3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)

karenfromtexas 02-25-2014 07:41 PM

Hi everyone,

I was craving chicken enchiladas with green sauce so I came up with this recipe to satisfy that craving:

Green Chili Chicken Stew

6 tomatillos, husked and quartered
2 poblano* peppers, seeded and cut into 2” pieces
4 Hatch* chile peppers, seeded and cut into 2” pieces
4 tsp olive oil, divided
Salt and pepper to taste
½ onion, chopped
3-4 zucchini or Mexican grey squashes, chopped
1 jicama, chopped
3-4 garlic cloves, crushed
8 c chicken broth
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
2-3 cups leftover cooked chicken
Juice of 1 lime

Spread tomatillos and all peppers on 2 cookie sheets so that they are in one layer. Drizzle the vegetables with 3 tsp olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss. Roast at 400 for about 25 minutes, stirring halfway through to ensure even roasting. Cool slightly. Puree in a blender with a little of the chicken broth to desired smoothness. Set aside. Heat remaining 1 tsp olive oil in a large stock pot. Saute onion and garlic until onion is translucent. Add squash, jicama, chicken broth, cilantro, and pureed tomatillos and peppers. Bring to boil. Cover pot and simmer until squash is tender. (Jicama will remain firm, even if cooked a long time.) Add chicken and simmer for a few minutes more. Add lime juice.

*Substitute any mild, green chile peppers you like. If you want the stew hotter, leave some or all of the seeds in. Coat your hands with vegetable oil before handling chiles to prevent skin irritation.

I added 1 tbsp of reduced fat sour cream to my bowl of soup and that really seemed to add a lot to the flavor.

Enjoy!

Karen

kcdoe 02-26-2014 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ems70508 (Post 4932343)
*Acquired this recipe from the Incredible Weight Loss Center*
Artisan Bread
Potato Puree
1 egg
1tsp olive oil
2 ounces of water
1/4 tsp baking soda
seasoning to taste ie: garlic powder, basil, oregano, etc
*packet already has seasoning so be careful not to over-season!

preheat to 350, spray with pam and spread thin. bake for 20 mins or brown and toasty. So delish!

Yes be very careful I apparently did and mine went right into the trash, discusting :( I'll try again though love the thickness.

Did everyone get the unrestricted brownie recipe using chocolate drink and pudding mix? It's good?

kcdoe 02-26-2014 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karenfromtexas (Post 4945864)
I have to give a shout out to whomever posted the chocolate "whoopie pie"/cookie recipe (the one using the IP chocolate drink and the IP crispy cereal packet). It was absolutely delicious! I added 2 tsp. of Torani SF Belgian Cookie syrup and I think that made a big difference.

Karen

Is the recipe in this thread?

LUCCILOVE 02-26-2014 07:38 AM

kcdoe-yes I posted the double cookie recipe it is post #156 it was very good. It makes 2 unrestricted servings. I will make more and use my new torani syrups. I have also done witht he vanilla and cappucino packets I think vanilla is the best

I did try the chocolate pudding/drink packet. I first followed exactly what it says but it was so dry - not think I had at least 1-2 cups of water. When I cooked it was more like a fudge or a cake then a brownie but it was still excellent - it is nice for breakfast or dessert if u need an unrestricted. It is pretty rich. Let me know how it goes!!!

LUCCILOVE 02-28-2014 09:17 AM

You can adapt it however you want. My husband and I really like this. He is not on IP

This is from my neighbor who is "sort of" on IP. She used chicken thigh

1 8 oz skinless chicken breast (bone in would work as well)
1-2 cloves of garlic finely minced
3 tbsp Dijon mustard (there are some with no white wine in it)
1 tbsp WF mayo or Trader Joe's Reduce Fat mayo (my clinic lets me use it)

Juice of 1 lime or lemon
Zest of 1 lime or lemon
Cracked pepper to taste.

Mixed together until blended. Pour over chicken and toss until coated. Put on baking tray and sprinkle with dried parsley. Bake at 400 for 30-35 min. - might take a little longer depending on your oven.

