Old 03-13-2013, 02:00 AM   #46  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene87 View Post
anyone have a good recipe for a vege soup????

I found this online from Steven from Finland....Hope this helps....it is from 2011

HEARTY SPOON-HUGGING SOUP:
If you have a hard time eating all your vegetables, or you just want a much bigger portion of your soup without watering it down, try adding roasted vegetables to your Ideal Protein soups and blending it up in a blender for a ridiculously thick and tasty meal.

1. Get a small bag of frozen brocolli and a small bag of frozen cauliflower and microwave until partially thawed. (will speed up cooking time in oven)

2. Place on baking sheet lined with baking paper.

3. Drizzle or spray with Olive Oil and spice to taste.

(I use Mild Jalepeno Tabasco, sea salt, & 5 pepper for the brocolli and use original tabasco, sea salt, and hot indian chili powder on the cauliflower)

4. Bake at 225 C (approx 425 F) until cooked. (about 10-15 min. Should be lightly toasted). Take out of oven.

5. Add 10 to 16 oz hot (not boiling) water to a blender.

6. Add in your choice of Ideal Protein soup (Chicken is my favourite. Leek and Musroom also go great with this.)

7. Blend (being careful that the water is not so hot that the steam will build up and burn you!) Turn off blender.

8. Add in your vegetables and smash down so they will blend. Blend until creamy. (If it gets "stuck", turn off and smash down again.)

If too thick, add more hot water until the right consistency.

9. I usually microwave the final soup for about 45 seconds to get it piping hot if needed.

I like my soup very thick like pea soup. This makes at least two big bowlfuls and microwaves beautifully if you want to put in a container to take to work... super easy to take with and is hearty enough to not slurp down in 2 minutes. :-)

I usually make 2 batches at the same time. One to eat immediately and one for lunch the next day. I just use bigger bags of vegetables. If making a double batch, you can mix 2 different kinds of soups, but I recommend making each separately, then mixing together so as not to overwork your blender.
thatgirl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:00 AM   #47  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

FinnSteve has a whole thread of recipes, it's linked in the Newbie sticky thread!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...x-finland.html
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:38 AM   #48  

Somebody asked me to post my chili recipe.
The one here I saw had Worcestershire sauce, which isn't p1 friendly

Here is my P1 chili (4 servings)

2 lb lean ground beef ( or use half beef/half chicken or turkey)
1.5 c chopped Green peppers
1.5 c chopped Celery
1.5 c chopped Leeks
2 14oz cans Diced tomatoes for chili (read ingredients. No added sugar. If you can't find one, use plain tomatoes and buy 2 cans diced chili peppers)
Spices to taste: garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper

I serve mine over a bed of lettuce (think taco salad) or over cauliflower rice

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-29-2013 at 09:36 AM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:35 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 251/188/135

Height: 5' 4"

Thanks Lisa! I am going to try this recipe this week!
aliboo723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:13 PM   #50  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Ok, I used to hate liver when my mom tried to make it, couldn't even be in the house with it. But I've been reading paleo cookbooks in anticipation of maintenance and found some interesting information about liver so I decided to take the plunge and try it. I found this a pretty good recipe that I would try again. However I will say that I altered the portions to include 8oz liver and just enough of the veg to fit my meal portion. I think the liver was a bit rich for me so next time less liver per meal.

Note: if you aren't yet sold on liver but like staying on a budget, I bought 1lb liver for $2.07. Can't get much cheaper than that!

GARLIC CHICKEN LIVERS WITH PEPPERS AND KALE
12oz (340 g) chicken liver
2 tsp olive or grapeseed oil
1 onion, sliced
3 thinly sliced clove of garlic
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper
1 large sweet red pepper, diced
1 cup chicken stock
¼ tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp coconut or apple cider vinegar
2 cups fresh kale, chopped

Rinse chicken livers and pat dry; remove any fat and connective tissue. Cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces. In large skillet, heat 1 tsp (15 mL) of the oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry livers until browned and still slightly pink inside, about 4 minutes. Remove to plate; keep warm.

Add remaining oil to pan; fry onion, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 4 minutes. Add red pepper; cook for 2 minutes.

Whisk together stock, xanthan gum and vinegar; add to pan and bring to boil, add the kale. Reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Return livers to pan; heat through.
KitKat169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:04 AM   #51  

Default Jicama Salad with Cilantro and Lime

Jicama Salad with Cilantro and Lime
(Ideal Protein AZ) IP
2 pounds jicama, peeled and julienned
1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup lime juice
Shake of Chile Powder to taste

Combine the julienned jicama, chopped cilantro, and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Sprinkle with lime juice and toss to coat. Shake on chile powder. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:33 AM   #52  

Default zucchini/packet muffin recipe

Here's my recipe for zucchini/IP packet muffins (again)

1 IP packet (I use lemon/banana pudding, wild berry yogurt, maple oatmeal or potato puree, for potato rolls)
USE packet DRY

1 egg white (I use from the carton)
pinch salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 c (from raw) shredded zucchini, lightly sauteed in 1 tsp oil & cooled

Whip egg whites with salt until frothy but not peaked
stir in remaining ingredients
Let sit 10 minutes for baking powder to activate
Spray non stick muffin tin before filling 3 regular sized muffins. Do NOT use papers!
Bake 350 approx 20 mins (baking time may vary depending on oven)
They will fall a bit upon cooling.

I usually make 4 batches at once, to fill a one dozen muffin pan.

