Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 09:32 AM   #421  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Pattie, you are a gorgeous lady and your star is just going to keep shining brighter! I can be you looked amazing at the wedding - your journey may not be over yet but don't forget how far you have already come!!!

Halfagain, your progress pics are awesome - you are rocking the program!!!

I can sympathize with the pancake boobs - was noticing yesterday that there's a lot of extra skin in that region, and they are definitely not as "perky" as they were! Small price to pay for the rest of me looking so good though Since pregnancy isn't in the cards I'll just have to find lots of great undergarments

Nola and Sonya - you guys are so close!!!! You'll be at goal in no time!

I'm still not totally sure when I'll "officially" phase off - was toying around with shooting for another 5lbs - not so much because I am pushing my luck, but I'm getting to be in a loose 12, and wondering if I should just get down to a comfortable 10 rather than have my 12's be baggy. Not a bad problem to have
Old 02-04-2013, 09:39 AM   #422  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Starshine- congrats on making it to goal, and deciding to keep going again.

mompattie- You are beautiful, and you have transformed yourself. So you aren't done yet, but that shouldn't take away from the progress you have made so far. Think about how you would have felt at that wedding if you were at your pre-IP weight.

Nola- I think the phase 2 for that trip is a good strategy.

Down 2.4lbs at this mornings weigh in, which puts me at 150.8 lbs. Next week I better see the 140's on that scale or else it will be tossed out the window.

I decided to officially lower my goal to 133, which will put me at 23% body fat. That is on the lower range of the ideal body fat for my age, and the middle of the normal range for BMI. My BMI right now is 25.1 which is still considered overweight.

I still have a whole lot of fat that I want to get rid of. I'm not sure how I'm going to look at 133, so I might have to adjust again when I get closer. So for now I get to keep having that wonderful moment when I realise I can fit into a smaller size. I have some size 4 jeans ready and waiting for me in the closet.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:43 AM   #423  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

S/C/G: 250/119/124

Lisa, I totally agree about the "normal" BMI - my goals are to not have any more health risk factors associated with my size/weight. So that means I need to have a normal BMI, a normal body fat percentage and a waist size less than 35. I think I will hit the waist size goal first, then the BMI, not sure if just diet will get me to the normal body fat percentage. I might have to start doing some kind of weight lifting or something to get that one, but, not worrying about that yet. From a strictly cosmetic standpoint, I am fine with where I am right now. But I really want the medical stuff to be in line, so those are my goals. I have no idea what weight that will actually be, my goal weight is just an estimate.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:01 AM   #424  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyainva View Post
nola we will have to hold each other accountable to lose the last 7 or 8, i understand what you are going through, i have no energy. i need some energy.

started working out with light weights this morning
Sonya and nola, I'm at about the same point as the two of you. I'm ready to start adding in some exercise beyond just walking and I'm thinking about P2. Luckily I'll be getting my exercise through scuba diving over the next couple of weeks, so I'm really looking forward to that. I'm hoping to get to goal by the end of this month.

I was looking back this morning at how far we've all come even just over the last few months, and it's pretty amazing! Between this last round of weight loss on IP and everything else I've tried since I reached my high somewhere over 180, I am at a weight now that I haven't seen since the mid-1990s, and I am absolutely *thrilled*!
Old 02-04-2013, 10:05 AM   #425  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

Bubbleblower - I hear you. Headed to Costa Rica on Feb 28, than have a cruise on March 23rd, need to tone and just have more energy.

have come a long way.

starting to enjoy the fruits of our hard work
Old 02-04-2013, 10:15 AM   #426  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:
Congrats on the fab loss!!! From 22 to a 10, come a long way baby. Smoking hot. So happy for you. May you get to your goal and maintain what ever that may be. Love your determination.

I am on p2, have immune system issues, fevers at night, so decided will lose the last 8 or so after costa rica which is first week of march.
Thank you so much, Sonya! I so hope you feel better soon. And Costa Rica! How fun is that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
Starshine-

Congratulations on making goal! That is awesome!!!! Your losses are incredible and your attitude is wonderful, glad I got to meet you on 3Fatchicks!

