3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)

frawniemae 03-10-2015 09:56 PM

Fried Dill Pickles w horseradish dipping sauce

If you like pickles, you will LOVE these!!

1 c low sodium dill pickles, very well drained
1/3 c egg whites
1 IP Dill Zippers, crushed (Sea Salt and vinegar would work and probably the garlic and herb crisps, too; flavor would be the only difference)

Put pickles in shallow dish and pour eggwhites over all. Stir around to coat evenly. Put crushed zippers, etc in another shallow dish and, doing a few at a time, dredge the pickles until fairly well coated. Place on a parchment sheet covered baking pan. Bake at 375 20-25 minutes.

Horseradish Dipping Sauce
1 T WF Ranch dressing
1 T homemade chipotle (or plain) mayo
1 tsp prepared creamy horseradish (check to be sure it is 0/0/0)

Mix well. Would be good with a number of veggies!

ImASharkIPromise 03-10-2015 10:20 PM

Bulgogi!

I had a need for bulgogi, and my roommates wanted beef and broccoli, so I adapted a recipe to make it IP friendly! I've since made it with chicken, and it was delicious as well!

Bulgogi and Veggies
(Two IP servings)

1 lb flank steak or chicken breast, sliced thin
5 tbs soy sauce
2 1/2 tbs Splenda
1/4 cup chopped scallion
2 tbs minced garlic
2 tsp sesame seeds
4 tsp sesame oil
Several dashes of red pepper flakes to taste
1/2 tsp black pepper
4 cups broccoli (or greenbeans, or bok choy... these could all work!)
Salt

1. Mix the meat with all ingredients but the veggies and salt, and marinade in the refrigerator for an hour. The sauce will barely cover the meat- this isn't an overly saucy meal, so this is normal.
2. While the meat marinades, cook the veggies however you prefer and add salt to taste.
3. Cook the meat and sauce in a pan of hot olive oil until cooked throughout. Remove from heat, and mix in in the vegetables.
4. Enjoy!

I've also made this for guests with a side of rice, and they love it I just stick to the bulgogi and veggies, and they have no idea I'm on a diet! :D

Ro22 03-11-2015 05:59 PM

Sticky Recipe Booklet Request

Is it possible for someone to post in the Sticky thread under the recipes the post(s) that have the links to the varous recipe booklets (eg Rainbow's vol 1 & II)? I also created one from all the recipes that were in the recipe threads and others I found that I liked.

My computer restarted last night and I had the Adobe files open that had Rainbow's 2 volumes and lost them and now I can't find them in the threads. It would be so much easier to just have a direct link or download available from the Sticky for each.

On a separate but related note, would it also be helpful to add some additional organization to the recipes. For example, for everyone to be consistent and post the recipe title in the title of the post (but this still leaves the problem of having to wade through comments and postings to find a recipe) so perhaps a sticky with a link to the files themselves so that everyone puts their recipes directly into a document and then use the recipe thread to comment about likes/dislikes, etc?

Just some thoughts as I have been experiencing these issues while trying to put together a maintenance plan with recipes at hand and realize there is a ton of info in the threads that have accumulated over the years but so time consuming to try and use them.

frawniemae 03-11-2015 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ro22 (Post 5141652)
Is it possible for someone to post in the Sticky thread under the recipes the post(s) that have the links to the varous recipe booklets (eg Rainbow's vol 1 & II)? I also created one from all the recipes that were in the recipe threads and others I found that I liked.

My computer restarted last night and I had the Adobe files open that had Rainbow's 2 volumes and lost them and now I can't find them in the threads. It would be so much easier to just have a direct link or download available from the Sticky for each.

On a separate but related note, would it also be helpful to add some additional organization to the recipes. For example, for everyone to be consistent and post the recipe title in the title of the post (but this still leaves the problem of having to wade through comments and postings to find a recipe) so perhaps a sticky with a link to the files themselves so that everyone puts their recipes directly into a document and then use the recipe thread to comment about likes/dislikes, etc?