Makes a great breakfast, lunch (esp potato rolls) or snack AND includes 1 c veggies!

Last edited by lisa32989; 08-28-2013 at 06:48 PM.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:56 PM   #53  
Started IP 1/14/2012

TOD MAN PLA (THAI FISH CAKES)
Ingredients
1 1/2 lb (681g) firm, fresh, raw, white fish (cod, halibut, sole, shrimp, scallop, lobster, etc.)
3 each (99g) egg whites
1 tbsp (6g) fresh ginger, minced
4 each (12g) garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp (15g) red curry paste
1/4 cup (72g) fish sauce
10 each (10g) fresh kaffir lime leaves, cut into very thin strips (lime zest is an acceptable substitute)
1/2 lb (227g) green string beans, ends and string removed, cut into thin little discs
1 small (74g) red bell pepper, seeded and cut into small dice
2 tbsp (28g) light oil (for sautéing ... such as coconut, olive or ghee)
salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste

Method:
1. In a food processor, place your fresh fish, egg whites, ginger, garlic, curry paste and fish sauce. Puree the mixture into it is a smooth frothy paste. Transfer the mixture to a bowl.
2. Fold in your lime leaf strips, green bean discs and red bell pepper dice. Season with a bit of salt and pepper.
3. Heat a skillet or large sauté pan over medium heat and add your oil. These are often deep fried, but I opted to cook them like pancakes (less mess, less need to use a lot of fat/oil, for the purposes of frying). You can do it in any manner you see fit.
4. Add your oil to the pan. When the oil ripples, place little plops of paste into the oil (I tend to use a small ice cream scooper for this). Press down a bit, to flatten them out. They'll cook more quickly and evenly.
5. When one side is nice and golden brown, flip them to cook the other side.
6. When they are cooked through, serve!

Note: This is delicious served with some thin slices of cucumber and chilies, tossed with some fish sauce, rice wine vinegar and a bit of sweetener.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:21 AM   #54  
Sojourner

S/C/G: 168.8/138.2/125

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Here's my recipe for zucchini/IP packet muffins (again)

1 IP packet (I use lemon/banana pudding, wild berry yogurt, maple oatmeal or potato puree, for potato rolls)

1 egg white (I use from the carton)
pinch salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 c (from raw) shredded zucchini, lightly sauteed in 1 tsp oil

Whip egg whites with salt until frothy but not peaked
stir in remaining ingredients
Let sit 10 minutes for baking powder to activate
Spray non stick muffin tin before filling 3 regular sized muffins. Do NOT use papers!
Bake 350 approx 20 mins (baking time may vary depending on oven)
They will fall a bit upon cooling.

I usually make 4 batches at once, to fill a one dozen muffin pan.

Makes a great breakfast, lunch (esp potato rolls) or snack AND includes 1 c veggies!

Thanks Lisa for this recipe.
I made this using the lemon pudding and the banana pudding for breakfast they awesome warm and cold with breakfast . They keep well in the fridge

Last edited by putenpie; 04-10-2013 at 03:22 AM.
putenpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:53 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 208/208/145

Height: 5'2.5"

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #3
thread now has over 500 posts so time for a new one
Rainbow, I have been looking through all your incredible recipes and have a few questions for you.
How do you exactly make your kale chips? Do you bake them as big leaves or cut them small to measure in a measuring cup? Same with your zuchinni chips. I saw a medium zuchinni cut in slices and baked but I was unclear if you had measured it out to find out how many cups your chips had made.

A few of your recipes you refer to an IP crepe packet. Is that the same as the pancake one?

Where did you buy your gourmet garden tubes?

Thank you for the help. I think you are pretty awesome and your journey has so inspired me.
randygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:42 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 165/132.2/125

Height: 5'3

I tried to make the crispy cereal pancake this morning.. but it stuck to the pan...? Any suggestions as to how to not stick?
Thanks
snickers70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:13 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 230/210/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post
Dinner tonight: Zucchini noodles lighty sauteed then tossed with basil pesto. To make the pesto, I blended in my Magic Bullet a large handful of basil with about 1/4 cup olive oil (used over several meals), a few dried mushrooms to add some body, salt, a couple cloves of garlic. I didn't miss the pine nuts or parmesan cheese.
I know this is old, but I'm curious...KitKat, if you see this, do you hydrate the dried mushrooms first? I'm intrigued.
Ruti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:56 AM   #58  
Started IP: 1/16/13

S/C/G: 228.6/see ticker/128

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by snickers70 View Post
I tried to make the crispy cereal pancake this morning.. but it stuck to the pan...? Any suggestions as to how to not stick?
Thanks
I make the crispy cereal pancakes almost every morning! I cook them in a little bit of coconut oil and never have a problem with them sticking.
animallover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:33 AM   #59  
Started IP 1/14/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruti View Post
I know this is old, but I'm curious...KitKat, if you see this, do you hydrate the dried mushrooms first? I'm intrigued.
In this case I pulverized the dried mushrooms into a powder so they acted as a thickener and for flavour rather than being recognizable. If i wanted them to look like mushrooms, I would rehydrate with a bit of hot water first. Use the left over water in the recipe because there is a lot of flavour there too.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:36 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

BBQ Kale Chips

The most delicious batch I've ever made!

Line a cookie sheet with foil, spread small pieces of kale, mist with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt, stevia, paprika and chili powder. Bake at 300* for 15 minutes.

This rub also makes for amazing BBQ chicken!
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote