Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

You're on Page 2 of 25
Go to
  • Garlic Shrimp and Zucchini "Pasta"
    I threw this together after getting some shrimp on sale and craving a "scampi" type dish. It was yummy! I ate mine over Zucchini noodles (use a julienne peeler to make noodles, saute in a little EVOO until tender) and the kids and hubby had theirs over Whole Wheat angel hair pasta.

GARLIC SHRIMP
    3 servings
    Ingredients:

14oz College Inn fat free, low sodium chicken broth (or homemade)
    1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
    3 cloves garlic, crushed
    3 Tbsp lemon juice
    1/8 tsp black pepper
    1/2 tsp turmeric
    1/2 tsp smoked paprika
    1 1/4 lb medium shrimp, shelled and deveined

In a skillet over medium high heat, combine broth, parsley, garlic, lemon juice, pepper, turmeric and paprika. Bring to a boil and cook until mixture reduces by about half.

Add shrimp, return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until shrimp is pink and cooked through (about 5 minutes).

Serve immediately over cooked zucchini noodles.
  • Pinterest/Ideal Protein/Recipes?Southern Chicks
    Thanks to all who are following the new Southern Chicks Pinterest IP Recipes board.....it means a lot that you all really like it.....here's the link for those who want to follow us....http://pinterest.com/marieroseb/idea...uthern-chicks/

Also...I am only 7 posts away from private messaging privileges..Then those who would like to share your recipes to the board as a contributor can message me with your username or email and I can add you to the board.....
    Love this group and so many great recipes.....
  • Quote: Thanks to all who are following the new Southern Chicks Pinterest IP Recipes board.....it means a lot that you all really like it.....here's the link for those who want to follow us....http://pinterest.com/marieroseb/idea...uthern-chicks/

Also...I am only 7 posts away from private messaging privileges..Then those who would like to share your recipes to the board as a contributor can message me with your username or email and I can add you to the board.....
    Love this group and so many great recipes.....
    Now you made me do it. I had to create a Pinterest account and join your group. Now I'll be totally hooked on THAT site too! I'll NEVER get anything productive done now! LOL
    On the plus side, the recipes look DELISH and I can't wait to try some! thanks for sharing!
  • Quote: Now you made me do it. I had to create a Pinterest account and join your group. Now I'll be totally hooked on THAT site too! I'll NEVER get anything productive done now! LOL
    On the plus side, the recipes look DELISH and I can't wait to try some! thanks for sharing!
    IP43....BWAHAHAH.....sorry...yes, you will be hooked...LOL

I know...between FB groups, Pinterest, Blogging sites, 3FC boards etc etc.....how do we get any work down....I love Ideal Protein.....Thank you for following.....
  • Question about Jicima
    Hi! I just started Ip again after a big move. I tried Jicima for the first time and fell in love. I eat it twice a day as a vegetable. I cut it like french fries squeeze a lime and sea salt on it...so delish. It is on the approved list but I am not losing as much each week as I did the first time I did this diet. So you think its the Jicima?? Does anyone know?
  • Quote: Hi! I just started Ip again after a big move. I tried Jicima for the first time and fell in love. I eat it twice a day as a vegetable. I cut it like french fries squeeze a lime and sea salt on it...so delish. It is on the approved list but I am not losing as much each week as I did the first time I did this diet. So you think its the Jicima?? Does anyone know?
    The less you have to lose, the slower the weight comes off. Jicama should not be the issue, it's very low in carbs and calories. Make sure you are measuring everything, drinking all of your water, getting in all packets, supplements, salt and oil.
  • Egg Foo Young - Well what I threw in the pan and named it....

IP Herb Cheese Omlette
    1 cup veggies - I used celery, mushrooms, red pepper, greeen onions, 1 small clove garlic, 1/2 tbls cilantro.
    Splash of soy sauce

Hot Sweet Dip- WF Thousand Island with some sirachi hot sauce.

Sautee all veggies except green onion and cilantro to soften up in large frying pan, mix up omlette and add a splash of low sodium soy sauce. Pour over top of veggies. Sprinkle top with green onions and cilantro before it sets. This makes a nice big and thin pancake like omlete. I sprinkle in red chilli flakes. Use dip. It's good.
  • Bump. The volume 3 thread is still being used but it could get closed soon as it is over 500 posts.
  • My dinner tonight worked out really well.
    Stuffed mini peppers

Ingredients:
    Several mini sweet peppers, top cut off and then sliced in half (top to bottom). You need to determine how many you can fit into your 2 cups veg minus whatever veg you have in the stuffing.

