Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 03:00 PM   #46  
Started IP 4/4/2012

S/C/G: 267.8/150/150

Height: 5'5'

I just want to say that I've read the posts today about sitaying on plan until you're done - I agree with that -I've been on plan going on 10 months and haven't cheated once, starting with Easter which was the weekend after I started - I've never ever done that before - I was the Queen of cheating, since I started on Atkins when I was in Elementary School, WW in Junior High...... I have made a concious decision to phase off for this cruise and will be right back on P1 the day after we get back to get into a size 10!

I've had disappointing weigh in's the past 3 - 4 weeks (1# or less each week), this week I stayed the same. I really was hoping to reach 100# before I phased off for the cruise, but seeing I started Phase 3 today, it's very unlikely that will happen. So that's something to look forward to when I get back from the cruise, all the more reason to hop right back on program. I've already checked to see if I have veggies in the freezer for the next day and we dont leave for 2 weeks!

When I was speaking to my coach about what I should expect today when I ate my P3 breakfast she had no clue, kind of frustrating. She said she has had people "graduate". I asked her if she has a maintenance class, she said no, but she's talk to her Regional about it. P1 was easy compared to keeping it off the rest of my life!

She said that she suggests the Paleo diet instead of P4 IP - I thought that was weird that she would suggest another diet than the one that she sells. I've looked it up, and it's basically what we've been eating, plus fruit, minus the packets. I'm going to try IP P4 for maintenance.

She suggested that I try Nova Cleanse when I go back on program to try to speed things up - I've read some old posts on this and people had mixed results using it. Anybody used it lately?

Sorry for the long ramble.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:09 PM   #47  
IP start: 21 October 2012

S/C/G: 190.6/135.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
I'm having a hard time getting in all my veggies for the day. (Tired of the chewing I guess). Is it possible to blend veggies with a little of chicken stock to make a type of soup that I can drink? Would this still count towards my 4 cups of veggies? Just trying to make it easy
I haven't done this, but a lot of people add veggies to the IP soups and some add veggies to chicken broth. Purchased broth can have a lot of sodium which can contribute to water retention. Also, most broths I've seen have a few carbs per cup, so if you go this route be sure to check the nutrition label.

Adding a cup of spinach to a shake is a another good way to sneak in 1/4 of you daily veggies. Use either an IP drink mix or pudding mix, 1C water, 1C ice, and 1C spinach. Blend until smooth and enjoy! Although it will affect the color a little, you won't be able to taste the spinach.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:23 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie63 View Post
I just want to say that I've read the posts today about sitaying on plan until you're done - I agree with that -I've been on plan going on 10 months and haven't cheated once, starting with Easter which was the weekend after I started - I've never ever done that before - I was the Queen of cheating, since I started on Atkins when I was in Elementary School, WW in Junior High...... I have made a concious decision to phase off for this cruise and will be right back on P1 the day after we get back to get into a size 10!

I've had disappointing weigh in's the past 3 - 4 weeks (1# or less each week), this week I stayed the same. I really was hoping to reach 100# before I phased off for the cruise, but seeing I started Phase 3 today, it's very unlikely that will happen. So that's something to look forward to when I get back from the cruise, all the more reason to hop right back on program. I've already checked to see if I have veggies in the freezer for the next day and we dont leave for 2 weeks!

When I was speaking to my coach about what I should expect today when I ate my P3 breakfast she had no clue, kind of frustrating. She said she has had people "graduate". I asked her if she has a maintenance class, she said no, but she's talk to her Regional about it. P1 was easy compared to keeping it off the rest of my life!

She said that she suggests the Paleo diet instead of P4 IP - I thought that was weird that she would suggest another diet than the one that she sells. I've looked it up, and it's basically what we've been eating, plus fruit, minus the packets. I'm going to try IP P4 for maintenance.

She suggested that I try Nova Cleanse when I go back on program to try to speed things up - I've read some old posts on this and people had mixed results using it. Anybody used it lately?

I think you deserve that for your vacation. You have done so well. I think rewards can be good. You gotta look forward to something. That's kind of my thought process. I just quit smoking too. So I don't look forward to a smoke reward of course as that just can't happen without starting up again, but some things in life like a drink of wine, or a treat are just part of life's enjoyments. And after working so hard and doing so well, how can you not..... Anyway that's my opinion at this point. And of course I am new at this and if I phase off with intentions of going back on, yes I could be one of the ones that doesn't show back up, but I hope that this program is teaching me enough about control. All you can do is try.

