale, my hero.

She is a rockstar.
I try very hard not to compare myself to others. We all have different bodies that respond differently. We all have different levels of inflammation, in addition to cortisol, letptin, and other hormones that affect weight loss.
I just do my best to stick with the plan. Giving up soy made that harder but I've found my alternative plan to be working.

Quote:

Originally Posted by evepet (Post 4634785)
After all, it's only another 2 lbs! But the other part of me thinks it's silly to worry about that when I could easily go to P2 now, enjoy a few more 'real food' options and continue to lose those few pounds there. I'm not just sure whether moving to P2 will motivate me more - or less! Decisions, decisions.... :)

My 72 year-old mom did her last 10 lbs on P2. She wasn't really a P1 picture of perfection, either...she got tired of the packets pretty quick but she "only" had about 35-40 to lose, vs my 110-115. Anyway, she's been maintaining since about Oct with great success.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen (Post 4635291)

Yay! Another 100% buddy! I SO UNDERSTAND about needing to say it out loud to be accountable!

Quote:

Originally Posted by evepet (Post 4635322)
I've been experimenting with making veggie soups and adding unflavored protein powder to them, so I'll continue doing that on occasion as a substitute for the packet + pureed veggie soups I've often eaten. It's not perfect, but workable I think. But - no off-plan 'extras' - not even a taste or smidgen. I'll report back tonight on how my day goes.

Yay! 2 more 100% buddies!
I'd love any recipes you figure out for soups with unflavored protein powder. I use Miracle Whey unflavored. Unfortunately, all the IP & Alt soup packets I can find have soy or gluten :(
I'm not doing ANY more harm to my thyroid by feeding my body THAT stuff!

Yesmyqueen 02-16-2013 02:07 PM

Oh thank you ladies, it does help to say it out loud and now look companions, I just love it!