3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)

Prism57966 02-01-2015 02:36 PM

chicken tender recipes

I saw a recipe for chicken tenders using one of the chip packets....i need these in my life asap, but can remember where to find! HELP :)

:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Prism57966 02-01-2015 10:26 PM

chicken strips

1 Attachment(s)
1 packet IP garlic/herb crisp
1 egg
8 oz boneless, skinless chicken (i used thighs)
salt and pepper to taste

preheat oven to 375 degrees
beat egg
garlic/herb crisps in food processer to make bread crumbs
cut chicken into strips or nuggets
dip chicken into egg, then roll in "bread crumbs", place on parchment paper lined baking sheet, bake 15mins, turn chicken pieces over, and then bake additional 15mins.
the recipe i used said that you can broil them on each side when completed cooking to seal crisp and make them crunchy - mine were already crispy and delicious, so i skipped this step.

i made a dipping sauce from WF thousand island and WF ketchup

rainbowsmiles 02-08-2015 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 5110123)
OMG I have a new IP addiction.
Peanut Butter Cookies!

I use Quest Peanut Butter Flavor whey protein powder and just follow the zucchini muffin recipe, but make cookies instead of muffins.

The best thing for me is that these cookies don't set up the same cravings for me as Quest Bars do (I can only buy 1-2 bars at one time b/c I crave them so badly if I have them at home).

I've been making them every day. Today I just broke down and made 3 batches at once.:chef::cookie:

how much protein powder do you use....and can you make them without the zucchini??

lisa32989 02-08-2015 10:30 PM

Rainbow:
I use a scoop (serving) of the quest powder per serving of cookies (makes 3-6 depending on how big you make them).
In my recipe I think I say I like the texture better WITH the zucchini but you could do it without. Since it is shredded and cooked you can't taste it, if that is the issue.

benice 02-12-2015 12:09 PM

Here's a recipe for rainbow chard with shallots:

Olive Oil (to coat pan)
1 Tbsp Garlic
1 Shallot (chopped fine) or Leek if you do not eat shallots on P1
1 Bunch Rainbow Chard (remove leaves and julienne into 1/4" strips, chop stems into 1/2" slices)
1 Tbsp Ground Mustard
Salt and pepper to taste

Heat olive oil in pan. Add garlic until browned. Add shallot and cook until soft). Add chard stems, salt and pepper and cook until soft.

Add chard leaves and cook until wilted (add water/veggie stock if necessary). Add mustard.

Enjoy with sunnyside egg on top (reduce remaining dinner protein to compensate).

frawniemae 02-24-2015 11:08 AM

Big Mac meatloaf

White Cheddar Big Mac Meatloaf
1 lb of lean ground beef or turkey or a mixture of both
1 egg (slightly beaten) or 3 T egg whites, lightly whisked
1/3 C. chopped dill pickles
1 bag IP White Cheddar Ridges, crushed
1 T. WF Ketchup
1 T. Dijon Mustard
1/2 tsp IP Salt
1/4 tsp Black pepper
1 tsp Onion Powder.
Mix & press into 2 sprayed mini loaf pans. Cook 25-30 minutes @ 350. Serve topped with raw onions and WF Thousand Island Dressing.
Makes 2 - 8oz servings of protein. Recipe by Janeva Caroline

oneuh2 02-24-2015 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frawniemae (Post 5135621)
White Cheddar Big Mac Meatloaf
1 lb of lean ground beef or turkey or a mixture of both
1 egg (slightly beaten) or 3 T egg whites, lightly whisked
1/3 C. chopped dill pickles
1 bag IP White Cheddar Ridges, crushed
1 T. WF Ketchup
1 T. Dijon Mustard
1/2 tsp IP Salt
1/4 tsp Black pepper
1 tsp Onion Powder.
Mix & press into 2 sprayed mini loaf pans. Cook 25-30 minutes @ 350. Serve topped with raw onions and WF Thousand Island Dressing.
Makes 2 - 8oz servings of protein. Recipe by Janeva Caroline

Thanks for sharing this - a meatloaf is a great variation idea... I am definitely up for this!