Just some thoughts as I have been experiencing these issues while trying to put together a maintenance plan with recipes at hand and realize there is a ton of info in the threads that have accumulated over the years but so time consuming to try and use them.

Here's a link to rainbow's Vol 1 & 2 threads
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...s-rainbow.html
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...umn-2-a-2.html

Ro22 03-11-2015 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frawniemae (Post 5141730)

Thx but those are the threads - I am looking for the recipe booklets that another poster put together in PDF files that I believe are in a post somewhere.

rainbowsmiles 03-12-2015 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ro22 (Post 5141757)
Thx but those are the threads - I am looking for the recipe booklets that another poster put together in PDF files that I believe are in a post somewhere.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwWd...MGc/edit?pli=1

:hug:

Ro22 03-12-2015 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles (Post 5141915)

Thanks, Rainbow!
There were 2 documents. Do you have a link for the second one also?
Btw, I hope you were able to get yourself back on plan!

rainbowsmiles 03-12-2015 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ro22 (Post 5141932)
Thanks, Rainbow!
There were 2 documents. Do you have a link for the second one also?
Btw, I hope you were able to get yourself back on plan!

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwWd...JkMkdIMFk/edit

yes, i am back on an alternative plan and making progress, trying to get back to where i left off!! :) a work in progress!!!:hug:

Ro22 03-12-2015 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles (Post 5142091)
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwWd...JkMkdIMFk/edit

yes, i am back on an alternative plan and making progress, trying to get back to where i left off!! :) a work in progress!!!:hug:

Thank you! I wish we could add these direct links to the Sticky!

Way to get back at it :cool:

This is a serious question...have you thought about offering your baking services, etc to members of this site? I, for one, would sign up immediately to place orders with you!!!

rainbowsmiles 03-12-2015 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ro22 (Post 5142096)
Thank you! I wish we could add these direct links to the Sticky!

Way to get back at it :cool:

This is a serious question...have you thought about offering your baking services, etc to members of this site? I, for one, would sign up immediately to place orders with you!!!

oh my...thanks for the compliment, but there are much more inventive cooks on the scene than I!! haha

check this lovely ladies facebook, amazing creativity here!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/340015849538224/

also, i am now working full time as an in home private CNA and have little enough time to get creative on ip now! sadly! i have added a few new recipes to the rainbow thread, in case you missed them! check it out!

thank you for your kind words of support, that truly means a lot to me, I am struggling my way through it this time, but i am a fighter and i won't quit! a work in progress for life no doubt! :)

:hug::hug: thank you though....for making me look back and remember a few years ago when i felt i was on the mountain top!

Britt2298 03-12-2015 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles (Post 5142114)
oh my...thanks for the compliment, but there are much more inventive cooks on the scene than I!! haha

check this lovely ladies facebook, amazing creativity here!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/340015849538224/

also, i am now working full time as an in home private CNA and have little enough time to get creative on ip now! sadly! i have added a few new recipes to the rainbow thread, in case you missed them! check it out!

thank you for your kind words of support, that truly means a lot to me, I am struggling my way through it this time, but i am a fighter and i won't quit! a work in progress for life no doubt! :)

:hug::hug: thank you though....for making me look back and remember a few years ago when i felt i was on the mountain top!

Love going through and trying all of the recipes!!!! Love that this is a one-stop shop for my weekly meals!

rainbowsmiles 03-13-2015 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Britt2298 (Post 5142176)
Love going through and trying all of the recipes!!!! Love that this is a one-stop shop for my weekly meals!