I added cumin, white pepper, and topped the chicken with paprika so there is some browning. The mustard does have a kick but it is really good. Next time I am going to add mushrooms in it. It is like a Dijonnaise Chicken

64peppergirl 03-02-2014 02:48 PM

Pork Chile (My Favorite)

I've adapted one of my favorite recipes to fit the I.P. program. I've used this the whole 6 months I've been on this program and have always had very good losses so it must be okay.

Pork Chile

This is my favorite recipe.

1 quart chicken broth (basically 3-4 cups)
2 teaspoons olive oil - divided
2 pounds lean pork, cubed into bite size pieces
2 teaspoons chopped fresh garlic
2 cans Rotel tomatoes with green chilies (about 2 1/4 cups)
3 cans (4 oz. each) chopped green chilies (about 1 1/2 cups)
1 small can chopped jalapenos (less if you don't like it hot) - (about 1/4 cup)
salt and pepper to taste

1. Brown half of pork in 1 teaspoon of oil in a heavy Dutch oven. Remove to plate and cook the rest of the pork in remaining oil. When browned add the rest of the browned pork and remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer at least 2 hours. This can also cook in a crock pot all day on low.

2. When pork is very tender, you can slightly mash part of the meat and then thicken the soup with a arrowroot and water mixture. Serve over cauli-rice or bed of shredded lettuce.

3. I counted 1/4 of the total mixture as my 8 oz cooked pork, 1/2 cup of limited vegetable, 1/2 cup vegetable, and 1/2 t. oil.

Servings: 4

lisa32989 03-04-2014 03:30 PM

Homemade chicken soup

I make chicken soup frequently in the winter or for a cold

I use only veggies from the select veggie list in my soup.

So,
1 whole chicken (I usually roast it first, easier to remove skin & fat). In a pinch you could get a rotisserie chicken at the store, but know they are usually injected and you need to read ingredients.
Chicken bone broth (made ahead-of-time...usually from previous chickens I've cooked - see below)
I actually weigh all the meat so I know how many dinner servings are in there. I figure 5-6 oz cooked = 8 oz raw
So if there are 20 oz cooked chicken, it is 4 servings.
Then I add 8 c veggies (2/serving) and then I have 4 full dinner servings of soup! (When I'm sick, I may split that up throughout the day)

Veggies I've used: celery, leeks, mushrooms, bok choy (no carrots on IP).

For bone broth:
Place chicken carcass(es) in a pot or in crockpot. Cover with water & add 1 Tbsp raw apple cider vinegar. Add veggie scraps (I save celery leaves & onion skins for this purpose). Simmer for at least 24-36 hours. Cook until bones are extremely brittle. Strain & toss all bones/scraps. When this broth is chilled, it should sort've gel (like Jello). This is not fat. This is the collagen from the bones. Bone broth is WAY better for you than the broth you buy in boxes in the store. I keep my bone broth in the freezer until needed (freeze in ice cube trays & then you can easily access the amount you need )

eandc2006 03-04-2014 09:21 PM

Thanks Lisa.

LUCCILOVE 03-09-2014 10:06 AM

Saw this on the Talk - made it last night. It was very easy and good. Any white fish will do

Baked Halibut with wild oregano, olive oil and lemon

Serves 4

Ingredients

4 halibut fillets

2 tablespoons olive oil

½ teaspoon finely grated lemon zest

Juice of 1 lemon

2 paper thin slices of lemon, cut in half

½ teaspoon wild oregano (or ¾ teaspoon of regular oregano)

Scant teaspoon salt

Freshly ground pepper

Directions

Preheat oven to 400ºF.

Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper. Pat the fish fillets to remove any excess moisture. Sprinkle the fillets with the salt and some freshly ground pepper. Place the fillets on the baking sheet.