Stuffing:
    8 oz ground turkey (raw)
    1/2 cup mushrooms
    2-4 cloves of garlic to taste
    sea salt
    2-4 tbsp WF sundried tomato dressing
    black pepper
    Other spices as desired

Mix the stuffing ingredients together. Place it in the pepper halfs, pack in tight as you can and round across the top.

If desired, use roasted red pepper puree (roast and blend!) and pour a bit over each pepper. Also optional, add a few shreds of veggie cheese over top.

I assembled these the night before and after work, popped them into a 375 oven for 25 minutes.

• Red Curry Soup
    3 portobello mushrooms cut into strips (like pasta)
    2 Zuchini cut into strips (like pasta)
    1 bunch of green onions chopped or minced
    ½ head of bok choy
    1 to 2 lb of shrimp
    1 1/2 quart of Chicken Stock or Vegetable Stock ( I did a mixture and you can add more or less depending on how much soupiness you want)
    1 to 2 TB of Fish Sauce (optional)
    2TB or more of Red Curry Paste
    1 tsp of red pepper flakes
    1 tsp dried Thyme
    Garlic Salt to Taste
    Onion Powder to Taste
    Sea Salt
    Pepper
    1 TB Oil

Heat your oil in a pot and add 1TB or more of Red Curry paste. Once that melts together, add thyme, red pepper flakes, green onions, zucchini, and mushrooms. Also season at this point with garlic salt, onion powder, sea salt and pepper. Cook for just a few minutes until everything is heated and melted together.. the veggies will cook more in the broth. Then add the broth and bring to a simmer or boil. Once that heats up, add more Red Curry paste, start with 1TB.. stir, taste and then add more if needed. You can also add more at the end if you want. Also add Fish sauce and continue to season. Then add Shrimp and Bok Choy. Go ahead and boil for a few minutes and then turn off the heat and let it sit for 30 minutes or overnight. Be sure to taste it and add your seasonings according to your tastes. This makes about 4 to 6 servings!
    Yum!
  • .....off to find a recipe for that tomato basil flatbread.....
  • "Reuben Sandwich"

Turkey, sauerkraut and WF Thousand Island between romaine lettuce leaves!
  • Eggplant bacon...(Haven't tried it yet, I am marinating it now)

1 large eggplant, or, 3-4 Japanese eggplants
    1 T sea salt
    1 T WF syrup
    2 T olive oil
    2 T tamari
    2 T apple cider vinegar
    1 t chili powder
    1 t paprika
    1 t cumin
    1/4 tsp cayenne

Thinly slice eggplant on a mandoline (or, using a horizontal peeler, see below) and cut into strips. In a separate bowl, mix remaining ingredients. Place eggplant in marinade and let sit for a few hours, or even better, overnight.

Place eggplant strips on a teflex dehydrator sheet and dehydrate a for two hours at 105 degrees. Remove eggplant strips from teflex and place on mesh screen. Dehydrate till crispy.

I'll be back later to give my review!
  • another simple but deliscious dressing for lettuce
    This is very simple, but one of my favourites for lettuce. I haven't tried it with any other vegetables though. Also, please forgive the lack of exact measurements.

Ingredients:
    - A little water (1/2 cup or so, to cover the bottom of the pot)
    - splash or two of vinegar
    - 1 big clove of garlic, or 2 smaller, crushed
    - about 1/2 tsp splenda or any sweetener
    - about 1/4 tsp salt
    - lettuce of any kind (whatever amount you like) Iceberg lends itself well to this, but they are all equally great

Directions:
    Put everything except lettuce in a pot and on the stove, and heat it up, put lettuce in and turn around until it wilts a little (or until it wilts a lot, according to your taste) and take off the stove immediately when it looks the way you want it to and dump out into a bowl. It is good to eat warm or after it cools down, or the next day. Adjust ingredients according to taste.

I love the sweet & sour and garlicky taste of it!! Note: you are not supposed to boil it or make it really hot, just heat enough to make it softer - easier to eat that way, and to blend the tastes. Also note: it tastes wonderful with or without oil (I prefer it without oil).
  • Recipes on Pinterest Board for IP only
    Hi all...wow...some great recipes on here.....awesome...If anyone is interested a group of us which is a spin-off from 3FC has started a Pinterest Recipe and Motivation Board...We are on FB but many are members here in the 3FC community....So if you like Pinterest...and you know who you are.... here's the link to follow us or message me to be a board contributor so you can add your awesome recipes...http://pinterest.com/marieroseb/idea...cks/........We have over 800 new followers in two weeks...Hope to see some new recipes... Thanks, Marie