:hug: its fun to be creative. makes the journey even more rewarding. keep up your great work! :)

lisa32989 03-13-2015 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles (Post 5142114)

Hi Rainbow:
This obesity fight is a journey through a mountain range. Sometimes we're climbing the steep slopes, sometimes we're coasting down, sometimes we get the comfort of the valley, sometimes we have to fight to the summit. It is all good when we keep on keepin' on.

frawniemae 03-13-2015 02:26 PM

Turkey Zoodle Egg Bake

TURKEY ZOODLE EGG BAKE
Recipe by Janeva Eickhoff ( IP P1 Support group on FB)
Ingredients:
2 medium zucchini, spiralized to equal 2 C.
1 C. fresh tomatoes, diced (I used 1 c coarsely chopped red pepper)
2 T. green onion, chopped
4 oz. ground turkey (vegetarians can sub 2 add’l whole eggs + 1 egg white)
6 large eggs
1/3 C. + 3 T. Liquid egg white substitute (I use Better ‘n Eggs brand)
4 tsp. coconut oil (or olive oil, or grapeseed oil)
1 tsp. sea salt
½ tsp. black pepper, less or more to taste
¼ tsp. nutmeg

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a small frying pan, brown the ground turkey; drain any fat or moisture.
3. Meanwhile, spiralize the zucchini squash into zucchini noodles, dice tomatoes and chop green onion.
4. Spray a 10” x 10” glass casserole dish with cooking spray. If using the coconut oil, melt it in the casserole dish by microwaving about 20-30 seconds, if using the other oils do not heat just place in casserole dish.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and egg white substitute with the salt, pepper and nutmeg until blended.
6. Add the egg mixture to the casserole dish and blend with the oil.
7. Add the raw zucchini noodles, tomatoes, green onion and cooked turkey to the dish and toss gently using tongs (or clean hands) until the “zoodles” are well coated and incorporated with the eggs. Distribute ingredients equally in casserole so it cooks evenly.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until eggs are set and edges are golden brown.
TIP: I like to use coconut oil in this dish, it lends a similar texture as if using butter. Some clinics allow coconut oil on occasion as many members use it for the nutritional value. Please ask your coach or clinic for information on this or use the other oil options. For vegetarians, add an additional 2 whole eggs + 1 egg white to get your protein and add 1 more cup of veggies of choice in place of the turkey, sautéed sliced baby bella mushrooms would be great.

SERVINGS: 2 – 8oz lean meat + 3 C. veggies; this is a double recipe. You will eat ½ of egg bake to equal 1 – 8oz portion lean meat and 1 ½ C. veggies – for additional veggies to equal 2 cups I recommend topping with sautéed mushrooms. Do not put them in the egg batter as it will be too crowded and egg dish will be dry.

rainbowsmiles 03-13-2015 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 5142279)
Hi Rainbow:
This obesity fight is a journey through a mountain range. Sometimes we're climbing the steep slopes, sometimes we're coasting down, sometimes we get the comfort of the valley, sometimes we have to fight to the summit. It is all good when we keep on keepin' on.

:hug: you always have the sweetest things to say! its a turmoil of a struggle! never give up and never give in!

oma lurline 04-02-2015 07:52 PM

I have a big bag of kale and I don't like it. I steamed it and I made "Kale chips". I think that it is bitter and has a funky taste. Any ideas before I feed it to the garbage disposal?

hysteria_625 04-02-2015 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oma lurline (Post 5149762)
I have a big bag of kale and I don't like it. I steamed it and I made "Kale chips". I think that it is bitter and has a funky taste. Any ideas before I feed it to the garbage disposal?

How did you bake them? With spices or by itself?

Personally, I spread the kale out on a cookie sheet covered in parchment, spray lightly with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with garlic, sea salt, and pepper.

oma lurline 04-02-2015 09:40 PM

That is how I did them but without the garlic. I didn't like how the ribs turned into hard toothpicks. Maybe I just don't like kale. I love spinach and other greens. I am cheap so I am looking for some way to make it palatable and not waste it. I am not a picky eater (or I wouldn't be in the shape that I am in!)

