Old 03-02-2014, 02:48 PM   #166  
Started IP Sept. 24, 2013

S/C/G: 378/315/190

Height: 5'6"

Default Pork Chile (My Favorite)

I've adapted one of my favorite recipes to fit the I.P. program. I've used this the whole 6 months I've been on this program and have always had very good losses so it must be okay.

Pork Chile

This is my favorite recipe.

1 quart chicken broth (basically 3-4 cups)
2 teaspoons olive oil - divided
2 pounds lean pork, cubed into bite size pieces
2 teaspoons chopped fresh garlic
2 cans Rotel tomatoes with green chilies (about 2 1/4 cups)
3 cans (4 oz. each) chopped green chilies (about 1 1/2 cups)
1 small can chopped jalapenos (less if you don't like it hot) - (about 1/4 cup)
salt and pepper to taste

1. Brown half of pork in 1 teaspoon of oil in a heavy Dutch oven. Remove to plate and cook the rest of the pork in remaining oil. When browned add the rest of the browned pork and remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer at least 2 hours. This can also cook in a crock pot all day on low.

2. When pork is very tender, you can slightly mash part of the meat and then thicken the soup with a arrowroot and water mixture. Serve over cauli-rice or bed of shredded lettuce.

3. I counted 1/4 of the total mixture as my 8 oz cooked pork, 1/2 cup of limited vegetable, 1/2 cup vegetable, and 1/2 t. oil.

Servings: 4
64peppergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 03:30 PM   #167  

Default Homemade chicken soup

I make chicken soup frequently in the winter or for a cold

I use only veggies from the select veggie list in my soup.

So,
1 whole chicken (I usually roast it first, easier to remove skin & fat). In a pinch you could get a rotisserie chicken at the store, but know they are usually injected and you need to read ingredients.
Chicken bone broth (made ahead-of-time...usually from previous chickens I've cooked - see below)
I actually weigh all the meat so I know how many dinner servings are in there. I figure 5-6 oz cooked = 8 oz raw
So if there are 20 oz cooked chicken, it is 4 servings.
Then I add 8 c veggies (2/serving) and then I have 4 full dinner servings of soup! (When I'm sick, I may split that up throughout the day)

Veggies I've used: celery, leeks, mushrooms, bok choy (no carrots on IP).

For bone broth:
Place chicken carcass(es) in a pot or in crockpot. Cover with water & add 1 Tbsp raw apple cider vinegar. Add veggie scraps (I save celery leaves & onion skins for this purpose). Simmer for at least 24-36 hours. Cook until bones are extremely brittle. Strain & toss all bones/scraps. When this broth is chilled, it should sort've gel (like Jello). This is not fat. This is the collagen from the bones. Bone broth is WAY better for you than the broth you buy in boxes in the store. I keep my bone broth in the freezer until needed (freeze in ice cube trays & then you can easily access the amount you need )

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-04-2014 at 03:31 PM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:21 PM   #168  

Thanks Lisa.
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:06 AM   #169  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

Saw this on the Talk - made it last night. It was very easy and good. Any white fish will do

Baked Halibut with wild oregano, olive oil and lemon

Serves 4

Ingredients

4 halibut fillets

2 tablespoons olive oil

½ teaspoon finely grated lemon zest

Juice of 1 lemon

2 paper thin slices of lemon, cut in half

½ teaspoon wild oregano (or ¾ teaspoon of regular oregano)

Scant teaspoon salt

Freshly ground pepper

Directions

Preheat oven to 400ºF.

Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper. Pat the fish fillets to remove any excess moisture. Sprinkle the fillets with the salt and some freshly ground pepper. Place the fillets on the baking sheet.

In a small bowl, combine the lemon zest and juice, whisk in the olive oil and the oregano. Pour the lemon and herb mixture over the fish fillets. Place a half slice of lemon on top of each fillet. Bake the fillets in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until cooked through and opaque.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_talk/topics/show/1002065
LUCCILOVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:22 AM   #170  

S/C/G: 250/215/150

Height: 5.4

Good Morning to all !!! I am viewing the many successes of others , congratulations to all !!! I am wondering what is going wrong with my success. WI 7 will be on 3/12/14. Lost 15 pounds in 3 weeks but WI.4 - WI.7 has been a yo-yo. Today I get on the scale to find that I have a 20 lb loss after 6 weeks and 900 + dollars. Better than no loss, but just looking at what some of you Ipeeps, I feel like a failure. I am drowning in water I drink what's required by the hardest. I eat the same meals daily, trying to keep it simple. my favorite Proteins (fish or shrimp) Veggies (zucchini, spinach or broccoli) and of course my afternoon snack strawberry wafers. This week i had wafers every other day instead. That makes life miserable. I love those things. lol... My coach only says, Your doing great ! your losing. You won't be shrinking violet.... I see many of you doing so much better. I have lost 10 inches in 4 weeks . and no inches since.... OMG. Not looking for a miracle, just saying ...... 20lbs x $900 = Wow !!! Any Idea's ???
gidgetonsweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 05:53 PM   #171  