In a small bowl, combine the lemon zest and juice, whisk in the olive oil and the oregano. Pour the lemon and herb mixture over the fish fillets. Place a half slice of lemon on top of each fillet. Bake the fillets in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until cooked through and opaque.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_talk/topics/show/1002065

gidgetonsweets 03-09-2014 10:22 AM

Good Morning to all !!! I am viewing the many successes of others , congratulations to all !!! I am wondering what is going wrong with my success. WI 7 will be on 3/12/14. Lost 15 pounds in 3 weeks but WI.4 - WI.7 has been a yo-yo. Today I get on the scale to find that I have a 20 lb loss after 6 weeks and 900 + dollars. Better than no loss, but just looking at what some of you Ipeeps, I feel like a failure. I am drowning in water I drink what's required by the hardest. I eat the same meals daily, trying to keep it simple. my favorite Proteins (fish or shrimp) Veggies (zucchini, spinach or broccoli) and of course my afternoon snack strawberry wafers. This week i had wafers every other day instead. That makes life miserable. I love those things. lol... My coach only says, Your doing great ! your losing. You won't be shrinking violet.... I see many of you doing so much better. I have lost 10 inches in 4 weeks . and no inches since.... OMG. Not looking for a miracle, just saying ...... 20lbs x $900 = Wow !!! Any Idea's ???

Fearciuil 03-09-2014 05:53 PM

Oven-Baked Zucchini Chips

Ingredients
Zucchini (1 small zucchini yielded ~1 cup of chips)
Olive oil spray
Salt

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 225°F.
2. Thinly slice zucchini into chips. A mandoline is recommended, as it will slice the zucchini uniformly (which ensures uniform cooking time), but watch your fingers!
3. Lay slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. Lightly coat the tops of the zucchini with olive oil using a pastry brush or mister.
5. Lightly season with salt.
6. Bake at 225°F for ~40 minutes.
7. Flip the slices, coat with oil and season with salt.
8. Cook for ~40 minutes. The slices should be lightly browned.

Note: The Dinner Mom, where I found this recipe (credit), says you can cook it in the microwave, too. Lightly spray a microwave-safe plate with olive oil cooking spray, lightly coat the tops of the slices with olive oil, lightly season with salt, and cook the zucchini on high for 4-5 minutes.

Just tried the oven-baked version, and it's yummy!

jojobananas 03-11-2014 02:40 PM

broccoli cheddar soup

hi all... this is just a quick way of turning the soup packet into a filling meal. I usually prefer to use the frozen broccoli florets but the supermarket always has big bags of cut up broccoli pieces( with stems) for cheap so I use that in this recipe! I microwave some of the broccoli until it is nice and soft. As the broccoli microwaves I put a cup of water and the soup packet into my blender. Then add some salt, pepper, garlic powder and white cheddar popcorn seasoning. Once the broccoli is cooked I throw it directly into the blender and puree until smooth. If you cook the broccoli right before making the soup there is no need to heat the soup once you've pureed it because the broccoli makes it nice and hot! This gives you a huge portion of filling and delicious broccoli cheddar soup! Yum! :carrot:

LUCCILOVE 03-17-2014 02:06 PM

http://www.food.com/recipe/simple-ov...ea-bass-351631

Simple Oven-Baked Sea Bass
By aMused chef on January 23, 2009

Prep Time: 10 mins Total Time: 30 mins Servings: 2

Ingredients
1 lb sea bass ( cleaned and scaled)
3 garlic cloves, minced or crushed
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon italian seasoning or 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves
2 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
2 lemon wedges
1/3 cup white wine vinegar (optional) or 1/3 cup white wine (optional)
Directions
Preheat oven to 450F°.
In a cup, mix garlic, olive oil, salt, and black pepper.
Place fish in a shallow glass or ceramic baking dish.
Rub fish with oil mixture.
(Optional) Pour wine over fish.
Bake fish, uncovered, for 15 minutes; then sprinkle with parsley or Italian seasoning and continue to bake for 5 more minutes (or until the thickest part of the fish flakes easily).
Drizzle remaining pan juices over fish and garnish with lemon wedges.
Enjoy!