Briael 04-03-2015 12:24 AM

Put it in a blender and mix in with the IP chocolate pudding to thicken it up, or the chocolate drink with some blended ice. Trust me, you won't taste it at all. :)

fosfos 04-03-2015 01:29 AM

Hi all - I'm using the RTD Vanilla drink exclusively so there are very few recipes :-( However, a few weeks ago I left one in the freezer by accident ... lo and behold, after a few minutes of defrosting, I had something that tasted like vanilla ICE CREAM!!!! It was amazing :-)

Briael 04-03-2015 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fosfos (Post 5149849)
Hi all - I'm using the RTD Vanilla drink exclusively so there are very few recipes :-( However, a few weeks ago I left one in the freezer by accident ... lo and behold, after a few minutes of defrosting, I had something that tasted like vanilla ICE CREAM!!!! It was amazing :-)

Vanilla with nutmeg (pseudo-eggnog), vanilla with cinnamon, vanilla with the real lime lime sachets to make a key lime drink. Hopefully at least one new option there. :)

oma lurline 04-03-2015 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Briael (Post 5149838)
Put it in a blender and mix in with the IP chocolate pudding to thicken it up, or the chocolate drink with some blended ice. Trust me, you won't taste it at all. :)

What proportions do you suggest I use?

hysteria_625 04-03-2015 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Briael (Post 5149838)

^^ this too! I went through a green smoothie stage in 2013 (pre IP) and kale was my preferred green of choice. Even just mixed with regular vanilla protein powder and a couple strawberries I couldn't taste it (again - this was 2013, not now). Blending it you don't have to worry about the spines - when I make Kale chips or saute it in a little evoo / garlic / water, I remove the spines (PITA, I know) - too tough.

lisa32989 04-03-2015 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oma lurline (Post 5149796)
That is how I did them but without the garlic. I didn't like how the ribs turned into hard toothpicks. Maybe I just don't like kale. I love spinach and other greens. I am cheap so I am looking for some way to make it palatable and not waste it. I am not a picky eater (or I wouldn't be in the shape that I am in!)

You have to tear the leaves off the stems. Then you don't get the "toothpicks"

fosfos 04-04-2015 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Briael (Post 5149853)
Vanilla with nutmeg (pseudo-eggnog), vanilla with cinnamon, vanilla with the real lime lime sachets to make a key lime drink. Hopefully at least one new option there. :)

Thanks, Briael I haven't even thought of adding spices. Off to experiment.

Briael 04-04-2015 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oma lurline (Post 5149854)
What proportions do you suggest I use?

2 cups of kale goes down to around 1/3cup of liquid (make sure you remove the spines - ick!). Four to five ice cubs. Blend blend blend until it's smooth.

If you can still taste a faint bitterness (most people can't) add some spices to pep it up. :)

frawniemae 04-04-2015 10:25 PM

Fauxtato Salad

Cauliflower "Potato" Salad

1 head of cauliflower trimmed and cut into bite size pieces, steamed until tender
6 boiled eggs
1/3 cup homemade mayonnaise plus 1 T WF mayo
3 T yellow mustard
3 T chopped dill pickle
1/8 cup of chopped raw onion (can use more if you prefer)
1/4 t black pepper
1/2 t sea salt

Place egg yokes in a large bowl. Add mayo and mustard and using a fork, blend well. Cut the whites into small bite size pieces. Drain cauliflower. When it has cooled combine all ingredients. Cover tightly and chill over night.

About 3/4 cup of salad equals 1 cup veggie and 1-2 oz protein (depending on how much eggs gets in there!)

frawniemae 04-04-2015 10:34 PM

"Carrot" Cake

Carrot Cake with Frosting

1 butterscotch pudding mix (dry)
1 maple oatmeal mix (dry)
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. Splenda
¼ tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1/8 tsp. ground ginger
1/3 C. liquid egg whites
1 T. skim milk
2 tsp. olive oil
2 T. vanilla pre-made drink
½ tsp. vanilla extract
¼ C. pureed roasted rutabaga (see recipe below)
Cinnamon (for rutabaga)
Splenda (for rutabaga)
Olive Oil Cooking spray