Sonya-
I also have 7 lbs til goal, and I also moved to phase2 about a week ago. Phase 2 is "meh" for me. I'm going on vacation Saturday with 30 kids to Disney for 7days so I wanted to move to phase 2 as I find the energy I get from "real protein" seems to last longer than packets. I'll need all the energy I can get. It was move on for more real protein or eat extra packets. I decided on trying phase 2, but I'm bringing lots of packets jik. I don't know if I will stay in phase 2 for the last 7 or go back to phase 1 after this trip. My losses appear the same on phase 2 so far, so it may not matter. I hope you have a wonderful vacation, let us know how it goes!
Thanks, Nola! I'm so happy to read all your posts too! I love New Orleans, and it's fun to have you on this board. Have the best time at Disney! 30 Kids. umm, wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Magenta"]

I felt beautiful with my hair done and make up professionally done, and my dress....but looking at the pictures I have still a ways to go! It had me in tears last night actually. I thought I looked better, but I'm still just so fat. . DH didn't utter a single compliment over the entire weekend, so that combined with my pity party I was bummed out.

But NO MORE PITY PARTY. TIME FOR BIG GIRL PANTIES. This morning I'm good though. I'm not going to let it get me down!!! I have to look at how far I've come and let the pictures MOTIVATE ME TO GOAL!! Onward and upward and here's to another day 100% OP! (Did a bit of a modified IP over the weekend, back to 100%)
Oh, Mompattie, I bet you looked beautiful! And remember, photos lie! They add weight and depending on which lens is used, you can look taller or wider, or whatever. But still, you've come so far on your journey and lost so much. The change is just incredible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Starshine - How wonderful you are at goal! Congrats...

I get to sew all day today
Thanks, Bellamack! Still on Phase 1 until I reach the goal of less fat.

Have fun sewing today!
Old 02-04-2013, 12:01 PM   #427  
~John Wayne~ On:6/21/2012

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Hello everyone! I haven't had time to read all of the post but wanted to give you an update on me so here it goes.....
Today was week 92 weigh in and I loss 5lbs! I have been staying between 220-225 for the past month, this morning I was 219!.....I have officially met my goal....231lbs LOST!!....I am going to go another 10lbs or whatever I am weighing on Feb 16th, that is my 47th birthday so my gift to me is to begin to phase off. I know that I have at least 30-40lbs of excess skin so I am really weighing 170-180lbs. My collar bones are really starting to show and my arms are becoming really thin so its time for me to stop. I have a new adventure coming up in a few weeks but I can't say details just quiet yet. Maybe this weekend I will let everyone know what they are. I DO KNOW I will be in seattle in april for a week so I am excited about that!!...more later!

HA, finally found it. I knew you had reached your original goal, but it took me some searching to see the announcement. I can't believe you weren't yelling off the top of every post/page. Congratulations!!!! I love your idea of going until your birthday. Cool.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:19 PM   #428  

S/C/G: 144/138.0/118

Height: 5'0"

Default sonyainva, have you been losing on Phase 2?

Quote:
nola we will have to hold each other accountable to lose the last 7 or 8, i understand what you are going through, i have no energy. i need some energy.

Hi,

I am in Phase 2, I am 128lbs and my goal is 115-120. I am not losing much in Phase 2, are you? I am the same weight as I was last week, only been on Phase 2 a week, and I would love your input.

Thank you
Old 02-04-2013, 01:28 PM   #429  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Good Morning!!!!. I'm back from BFFs wedding this past weekend! It was an absolutely wonderful wedding! 32 people in all, immediate family and both bride and groom had their BFF there. It was wonderful!! I am still savouring the memories! I will post a picture of me in my bridesmaid dress when DH gets them off the camera, hopefully tonight.

I felt beautiful with my hair done and make up professionally done, and my dress....but looking at the pictures I have still a ways to go! It had me in tears last night actually. I thought I looked better, but I'm still just so fat. . DH didn't utter a single compliment over the entire weekend, so that combined with my pity party I was bummed out.

But NO MORE PITY PARTY. TIME FOR BIG GIRL PANTIES. This morning I'm good though. I'm not going to let it get me down!!! I have to look at how far I've come and let the pictures MOTIVATE ME TO GOAL!! Onward and upward and here's to another day 100% OP! (Did a bit of a modified IP over the weekend, back to 100%)
i can't wait to see your lovely photos!!

i hear you about dh not really noticing or saying anything to the positive. i did mention to nigel once, how come he never really said anything to me about me losing my extra weight...and especially recently when he did mention the extra skin starting to sag and that is was not very attractive. this comment has really put me in a different mind frame. he has never ever before said anything about me being fat. but this is the first time he has mentioned that the excess skin is unattractive.

still, he sat me down and said, susan, i know you have extra weight extra skin now, and you probably think i am just a guy and don't notice those things, but the truth is, i don't SEE you the way you see yourself.

to me i see the beautiful lady i love. that is all i ever see, that is all i need to see, whether you are losing weight or gaining, have on makeup or not, are dressed up fancy or lounging in your pj's with messy hair...i see YOU...and i love YOU

and i want to be able to just let it go, so why do i feel the need to be validated from him??? why can't i focus on the fact he loves me instead of the fact he notices my extra skin is not very attractive??

i can certainly sympathize with you for needing your husband to notice you and tell you more often! a woman needs to hear these things.