S/C/G: 278.3 / 156.5 / 180

Height: 5'4"

Default Oven-Baked Zucchini Chips

Ingredients
Zucchini (1 small zucchini yielded ~1 cup of chips)
Olive oil spray
Salt

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 225°F.
2. Thinly slice zucchini into chips. A mandoline is recommended, as it will slice the zucchini uniformly (which ensures uniform cooking time), but watch your fingers!
3. Lay slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. Lightly coat the tops of the zucchini with olive oil using a pastry brush or mister.
5. Lightly season with salt.
6. Bake at 225°F for ~40 minutes.
7. Flip the slices, coat with oil and season with salt.
8. Cook for ~40 minutes. The slices should be lightly browned.

Note: The Dinner Mom, where I found this recipe (credit), says you can cook it in the microwave, too. Lightly spray a microwave-safe plate with olive oil cooking spray, lightly coat the tops of the slices with olive oil, lightly season with salt, and cook the zucchini on high for 4-5 minutes.

Just tried the oven-baked version, and it's yummy!
Fearciuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 02:40 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 170/163/135

Default broccoli cheddar soup

hi all... this is just a quick way of turning the soup packet into a filling meal. I usually prefer to use the frozen broccoli florets but the supermarket always has big bags of cut up broccoli pieces( with stems) for cheap so I use that in this recipe! I microwave some of the broccoli until it is nice and soft. As the broccoli microwaves I put a cup of water and the soup packet into my blender. Then add some salt, pepper, garlic powder and white cheddar popcorn seasoning. Once the broccoli is cooked I throw it directly into the blender and puree until smooth. If you cook the broccoli right before making the soup there is no need to heat the soup once you've pureed it because the broccoli makes it nice and hot! This gives you a huge portion of filling and delicious broccoli cheddar soup! Yum!
jojobananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 02:06 PM   #173  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

http://www.food.com/recipe/simple-ov...ea-bass-351631

Simple Oven-Baked Sea Bass
By aMused chef on January 23, 2009

Prep Time: 10 mins Total Time: 30 mins Servings: 2

Ingredients
1 lb sea bass ( cleaned and scaled)
3 garlic cloves, minced or crushed
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon italian seasoning or 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves
2 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
2 lemon wedges
1/3 cup white wine vinegar (optional) or 1/3 cup white wine (optional)
Directions
Preheat oven to 450F°.
In a cup, mix garlic, olive oil, salt, and black pepper.
Place fish in a shallow glass or ceramic baking dish.
Rub fish with oil mixture.
(Optional) Pour wine over fish.
Bake fish, uncovered, for 15 minutes; then sprinkle with parsley or Italian seasoning and continue to bake for 5 more minutes (or until the thickest part of the fish flakes easily).
Drizzle remaining pan juices over fish and garnish with lemon wedges.
Enjoy!
LUCCILOVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:02 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 180.6/145.6/140 or less

Height: 5'8

Just made the raspberry jelly as a hot drink instead of jello, added extra water, but also added a packet of "True Lime" like flavoring. Really did the trick and gives it a really nice flavor. Keep up the great work guys!
FacingIt27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 01:30 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 263/217/130

From "Hungry Girl"

Lemony Spring Chicken Pack
Entire recipe: 308 calories, 5.5g fat, 509mg sodium, 27.5g carbs, 6g fiber, 5.5g sugars, 40.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 8*

Chow down on juicy chicken and spring veggies in a delightful lemony garlic-butter sauce. This is how we do it, people!

Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes

Ingredients:
2 cups chopped kale leaves
1 cup chopped asparagus
1/2 cup sliced sweet onion
2 dashes each salt and black pepper
One 5-oz. raw boneless skinless chicken breast cutlet, pounded to 1/2-inch thickness
1/2 tbsp. light whipped butter or light buttery spread (like Brummel & Brown) I substitute EVOO
1 tsp. chopped garlic
1/2 lemon, cut into 3 wedges

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lay a large piece of heavy-duty foil on a baking sheet and spray with nonstick spray.

Lay veggies on the center of the foil. Sprinkle with a dash each of salt and pepper.

Season chicken with remaining dash each of salt and pepper, and place over the veggies. Dollop with butter and sprinkle with garlic.

Place one lemon wedge at the right edge of the veggies and another at the left edge, so that cut sides of each wedge are laying flat against the foil. Squeeze remaining lemon wedge over the chicken. Cover with another large piece of foil.

