What Are You EATING TODAY IPeeps?

You're on Page 8 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: That's great that you have such confidence in your coach - but if she has you eating 4oz protein at dinner she isn't following the protocol. Not trying to be confrontational about it, as it's also important that you get along with your coach - but the protocol is written as it is for good reason, and unfortunately many coaches make changes without actually understanding the science behind it.

It was delicious! Even my husband ate it I modified a recipe someone else had posted here:

Bean Sprout Chicken Chow Mein
    Serves 3

1 Tbsp olive or sesame oil
    24 ounces of chicken breast or thighs, cut to bite size pieces
    1 cup chopped onion
    1 cup celery chopped into large bite size pieces
    3 garlic cloves, crushed
    ½ cup fat free chicken broth (or homemade)
    3 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce or Bragg’s aminos
    ½ tsp ground ginger
    3 cups Bean Sprouts
    Dash red pepper flakes (optional)
    Chopped green onion for garnish

Slightly heat olive oil pan and add chicken; cook for about 5-7 minutes, stirring to cook evenly.
    Add onion and cook for 2-3 minutes, until softened. Add celery and garlic and cook until tender crisp, 3-5 minutes.
    Add chicken broth, soy sauce/aminos, ginger, and red pepper flakes (if you want), bring to a simmer. Turn heat down and let simmer about 5 minutes, until the liquid has reduced by about half.
    Turn heat up to a boil, and add bean sprouts. Cook for about 1-2 minutes or until the sprouts are warmed and have softened.
    Serve hot, garnish with chopped green onion.
    Thanks! That sounds delicious- definitely making it!!!
    I'm only eating 4oz of meat if I'm pairing it with the IP rotini. When I approached her with that question she needed to double check before she gave me the go ahead. Thanks for your input though!
  • ILoveSugar: I'll chime in also...

Phase 1 consists of 3 packets (2 non-restricted, 1 restricted) 4 cups of vegetables, 8 oz. of meat, unlimited lettuce, water, salt and oil.

You are free to split up your "food allowance" any way that works best for your lifestyle and schedule, but you must consume everything over the course of 1 day...no more, no less
  • Quote: ILoveSugar: I'll chime in also...

Phase 1 consists of 3 packets (2 non-restricted, 1 restricted) 4 cups of vegetables, 8 oz. of meat, unlimited lettuce, water, salt and oil.

You are free to split up your "food allowance" any way that works best for your lifestyle and schedule, but you must consume everything over the course of 1 day...no more, no less
    Just a question about the unlimited oil. Maybe I read into it wrong...Never heard this before. I know I need 1-2 tsp olive oil, which I do have. Was told to try not frying with olive oil as it changes to a different type of bad fat at high heat. Told coconut oil does not, so I use coconut oil as well as the olive oil requirement. But unlimited? So maybe I can up it a bit? I have been trying to be careful with the amounts as sometimes olive oil is used by lunchtime. I do know someone who uses quite a bit of coconut oil and he is down 85 lbs, but he's a he....

On a side note did cauliflower fried rice with chickn and shrimp and wow. Is it ever good! Takes on the flavour of all the spices and can barely taste the cauliflower (even though I like it cauliflower). Thanks for the idea all!
  • Quote: Just a question about the unlimited oil. Never heard this before. I know I need 1-2 tsp olive oil, which I do have.
    The word "unlimited" pertained to the lettuce.
  • Quote: Just a question about the unlimited oil. Never heard this before. I know I need 1-2 tsp olive oil, which I do have. Was told to try not frying with olive oil as it changes to a different type of bad fat at high heat. Told coconut oil does not, so I use coconut oil as well as the olive oil requirement. But unlimited? So maybe I can up it a bit? I have been trying to be careful with the amounts as sometimes olive oil is used by lunchtime. I do know someone who uses quite a bit of coconut oil and he is down 85 lbs, but he's a he....