FacingIt27 03-19-2014 09:02 PM

Just made the raspberry jelly as a hot drink instead of jello, added extra water, but also added a packet of "True Lime" like flavoring. Really did the trick and gives it a really nice flavor. Keep up the great work guys!

LuvA1exa 03-20-2014 01:30 PM

From "Hungry Girl"

Lemony Spring Chicken Pack
Entire recipe: 308 calories, 5.5g fat, 509mg sodium, 27.5g carbs, 6g fiber, 5.5g sugars, 40.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 8*

Chow down on juicy chicken and spring veggies in a delightful lemony garlic-butter sauce. This is how we do it, people!

Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes

Ingredients:
2 cups chopped kale leaves
1 cup chopped asparagus
1/2 cup sliced sweet onion
2 dashes each salt and black pepper
One 5-oz. raw boneless skinless chicken breast cutlet, pounded to 1/2-inch thickness
1/2 tbsp. light whipped butter or light buttery spread (like Brummel & Brown) I substitute EVOO
1 tsp. chopped garlic
1/2 lemon, cut into 3 wedges

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lay a large piece of heavy-duty foil on a baking sheet and spray with nonstick spray.

Lay veggies on the center of the foil. Sprinkle with a dash each of salt and pepper.

Season chicken with remaining dash each of salt and pepper, and place over the veggies. Dollop with butter and sprinkle with garlic.

Place one lemon wedge at the right edge of the veggies and another at the left edge, so that cut sides of each wedge are laying flat against the foil. Squeeze remaining lemon wedge over the chicken. Cover with another large piece of foil.

Fold together and seal all four edges of the foil pieces, forming a well-sealed packet. Bake for 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender.

Allow packet to cool for a few minutes, and then cut packet to release steam before opening entirely. (Careful -- steam will be hot.) Serve with cooked lemon wedges for extra squeezing!

MAKES 1 SERVING

Great way for me to get my veggies in my belly!

lisa32989 03-21-2014 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvA1exa (Post 4967279)
From "Hungry Girl"

Lemony Spring Chicken Pack
Entire recipe: 308 calories, 5.5g fat, 509mg sodium, 27.5g carbs, 6g fiber, 5.5g sugars, 40.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 8*

Chow down on juicy chicken and spring veggies in a delightful lemony garlic-butter sauce. This is how we do it, people!

Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes

Ingredients:
2 cups chopped kale leaves
1 cup chopped asparagus
1/2 cup sliced sweet onion
2 dashes each salt and black pepper
One 5-oz. raw boneless skinless chicken breast cutlet, pounded to 1/2-inch thickness
1/2 tbsp. light whipped butter or light buttery spread (like Brummel & Brown) I substitute EVOO
1 tsp. chopped garlic
1/2 lemon, cut into 3 wedges

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lay a large piece of heavy-duty foil on a baking sheet and spray with nonstick spray.

Lay veggies on the center of the foil. Sprinkle with a dash each of salt and pepper.

Season chicken with remaining dash each of salt and pepper, and place over the veggies. Dollop with butter and sprinkle with garlic.

Place one lemon wedge at the right edge of the veggies and another at the left edge, so that cut sides of each wedge are laying flat against the foil. Squeeze remaining lemon wedge over the chicken. Cover with another large piece of foil.

Fold together and seal all four edges of the foil pieces, forming a well-sealed packet. Bake for 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender.

Allow packet to cool for a few minutes, and then cut packet to release steam before opening entirely. (Careful -- steam will be hot.) Serve with cooked lemon wedges for extra squeezing!

MAKES 1 SERVING

Great way for me to get my veggies in my belly!

You'd also have to add more chicken (8 oz is a dinner serving)
3.5 c veggies in one meal is a LOT. IP suggests 2 at lunch and 2 at dinner. But this recipe could work with some more modifications (reduce veggies -Kale?, add more chicken and DEFINITELY use EVOO instead of the butter!). I'd also cut back on the lemon. Just a little goes a long way and it has carbs!