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Cube ½ C. rutabaga, place in a medium sized bowl. Spray with olive oil cooking spray and sprinkle with some cinnamon and Splenda; toss to coat.
Place far apart on a baking sheet and roast for 15 – 20 minutes or until golden brown. Turn rutabaga once during roasting. Set aside to cool.
TURN OVEN DOWN TO 350 degrees.
For the cake batter: In a medium mixing bowl, combine the remaining dry ingredients, mix well. Add the remaining wet ingredients (except rutabaga); stir.
Place cooled rutabaga in a food processor and puree (this will take the place of carrots.) The rutabaga will be grainy, not smooth like true puree and should be shrunk down enough during roasting to give you ¼ C. of puree. Fold ¼ C. pureed rutabaga into the batter.
Generously spray an oven-proof 5” round glass Pyrex bowl with cooking spray. (1 Qt. size)
Place batter into the bowl, spray the back of a spoon with cooking spray and lightly spread batter evenly into the bowl.
Bake 22 - 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes clean. Cool.

Servings: 2 IP unrestricted + ½ C. veggies (if you are using the frosting, add 1 restricted serving)

CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
Recipe by Janeva Eickhoff

2 oz. Tofutti Soy cream cheese (I subbed neuchefel cheese)
1 T. Walden Farms marshmallow dip
1 T. vanilla drink mix (dry) (I subbed pudding mix)
1 T. cream cheese emulsion (this is an extract flavoring that is sugar free and water based, that can be purchased from www.olivenation.com) ( I subbed 2 T vanilla RTD)

Directions:
Place all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and whip with an electric hand beater for about 1 minute.
Frost cooled cake; cut and serve in wedges.

Servings: Count this as 1 restricted

I quadrupled the recipe, baked in a 13x9 Pyrex baking dish, and cut into 12 pieces. I figured each piece will count as 1.5 packets, a scant 1/4 c occasional veggie plus 1oz milk and I also will count it as restricted.

Ro22 04-07-2015 07:14 PM

Chicken Rice (Cauliflower)

- 2 cups Cauliflower florets (200 g)
- 1 Ideal Protein Chicken Soup
- 1/2 Lemon (for Lemon Juice)
- 1-2 tsp Olive Oil
- Roasted Garlic to your liking
- Salt & Pepper to taste

1 - Steam cauliflower in microwave - 8 minutes or so should do the trick (you don't want mush but you want to get a fork through the florets). (I have a microwave steam container I got at Amazon that I use)

2 - While cauliflower is steaming, roast garlic for about 10 minutes in the oven at about 375. The amount of garlic is per your liking.

3 - mix Chicken Soup but with 6 oz of water so it is thicker. Add lemon juice by squeezing lemon, salt and pepper to the soup and make per normal instructions. I microwave it for 2 minutes.

4 - Add the cauliflower, some of the chicken soup (I used about half), roasted garlic and olive oil into food processer on Level 2 for about 30 seconds and then pulse for about 15. You want to make sure your garlic and cauliflower is processed.

Serve warm.
This counts as a lunch (1 IP packet, 2 cups veggies, and fat)

Here is a picture...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7J...ew?usp=sharing

Ro22 04-07-2015 07:18 PM

French Bread Rolls (Really!)

1 scoop Quest Multi-Purpose Protein Powder
1 egg white
1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1 packet Stevia

Mix ingredients together. Bake in a mini cake pan at 385 for 20 minutes.

Here is what they look like...I swear they taste like French Bread. I had one with peanut butter. I think it would be better with eggs or as a sandwich with meat of your choice.

Ro22 04-07-2015 07:23 PM

Cinnamon Spice Muffin

1 Proti-thin Cinnamon Spice Oatmeal packet (or any brand/flavor of your choosing)
1 egg white
1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1 Stevia pack or 1 tsp
1 tsp cinnamon
2 oz of water

Mix together and bake at 385 for 20 minutes.
I made one muffin out of it but you can do mini ones.