Fold together and seal all four edges of the foil pieces, forming a well-sealed packet. Bake for 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender.

Allow packet to cool for a few minutes, and then cut packet to release steam before opening entirely. (Careful -- steam will be hot.) Serve with cooked lemon wedges for extra squeezing!

MAKES 1 SERVING

Great way for me to get my veggies in my belly!

Last edited by LuvA1exa; 03-20-2014 at 01:35 PM.
LuvA1exa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 04:53 AM   #176  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvA1exa View Post
From "Hungry Girl"

Lemony Spring Chicken Pack
Entire recipe: 308 calories, 5.5g fat, 509mg sodium, 27.5g carbs, 6g fiber, 5.5g sugars, 40.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 8*

Chow down on juicy chicken and spring veggies in a delightful lemony garlic-butter sauce. This is how we do it, people!

Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes

Ingredients:
2 cups chopped kale leaves
1 cup chopped asparagus
1/2 cup sliced sweet onion
2 dashes each salt and black pepper
One 5-oz. raw boneless skinless chicken breast cutlet, pounded to 1/2-inch thickness
1/2 tbsp. light whipped butter or light buttery spread (like Brummel & Brown) I substitute EVOO
1 tsp. chopped garlic
1/2 lemon, cut into 3 wedges

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lay a large piece of heavy-duty foil on a baking sheet and spray with nonstick spray.

Lay veggies on the center of the foil. Sprinkle with a dash each of salt and pepper.

Season chicken with remaining dash each of salt and pepper, and place over the veggies. Dollop with butter and sprinkle with garlic.

Place one lemon wedge at the right edge of the veggies and another at the left edge, so that cut sides of each wedge are laying flat against the foil. Squeeze remaining lemon wedge over the chicken. Cover with another large piece of foil.

Fold together and seal all four edges of the foil pieces, forming a well-sealed packet. Bake for 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender.

Allow packet to cool for a few minutes, and then cut packet to release steam before opening entirely. (Careful -- steam will be hot.) Serve with cooked lemon wedges for extra squeezing!

MAKES 1 SERVING

Great way for me to get my veggies in my belly!
You'd also have to add more chicken (8 oz is a dinner serving)
3.5 c veggies in one meal is a LOT. IP suggests 2 at lunch and 2 at dinner. But this recipe could work with some more modifications (reduce veggies -Kale?, add more chicken and DEFINITELY use EVOO instead of the butter!). I'd also cut back on the lemon. Just a little goes a long way and it has carbs!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 07:30 AM   #177  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

I do something similar using WF bbq sauce, bell pepper & turnips (or whatever veggies you want). The baking directions are pretty much the same and you get really tender chicken this way. Good over cauli-rice too.
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:54 AM   #178  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

One of my favorite food bloggers just posted a recipe for Asparagus-Stuffed Deviled Eggs. Thought some IPers might be interested. Seems like a good way to sneak in some veggies and something you can serve to guests. Obviously replace the mayo with WF or something else IP compatible.

http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2014/...-stuffed-eggs/
pishposhappelsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:01 PM   #179  

S/C/G: 278.3 / 156.5 / 180

Default Turkey Meatloaf

Ingredients
olive oil
2 cups (200g) cauliflower rice
1 cup (101g) celery, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 tsp minced garlic from jar)
1 egg white
1 tsp parsley
1 tsp thyme
2 tsp chives
2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 lb ground turkey

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350°F.

2. In medium saute pan, warm olive oil over medium heat. Saute cauliflower rice, celery and garlic for 5-7 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.

3. In medium mixing bowl, lightly beat egg white. Add parsley, thyme, chives, salt, pepper, and turkey. Add cauliflower rice mixture. With clean hands, toss ingredients until combined.

4. Line two 5.75"x3" loaf pans with parchment paper. Divide meat mixture in half by weight and press half into each loaf pan.

5. Bake 40 minutes or until done. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.

Note: Each serving contains 8oz ground turkey and 1.5 cups vegetables.

I tried this tonight, and it was pretty good.
Fearciuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:07 AM   #180  

S/C/G: 321/291/215

Height: 5'8"

I'm addicted to this at the moment!

Unstuffed cabbage rolls

1 lb of ground beef or turkey
4 cups of chopped green cabbage
1 small can diced fire roasted tomatoes
2-3 cloves diced garlic
Onion powder
S & P
1/2 cup water

Brown the beef with the garlic and seasonings. Drain, add entire contents of tomato can. Cook for 5 mins. Add cabbage and half of water. Cook until cabbage is soft, add more water if needed to keep things cooking, but not so much that the water won't cook out.

Makes two huge servings.
CarbLover443 is offline   Reply With Quote