Ruth Ann 03-21-2014 07:30 AM

I do something similar using WF bbq sauce, bell pepper & turnips (or whatever veggies you want). The baking directions are pretty much the same and you get really tender chicken this way. Good over cauli-rice too.

pishposhappelsauce 04-13-2014 11:54 AM

One of my favorite food bloggers just posted a recipe for Asparagus-Stuffed Deviled Eggs. Thought some IPers might be interested. Seems like a good way to sneak in some veggies and something you can serve to guests. Obviously replace the mayo with WF or something else IP compatible.

http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2014/...-stuffed-eggs/

Fearciuil 04-15-2014 09:01 PM

Turkey Meatloaf

Ingredients
olive oil
2 cups (200g) cauliflower rice
1 cup (101g) celery, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 tsp minced garlic from jar)
1 egg white
1 tsp parsley
1 tsp thyme
2 tsp chives
2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 lb ground turkey

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350°F.

2. In medium saute pan, warm olive oil over medium heat. Saute cauliflower rice, celery and garlic for 5-7 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.

3. In medium mixing bowl, lightly beat egg white. Add parsley, thyme, chives, salt, pepper, and turkey. Add cauliflower rice mixture. With clean hands, toss ingredients until combined.

4. Line two 5.75"x3" loaf pans with parchment paper. Divide meat mixture in half by weight and press half into each loaf pan.

5. Bake 40 minutes or until done. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.

Note: Each serving contains 8oz ground turkey and 1.5 cups vegetables.

I tried this tonight, and it was pretty good.

CarbLover443 04-16-2014 09:07 AM

I'm addicted to this at the moment!

Unstuffed cabbage rolls

1 lb of ground beef or turkey
4 cups of chopped green cabbage
1 small can diced fire roasted tomatoes
2-3 cloves diced garlic
Onion powder
S & P
1/2 cup water

Brown the beef with the garlic and seasonings. Drain, add entire contents of tomato can. Cook for 5 mins. Add cabbage and half of water. Cook until cabbage is soft, add more water if needed to keep things cooking, but not so much that the water won't cook out.

Makes two huge servings.

dtbutler4 04-30-2014 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karenfromtexas (Post 4951409)
Hi everyone,

I was craving chicken enchiladas with green sauce so I came up with this recipe to satisfy that craving:

Thanks for this recipe Karen, it sounds really filling. I think I will try this next week

dtbutler4 04-30-2014 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarbLover443 (Post 4985631)
I'm addicted to this at the moment!

Unstuffed cabbage rolls

1 lb of ground beef or turkey
4 cups of chopped green cabbage
1 small can diced fire roasted tomatoes
2-3 cloves diced garlic
Onion powder
S & P
1/2 cup water

Brown the beef with the garlic and seasonings. Drain, add entire contents of tomato can. Cook for 5 mins. Add cabbage and half of water. Cook until cabbage is soft, add more water if needed to keep things cooking, but not so much that the water won't cook out.

Makes two huge servings.

I was planning on making this for dinner tonight!!!! I hope it turns out like I'm dreaming it will.

LUCCILOVE 04-30-2014 12:24 PM

Made the banana pudding muffins with some we chocolate syrup and Torani like mocha syrup. It was amazing. Will try other combos

bluegingham 04-30-2014 01:33 PM

Perfect!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fearciuil (Post 4985357)
Ingredients
olive oil
2 cups (200g) cauliflower rice
1 cup (101g) celery, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 tsp minced garlic from jar)
1 egg white
1 tsp parsley
1 tsp thyme
2 tsp chives
2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 lb ground turkey

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350°F.

2. In medium saute pan, warm olive oil over medium heat. Saute cauliflower rice, celery and garlic for 5-7 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.

3. In medium mixing bowl, lightly beat egg white. Add parsley, thyme, chives, salt, pepper, and turkey. Add cauliflower rice mixture. With clean hands, toss ingredients until combined.