I made 6 packets at once...they count as 1 breakfast or snack...here's how they look...

Wahoofan 04-13-2015 01:34 PM

Turkey Meatballs with lemony (Cauliflower) Rice

http://www.thebittenword.com/thebitt...mony-rice.html

I made this Saturday with the cauliflower substitution the bloggers suggested. I also left out the bread from the meatballs and used fresh ground dark meat turkey. Between the two, my meatballs were almost too wet to turn. It was really tasty though and I will definitely be making it again. I'll probably just make a patty in the future instead of meatballs though.

The cauli rice was especially tasty with the garlic, lemon, and chicken broth. I had intended to use the Parmesan for this first time, but I forgot to buy some and didn't miss it at all.

hysteria_625 04-13-2015 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Briael (Post 5150205)
2 cups of kale goes down to around 1/3cup of liquid (make sure you remove the spines - ick!). Four to five ice cubs. Blend blend blend until it's smooth.

If you can still taste a faint bitterness (most people can't) add some spices to pep it up. :)

B - My Ninja even pulverizes the spines! (just saying ;) ) Is this unusual?

frawniemae 05-03-2015 10:32 AM

Fudgesicles

2 packets IP dark chocolate pudding mix
1 packet Syntrax Nectar Chocolate Truffle mix
1 T unsweetened cocoa powder
2 t stevia
2 cups cold water
1 1/2 c Silk (unflavored, and if you use unsweetened - add another tsp of stevia) If you'd rather not use Silk you can use 2% or even water or a mixture of any of said ingredients but liquids should total 3 1/2 cups.

Using blender, process on high until smooth and creamy. If too thick to pour, blend in up to a T of cold water. Pour into popsicle molds and freeze at least 4-6 hours before enjoying.

This recipe made 6 large popsicles and, according to myfitnesspal, each of these babies has 77 calories, 5 carbs, 1 fat, 12 protein, 2 sugar, 137 sodium.
If you use the options I mentioned, these number will change, possibly being lower.

Enjoy!

frawniemae 05-04-2015 11:00 AM

Naked Burrito Casserole

NAKED BURRITO CASSEROLE
Recipe by Janeva Eickhoff

Yields 2 servings

Ingredients:
8 oz. lean ground beef (or chicken or turkey)
sugar free Taco seasoning, to taste
1 - 10 oz. can *Rotel mild diced tomatoes & green chiles
4 eggs + 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
Fresh cilantro, chopped (to taste)
Mockamole, optional
Shredded Lettuce
*Pico de Gallo, optional
Cooking spray

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a medium frying pan, brown ground beef, drain and season with taco seasoning.
3. Spread ground beef evenly into a 9 x 9 inch baking dish.
4. Drain Rotel, spread evenly over beef mixture.
5. Pour beaten eggs over the top, sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
6. Bake 25 minutes or just until center of casserole is set and eggs no longer jiggle. Do not over bake or the eggs will go from tender to tough.
7. Cut casserole into 4 squares, stack 2 on top of each other on a plate and serve topped with shredded lettuce, cilantro, mockamole and Pico de Gallo.

Servings: Entire recipe = 16 oz. lean protein (8 oz. ground beef + 4 whole eggs + 2 egg whites) + 4 C. veggies (including the tomatoes, lettuce, Pico de Gallo.); ½ recipe = 8 oz. lean protein + 2 C. veggies

TIP: Use any of the Rotel diced tomatoes with green chiles, ie – mild, Mexican, hot, etc. If you cannot find Rotel brand, use 1 C. canned diced tomatoes (drained) and ½ C. canned diced green chiles (drained.) For the Pico de Gallo, you can purchase this in the refrigerated section of the produce area or make your own by cutting up tomato, onion, cilantro, jalapeno and lime juice, to taste.

frawniemae 05-16-2015 09:20 PM

Sweet and Sour Salmon

Don't shy away because of the name! A chef friend of mine makes a dish similar to this one and I have been trying to recreate it the IP way. I am happy to say this is as good as his was!