Last edited by ladylunk; 01-24-2013 at 03:27 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:23 PM   #49  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas812 View Post
I haven't done this, but a lot of people add veggies to the IP soups and some add veggies to chicken broth. Purchased broth can have a lot of sodium which can contribute to water retention. Also, most broths I've seen have a few carbs per cup, so if you go this route be sure to check the nutrition label.

Adding a cup of spinach to a shake is a another good way to sneak in 1/4 of you daily veggies. Use either an IP drink mix or pudding mix, 1C water, 1C ice, and 1C spinach. Blend until smooth and enjoy! Although it will affect the color a little, you won't be able to taste the spinach.
Thanks. I may try looking at vegetable stock (low sodium) label to see what is in there.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:57 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadedge View Post
We are going on a cruise in mid-march and I was hoping to be down by 20lbs for that, which seems pretty realistic now. The cruise will be a challenge though, I think I will definitely ease back on the dieting for that but try and keep things under control. My IP coach and I are going to devise a plan of attack for that!
You've gotten a LOT of great advice from others here. Particularly Lisa's advice regarding those that have taken a break for [insert vacation/holiday/special event] and then can never really get back on track. Ultimately, it's your decision as to what you want to do. If I were you, this early into the program, I would take my packets and stay OP through the cruise. But, if you are going to go off plan, let me give you a little advice based on my own experience.

I started IP in June. I have stayed OP through countless parties, holidays, work events, etc. I have had two vacations since I started IP - one was 9 days and one was a week. The week long one I stayed OP, the 9 day one I decided to go off plan. Here's what I did when I went off plan (my vacation was in October, so I had been OP for about 4 months prior to vacation): (1) I phased off by doing one week of phase 2 and one week of phase 3; (2) I ate sensibly and did not return to my old eating habits (I split meals, didn't eat dessert every night, i still ate my vegetables); (3) I got a lot of exercise (walked several miles per day); (4) I drank a lot of water (at least 100 ounces per day). I actually lost weight on my vacation, even though I did consume carbs. I also got right back on track as soon as my plane landed, and I haven't looked back since. I'm lucky in that I DO NOT get the "ketosis flu" when I am getting back into ketosis (no headaches or general yucky feeling). If you had a rough few days getting into ketosis originally, remember you will have to go through that again. I also know that I am in a very good place now and am determined to make this a total lifestyle change so it has been relatively easy for me to get back on track and stay on track. Only YOU know where your head is at and if you can handle this type of break. It's so easy to say "I'll start again tomorrow" and then have tomorrow turn into a week, a month, or a year. That's how a lot of us got to where we are at now.

Would I make the same decision to take a break from IP for my vacation if I had to do it all over again? I'm not sure. Probably not, just because it wasn't like the off program food I ate was all that fantastic, and I probably could have lost even more weight had I stayed OP.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:57 PM   #51  

Quote:
I'm having a hard time getting in all my veggies for the day. (Tired of the chewing I guess). Is it possible to blend veggies with a little of chicken stock to make a type of soup that I can drink? Would this still count towards my 4 cups of veggies? Just trying to make it easy
Steam some veggies, purée them in your blender & add to an IP (or alt) soup mix. Tis wa smy lunch for at least the first 2 months. You canut the whole 2 c veggies in. If you add spinach to a morning smoothie, this only leaves 1 more c. Veggies for the day.
I'm running into the opposite problem now: LIMITING veggies to 4 c daily. Totally new phenomenon for me!

Quote:

You've been on a LONG Time. Totally different than a newbie already talking about cheating when they are just starting.
I've seen others phase off (2-4) then back on P1 & it actually jump-started sluggish losses. Luck to you.
After all your commitment, you deserve to be at goal.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:05 PM   #52  

Quote:

Lynnie - I actually lost on my week of Phase 3. I've seen on this board a lot of folks who have used Phase 3 to jump start their losses again (including Wuv). Good luck and have fun on your cruise!
Old 01-24-2013, 04:08 PM   #53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Steam some veggies, purée them in your blender & add to an IP (or alt) soup mix. Tis wa smy lunch for at least the first 2 months. You canut the whole 2 c veggies in. If you add spinach to a morning smoothie, this only leaves 1 more c. Veggies for the day.
I'm running into the opposite problem now: LIMITING veggies to 4 c daily. Totally new phenomenon for me!
This is why I don't put any spinach in my shake in the morning (even though I love doing that with the EAS dark chocolate) - it means that I'm using a cup of my veggies up! I'd rather eat them with lunch and dinner.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:13 PM   #54  
Started IP 11/28/12

Yesterday was my 8 week weigh-in and I couldn't have been more thrilled! Each week I just thank my luck stars that I have found something that is actually working to help me lose weight and be healthy.