On a side note did cauliflower fried rice with chickn and shrimp and wow. Is it ever good! Takes on the flavour of all the spices and can barely taste the cauliflower (even though I like it cauliflower). Thanks for the idea all!
    I make the cauliflower fried rice all the time- I love it!!! I've always made it with chicken, I will definitely make with shrimp!!! Do you use chicken broth & soy sauce?
  • slept late so no breakfast

lunch : turkey sandwich and an apple
    gym: 1.6 mile jog, 10 mins of stairmaster, weights
    dinner: shrimp and yellow pepper stirfry, some cut up veggies on the side
    dessert: ff peach yogurt

yum yum
  • Quote: I make the cauliflower fried rice all the time- I love it!!! I've always made it with chicken, I will definitely make with shrimp!!! Do you use chicken broth & soy sauce?
    I actually didn't even use the broth, just soy and for seasoning, chopped ginger, garlic, jalepeno pepper, cilantro, and a touch of mint.
  • Quote: The word "unlimited" pertained to the lettuce.
    Thanks, kind of figured, threw me off when water was in the same sentance. Would still be good to hear what people's oil amounts for the day really are. I would be surprised if 2 tsp was the limit all used, but who knows maybe that is the case and I am going over a bit.....
  • Quote: Thanks, kind of figured, threw me off when water was in the same sentance. Would still be good to hear what people's oil amounts for the day really are. I would be surprised if 2 tsp was the limit all used, but who knows maybe that is the case and I am going over a bit.....
    2 tsp is what I use. I try to stick to the protocol as closely as possible, but do allow some for cooking occasionally.
  • Phase I, Day 51

B: Dark Chocolate Pudding muffins
    L: Romaine salad; spinach & cauliflower in IP Broccoli & Cheese Soup
    D: Red pepper stuffed with ground pork (leftover from last night's pork chops) & mushrooms; romaine salad w/ radishes, mushrooms, red cabbage, scallions, tomatoes, oil & vinegar
    S: EAS shake
  • Quote: Thanks, kind of figured, threw me off when water was in the same sentance. Would still be good to hear what people's oil amounts for the day really are. I would be surprised if 2 tsp was the limit all used, but who knows maybe that is the case and I am going over a bit.....
    2tsp, always. Usually on my lunch veggies or salad - not including what I cook with because most of that cooks off.
  • Quote: 2tsp, always. Usually on my lunch veggies or salad - not including what I cook with because most of that cooks off.
    Sorry think I need a clarification on the not including what you cook with, you mean you use more at cooking time and that's okay?

I am very curious about the oils. Some say how important they are and okay to go over a bit. And wondering if you do use olive oil on your salad at lunch then how are you supposed to cook dinner with such a little amount left over.

My friend who lives at our house (I have watched very closely how he does the diet) has lost 85 lbs since November uses what I think is a lot of coconut oil. A 16 oz tub every 3 weeks to 1 month. Pretty crazy. Works for him though obviously.

Just wondering averages out there.....
  • Quote: Sorry think I need a clarification on the not including what you cook with, you mean you use more at cooking time and that's okay?

I am very curious about the oils. Some say how important they are and okay to go over a bit. And wondering if you do use olive oil on your salad at lunch then how are you supposed to cook dinner with such a little amount left over.

My friend who lives at our house (I have watched very closely how he does the diet) has lost 85 lbs since November uses what I think is a lot of coconut oil. A 16 oz tub every 3 weeks to 1 month. Pretty crazy. Works for him though obviously.

Just wondering averages out there.....
    When you cook with oil, a lot of it burns off in the cooking process. So if you use 1 tsp of oil in the pan, you aren't going to have 1tsp on your food when it's done cooking. Because of that you really shouldn't count it in your 2 tsp of oil - you wont' be getting the full amount.

That said, I also don't go overboard with using the oil. I use a Misto sprayer to coat veggies with EVOO before roasting, so that there's just a thin amount on the veggies. I cook a dinner for 4 with 1 tbsp of EVOO in the pan, or I use the Misto to grease the baking dish. The amount that actually makes it into your body is pretty small.
  • Thanks for the info. I didn't know it cooked off, figured all just soaked in the food and then into us. I should invest in a mister....and you haven't heard about the olive oil turning to bad fats? Maybe it's just for frying. In anycase whatever you are doing is working so thanks again.
  • Quote: Thanks for the info. I didn't know it cooked off, figured all just soaked in the food and then into us. I should invest in a mister....and you haven't heard about the olive oil turning to bad fats? Maybe it's just for frying. In anycase whatever you are doing is working so thanks again.
    I don't cook with EVOO. I only put it on AFTER cooking b/c of the unhealthy breakdown that occurs when cooking with it. I have read a LOT about it. I prefer coconut oil for cooking. When I read Dr Trans books, he doesn't really get picky about WHICH oils, so my guess is that IP just chose a couple to simplify things. It was one of the things I discussed with my coach during our first meeting & basically told her from what I knew about oils, use of coconut oil was a non-negotiable for me. I DO follow IP guidelines for amount of added oil and have GREATLY reduced added oil compared to what I was using before IP.