measuring veggies

• Hi everyone! I searched the threads and couldn't find an answer to this so I hope it's okay to post.

How do you all measure your veggies? I ask because depending on how you cut up the vegetable, you could have different amounts equal 2 cups. For example, if I sliced a cucumber into thick slices and another into small diced pieces, the thick slices are going to fill up 2 1-cup measuring cups with less cucumber overall than the amount of cucumber it takes to fill 2 1-cup measuring cups full of diced cucumber. I'm not sure if I am explaining that well so I can clarify if it doesn't make sense, but I tried it and it definitely is a different amount overall (even though they both are "2 cups") and a different weight too.

So, is there a standard for the size you are supposed to measure (e.g., chunks, slices, cubes)? I'm curious how you measure your vegetables in general; the cucumber is just an example.

Thanks in advance for your help!
  • I bumped a thread on measuring veggies for you. You should be able to see it on the 1st page of the forum now.
  • Hello! I am very curious about this, too, but don't see the bumped thread??
  • Quote: Hello! I am very curious about this, too, but don't see the bumped thread??
    I'll rebump it. It moved to second page of IP forum as no one has looked at it since i bumped it.
  • Here is the link, too, in case it gets buried again
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...g-veggies.html
  • Thank you!