So I achieved my first mini goal of losing 10% of my body weight which was 26 lbs.

I've officially lost 27 lbs and am on to my 2nd mini goal of losing 20% of my body weight. Half way there!!!

Once again I owe a big thank you to my IP coach and my 3 Fat Chicks coaches....ALL OF YOU!!! I couldn't have attained what I've done so far without everybodies help, guidance, input, amazing recipes, and chatter.

So here is my 8 week before and after photos. My shirt is definitely looser and hanging more on me. My coach wanted me to where the same outfit to see the differences.

Okay, off to eat my IP Brocolli Cheese Soup and 2 cups of chopped brocolli. YUM!
Old 01-24-2013, 04:26 PM   #55  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberjules View Post
Yesterday was my 8 week weigh-in and I couldn't have been more thrilled! Each week I just thank my luck stars that I have found something that is actually working to help me lose weight and be healthy.

So I achieved my first mini goal of losing 10% of my body weight which was 26 lbs.

I've officially lost 27 lbs and am on to my 2nd mini goal of losing 20% of my body weight. Half way there!!!

Once again I owe a big thank you to my IP coach and my 3 Fat Chicks coaches....ALL OF YOU!!! I couldn't have attained what I've done so far without everybodies help, guidance, input, amazing recipes, and chatter.

So here is my 8 week before and after photos. My shirt is definitely looser and hanging more on me. My coach wanted me to where the same outfit to see the differences.

Okay, off to eat my IP Brocolli Cheese Soup and 2 cups of chopped brocolli. YUM!
awwww you look so beautiful and what a wonderful 8 weeks success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! way to go!!!!
Old 01-24-2013, 04:33 PM   #56  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Ali Williams- thanks! Clothes definitely help to hide tummy and other problem areas.

mrskuby- I hope your day goes better!

Desafinado- Thank you!

A1Texan- Kosher pickles also count towards your veggie allowance also. You can try snacking on them between meals to help get all the veggies in.

Lynnie63- so close too 100 lbs! You know what is right for you regarding phasing off for your cruise.

Amberjules- WOW! You look so great. I don't think you will be able to wear that shirt again for the next pic.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:45 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:

You've been on a LONG Time. Totally different than a newbie already talking about cheating when they are just starting.
I've seen others phase off (2-4) then back on P1 & it actually jump-started sluggish losses. Luck to you.
After all your commitment, you deserve to be at goal.
I totally agree with you about her being on it a LONG time and is deserving for a break. I know I am new, but just wanted to add that my only goal with my coach at this point in time is 25lbs by March 30. That is what I am working for. I put on my ticker what my dream weight would be, so maybe misrepresented myself. One goal at a time for me. This is my second diet and I am feeling good about it and hope to get to my March 30th goal. It's one day at a time. I guess I just don't like to think of it as cheating. Everyone is on it for different reasons and has different circumstances......
Old 01-24-2013, 04:53 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 192/148/150

Height: 5 3"

[QUOTE=A1Texan;4605435]I'm having a hard time getting in all my veggies for the day. (Tired of the chewing I guess). Is it possible to blend veggies with a little of chicken stock to make a type of soup that I can drink? Would this still count towards my 4 cups of veggies? Just trying to make it easy [/QUOT
E]

A1Texan,
Go to the opening of the daily chat (1st post by Rissimo) and check out LizRR's Fun With Veggie Purées . You will be amazed at what she does with puréed veggies. It has been a lifesaver for me! Good luck! You are doing great
Old 01-24-2013, 04:56 PM   #59  

Height: 5' 7"

[QUOTE=MyTime50;4605607]
Quote:
I'm having a hard time getting in all my veggies for the day. (Tired of the chewing I guess). Is it possible to blend veggies with a little of chicken stock to make a type of soup that I can drink? Would this still count towards my 4 cups of veggies? Just trying to make it easy [/QUOT
E]

A1Texan,
Go to the opening of the daily chat (1st post by Rissimo) and check out LizRR's Fun With Veggie Purées . You will be amazed at what she does with puréed veggies. It has been a lifesaver for me! Good luck! You are doing great
Thanks MyTime but I'm pureed out! I'm not a veggie person to begin with. I don't know how I lasted 7 weeks..LOL I'll go with Lisa's suggestion and steam and blend them with the addition of soup mix. At least I can drink that.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:57 PM   #60  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:

i'm right there with you lisa!!! i could easily devour 8 cups of veggies a day!!!
Closed Thread