Makes 2 servings (5-7 oz protein and 1/2 cup veggie each)

two 5-7 ounce salmon filets, boneless, skinless
1/2 cup each coarsely chopped red and gold bell peppers
4 tsp EVOO
1/4 cup Walden Farms honey Balsamic dressing
2 T Walden Farms pancake syrup
2-3 T rice vinegar (be sure it is 0/0/0) (ACV might work; I haven't tried it)
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp dried onion flakes

Mix dressing, syrup and vinegar with a whisk. Heat oil over medium high in large non stick skillet with a lid. Saute bell peppers 2 minutes. Push to the edge of the pan and add salmon. Cook 2 minutes then turn. Lower heat to simmer. Place bell pepper over fish. Pour liquid mixture over all. Sprinkle seasonings and dried onions over all. Cover and cook 5 minutes.

Optional: add some chopped cilantro just before serving.

hysteria_625 05-17-2015 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frawniemae (Post 5164956)
Don't shy away because of the name! A chef friend of mine makes a dish similar to this one and I have been trying to recreate it the IP way. I am happy to say this is as good as his was!

Makes 2 servings (5-7 oz protein and 1/2 cup veggie each)

two 5-7 ounce salmon filets, boneless, skinless
1/2 cup each coarsely chopped red and gold bell peppers
4 tsp EVOO
1/4 cup Walden Farms honey Balsamic dressing
2 T Walden Farms pancake syrup
2-3 T rice vinegar (be sure it is 0/0/0) (ACV might work; I haven't tried it)
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp dried onion flakes

Mix dressing, syrup and vinegar with a whisk. Heat oil over medium high in large non stick skillet with a lid. Saute bell peppers 2 minutes. Push to the edge of the pan and add salmon. Cook 2 minutes then turn. Lower heat to simmer. Place bell pepper over fish. Pour liquid mixture over all. Sprinkle seasonings and dried onions over all. Cover and cook 5 minutes.

Optional: add some chopped cilantro just before serving.

This sounds amazing Frawnie! Wouldn't guess you found the honey balsamic WF in the store?

frawniemae 05-17-2015 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hysteria_625 (Post 5165032)
This sounds amazing Frawnie! Wouldn't guess you found the honey balsamic WF in the store?

I usually order my WF online from vitacost. Sometimes they'll have a B1G1 special. I was elated when I found that honey balsamic just so I could try it in this recipe!

frawniemae 06-01-2015 10:38 AM

Cabbage Roll Soup

1 lbs. lean ground beef
2 C. shredded cabbage
1 T dried onion flakes
1 (14.5 oz.) can * no sugar added fire roasted diced tomatoes
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. IP salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 or 2 cans fat free beef broth (depending on how thick you want it)

Heat a skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground beef. Drain any fat.
Add remaining ingredients and stir to mix. Bring soup to a boil, cover and turn down to simmer 30 minutes. Add seasonings to taste.

Servings: 2 – 8oz. lean meat + 2 C. Veggies.

* If you use plain tomatoes, add more garlic powder, onion powder, etc to taste.

oneuh2 06-03-2015 03:23 PM

P1 Vanilla Raspberry Sorbet

P1 Vanilla Raspberry Sorbet

1 bottle Ideal Protein Vanilla Almond Yogurt Drink
1 packet of Raspberry Mousse Mix
2 ounces of water – Or more if you want more diluted.

1. Pour vanilla almond drink in bullet or blender.
2. Fill bottle with 2 ounces water and shake.
3. Pour water from bottle into blender.
4. Pour dry raspberry mousse mix into blender and blend.
5. Pour into two small glasses and freeze.
6. Makes two non-restricted desserts. Enjoy one now and one another day.
Phase 1 Friendly!
from Dr. Zumbado's IP website