However it occurs to me that putting the ridges in here makes for half of a packet plus the real protein serving, doesn't it? Have to accommodate for it in the rest of the day's menu to stay within 3 per packets per day.... Are the IP ridges restricted?

Great Dane 02-26-2015 06:10 PM

My google-fu has failed me and I couldn't figure out where else here to ask the question!!! So, does anyone know when onions, when being cooked start giving off their sugar, become more carby etc? Raw ok I get that, but is the tip zone to no-no when the onion starts getting soft and translucent? I know that when onions are caramelized they are sweet and that is obvious but how far can I heat them before it's trouble??? Thanks!

frawniemae 02-28-2015 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneuh2 (Post 5135932)
Thanks for sharing this - a meatloaf is a great variation idea... I am definitely up for this!

However it occurs to me that putting the ridges in here makes for half of a packet plus the real protein serving, doesn't it? Have to accommodate for it in the rest of the day's menu to stay within 3 per packets per day.... Are the IP ridges restricted?

Thanks for pointing this out! And, yes; the ridges are restricted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Dane (Post 5136641)
My google-fu has failed me and I couldn't figure out where else here to ask the question!!! So, does anyone know when onions, when being cooked start giving off their sugar, become more carby etc? Raw ok I get that, but is the tip zone to no-no when the onion starts getting soft and translucent? I know that when onions are caramelized they are sweet and that is obvious but how far can I heat them before it's trouble??? Thanks!

Check with your coach but I've been told that cooking them JUST to the wilting point is okay.

frawniemae 02-28-2015 01:45 PM

Pumpkin Spice Muffins or biscotti

PUMPKIN MAPLE MUFFINS (or Biscotti)
Recipe by Janeva Eickhoff

1 IP Butterscotch pudding mix (I used vanilla)
1 IP Crispy cereal mix, crushed
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. extra light olive oil
1 T. skim milk
1/3 C. liquid egg whites, lightly whisked
¼ C. Walden Farms Maple Syrup

1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.In a medium bowl, mix the dry ingredients together including the pudding, cereal, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice.
3.Add the remaining wet ingredients.
4.Spray 6 regular sized muffin tins with cooking spray, then divide batter into them. (I used 2 mini loaf pans.)
5.Bake 13 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean.

Servings: 6 muffins = 2 IP unrestricted 3 muffins = 1 IP unrestricted
1 mini loaf = 1 IP unrestricted (I cut it into 4 slices and toasted to make “biscotti”.)

the_magpie 03-01-2015 09:13 PM

Not exactly a recipe, but maybe inspiration for one

I'm making muffins out of the IP chocolate chip pancake mix, and as I licked the bowl, I realized: this stuff is a lot like cookie dough. (To be fair, I added a little cinnamon and a little vanilla extract, so it might be less like cookie dough without those things.)

I've never been much into chocolate chip cookie dough by itself, or the chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream flavor. But if those are things you liked and miss, maybe the chocolate chip pancake mix will hit the spot. :)

The muffins stay muffin-shaped, too! (And taste nothing like cookies, but they're OK. :))

LUCCILOVE 03-01-2015 09:15 PM

The magpipe..can u show us a photo of the muffins?

the_magpie 03-01-2015 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LUCCILOVE (Post 5137766)
The magpipe..can u show us a photo of the muffins?

Sure thing. This is two batches' worth. (They aren't big, but they're filling.)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ip_muffins.JPG

Someone neater than I am could make them without the weird peaks; you just have to smooth the batter down better. :)

LUCCILOVE 03-01-2015 10:24 PM

So what is 1 serving 2 of the muffins? I have been wanting to try to make this. I only do the pancakes. Thanks for showing.

the_magpie 03-01-2015 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LUCCILOVE (Post 5137779)
So what is 1 serving 2 of the muffins? I have been wanting to try to make this. I only do the pancakes. Thanks for showing.

Yes, the mix makes 2 muffins; there are 2 servings in the picture. :)

I've let them cool, and then I put them into tupperware. They don't feel super appetizing once they're cool. It may turn out that they're only good when fresh.