4. Line two 5.75"x3" loaf pans with parchment paper. Divide meat mixture in half by weight and press half into each loaf pan.

5. Bake 40 minutes or until done. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.

Note: Each serving contains 8oz ground turkey and 1.5 cups vegetables.

I tried this tonight, and it was pretty good.

My husband just asked for an IP friendly meatloaf recipe!

Deepblue 05-01-2014 01:58 PM

I made BREAD!

2 Attachment(s)
I am so excited about this recipe that I needed to share. I am sure there must be already a post about this but I can't resist.
I made bread buns using the puree packet following this recipe http://www.lamberjules.com/recipes/i...-rolls-recipe/

DELICIOUS and moist! I did not eat them all the first day I cooked and amazingly two days after ( kept in a container) they are still moist and soft. They are delicious and very filling!

I will be be using this definitely when I have to go on a picnic or short trips.

This is how they look!:D

canadjineh 05-01-2014 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deepblue (Post 4995936)
I am so excited about this recipe that I needed to share. I am sure there must be already a post about this but I can't resist.
I made bread buns using the puree packet following this recipe http://www.lamberjules.com/recipes/i...-rolls-recipe/

DELICIOUS and moist! I did not eat them all the first day I cooked and amazingly two days after ( kept in a container) they are still moist and soft. They are delicious and very filling!

I will be be using this definitely when I have to go on a picnic or short trips.

These look really good... I think they probably work because there is gluten in the potato puree... I had to check it out as I have to stay Gluten Free. Wishing I had something like this for sandwiches when I was on P1. All I got to have was the chewy tortilla made from Broccoli Cheddar Soup packet. It was OK though, tasty.

dtbutler4 05-08-2014 06:38 PM

Quote:

About how many buns did this recipe make for you?

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadjineh (Post 4995939)
These look really good... I think they probably work because there is gluten in the potato puree... I had to check it out as I have to stay Gluten Free. Wishing I had something like this for sandwiches when I was on P1. All I got to have was the chewy tortilla made from Broccoli Cheddar Soup packet. It was OK though, tasty.

Could you direct me to where I could find the recipe for the broccoli cheddar tortillas? Is it some hidden in the recipes sticky thread?

readytolive 05-11-2014 12:16 PM

Quote:

These look absolutely delicious! I'm wondering if I can switch out for the Dixie Diner instant mashers since I can't have the IP ones. Hmmm. :?:

canadjineh 05-11-2014 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtbutler4 (Post 5000752)
Could you direct me to where I could find the recipe for the broccoli cheddar tortillas? Is it some hidden in the recipes sticky thread?

Here: http://www.idealproteinlg.com/blog/i...i-cheese-bread

Really easy, just remember you have to turn it over and cook on both sides.

lisa32989 05-11-2014 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadjineh (Post 4995939)

What has gluten in the potato purée?
Label says contains milk, egg, soybeans.
No wheat or other gluten sources I know about.
Do you avoid all soy due to possible cross-contamination?

lisa32989 06-05-2014 02:41 PM

I have bunches of favorite recipes

Mockamole is in this thread
zucchini muffins (or bread)
Cauliflower hummus
And this one faux potato salad
So many ways to eat well and stay 100% OP

evemomma 06-05-2014 04:21 PM

LOVE these recipes threads! I forgot how much I loved to be a creative cook until I started IP. Here's my concoction for lunch (sorry no measurements as I only used a small 2 oz can of tuna...saving rest of my meat for a yummy dinner).

Chipotle Tuna Stuffed Peppers:

Albacore Tuna (drained)
sea salt
pepper
pinch of cayenne
garlic powder
diced dill pickles (or sugar free relish?)
WF chipotle ranch dressing (combine to taste in bowl)
Colored Peppers sliced in half to make "cups"

Scooped Tuna Salad into the pepper halves and put on cookie sheet sprayed with Pam. Baked at 350 degrees F until peppers brown on edges.