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 02-04-2013 at 03:38 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:50 PM   #430  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:

It's a deal, Sonya! Let's check back with each other after vacation!
Old 02-04-2013, 02:53 PM   #431  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Good Morning!!!!. I'm back from BFFs wedding this past weekend! It was an absolutely wonderful wedding! 32 people in all, immediate family and both bride and groom had their BFF there. It was wonderful!! I am still savouring the memories! I will post a picture of me in my bridesmaid dress when DH gets them off the camera, hopefully tonight.

Aww, Pattie, hugs! Sorry you felt that way last night, glad it has passed. We tend to be our own worst critics. Maybe you could post a pic from the wedding cuz you know we chicks here would tell you unbiased how wonderful you looked and how we see so much transformation.

Last edited by Nolawhodatchick; 02-04-2013 at 02:56 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:37 PM   #432  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexiChanel1 View Post
Hi,

I am in Phase 2, I am 128lbs and my goal is 115-120. I am not losing much in Phase 2, are you? I am the same weight as I was last week, only been on Phase 2 a week, and I would love your input.

Thank you
I just started p2 so cannot help. Lookup ip boot camp, that helped me get from 128 to 123
Old 02-04-2013, 04:31 PM   #433  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
i can't wait to see your lovely photos!!

i hear you about dh not really noticing or saying anything to the positive. i did mention to nigel once, how come he never really said anything to me about me losing my extra weight...and especially recently when he did mention the extra skin starting to sag and that is was not very attractive. this comment has really put me in a different mind frame. he has never ever before said anything about me being fat. but this is the first time he has mentioned that the excess skin is unattractive.

still, he sat me down and said, susan, i know you have extra weight extra skin now, and you probably think i am just a guy and don't notice those things, but the truth is, i don't SEE you the way you see yourself.

to me i see the beautiful lady i love. that is all i ever see, that is all i need to see, whether you are losing weight or gaining, have on makeup or not, are dressed up fancy or lounging in your pj's with messy hair...i see YOU...and i love YOU

and i want to be able to just let it go, so why do i feel the need to be validated from him??? why can't i focus on the fact he loves me instead of the fact he notices my extra skin is not very attractive??

i can certainly sympathize with you for needing your husband to notice you and tell you more often! a woman needs to hear these things.
Wow what a sweet dh you have. Thank you for sharing - it rings very much like my dh has been trying to tell me. My dh worries I'll take the weight loss too far (I'm not sure I know what he means by that - I know I'm not going to endanger any too slim to be healthy meters). I'll put on a size 3x top and comment how large it is, and he'll say "that looks nice!" and mean it. I don't know if he's trying to be encouraging, or is saying not to buy smaller cloths because what I have is good enough, or if he just doesn't see what I see. This frustrates me. I have an issue with my loose skin, he does not. The weight loss is for me (he says it doesn't matter to him). However health wise it does matter to me, as well as being able to move, and fit in things like cars, theaters, etc. He's supportive with the diet, but I think as many emotional issues that surface, as well as just lifestyle changes that will need to continue for me, it affects him too. We're both dealing with the changes.

Last edited by Halfagain; 02-04-2013 at 06:04 PM. Reason: cuz eye kant spel ore yews gud grahmer
Old 02-04-2013, 08:49 PM   #434  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Finally back from my business trip...I've missed all of you.

Starshine: Way to go!

Pattie: I'm sure you looked beautiful!

Everyone else: Keep up the great work!

I was 100% OP during my business trip because I HAD A PLAN

Last edited by IdealProteinNewbie; 02-04-2013 at 08:49 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:37 PM   #435  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Rainbow, it is our own insecurities that haunt us. My hubby has loved me to death for 31 years, it is me who is hard on myself. We need to love ourselves as much as we love others.
Closed Thread