Mmmmmm..... (Have made had these raw too...or make tuna salad with spicy mustard and top with pickle slice in raw pepper cup)

pishposhappelsauce 06-09-2014 04:25 PM

My favorite new simple salad dressing. Probably some variation on it here, but I made it this weekend and my boyfriend and I loved it!

1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp dijon dressing
2/3 cup olive oil
1/2 packet splenda (more to taste)
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp garlic (I left this out since bf is low fodmap)
salt and pepper

Shake it up in a tupperware or emulsify it in the blender and you're good to go!

IP43 06-15-2014 01:11 AM

I was looking for "rutabega" recipes and came across this old treasure too. Didn't find the rutabega info but here is another "pizza crust" one to add from RainbowSmiles in another thread -- it's probably in here too.

IP Crispy Cereal Pizza Crust (This recipe also works for Italian bread)

Pizza Crust or Italian Bread:

1 Ideal Protein Crispy Cereal or Potato Puree pulverized
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp oregano
Pinch of Real Salt
Pinch of Real Seasoning Salt
Dash of Italian Seasoning
1 egg white
1/8 cup (2 tbsp) water
Very finely chopped cauliflower to act as “cheese.” Sprinkle on top (optional)

Mix all ingredients together and let it sit for a couple of minutes to absorb. You may add a little more water at this point and stir again. Note: It should be a little thinner than pancake batter, but thicker than a crepe.) Pour the whole mixture into a frying pan coated with a little(minimal) PAM. Treat it like a big pancake, flip when ready. Place crust onto a pan or Pizza stone on the middle rack. Bake at 400 degrees for 5-10 minutes to dry it out and slightly crisp it. Add toppings. Return to oven for 5-7 minutes.

Pizza Toppings:

Walden Farms Tomato and Basil Pasta Sauce
IP select vegetables of choice. Such as mushrooms, spinach, or bell pepper
Cauliflower finely chopped or pulverized

Heat or cook the chopped cauliflower (microwave 3-4 minutes) until soft. Put a small amount of the Tomato Basil Sauce on the crust. Top with cauliflower, which acts as “cheese.” Top with vegetables.

tamila 06-18-2014 05:35 PM

Hey all! What's your favorite recipe to make with the vanilla pudding mix? I know there are many to choose from but what do you LOVE?

Needing something fun today!

canadjineh 06-18-2014 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 5002242)
What has gluten in the potato purée?
Label says contains milk, egg, soybeans.
No wheat or other gluten sources I know about.
Do you avoid all soy due to possible cross-contamination?

Sorry Lisa just saw this today... I got a list from IP Science dept headquarters through my coach/clinic that had all the products on it & it showed the ones that were labelled GF (ie: 'guaranteed GF') and the ones that were not made with gluten but could not be labelled (possibly due to cross contamination). Potato puree is not checked off in either the 'gluten free' or the 'GF label' columns.
For instance Pina Colada Smoothie and Mushroom soup are checked off in the gluten free column, but due to possible contamination they cannot have a GF label. Same with the Rasp crunch, Caramel crunch, Lemon Poppy seed, Cookies n Crème, & the White Choco bars.
Liana

ChipnDip 06-18-2014 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamila (Post 5026076)
Hey all! What's your favorite recipe to make with the vanilla pudding mix? I know there are many to choose from but what do you LOVE?

Needing something fun today!

Only thing I have ever made is a waffle. Nothing exciting. There is a double chocolate cookie recipe. Can't remember if it was pudding or drink mix that could be done with vanilla. The recipe used woopie pie pans but I did it with an ordinary one.

ksdunham 06-18-2014 07:55 PM

Quote:

do you eat all 5 as a lunch with 2cups veg?:?:

ChipnDip 06-18-2014 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksdunham (Post 5026149)
do you eat all 5 as a lunch with 2cups veg?:?:

Yes. It only uses one packet. Some people adjust their dinner protein for the egg, other people don't bother especially if you use egg white only.

Gina K. 06-18-2014 11:37 PM

I need to make the broccoli and cheese bread!